Options

STAR WARS: Jedi Survivor and Jedi Fallen Order

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    Prohass wrote: »
    Haha oh man, some of the higher level force stuff is hilarious. Being able to force grab two heavy gunners, then make them shoot their guns at remaining guys like you’re dual wielding human beings, I cracked up

I don't care what anyone says that isn't a Light side use of the Force!

Cal you are being very naughty!
    I mean, canonically he is I think dabbling in the Dark Side after his slowdown power got unavoidably upgraded. Once you start down that path, etc.
    So it's totally justified to torture stormtroopers.
    It ain't locked behind that upgrade though.
    It's also tied to the mind trick tree which is.

Woah boy.
    I think Cere can do it.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    Haha oh man, some of the higher level force stuff is hilarious. Being able to force grab two heavy gunners, then make them shoot their guns at remaining guys like you’re dual wielding human beings, I cracked up

I don't care what anyone says that isn't a Light side use of the Force!

Cal you are being very naughty!

Most Jedi fighting is turning the opponent's attack back against them, no?

I submit that double-fisting stormtroopers is the height of the light side. Just like Kyle Katarn blowing whole hangars into space.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited June 2023
    If we want to get into lore, Star Wars has clearly marked taking someone’s mind over to the point that they are your puppet is Dark Side as all hell. Rebels season 3.

But like… it’s a video game and I want to make a stormtrooper light his own friends on fire.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm just joking.

My girlfriend looks very worried when I describe why I like Jedi games.

"But, that's awful? They're murdering hundreds of people effortlessly isn't that really bad?"

I have no answer to this, as I murder gleefully and call myself a good guy.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    If we want to get into lore, Star Wars has clearly marked taking someone’s mind over to the point that they are your puppet is Dark Side as all hell. Rebels season 3.

But like… it’s a video game and I want to make a stormtrooper light his own friends on fire.

Is Cal mind-controlling them to fire or using the Force to pull the trigger?
    Yeah I'm just joking.

"But, that's awful? They're murdering hundreds of people effortlessly isn't that really bad?"

"Murdering" is making a lot of assumptions about Star Wars, but it's interesting to consider the idea that effort impacts morality. Is it less immoral to beat someone to death with your bands than using a gun? Maybe that's why Jedi normally stick with swords instead of telekinetically snapping spines.

• Options
    JOE_1967JOE_1967 Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm just joking.

72702a22-8421-4c43-8f54-fc21a4877796_text.gif

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited June 2023
    Mancingtom wrote: »

Is Cal mind-controlling them to fire or using the Force to pull the trigger?

That’s a good question. I’m not sure.I interpreted it as him making them fire on their friends using mind control but maybe he’s just telekinetically pulling the trigger.

GoodKingJayIII on
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    "The Force is for knowledge and defense, never for attack." makes this all kinda academic!

Part of the reason Palps was able to wipe out the Jedi was involving them in the clone wars as actual generals and commanders of war deeply compromised them.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    I admit I'm not entirely sure how closely I'm adhering to the Jedi code when I'm constantly mind-tricking the flamethrower guys, or using the Force to knock everybody off of high ledges, but what are you going to do?

I do kind of wish that
    the Dark Side stuff wasn't entirely scripted, and/or that there were consequences for using the Dark Side more than the absolute minimum the game requires of you. Can you even get through those particular moments without clicking in the joysticks to succumb to the Power of the Dark Side?

• Options
    JOE_1967 wrote: »
    I admit I'm not entirely sure how closely I'm adhering to the Jedi code when I'm constantly mind-tricking the flamethrower guys, or using the Force to knock everybody off of high ledges, but what are you going to do?

I do kind of wish that
    the Dark Side stuff wasn't entirely scripted, and/or that there were consequences for using the Dark Side more than the absolute minimum the game requires of you. Can you even get through those particular moments without clicking in the joysticks to succumb to the Power of the Dark Side?

End game spoiler
    When Bode is beating the shit out of you with his bare fists, as you fall into unconsciousness and are prompted with giving into the dark side, I just let it play out. I wanted to see what happened. And of course you get the game over screen.

I admit I was somewhat disappointed, but this game is also Cal’s story, and not mine. So while it’s not the choice I wanted to make, I understand the reasoning and am on board for the narrative. It’s not really one of those branching story games, and it doesn’t pretend to be. I respect that.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    The seriousness of murder in the Star Wars universe varies a lot because the value of life was... very... very... liquid. In word yeah, life was important, etc but in action... basically the moment you step outside of the law or operate within the sphere of violence (a guard, a thief, etc.) you're pretty much fair game. Imperial ships (and one can assume Rebel ships) were crewed by thousands to tens of thousands of people, plus ground support/etc. Blown away without so much as a single thought.

Aside from killing, slavery was widely practiced throughout the galaxy, even though it was technically illegal under the Republic, iirc (droid rights/sentience being a separate thing). Natch the Empire was okay with slavery. But yeah... only killing the wrong person(s) would get you in trouble in Star Wars.

Let's not forget:

Cal: "I can't believe the Raiders killed these innocent droids, they'll pay for this!"

Also Cal: *chases down and kills scavenger droids for the crime of holding onto a collectible that he was supposed to find*. (This is okay, because technically a scavenger droid is a thief, obv!).

I like how they make some of the droids scream "No!" or "Stop!"... imagine this game with that physics feature that made the Imperials grab and flail about like they did in Force Unleashed.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Oh, now that I'm thinking of it: That little droid that you occasionally see on Koboh, who just kind of squeals and scuttles away -- does something happen if you actually mess with it?

• Options
    Oh, now that I'm thinking of it: That little droid that you occasionally see on Koboh, who just kind of squeals and scuttles away -- does something happen if you actually mess with it?

They have something that belongs to you!

• Options

They have something that belongs to you!

Time for some post-game! (Not sure how a droid can be carrying my tightly-curled mustachios, but I'll allow it.)

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Ok I thought you could only get chests on the map, but on the desert planet I did the three temples thing and it reveals basically everything except scanable lore? Awesome.I mean you need most of the abilities to do those temples so they save it till late in the game, but still I appreciate that so much

• Options
    Interesting -- the only one I have so far is scannable lore (which is still a pain in the ass because you have to pixel-hunt to find EXACTLY the right place to stand while facing EXACTLY the right direction to trigger the prompt).

• Options
    I believe there's one for every type of collectible (Relics, Chests, Lore, etc.)

Though on my run I got the one that shows relics from the three temples thing on Jedah?

• Options
    edited June 2023
    GoodKingJayIII on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Rick is the hardest boss.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    (Rick is in the second tweet of that tweet storm I linked)

• Options
    edited June 2023
    Did not expect that hair choice, I have to imagine it’s heavily influenced by how hard each customisation piece is to find.

I’ve got the kind of spiked at the front short on the sides one, commander outfit, and assembly lightsaber

Also I’m unable to change the lightsabers colour to anything but blue because it feels heretical and I’m a basic bitch

Prohass on
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    In the same way that stats for trophies tend to say something like 60% of players get the first story trophy (so completed the prologue), I wonder if Single was the most popular lightsaber stance because a lot of those players literally never got to the other stances.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Yeah I switch them up just for variety but I could see most players just staying with the first two stances and barely changing

• Options
    Yeah, I feel like the stances are more “this is how far people made it into the game” than their actual popularity.

Because Blaster is Bae.

• Options
    Did not expect that hair choice, I have to imagine it’s heavily influenced by how hard each customisation piece is to find.

I’ve got the kind of spiked at the front short on the sides one, commander outfit, and assembly lightsaber

Also I’m unable to change the lightsabers colour to anything but blue because it feels heretical and I’m a basic bitch

I went with a bunch of different hairstyles throughout, for a while I was using the crew cut (looks clean, practical) but with the big bushy beard. But I mean, what beats handlebar mustache and long hair for that peak 70s look?

Blue is my favorite lightsaber color as well (sorry not sorry), though I also used indigo and purple a lot.

I was personally very surprised to see single saber topping the charts, but having used it a lot more in the late game, it's legitimately quite good. I just figured there are an awful lot of us Maul fans out there, and you know... spin to win.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Green is always the best saber color sorry everyone

• Options
    edited June 2023
    Fuck I hate the rancors 4 hit attack, i feel like once you get hit once it’s impossible to get out of the way or heal even with all the upgrades and the healing perk that stuns. You’re getting story difficultied you annoying piece of shit

Prohass on
  • Options
    Green is always the best saber color sorry everyone

I used green as well! But then towards the end of the game...
    I had to change to orange, which apparently with the High Republic show is the ambiguous "Am I Dank Side?" color of Star Wars

• Options
    Yellow.
    Always.

I swap everything else about Cal every now and then while collecting for a fresh look.

• Options
    I’ve got a weird new bug where random textures rhat Cal is standing in sometimes transfer to him so he’s like entirely rock or grass textured, ultimate jedi camouflage technique perhaps

• Options
    edited June 2023
    There’s a treasure in the devastated settlement region I can’t seem to get. It’s behind what the map says is an open path, that I’ve cleared all the crystals off. But I can’t get through the pile of rocks, can’t be moved with force or anything either. Is this something I come back to after a certain point or is it glitched?

Prohass on
  • Options
    Also since I'm ALWAYS Yellow imagine how I felt when I first saw
    Dagan Gerras lightsaber and then the fucker PERSONALLY BETRAYED ME.

• Options
    edited June 2023
    There’s a treasure in the devastated settlement region I can’t seem to get. It’s behind what the map says is an open path, that I’ve cleared all the crystals off. But I can’t get through the pile of rocks, can’t be moved with force or anything either. Is this something I come back to after a certain point or is it glitched?

This is difficult to say without knowing how far you are through the game, but you keep getting powers ALLLLLL the way to the end. It's only right at the final mission that you can relax and go "I have everything, time to explore everything with no restrictions"

Look at the 3d map. If you can't get to it, some part of the environment leading to it will be marked red. If you hover over the red, it will tell you why. Either locked or puzzle. If puzzle, you got some headscratching to do. If locked, you need to come back later.

If there's none of that, you can get it. You just need to work out how. Sometimes the map will have a friendly little icon that gives you a hint. For example if you have to use wall runs and air dashes you might get a little circle with an arrow through it mid air.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    It’s marked green on the map but I just can’t see a way through it, either the debris was meant to clear and didn’t, or I’m missing something. I’ll come back to it at the end of the game either way, I just didn’t want to google it or anything in case of spoilers

• Options
    edited June 2023
    Some areas only open up when certain side missions become available later in the game as well. I think I even know exactly what one it might be as well.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    Man fuck this (late game spoiler)
    fuckinf vader fight. All my muscle memory is a full upgraded cal. Also keep the damn lock on between cutscenes during a battle please games
    Keep dying and having to do the whole thing over and over reduces the flow of the narrative and I don’t want to lower difficulty quite yet so I’m getting annoyed

• Options
    edited June 2023
    Man fuck this (late game spoiler)
    fuckinf vader fight. All my muscle memory is a full upgraded cal. Also keep the damn lock on between cutscenes during a battle please games
    Keep dying and having to do the whole thing over and over reduces the flow of the narrative and I don’t want to lower difficulty quite yet so I’m getting annoyed

Small tip.
    Cere's parry window is actually absolutely mindbogglingly fucking massive, even on the highest difficulty.

Like, press nowhere near the right timing and she still parries.

So don't focus at ALL on trying to parry. Just focus on trying to block and dodge, she will parry on her own.

But yes I had the same problem in the fight it's really fucking bad. I was just glad it was over.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    That’s it got to the very end of the fight and died, welcoming to story mode you bitch

My main issue is stuff being thrown at you, I don’t know if you can block it or have to dodge it or what

Prohass on
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    I’m really trying to beat ir without changing the difficulty but between random frontal overhead attacks that I do rhat fuck me up and just one mistake costing a loss im losing patience

Gah rhe ducking debris toss, I assume you have to counter push it with force or something? I don’t think I have the mental dexterity to switch to that trigger in time

Prohass on
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Spoiler re above post.
    The big one you can just run sideways/dodge it. It came out so fast on grandmaster it was literally impossible to charged Force push it.

Morninglord on