As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tom Clancy's [The Division] 2: The Division x Resident Evil Crossover Feb 2 - 15

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    The Xbox spring sale is going on right now, so that's probably why you saw it. It's been a month too, so it's around sale time anyway.

even 23 seconds is a long time to idle in combat... not my thing. the armor regen is non-stop though (similar to how Div 1 worked, delay, then recover)

True, but my LMG takes 4 seconds to reload, so that's 20%, and as long as you're stuck to the cover, even if you're aiming down sights exposing yourself, it still ticks.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    The dogs are the strongest unit for the LMB. Like a gold dog can one shot you and with the bleed attached kill you.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    been trying to get one talent on an AR forever ant it JUST WON'T DROP.

Kinda disheartening, especially the way they keep changing gear without (apparently) playtesting anything.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Bleh, did the 4v1Hunters... Death didn't drop his mask, or despawned... IDK. fight wound up spilling into a hostile control point and all sorts of crazy. but now I have to fight them again.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Man, I love the DZ. Just about rank 50. I even love the intensity of the occupied DZ. But losing a full level when dying, in a zone built around getting ganked, is just... wtf were they thinking...

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »
    Man, I love the DZ. Just about rank 50. I even love the intensity of the occupied DZ. But losing a full level when dying, in a zone built around getting ganked, is just... wtf were they thinking...

I thought I read early on that you didn't lose XP unless you go rogue. Was that something I invented? Because I've lost XP and levels without going rogue.

• Options
    DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    It says you don't lose XP unless you're rogue, but apparently any PVP encounter ends in someone losing XP.

At least, that's how I think it goes.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Options
    As best I can tell, you seem to lose xp from any PvP encounter in the occupied DZ (including while SHD status), whereas you do not lose xp for any PvP encounter in the non-occupied DZ (including while rogue). As the main benefit of the occupied DZ seems to be a slight increase in gear sets and exotics (both of which are ass, at present), it's just not worth the trouble.

• Options
    In occupied DZs, there is no rogue status, as far as I know - PvP/friendly fire is flat out on all the time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    You lose XP by dying in the Occupied Dark Zone.

Doesnt have to be PvP.

I went there for the achievement and I dont see any notable reason for ever going back there, downsides are too great, not seeing benefits from that place compared to the other DZ’s.

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    You lose XP by dying in the Occupied Dark Zone.

Doesnt have to be PvP.

I went there for the achievement and I dont see any notable reason for ever going back there, downsides are too great, not seeing benefits from that place compared to the other DZ’s.

its a fast place to get hard wired components. run around in a group for about 30 min and you will be full. I rarely see the bits drop off of black tusk in regular PVE

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    I’m not really interested in any of these gear sets, they seem awfully bland.

Shields are still useless, Pestilence is useless.

Fix underpowered things before you start nerfing abilities that are actually working, Massive.

I’ll pick up Nemesis next week but if its following the current trend, it wont be anything to write home about.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Froods, I heartily recommend following the bounty chains in a group of like minded murderers. They get off the chain.

One fine mission, we went from dusk to the dead of night fighting over blocks until at long last we unlocked the boss wave and stopped as one, horrified. They were just warming up?

Cue Fido The Wonder Dog and Friends incinerating my agent moments after I tossed incendiaries at them. That's a good dog, Fido. Ow.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    guys, guys, is there a clan? also my uplay name is Depressperado, add me, perhaps we will shoot mans together!

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I found time this weekend to jump back in to this game and played a few hours on Sunday. I finally got into WT1 and I'm shocked and confused by the amount of 'high-end' gear that drops. Was the original game so generous with loot as well?

As soon as I hit WT1 I found out that my favorite AR is only gearscore 189, which made me sad. I tried using a 300 LMG but I just cant manage to make it work for me. I have extremely poor aim and the feed back on the LMG has me spraying bullets all over the place but only about 1/5 of them are actually hitting the target. So even with a 120 round mag, I'm still only getting two or three kills before I need to reload. After a frustrating couple of hours I switched back to my low-score AR and changed back into Death Incarnate. I really can't explain it; I think the AR tracers provide the right kind of feedback that let me correct and hold my aim. Even though it's only a 40 round mag (compared to the 120 on the LMG!) and practically half the gearscore, I can easily take down five or six baddies in a single AR clip without trouble! I expect that at some point I'll find a similar AR that will let me break the 200 mark. Until then I'm probably being held (numerically, not "effectively") back by that gun.

Speaking of gearscore I'm nowhere near completing the pre-requisite missions to unlock the strongholds in WT1 and pretty much everything I own is already at the cap for WT1 (300). I seem to recall people complaining that they could hit the required gearscore by buying mix-and-match gear that didn't really "fit" their builds. I'm confused by that since it seems that the loot-hose nature of the game allows for you to pretty much upgrade your build as you play without any problems whatsoever. I'm finding that my gear acquisition rate is easily outpacing my game advancement rate! I've only finished half of the six pre-stronghold missions and I'm already just ignoring gold drops on the ground because I don't "need" them and it seems silly to spend time to pick them up.

I've never played a game where the numbers get bigger "too fast" before....

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    GhlinnGhlinn Registered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »
    I found time this weekend to jump back in to this game and played a few hours on Sunday. I finally got into WT1 and I'm shocked and confused by the amount of 'high-end' gear that drops. Was the original game so generous with loot as well?

As soon as I hit WT1 I found out that my favorite AR is only gearscore 189, which made me sad. I tried using a 300 LMG but I just cant manage to make it work for me. I have extremely poor aim and the feed back on the LMG has me spraying bullets all over the place but only about 1/5 of them are actually hitting the target. So even with a 120 round mag, I'm still only getting two or three kills before I need to reload. After a frustrating couple of hours I switched back to my low-score AR and changed back into Death Incarnate. I really can't explain it; I think the AR tracers provide the right kind of feedback that let me correct and hold my aim. Even though it's only a 40 round mag (compared to the 120 on the LMG!) and practically half the gearscore, I can easily take down five or six baddies in a single AR clip without trouble! I expect that at some point I'll find a similar AR that will let me break the 200 mark. Until then I'm probably being held (numerically, not "effectively") back by that gun.

Speaking of gearscore I'm nowhere near completing the pre-requisite missions to unlock the strongholds in WT1 and pretty much everything I own is already at the cap for WT1 (300). I seem to recall people complaining that they could hit the required gearscore by buying mix-and-match gear that didn't really "fit" their builds. I'm confused by that since it seems that the loot-hose nature of the game allows for you to pretty much upgrade your build as you play without any problems whatsoever. I'm finding that my gear acquisition rate is easily outpacing my game advancement rate! I've only finished half of the six pre-stronghold missions and I'm already just ignoring gold drops on the ground because I don't "need" them and it seems silly to spend time to pick them up.

One thing that is not obvious is that your WT goes up for each stronghold you finish and each one only needs you to do the two invaded missions in it's area to unlock it. It's probably worth advancing as soon as you can so you can start getting the higher drops.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Is the best way to get invasion apparel keys to redo invaded missions?

• Options
    Invasion apparel keys come from Field Proficiency levelups, sometimes. Beyond the weekly project and paying real money, that’s the only way to get them.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited April 2019

You’ll get through WT1 pretty quick. I spent a couple of hours doing all of the Invaded missions (you will fast travel to them with matchmaking into another group, saving you the leg work running around) through matchmaking, and by the end of it I had high enough GS that I could tackle the first Invaded Stronghold (through matched again).

Took roughly 4-5 hours to get through WT2, mostly because my gear drops weren’t great. WT3 is taking even longer, seems the population is mostly either WT1 or WT5 by now.

Once you take the Strongholds, the surrounding areas are unInvaded and the Black Tusk just become a 4th faction in the power struggle and you can play like you used to, but CPs will flip with or without you between them and civilians.

Remember to upgrade your workbench! I really like the Police M4 AR, and having an equivalent level work bench lets me make them matching/slightly exceeding my GS so I’ve always got my favourite AR.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    Also easiest place to gear up is the normalized dark zone since your previous gear isn't out moded there.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I still haven’t tried the normalised dark zones outside of the recon missions. How are they for solo play?

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Dalantia wrote: »
    Invasion apparel keys come from Field Proficiency levelups, sometimes. Beyond the weekly project and paying real money, that’s the only way to get them.

DZ Rank up caches (post 50) can also give invasion apparel keys.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    -Loki- wrote: »
    I still haven’t tried the normalised dark zones outside of the recon missions. How are they for solo play?

I do them either early in the morning or later at night and they aren't that bad. I just treat other players as more aggressive enemies and bail anytime one shows up.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Ghlinn wrote: »

One thing that is not obvious is that your WT goes up for each stronghold you finish and each one only needs you to do the two invaded missions in it's area to unlock it. It's probably worth advancing as soon as you can so you can start getting the higher drops.
    Oh!!! That was -not- obvious!! I've done one of the pre-requisite missions for each of the three strongholds, which (now that I know this) seems to have been the least optimal path to progress! If I'm understanding what you're saying, when I complete one of the three "invaded" strongholds, I'll advance to WT2, then when I complete the second it's WT3, and the third will push me to WT4? Is that right?

I'm sitting at gearscore 283 now (with my main gun still at 189 lol) and with only 6 missions between me and WT4 I'm guessing that the gearscore really will be the limiting factor! Gearing up in the DZ is superfast so I expect that an hour there will get me through that speedbump. The only reason I haven't gone back in there (yet) is that I'm sitting close to the cap for WT1 already (without trying). I guess I'll just two two missions to unlock WT2 and then see what happens.

26904.png
  • Options
    Ghlinn wrote: »

Oh!!! That was -not- obvious!! I've done one of the pre-requisite missions for each of the three strongholds, which (now that I know this) seems to have been the least optimal path to progress! If I'm understanding what you're saying, when I complete one of the three "invaded" strongholds, I'll advance to WT2, then when I complete the second it's WT3, and the third will push me to WT4? Is that right?

I'm sitting at gearscore 283 now (with my main gun still at 189 lol) and with only 6 missions between me and WT4 I'm guessing that the gearscore really will be the limiting factor! Gearing up in the DZ is superfast so I expect that an hour there will get me through that speedbump. The only reason I haven't gone back in there (yet) is that I'm sitting close to the cap for WT1 already (without trying). I guess I'll just two two missions to unlock WT2 and then see what happens.

Yeah they don't explain it properly. But like when you finish a stronghold you unlock the next tier, but with that tier you lock the other two strongholds behind a new gear score for that tier. So don't stay too long and do too many missions at whatever tier you're on max gear level.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    -Loki- wrote: »
    I play exclusively solo in the DZ. Admittedly during non-standard hours - late evening for me is 4 to 7 am in the US, so player counts are abysmally low. For the most part I've not had any of the bad experiences that others have. Generally speaking, I've found that most people are 'nice' when you meet them, but you -always- have to be thinking that they could turn on you at any time (because they WILL) and never feel like you got "outplayed" when it happens (because it WILL happen).

In terms of overall difficulty, in the normalized DZ, a decent gun will delete any NPC opponent in less than a dozen shots. Red bar NPCs drop in a handful of hits. IMO it's a LOT easier than the LZ play.

Having said that, if you agonize over every game death as a personal failure then it might not be for you; you WILL be killed in there and it WON'T be your fault (in most cases)! If you can laugh off getting ganked by the same guy who you just saved from a roaming patrol and teamed up with for three landmarks, the rewards are AMAZING! (He was likely just seeing how "good" you are while you were teamed up.) Some people find it stressful to have to continually watch their back. For me, after playing PvP MMOs for the last three and a half decades, it's just how games are. Just like PvE players learn to recognize which NPC threat to eliminate first, PvP players learn to recognize other player behavior. You can pretty much tell who is likely going to (try to) gank you, and when it will happen. Spoiler: it's NOT everyone and it's NOT all the time! The vast majority of folks are just trying to have fun. Only a small subset of players are actively arseholes! The real key point is to not take it personally and to learn how it works. When you meet one of Those Guys that just exists to make life miserable for you, just find a new spot. It doesn't matter how great the thing you've found is... it's not great when you spend 50% or more of your time running back from spawn because that One Guy keeps getting you. Despite being small, the DZs have plenty of space to avoid the bad eggs. Don't be afraid to run when you're outmatched - you don't HAVE to win every fight!

You also learn to recognize players that you can beat 9 times out of 10. Based on how they play, where they position, how they shoot, etc. It's a lot of tiny things that add up to "target" and not "threat". As the saying goes: Knowing (who is and isn't an actual threat, BEFORE the bullets start flying) is half the battle. PS: just because you -can- kill them doesn't mean you -should- kill them. Don't be That Guy! Stepping on ants does not make you a hero.

The #1 goal of That Guy is to make you Not Have Fun. You CAN'T beat him or make him not do that. You just have to accept that. There is literally nothing you can do to "win" against him. Even if you fight him and kill him, you're not doing the (fun) thing that you wanted to do and he's still "winning". (Unless, of course, you were looking for players to kill, in which case, everybody wins!) I've found it's best just to ignore him and find something else (fun) to do until he goes away. The great thing about these games is there are plenty of options that are "fun" and That Guy can't stop you from doing all of them! One of -my- favorite pastimes is baiting Rogues into the line of fire of the auto-turrets. Sure, they may kill me occasionally, but I'm stopping them from making me Not Have Fun because I'm having a blast watching them get shredded! Another favorite of mine is following That Guy around and waiting until he thinks he has the upper hand on someone else and then "helping" him back to spawn. Sadly, these opportunities are few and far between (for me) because of my time zone. (And it runs the risk of incentivising him to proactively come after me, but that's just how it goes.)

Also, don't open any chests (unless you have a key) and don't "hack" any panels. At least not until you understand the landscape. Both of those will force you into Rogue status for 60 seconds, which makes you fair game for everyone else in there - both SHD and Rogue alike. Until you're ready to have a literal target on your head, stick with staying SHD and clearing landmarks. If you want to fight players, don't worry: Rogue targets will present themselves.

Also also, unless you're prepared to die for it, don't even bother with contaminated gear. Picking it up makes you a more attractive target and more often than not it's not going to "fit" into your build. Even if you're just looking for GS advances, you'll get plenty of those from uncontaminated gear. Contaminated gear is like Schrodinger's Gear, it both exists and doesn't exist at the same time, but to find out which state it actually is in requires a minimum of two minutes of trying to not get killed by people who actively want to murder you and have no real reason not to try. And even then, it's just as likely to end up being "not gear" for you, that someone else gets from your efforts. Personally I only bother with extractions if it's my final act of the evening, or if I'm 99% sure that there is no other living soul in the DZ with me (which is about half of the time).

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    So looking around and apparently Death is... dead in my world forever and I have to either kill him in another player's world or do it on my alt that I started to get that mask, heh. but I have all 8 keys... so there's that at least.

Guess I'll just do WT4 and worry about that later.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Just got a vest with Mad bomber, and boy howdy is this WT1 difficulty tossing grenades into groups of reds into another grenade fantastic. Especially with the wider areas of the special grenades.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    The other thing that I think gets overlooked with the DZ is that there's now matchmaking for all of it. Unless you really want the tension if playing solo (which you sometimes might!), you don't have to go in there alone. I would say that especially if you're first starting out, going in with a group of 4 can make the whole experience smoother. You'll have (hopefully) more experienced people to help you navigate the landmarks, and as a group, you're a much harder target for the odd rogue griefer. When I'm in a group, we'll extract everything, because no one but a dedicated 4-man PvP squad can challenge you, and you should be set up and waiting for them. I've definitely had a few choppers take off successfully with our loot while we're engaged in a 4v4 battle holding off rogues, and it's honestly one of the most fun, intense moments that this game will produce.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    On that note, I managed to inadvertently complete my first manhunt yesterday, which apparently consists of reaching manhunt status as a rogue and then successfully surviving long enough to reset to SHD status. Not sure if there was a kill requirement to it, but it gave me a sweet golden manhunt keychain to dangle off my bag.

We weren't even trying to PvP as a group. We'd been clearing landmarks before going for a supply drop, when another group came up behind us and very clearly started setting up for ganking position (turrets deployed behind us with no NPCs in sight, defensive drones, etc.). We saw what they were doing, so one of my squad mates said "fuck it" and flipped us rogue before they could finish. We wiped their group, which seemed to irritate them more, because they came after us two more times. Wiping their shitty PK squad three times was apparently enough for manhunt status, but we just went back to clearing landmarks since none of us were really there to grief.

rndmhero on
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    there's always been matchmaking for the Dark Zone...

tastydonuts on
  • Options

Well I don't think it was there at release in d1, but yeah d1 you could matchmake there. But for me since I don't want to be aggro I usually didn't because it seemed when I tried it before I'd get put with the worlds dumbest pvp'rs and get farmed

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Well I don't think it was there at release in d1, but yeah d1 you could matchmake there. But for me since I don't want to be aggro I usually didn't because it seemed when I tried it before I'd get put with the worlds dumbest pvp'rs and get farmed

I've used the match making for the DZ in Division 2 both times were relatively good.
    First round was with some dudes who were mainly running the landmarks. Killed a couple rogues.

Next time round the guys said that if they do seem other players they will go rogue while we did landmarks. Was fine. Moved over to normalized DZ after a bit as one guy wanted to test his pistol build and it was hit or miss. Found a group of guys went rogue on them and we took them down once, then they took us down and it was back and forth for a bit until we caught them at a landmark and they pretty much had already wiped.

I was mainly in the DZ to get hardwired tech and maybe hope for a pestilence to drop. Got my tech, and one of the other guys got a Pestilence.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    RhahRhah Registered User regular
    Spent all weekend wondering why I couldn't change centered off my mask to hard hitting... centered would only allow itself to be replaced by another talent that had a skill req (I am almost positive the one it finally let me replace was red and not a yellow like centered, just as long as there was a requirement). So dumb. FeelsBadMan.

• Options
    Rhah wrote: »
    Spent all weekend wondering why I couldn't change centered off my mask to hard hitting... centered would only allow itself to be replaced by another talent that had a skill req (I am almost positive the one it finally let me replace was red and not a yellow like centered, just as long as there was a requirement). So dumb. FeelsBadMan.

yeah I ran into an annoying recalibration that wouldn't let me remove one armor perk and replace it with a different one. I thought skills to skills was all you needed but apparently there is another sub category within like active skills.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2019

yeah I ran into an annoying recalibration that wouldn't let me remove one armor perk and replace it with a different one. I thought skills to skills was all you needed but apparently there is another sub category within like active skills.

So are you guys encountering a case where if a skill is an offensive, defensive or utility skill it can only swap it out for another one of the same kind? haven't really done cross replacements along those lines, but that kind of makes sense within their framework.

Or is it "Required (any)" to "No Requirements" that you guys are encountering?

tastydonuts on
  • Options

So are you guys encountering a case where if a skill is an offensive, defensive or utility skill it can only swap it out for another one of the same kind? haven't really done cross replacements along those lines, but that kind of makes sense within their framework.

Or is it "Required (any)" to "No Requirements" that you guys are encountering?

Well I was trying to replace like the armor perk that restores armor when your armor is reduced to 0, with berserk which ups your damage as your armor is destroyed, and it wasn't able to be replaced. And I thought both of those being like active skills were swappable, but no they are not compatible. Hell they were both even fenris pieces!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Unbreakable requires no other armor sets, and Berserk requires specific weapons? Maybe they are too different?

Centered is a defense talent and idk what that was replaced with...

The Division 2 encyclopedia google spreadsheet I had linked in the OP now points to an actual page, and so I will update the OP accordingly once I get around to it.

https://shd.technology/encyclopedia/gear/brand-sets/

though I would kind of prefer a less visualized output. give me tables. all the tables.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    To me its just another unexplained thing that basically seems designed around cockblocking me from finishing my set really.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    All I want is a Tatami Cuirass but with some other brand set. :(