Options

STAR WARS: Jedi Survivor and Jedi Fallen Order

• Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    My biggest problem with the traversal challenges was once or twice I had no bloody idea where they wanted me to go next. E.g. being on a zipline and both ends of it looking kinda identical, I had to die on purpose a few times, every time frantically spinning the camera until I saw something that looked reachable. Other than that I think they were fine, they don't require perfect timing or positioning, sometimes even letting you reset at specific sections as often as you want, but yeah, not seeing where you should go next is certainly what you get when you build a random assortment of platforms in literal empty space

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    I actually wished the zip line one was longer cos just after I got used to it and was feeling good it ended.

Everyone else hated it and I felt like I got blue balled.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    You’re a sick man. I just wish they felt a little less “challenge mode”y, I’m never a fan of that conceit in games.

Also I saw that people were saying there’s a missable achievement but it’s spoilery to try and explain it? I guess I’ll just have to do a quick second playthrough to get whatever it is if I miss it

• Options
    I actually wished the zip line one was longer cos just after I got used to it and was feeling good it ended.

I wonder if they're going to release additional challenges like they did for Fallen Order? Considering that one had some legit *insane* win conditions like "beat 12 waves of enemies without healing and / or getting hit", I wouldn't be surprised if they came up with some ruthless traversal challenges for Jedi Survivor

steam_sig.png

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular

I wonder if they're going to release additional challenges like they did for Fallen Order? Considering that one had some legit *insane* win conditions like "beat 12 waves of enemies without healing and / or getting hit", I wouldn't be surprised if they came up with some ruthless traversal challenges for Jedi Survivor

That would be pretty sick I hope they do.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

That would be pretty sick I hope they do.

As long as they dont tie them to achievements, I think that’s cool. Not a fan of challenge rooms, esp. post story/progression ones.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    I have always liked this system because I like needing to get better at parts of a game, and don't really consider the parts I've already passed to be a kind of checklist where once I've passed them that's it, they're gone forever. I actively like needing to find and unlock new bonfires, and greatly enjoy the discovery of shortcuts. I like the feeling that I've worked at it. I like repetition of content I've already gone through. I actively enjoy this design. I think it works really well to give a real feeling of consequences, and to apply some pressure on you, and I really like that feeling, because passing it feels good, and I don't think the negative outweighs the feeling I get from success.

It's just a preference that clearly just straight up doesn't work for you. You want it to be gone forever. Tick off the checklist, area complete. And I mean that's fine! That's totally fine.

But that's not everyone. And the people who made this game, they wanted it the other way.

There's no right answer here, there's just it worked for this type of player, and it doesn't work for the other type of player. It's the kind of thing game designers always have to think about.

I just wish there was a quick save mechanic. I have 2 small kids, plus when the game first launched it was crashing all the time, sometimes I just can't get to a bonfire

Once you have unlocked it, the moment you are out of any combat you can simply fast travel to anywhere you have rested. This doesn't help during some story sequences that lock you out of being able to save though - but in a lot of those cases there are pretty generous checkpoints.

wait i'm sorry, what? You can fast travel to a bonfire without being at a bonfire?

Yep. It's what saved my sanity getting the platinum.

ok there is no way this is true. i tried last night and I can't see any way to fast travel to a bonfire point without being at a different bonfire first. How do you do it?

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    I have always liked this system because I like needing to get better at parts of a game, and don't really consider the parts I've already passed to be a kind of checklist where once I've passed them that's it, they're gone forever. I actively like needing to find and unlock new bonfires, and greatly enjoy the discovery of shortcuts. I like the feeling that I've worked at it. I like repetition of content I've already gone through. I actively enjoy this design. I think it works really well to give a real feeling of consequences, and to apply some pressure on you, and I really like that feeling, because passing it feels good, and I don't think the negative outweighs the feeling I get from success.

It's just a preference that clearly just straight up doesn't work for you. You want it to be gone forever. Tick off the checklist, area complete. And I mean that's fine! That's totally fine.

But that's not everyone. And the people who made this game, they wanted it the other way.

There's no right answer here, there's just it worked for this type of player, and it doesn't work for the other type of player. It's the kind of thing game designers always have to think about.

I just wish there was a quick save mechanic. I have 2 small kids, plus when the game first launched it was crashing all the time, sometimes I just can't get to a bonfire

Once you have unlocked it, the moment you are out of any combat you can simply fast travel to anywhere you have rested. This doesn't help during some story sequences that lock you out of being able to save though - but in a lot of those cases there are pretty generous checkpoints.

wait i'm sorry, what? You can fast travel to a bonfire without being at a bonfire?

Yep. It's what saved my sanity getting the platinum.

ok there is no way this is true. i tried last night and I can't see any way to fast travel to a bonfire point without being at a different bonfire first. How do you do it?

He mentioned it wasn't doing it as of the last patch a few posts later. So maybe it was a beneficial bug?

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Pretty sure it was a bug, yeah.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Yep I was able to bug the game and get fast travel anywhere.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Ok so the fracture with two super strong Rancors? Any tips or recommendations on when to do this? Also I hate that it loads out of it and you have to load back in. Just give me a retry or quit option with these things

Also is there a way to do fractures from like a central hub or anything? That would be handy rather than having to travel back to each one you didn’t do

Prohass on
  • Options
    Just story mode it, unless they fixed the grabs completely bugging out.

• Options
    edited May 2023
    Prohass wrote: »
    Ok so the fracture with two super strong Rancors? Any tips or recommendations on when to do this? Also I hate that it loads out of it and you have to load back in. Just give me a retry or quit option with these things

Also is there a way to do fractures from like a central hub or anything? That would be handy rather than having to travel back to each one you didn’t do

That's very very VERY much an "End game have most skills" Fracture, period. If you aren't there, walk away now.

If you actually want to beat it on whatever difficulty you are on (which knowing how you think about things I also would not suggest, just put it on story), then blaster is a good way to do strong damage to them at range. You want to focus on one of them, and move clockwise or anticlockwise around the arena waiting for them to whiff their grab, which you will dodge away from in the direction you are circling, then immediately attention switch to the other one after dodging. If you have the distance and time, hit the one you just dodged a couple of times, then back the hell away and keep circling.
    By circling like this you keep both in view, so they don't overlap. Don't fight one if the other is right next to it, that's asking to get grabbed.
    If you manage to kill one of them, while you are doing the qte finisher, you can swap your target lock to the other one and always keep it in view. This will prevent the camera from following your qte and allow you to keep a beady eye on it right to the end, which is pretty damn important cos it might try to grab you.
    For this strategy you need at the minimum the charged blaster pistol level 2, some points in getting ammo back faster, and Howling Push. Why Howling Push? Cos it lets you briefly stun them then jump up and smack it on the nose to get more ammo back.
    Then you can shoot them more.

Here is a video of me doing all this on Grandmaster. THIS HAS ENDGAME STORY RELATED POWER SPOILERS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_iEAEjlpGc

But seriously, just put it on story, you aren't a crazy person.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    It would be legit fun if they fix the grabs bugging out and being able to snag you anywhere no matter what you are doing.

• Options
    edited May 2023
    It would be legit fun if they fix the grabs bugging out and being able to snag you anywhere no matter what you are doing.

That's a weird bug but I never had it.

What I DID have was engaging slow time and the Rancor decides he is going to go into super fast speed.

And he did it with a grab.

I saw about 5 frames of the grab animation total.

So yeah I got afraid of using Slow on Rancors. That's why in the video above I am super incredible holy shit cautious, and still only try to do basic whiff punishing or I just stunned him hits. I was also testing if some of my Force moves would damage him as well.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    I came to a realization that honestly might change my rating of this game from 8.5/10 to 1/10
    There is no "Cantina Band" song available for your cutom DJ in Pyloon's Saloon

Unacceptable

steam_sig.png

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

I single saber'd it on Master, no guns. Key is to keep them both in front of you at all times. Only attack when they've both attacked recently. Only attack the one closest to you. Do not overcommit, one or two swings is all you're gonna get. Jump dash can get out of lots of trouble, but the single arm slam and grab will catch you midair so be careful. Dodge into the grab. Block swipes. Be patient, only attack when it's safe.

• Options
    so I have a fun bug where I can't do any bounties because the bounty board will never appear. :\

spoilers for about uhh 2/3rds of the way through I guess but I'm kinda pissed:
    so I just got to the Bode reveal/turn? That is just so fucking boring! And it's so played out, I was shocked at how far into the game we got and he wasn't a villain and I was so happy that they didn't succumb to making him turn and be a villain. Just beat who I thought was the big bad, was looking forward to wrapping up the game. and low and behold I was right the whole time. Come the fuck on, this happens constantly in media, we don't need it! Really deflated my sails just now.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

I have no idea whether or not it was a bug but I was constantly (end game boss)
    Getting grabbed by Bode when I was like, in the air directly above him, dashing away from him, or doing some other thing that really felt like it should have been out of his reach.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

Getting grabbed by Bode when I was like, in the air directly above him, dashing away from him, or doing some other thing that really felt like it should have been out of his reach.

Yeah I have no idea how you're supposed to avoid that one. It hit me every time and I just tanked it and healed. It felt like it didn't matter what I did or where I was or what direction I was moving or how I timed it.

• Options

Yeah I have no idea how you're supposed to avoid that one. It hit me every time and I just tanked it and healed. It felt like it didn't matter what I did or where I was or what direction I was moving or how I timed it.

I double jumped and dashed away at max height and it whiffed every time under me. 100% consistent unless I didnt jump high enough, then it consistently got me.

It aint like, jump and it autowhiffs at any height or anything. You gotta clear it.

What did happen was
    The first time he tries to grab is after he first grabs mirrin and that kept bugging out and skipping most of the startup so hed just grab her than zoom hes next to me.

Nothing personnel kid.

• Options

I double jumped and dashed away at max height and it whiffed every time under me. 100% consistent unless I didnt jump high enough, then it consistently got me.

It aint like, jump and it autowhiffs at any height or anything. You gotta clear it.

What did happen was
    The first time he tries to grab is after he first grabs mirrin and that kept bugging out and skipping most of the startup so hed just grab her than zoom hes next to me.

Nothing personnel kid.

Can confirm that this exact strategy worked for me. For grabs in this game it's either double jump (+dash) or dash / double dash, you kind of have to try once or twice to see which one of the two works.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited May 2023
    There are actually a lot of attacks you can jump.

If you cant dodge something no matter what try it.

You can block mid air it isnt that risky.

Morninglord on
  • Options

What did happen was

Nothing personnel kid.

This is what I was doing and it still happened.

• Options
    edited May 2023
    I mean I haven't seen anyone else talk about my instant attacks bugs so I dunno.

Games fucky.

That's what you are meant to do. It can catch you on the way down too, you have to actually be AT max height as it gets to you. None of this going up or coming down. You can use air dash to extend your current height.

If that doesn't work for you, you are bugged, because it was extremely consistent for me and I fought that boss like 30 times on grandmaster cos its grandmaster. That grab did about 80% health. I would not have beat them if I couldn't consistently avoid it.

Morninglord on
  • Options

What did happen was

Nothing personnel kid.

I have jumped over and been behind some enemies with grab attacks and then grab me with their *frontal* attack while I am *behind* them.

Again, this is why story mode exists.

• Options
    Is there any main story content in
    Fort Kah'lin? Typing up the lose ends before I go to finish the story.

And are bounties locked behind completing the campaign? I thought at least setting up the approach to Tanalorr would have shook more lose but no dice. Same with the remaining legendary creatures. Don't need to know where they are, just if they are post-story.

• Options
    edited May 2023

And are bounties locked behind completing the campaign? I thought at least setting up the approach to Tanalorr would have shook more lose but no dice. Same with the remaining legendary creatures. Don't need to know where they are, just if they are post-story.

Bounties reach a point where I think they won't tell you where they are, you just have to run into them exploring and then it will give you the next lot. I had several times where I had to find those hidden away bounties before I would get the next "This is where this loser is, go kill him" bounty. Given that I was going for 100% in most areas as I continued on that wasn't too hard to do, but if you aren't doing that it would be easy to miss one and block your progression.

Unless there is just a bug.

Aegeri on
  • Options

Bounties reach a point where I think they won't tell you where they are, you just have to run into them exploring and then it will give you the next lot. I had several times where I had to find those hidden away bounties before I would get the next "This is where this loser is, go kill him" bounty. Given that I was going for 100% in most areas as I continued on that wasn't too hard to do, but if you aren't doing that it would be easy to miss one and block your progression.

Unless there is just a bug.

I got the other planets to 100% and collected everything on them already.

I see. Other than the spot in the spoiler and the last planet, everything is 100%. Koboh is 96.5%. If it's a case of hidden, unlisted bounties I'd think I would have got them since I did a cleanup pass once I got all the abilities to knock em out (it's at 11/16)? IDK. I guess I might just have to guide them because running through all the planets just feels like a waste of time.

• Options
    edited May 2023
    One of the issues is that bounty can spawn in an area you've already cleared. I'm pretty sure they do not contribute to the % completion of an area. They will just be in X or Y place after a while, for you to run into and then once you kill certain people you will then be directed at certain others. I had this experience where I ran through an area, did some stuff and then after talking to the lady at the bar she told me to go back to the area I had JUST gone through to murder a dude. Then she stopped talking to me and while I was doing something else I ran into another bounty that had reappeared in an earlier area etc.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    One thing that bugs me about the game is that enemy bodies stay (until you reset them), which is good, thumbs up. But boss bodies don’t. It’s super anticlimactic after a big boss battle to come out of the cutscene to an empty room

• Options
    Going on a collectathon and man they hid stuff in every nook and cranny if I didn't have all these map markers I'd be in real trouble!

• Options
    Overall I haven’t noticed too many issues playing on quality mode, but god damn that cantina going in and out, the poor unreal 4 engine cannot handle that shit, the texture pop in is insane, and the doors going in and out are 90% of the time just placeholder textures

• Options

What did happen was

Nothing personnel kid.

I have jumped over and been behind some enemies with grab attacks and then grab me with their *frontal* attack while I am *behind* them.

Again, this is why story mode exists.

I think the combat is pretty fun but as someone who has 400 hours in Elden Ring, it’s very obvious how loose and unpolished it is compared to a Souls-like.

Which this gets compared to a lot, but isn’t really.

To me it feels closer to Sony’s Spider-man games. And combat in those is tight, fluid and fast, more forgiving than some of these “harder” games, but still precise enough that when I fuck up I think “well, that’s on me.”

JFO and Survivor is like… 85% of the way to that. I enjoyed it on JM, and I’m going to play it again on JGM. But sometimes you can really feel that other 15%.

• Options
    Yeah it's very sloppy, and it's what I'm talking about when I'm talking about a lack of polish. These are things a final polish run allows you to tighten up. Both games were booted out the door.

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    I'm really upset I was enjoying this game but it crashes without fail now within 10 mins since last "update". I had over 25 hours and now I can't even get in 25 mins... hopefully it's getting worked on, I've tried RT off and VSync on and off as well.

• Options
    so I have a fun bug where I can't do any bounties because the bounty board will never appear. :\

spoilers for about uhh 2/3rds of the way through I guess but I'm kinda pissed:
    so I just got to the Bode reveal/turn? That is just so fucking boring! And it's so played out, I was shocked at how far into the game we got and he wasn't a villain and I was so happy that they didn't succumb to making him turn and be a villain. Just beat who I thought was the big bad, was looking forward to wrapping up the game. and low and behold I was right the whole time. Come the fuck on, this happens constantly in media, we don't need it! Really deflated my sails just now.

and now beated, took me about 40 hours to have things almost complete. Don't think i have it in me to go around koboh and gather the last few remaining drops even though I can see them on the map.

good game, I'm not as mad at what I put in the spoiler above now although i still don't love it.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Haha oh man, some of the higher level force stuff is hilarious. Being able to force grab two heavy gunners, then make them shoot their guns at remaining guys like you’re dual wielding human beings, I cracked up

• Options
    edited June 2023
    Haha oh man, some of the higher level force stuff is hilarious. Being able to force grab two heavy gunners, then make them shoot their guns at remaining guys like you’re dual wielding human beings, I cracked up

I don't care what anyone says that isn't a Light side use of the Force!

Cal you are being very naughty!

Morninglord on
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular

I don't care what anyone says that isn't a Light side use of the Force!

Cal you are being very naughty!
    I mean, canonically he is I think dabbling in the Dark Side after his slowdown power got unavoidably upgraded. Once you start down that path, etc.
    So it's totally justified to torture stormtroopers.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.