As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

STAR WARS: Jedi Survivor and Jedi Fallen Order

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Any word on DLC for the game? It'd be cool is we got some more saber colors there

I'd pay a shitload for
    A white or black blade

Quiet fool you know that EA haunts this place.

Also you can now predownload the game if you prepurchased. Pre PRE PRE THE WORD MEANS NOTHING NOW YOU'RE FREE!!!!!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    You could probably just mod in the colors you like. No need to give EA more things to charge for.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    If there’s DLC for this game, I’m expecting it’ll be more big story packs like Spider-Man than little extras like saber colors.

I’m curious what, if any, sequel plans are on the table. They seem to be leaning pretty hard on Cal as a new character, so they could be planning a series around him ala Kyle Katarn. On the other hand, they could do an anthology series about cool Jedi doing cool shit. I’d be down for it either way.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    We'll probably have to see how this one does before talking about sequels.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Mancingtom wrote: »
    If there’s DLC for this game, I’m expecting it’ll be more big story packs like Spider-Man than little extras like saber colors.

I’m curious what, if any, sequel plans are on the table. They seem to be leaning pretty hard on Cal as a new character, so they could be planning a series around him ala Kyle Katarn. On the other hand, they could do an anthology series about cool Jedi doing cool shit. I’d be down for it either way.

Yeah but, Spider-Man added little extras in the DLC too, in the form of suits

I'm not saying I just want more saber colors as DLC, add that shit as unlockables for beating the DLC

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Aww was all set to fire this up tomorrow, but it looks like it's late late night on Origin for release, and on Steam (where I got it) is still 1 day and 7 hours.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    It's 9PM PST unlock on Origin from what I saw on the pre-load page when I looked.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Indeed, 11PM my time. That's late for me in my advancing years =).

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    So weird that the review embargo is up tomorrow at the time of the unlock.

That normally doesn't bode well for a game but then previews have been really positive for this.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    As has been said before we’re basically at the point where embargo’s aren’t really a factor in terms of the games quality. A lot of companies don’t have an embargo just because they aren’t confident, they just see no reason to risk it, or chose to have a kind of standard approach to all their releases. From their perspective there’s very little to be gained from early reviews and a lot risked

Prohass on
  • Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    Yeah, so they aren't confident in all their releases, still doesn't bode well.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Also one valid reason is that having a standardized date simply means reviewers won't rush as much just to have their review out first.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Lilnoobs wrote: »

There are lots of terrible games with no embargo’s tho, and lots of great ones that have. It really just depends on the game itself. I mean the developer is a good developer, they’ve made good games in the past, this game looks neat and we have a good rough idea of what it is. I’m not saying it’s therefore definitely going to be good, but saying it doesn’t bode well is a bit strong. It bodes neutrally, it’s a neutral bode

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Lilnoobs wrote: »

They who? Disney did the same thing for The Mandalorian.

• Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Yeah, I'm willing to bet this embargo has more to do with Disney avoiding Star Wars spoilers more than anything to do with the actual game.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    The review embargo is because this game, like The Ring, kills you after seven days. If you preorder it you get nine days, so to be safe I preordered.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Yeah it's most likely to do with spoilers.

• Options
    *stares at unlock timer and sighs*

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    *stares at unlock timer and sighs*

Luckily I work till almost 9PM CST today, so I can get home, grab a nap and start to dig in after that, all without needing to make my XboneX take a vacation to New Zealand.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Any word on DLC for the game? It'd be cool is we got some more saber colors there

I'd pay a shitload for
    A white or black blade

Quiet fool you know that EA haunts this place.

Also you can now predownload the game if you prepurchased. Pre PRE PRE THE WORD MEANS NOTHING NOW YOU'RE FREE!!!!!

Wow thanks...now due to this one post, EA is now going with "We heard the customer, they want more DLC. We have changed the game coming out tomorrow to be 99% DLC. After you buy the 60 dollar game, you will be able to enjoy all the content, of the introduction screen, with such amazing gameplay as moving from 'new game' to 'load game'. if you purchase the season pass for another 69.99, level 1, and two will be available to play, and we will throw in the tutorial level for free!"

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm willing to bet this embargo has more to do with Disney avoiding Star Wars spoilers more than anything to do with the actual game.

What star wars spoilers? This show takes place between the prequels and the original trilogy. shouldnt have anything to do with the post-quils. which is the only reason im interested in buying it frankly. im hoping its distanced itself far enough from the shitshow episodes 1-3 and 7-9.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Kyanilis wrote: »

What star wars spoilers? This show takes place between the prequels and the original trilogy. shouldnt have anything to do with the post-quils. which is the only reason im interested in buying it frankly. im hoping its distanced itself far enough from the shitshow episodes 1-3 and 7-9.

Spoilers for the games story.

As they did the exact same thing with the Mandalorian which as far as I know is also before the new series.

They just don't want people getting preemptive spoilers for their Star Wars stories it seems.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Ah fuck.

Speaking of I just got a spoiler I wish I hadn't.

Be careful out there.

• Options
    That sucks =(.
    Did it at least sound cool? I'm hoping for a good story.

• Options
    That sucks =(.
    Did it at least sound cool? I'm hoping for a good story.

It was a gameplay thing that was indeed super cool. But the kinda thing that would have been more cool to not know.

• Options
    Ah, bummer...I totally understand. I'm trying to go in super fresh, as well.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    If anyone is unlocking this early on PC and not getting it to unlock with their VPN of choice, try TunnelBear. I was using TorGuard (paid) and it was not working for me at all, despite showing the PLAY icon. With TB it just worked.

Game so far looks fantastic at 1440P. 4K is possible but might have to turn down some settings (5700 XT).

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    ED! wrote: »
    If anyone is unlocking this early on PC and not getting it to unlock with their VPN of choice, try TunnelBear. I was using TorGuard (paid) and it was not working for me at all, despite showing the PLAY icon. With TB it just worked.

Guess Steam has a global unlock time. Oh well, no rush.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Yeah I forgot to mention this is with Origin Premier.

EDIT: Speaking of Origin, do NOT read the blurb on this game. They spoil something that is not immediately obvious.

ED! on
  • Options
    ED! wrote: »
    Yeah I forgot to mention this is with Origin Premier.

EDIT: Speaking of Origin, do NOT read the blurb on this game. They spoil something that is not immediately obvious.

Yeesh. Nothing is safe!

• Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    I haven't even seen a screenshot of this game yet. The cover art is the only thing I've seen, and I know it's by the Titanfall 2 devs. I am so excited.

• Options
    The intro tutorial is probably the most high octane intro to a game ever.

• Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    I’m excited that my son gets to play a new Star Wars game! We’re definitely going to play this thing all weekend. I feel like he’s finally going to have a similar experience to what I had as a kid playing Shadows of the Empire and Dark Forces 2.

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    I am getting wrecked by this mini-boss. Definitely recommend Jedi Master or Grand Master for Soulslike veterans but it's taking some getting used to for these timings.

Parrying multiple blaster shots in a row though. . .just wonderful.

• Options
    ED!

How does the gameplay feel so far?

• Options
    ED!

How does the gameplay feel so far?

Gameplay is definitely the mix of Souls and Metroid that previews showed it was. The combat can feel a bit floaty relative to Soulslikes, but I think it works for a Jedis. . .they aren't slow and ponderous so it should be a bit twitch. It honestly feels "fast" like BB or Sekiro; maybe twitchy is the right word.

The evasion skills are going to take some getting used to, especially actively using block (versus just evading like in Souls). Cal doesn't have a particularly quick dodge or long roll so I'm guessing the game wants you to block if you're in a particularly sticky situation, which will take some getting used to.

I am surprised at the lightsaber parts:
    don't have any bonuses attached to them; yet. It seems odd to have something be purely cosmetic that you can't actually see. Maybe that will change.

Other than that, I'm enjoying the game. Definitely solid 8-9/10. This is without including the story or acting which is top notch. The Second Sister gives me a cocky Kylo Ren vibe without the crybabyness.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Just finished the tutorial. Seems pretty excellent so far. Excited to play more tonight.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Oh man that all sounds great. Gonna be a long day at work tomorrow!

Thanks for the thoughts ED!

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    How is everyone playing already?! =p
    Must.Go.Hoooooome.

• Options
    How is everyone playing already?! =p
    Must.Go.Hoooooome.

A quick trip to New Zealand.