As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    What Warrior are you running @Thawmus ?

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrush Warrior!

But with Spirits. So I call it Spirit Warrior.

### Rush Warrior
    # Class: Warrior
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Raven
    #
    # 2x (1) Town Crier
    # 2x (1) Spirit of the Rhino
    # 2x (1) Eternium Rover
    # 1x (2) Prince Keleseth
    # 2x (3) Rabid Worgen
    # 2x (3) Frothing Berserker
    # 1x (4) Spellbreaker
    # 2x (4) Saronite Chain Gang
    # 2x (4) Militia Commander
    # 1x (4) Kor'kron Elite
    # 2x (4) Blood Razor
    # 1x (5) Zilliax
    # 2x (5) Fungalmancer
    # 1x (5) Dyn-o-matic
    # 1x (5) Darius Crowley
    # 1x (6) Sul'thraze
    # 1x (7) Amani War Bear
    # 1x (8) The Lich King
    # 1x (8) Scourgelord Garrosh
    # 1x (8) Grommash Hellscream
    # 1x (8) Akali, the Rhino
    #
    AAECAQcMHNIC8gXCzgKf0wKc4gLN7wKe+wKggAOIhwOahwPYjAMJjgWbywLMzQLR4QK67AKd8ALR9QKz/AKSmAMA
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
    # Find this deck on https://hsreplay.net/decks/AZ9vQP88E6HqOaOXPx19Ie/

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    And before you poo-poo on the spirits or Akali, lemme tell you, nothing fucks a game up more than having Ziliax come out as a 9/8, knock your big guy down, and not even lose the bubble when he does it while I heal for 9.

And Crowley and the Rhino Spirits were made for each other. They're in love.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I just played a game with it, against a Rush ditto with Boom Hero. :( He randomly discovered the 2/5 spawn taunts and I just got wrecked.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I'd like to try that deck but I don't have Darius, which I'm assuming is a key card to the Rush theme.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I just played a game with it, against a Rush ditto with Boom Hero. :( He randomly discovered the 2/5 spawn taunts and I just got wrecked.

This happens.

I mull for Prince K and 1-drop and 3-drops (but I do not mull for Rhino Spirits, I discard them if I can, they're of no help until T4 at the earliest, and there's no benefit to playing them early).

And then I pretty much play every non-Rush minion I can on curve, until there's a minion to murder. If I have a spirit in hand, I basically treat all of my Rush minions like they have a +1 cost modifier. The value of having them go out, murder a dude, and be in perfect health, is seriously unfair and is a big part of what makes the deck work.
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I'd like to try that deck but I don't have Darius, which I'm assuming is a key card to the Rush theme.

I don't know that I'd say that, necessarily. He's a big threat that is a lightning bolt for removal, like flappy bird and corpsetaker. I wouldn't say he necessarily wins me games otherwise.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    I don't have Akali or Grommash.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Thawmus wrote: »

I don't know that I'd say that, necessarily. He's a big threat that is a lightning bolt for removal, like flappy bird and corpsetaker. I wouldn't say he necessarily wins me games otherwise.

Looks like I'm missing Sul'Thraze as well. Hmm...missing those 3 cards might be a bit too much to make the deck work.

Edit: I crafted one Sul'Thraze and added a second Kor'kron Elite in place of Crowley. Let's see how I do.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options

Looks like I'm missing Sul'Thraze as well. Hmm...missing those 3 cards might be a bit too much to make the deck work.

Sul'Thraze is also not a big deal, either. Any other expensive weapon will do the work. Every time I've used Sul'Thraze I basically feel like I'm showing off at that point.
    forty wrote: »
    I don't have Akali or Grommash.

Sub in a couple Charge guys. Another Kor'kron Elite and Leeroy should do it.

Akali is really only useful for putting late game terrors into your hand, and I think it's been maybe 7 or 8 games since I drew him.

Also if you don't have Grom, you can consider a completely different early game package than the Frothing Beserker/Blood Razor I have going on. Probably switch it all out for mechs. Also swap DK Garrosh for Dr. Boom if you have him.

When I've hit my limit with this deck I'll craft Dr. Boom (I feel this is a safe craft) and try that, actually.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Dehumanized on
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Huh, I thought they banned Nexus in Bo1.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options

Favorite comment:

"Dormammu, I've come to bargain."

• Options
    Jesus, the Eye of Agamotto plays.

• Options
    Obviously the only responsible play if you ever get a board full of Vargoths as Mage is Deck of Wonders.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Obviously the only responsible play if you ever get a board full of Vargoths as Mage is Deck of Wonders.

Pyroblast, and let the gods decide who wins

(There was a card that did that right? That was silly :P )

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »

Does hearthstone check for deaths in between these triggers?

(Rod of roasting, maximum skill card)

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited April 2019

I now know what I'm doing on my bus ride home.

EDIT: When winning isn't even a consideration.

Arcane Missiles × 2
    Babbling Book × 2
    Arcane Explosion × 2
    Arcanologist × 2
    Frostbolt × 2
    Mad Scientist × 2
    Primordial Glyph × 2
    Research Project × 2
    Duplicate × 2
    Frost Nova × 2
    Ice Block × 2
    Simulacrum × 2
    Splitting Image × 1
    Archmage Vargoth × 1
    Deck of Wonders × 2
    Emperor Thaurissan × 1
    Yogg-Saron, Hope's End × 1

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    So I'm kinda wondering here, how long until we're talking about Vargoth like we talk about Shudderwock?

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Phyphor wrote: »

I'm not sure if this is a sufficient check but I've had cloning gallery priest games ended by doing 60 damage to someone's face via a single played mind blast and two vargoth copied blasts; the third one goes through even though my opponent was at like -15 as of the second blast. I'd assume the third blast wouldn't go off if it did; I think all of them resolve then deaths happen.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular

I'm not sure if this is a sufficient check but I've had cloning gallery priest games ended by doing 60 damage to someone's face via a single played mind blast and two vargoth copied blasts; the third one goes through even though my opponent was at like -15 as of the second blast. I'd assume the third blast wouldn't go off if it did; I think all of them resolve then deaths happen.

Yeah that's enough. So pyroblast would very likely end in a tie

• Options
    Hey, 2-0 with your deck @Thawmus. Beat an odd Paladin (Bloodrazor/Rush stronk) and a Rez Priest trying Varogoth shenanigans. If it was Cloning Gallery, I might have been in trouble, but I outlasted him to fatigue and won.

Surprised not to see a Woodcutter's Axe in the list. Synergy with the Rush minions and helps early game aggro. Just not worth it I guess?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Hey, 2-0 with your deck @Thawmus. Beat an odd Paladin (Bloodrazor/Rush stronk) and a Rez Priest trying Varogoth shenanigans. If it was Cloning Gallery, I might have been in trouble, but I outlasted him to fatigue and won.

Surprised not to see a Woodcutter's Axe in the list. Synergy with the Rush minions and helps early game aggro. Just not worth it I guess?

You'd have to drop Prince K, and Prince K is still a big deal. Plus that'd make the deck a little heavy on weapons.

After the rotation I'm really interested to see what this deck looks like. Probably will have more mechs and Rush minions in it, and Woodcutter's Axe.

You're not wrong about the early game, though. If I don't have Blood Razor and I'm up against Odd Paladin it can be really rough.

• Options

Yeah that's enough. So pyroblast would very likely end in a tie
    It would probably depend how close each player is to death. Since you get as many Pyroblasts as you have Vargoths, if each player has 11+ health, there is a reasonable chance of the Vargoths absorbing enough Pyroblasts to keep one or both players from dying.

• Options
    Shadowhope wrote: »

I now know what I'm doing on my bus ride home.

EDIT: When winning isn't even a consideration.

Arcane Missiles × 2
    Babbling Book × 2
    Arcane Explosion × 2
    Arcanologist × 2
    Frostbolt × 2
    Mad Scientist × 2
    Primordial Glyph × 2
    Research Project × 2
    Duplicate × 2
    Frost Nova × 2
    Ice Block × 2
    Simulacrum × 2
    Splitting Image × 1
    Archmage Vargoth × 1
    Deck of Wonders × 2
    Emperor Thaurissan × 1
    Yogg-Saron, Hope's End × 1
    Would a Shuffle Elephant cause each Vargoth's Deck of Wonders to double? You could probably hit the 60 card deck size limit with Scrolls of Wonder...

• Options

You'd have to drop Prince K, and Prince K is still a big deal. Plus that'd make the deck a little heavy on weapons.

After the rotation I'm really interested to see what this deck looks like. Probably will have more mechs and Rush minions in it, and Woodcutter's Axe.

You're not wrong about the early game, though. If I don't have Blood Razor and I'm up against Odd Paladin it can be really rough.

Oh right, how could I forget the Prince? It’ll be nice to see him go.

As for the future, losing Bloodrazor will sting and might mean adding activators for Grom or cutting him out entirely.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    i got back up to Rank 6 today, but i kept running into FUCKIN HUNTERS

so i said fuck it, i'mma swap to odd warrior. i'mma beef on these assholes. fuck u, hunters

queue up. first. fucking. game. i shit you not, is an odd warrior mirror.

OdlT69R.jpg

1j6pWzH.png

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Dibby wrote: »

so i said fuck it, i'mma swap to odd warrior. i'mma beef on these assholes. fuck u, hunters

OdlT69R.jpg

1j6pWzH.png

I’d ask who won, but you’re probably still playing. Let me know tomorrow when it’s over.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    I opened my 131 packs already, I didn't know you could already do that! I was put into a fireside brawl, so maybe that is the reason? Anyway I got the following legendaries:
    Jepetto
    Togwaggle
    Rafaam
    Lucentbark
    Commander Rhyssa
    Madam Lazul
    Chef Nomi

• Options

As for the future, losing Bloodrazor will sting and might mean adding activators for Grom or cutting him out entirely.

Yeah, I'm thinking I'd drop Grom for Leeroy or come up with a different finisher play.

And yes, I can't wait for Prince K to go, I think it'll be a huge boon to deckbuilding in general.

• Options
    envoy1 wrote: »
    I opened my 131 packs already, I didn't know you could already do that! I was put into a fireside brawl, so maybe that is the reason? Anyway I got the following legendaries:
    Jepetto
    Togwaggle
    Rafaam
    Lucentbark
    Commander Rhyssa
    Madam Lazul
    Chef Nomi
    Exactly the expected number of legendaries! Way to keep things in line!

• Options

OdlT69R.jpg

1j6pWzH.png

I’d ask who won, but you’re probably still playing. Let me know tomorrow when it’s over.

my opponent gave up, but no one truly wins in odd warrior mirrors

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited April 2019

When that happened to me yesterday I went Secret Paladin. I feel like Secret Paladin is the best deck in the Rumble meta, and yet no one really seems aware of it. It doesn’t get nearly the number of complaints that Genn/Baku decks or Wall Priest or even Tempo Rogue get. It’s like its power is itself a secret.

Edit: On the topic of Secret Paladin, I just accidentally queued with it, into Cloning Gallary Priest. A Malygos plus Spirit Lash acted like a Reno at one point, bringing the Priest up from five health. I won that game by silencing Malygos and using a string of Noble Defenders to deliberately keep the Malygos alive on board. Eventually, the Priest was forced to scream away his own Malygos while I had only three cards left in my deck, because they were otherwise dead on board. A Tarim drop finished the Priest off two turns later. Secret Paladin is a fun, fun deck.

Edit 2: Also, I’m 5-0 with Quest Druid at rank 5, and I’m now at rank 4, WTF.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options

When that happened to me yesterday I went Secret Paladin. I feel like Secret Paladin is the best deck in the Rumble meta, and yet no one really seems aware of it. It doesn’t get nearly the number of complaints that Genn/Baku decks or Wall Priest or even Tempo Rogue get. It’s like its power is itself a secret.

i dusted CTA during the nerfs and i didn't feel like recrafting them just for ~four months of usage :p

cause otherwise yeh i'd probably give it a swing

it's kicked my ass super fucking hard and it felt damn strong when i queued up against it

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options

Yeah, I'm thinking I'd drop Grom for Leeroy or come up with a different finisher play.

And yes, I can't wait for Prince K to go, I think it'll be a huge boon to deckbuilding in general.

This is an initial draft of what it'd look like:

Shadow Rush

• Options
    well, the funniest vargoth play in clone priest is definitely putting 6 of them on the board then mind blasting, but i'm sure glad this bullshit is only going to be in standard in this form for a few more days

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Archmage Vargoth and Avenging Wrath on the same turn is giggle-inducing.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Here's what I'll be playing because I hate fun.

2x Shimmerfly
    2x Springpaw
    2x Timber Wolf
    2x Headhunter's Hatchet
    2x Hunting Mastiff
    2x Scavenging Hyena
    2x Animal Companion
    2x Kill Command
    2x Master's Call
    2x Dire Frenzy
    1x Hunting Party
    2x Tundra Rhino
    2x Savannah Highmane
    2x Unleash the Beast
    King Krush
    Oondasta
    Zul'jin

• Options
    Edit 2: Also, I’m 5-0 with Quest Druid at rank 5, and I’m now at rank 4, WTF.
    Please don't encourage MMMig.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    vargoth is really silly in wild big priest.

t3 coin barnes pulls y'shaarj pulls vargoth
    t4 trade y'shaarj into my opponent's twilight drake, resurrect y'shaarj, vargoth resurrects another one,
    first y'shaarj triggers but opponent concedes before it even finishes pulling.

i almost preordered because i've been playing hearthstone again, but thankfully thought better of it.
    i already have a big collection, full of dust! just gotta go through and dust my unplayable wild commons and golden extras.

• Options
    Yilias wrote: »
    Here's what I'll be playing because I hate fun.

2x Shimmerfly
    2x Springpaw
    2x Timber Wolf
    2x Headhunter's Hatchet
    2x Hunting Mastiff
    2x Scavenging Hyena
    2x Animal Companion
    2x Kill Command
    2x Master's Call
    2x Dire Frenzy
    1x Hunting Party
    2x Tundra Rhino
    2x Savannah Highmane
    2x Unleash the Beast
    King Krush
    Oondasta
    Zul'jin

yeah, RIP crackling razormaw

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Yeah losing Razormaw is brutal. Your 2 drop options now are basically what I already put in, the vanilla 3/2 or 2/3, and secrets. I considered doing Subject 9 and secrets but there's only like 4 or 5 secrets total now.