As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    ObiFett wrote: »
    How much gold do all the other freeloaders around here spend on an expansion? My goal is to get enough of the expansion to be able to make most decks but also leave enough to use for the next expansion. I've got 8k gold and about 16k dust. I reroll quests obsessively and missed maybe 2-3 quests total between RR and now.

I'm thinking I get 60 packs and use a max of 5k dust for this expansion?

I'm at 10.5k gold and 10k dust. Not sure how much to dump into the new set, but it'll probably be a majority of it. Well, on the gold front at least. The dust will be for targeting the legend and epic cards I missed out on.

The only thing I'm on the fence about is saving up the 2.8k gold for the single-player stuff. It's less overall cards for standard, but might be worth it for the fun. At the very least, I'm not opposed to dropping $20 on it.

Edit: And you can always try out this pack opening simulator to see where your desired cards-to-gold ratio will land.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Woahhhh Poisonous + "deal one damage to everything at the end of your turn" is pretty nasty combo! Takes two cards, but still. I've seen worse 2-card board clears.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Woahhhh Poisonous + "deal one damage to everything at the end of your turn" is pretty nasty combo! Takes two cards, but still. I've seen worse 2-card board clears.

Are you talking about the Boomsday magnetic combo?

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    Thawmus wrote: »

It's Magnetic, yeah. Dunno if they are both Boomsday cards, I haven't really played much recently :(

Seems strong though.

Steam profile
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Lackey rogue seeems pretty good yo

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    ArcsurvivorArcsurvivor CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Kripp was drafting Druid arena and Naturalize showed up as one of the choices. He jokingly tried to call one of the Devs and picked the card.

Hearthstone: (Wild and Arena)
    Currently Playing on Steam - Journey down Ch 3/ Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Options
    Thawmus wrote: »

It's Magnetic, yeah. Dunno if they are both Boomsday cards, I haven't really played much recently :(

Seems strong though.

Early Bomb Hunter decks used that combo for board clears. It's pretty good, but it's even better when you're throwing bombs on the board constantly.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    How much gold do all the other freeloaders around here spend on an expansion? My goal is to get enough of the expansion to be able to make most decks but also leave enough to use for the next expansion. I've got 8k gold and about 16k dust. I reroll quests obsessively and missed maybe 2-3 quests total between RR and now.

I'm thinking I get 60 packs and use a max of 5k dust for this expansion?

I'm at 10.5k gold and 10k dust. Not sure how much to dump into the new set, but it'll probably be a majority of it. Well, on the gold front at least. The dust will be for targeting the legend and epic cards I missed out on.

The only thing I'm on the fence about is saving up the 2.8k gold for the single-player stuff. It's less overall cards for standard, but might be worth it for the fun. At the very least, I'm not opposed to dropping $20 on it.

Edit: And you can always try out this pack opening simulator to see where your desired cards-to-gold ratio will land.

That simulator is nice. Turns out 60 packs rewards a collection of 98/75/20/15 percentage of commons/rare/epic/legendary. That seems pretty good and probably what I will do. That will leave me with enough gold for single player and I can start saving everything from that point on for the next expansion.

edit: And considering there are 4 months between expansions, the absolute minimum amount of gold I can earn between expansions if I only get 50g quests rounds out to about 6k gold. I think thats a pretty good baseline to spend on each expansion.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    the solo adventure doesn't reward anything this time around, does it? It seems weird to sell it if it doesn't even reward any cards

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    the solo adventure doesn't reward anything this time around, does it? It seems weird to sell it if it doesn't even reward any cards

Oh, you're right. It just rewards packs.

hm, I will probably skip it then

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    You get a golden pack! So as to maximize your gambling and not make it strictly better or worse than just buying packs. It might be better! But it's more likely to be worse

• Options
    Kripp is claiming that he's never played Blastmaster Boom and then lost.

Bomb Warrior looks really scary

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Prediction: next expansion we'll get a Crab minion that can safely eat bombs.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Kripp is claiming that he's never played Blastmaster Boom and then lost.

Bomb Warrior looks really scary

I can see why. Dr. Boom is still considered to be one of the best cards ever printed. The requirements to get this one at least that good are fairly trivial (a single Wrenchcalibur is easily enough for this). And then you have the aforementioned Dr. Boom hero rush synergy.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    That game was epic....and peak Hearthstone.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    edited April 2019

New Priest! Same as Old Priest. [Like forever old priest]

Optional: Priest, Priest never changes.

Who-Psyd on
  • Options

Toast getting just enough RNG :P

Steam profile
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    The Judge wrote: »
    Prediction: next expansion we'll get a Crab minion that can safely eat bombs.

spoilered for not-a-real-card:
    b0db8ccd.png

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Look at those Shuffle Elephants in that deck...

:P

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    it's a spider tank with upside, the purest of hearthstone cards

it's so elegant when there are two boards of 3/4s staring at each other. all the trades look stupid, just go face, say the 3/4s

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    So I make a new priest deck, put only Vargoth in it and then auto complete. I get a resurrect Priest. Vargoth is too strong in that deck since he will re-resurrect himself everything you get him back.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Played 5 games as heal zoo (my first ladder games this month) and didn't run into any priests tonight. Of course the first two games were auto-losses, as is apparently the matchmaker's ancient ritual for me every new month.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    man the bomb deck looks like some dumb fun, although I feel like everyone's gonna wind up hating it because it's so non-interactive

that and shuffle rogue I think are the ones I'm gonna do crafts for

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    man the bomb deck looks like some dumb fun, although I feel like everyone's gonna wind up hating it because it's so non-interactive

there's a certain critical mass where it goes from "not impactful enough" to "actually quite oppressive" and i think we may just be hitting it with this set

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Handkor wrote: »
    So I make a new priest deck, put only Vargoth in it and then auto complete. I get a resurrect Priest. Vargoth is too strong in that deck since he will re-resurrect himself everything you get him back.

Slammed vargoth on turn 4 turn 7 unupgraded spellstone gets vargoth and tarcreeper into vargoth and tarcreeper.

Yep that is playing out as expected.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    also, while Oblivitron might not be good enough to see play,

i think Nine Lives still has a pretty good shot

mostly just because 3 mana summon a 7/7 and place a 2/2 Deathrattle 7/7 in hand seems kind of fucking insane, right

that's a lot better than 3 mana summon two 2/2s, anyway

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Dibby wrote: »

there's a certain critical mass where it goes from "not impactful enough" to "actually quite oppressive" and i think we may just be hitting it with this set

Agree. Watched a bit of the trump stream and don’t think his deck was great. He got pretty unlucky considering he shuffled 7 bombs.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    There was another amazing game where toast schemed 11 togwaggles into his deck with a crown treasure in hand. He derpstoned an amazing board in 2 turns only to be pyroblasted randomly in the face for lethal.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Yeah vargoth is super bullshit in priest

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    "ah, the classic priest opening, do nothing"

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Oaken summons->vargoth is also pretty bullshit.

Edit: oh god, vargoth on 4 behind a coined protector. Opponent can’t clear it. Free swipe turn 5, clears their board. Free nourish turn 6, double mana.

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

The new iOS card back is really, really pretty.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

Everyone seems to have figured out how to not die to Hakkar Druid.

Sigh.

Back to Mecha’thun or Malygos in order to clear out the last 40 or so wins left for Druid.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    tried to ladder with wall priest because i apparently hate myself

paladin drops murloc tidecaller, i have no early drops

turn 2 he plays rockpool hunter so he has a 1 mana 3/3, cool

turn 3 he plays murloc warleader and hits me for 10

at this point i can maybe stay alive to coin mass hysteria? maybe? i play a northshire cleric as a last ditch pseudo taunt

turn 4 gentle megasaur > windfury

3XiKMch.gif

• Options
    70qncy4poq19.png

I feel like maybe I shouldn't stop with ladder just yet....

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Damn dude keep that going

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    I think it's both frustrating and hilarious that what gets me to stop my roll every time is running into a Wall...

...Priest.

#HoFPriestFromHearthstone

• Options
    hmmm...

I think maybe Vargoth is the one casting spells? So "Summon a minion with cost equal to your armor" does nothing. Not even summon a 0-cost minion. It's weird.

Steam profile
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    What Warrior are you running @Thawmus ?