Options

Marvel! FINE I'LL CHANGE THE TITLE NEW STUFF BLADE IS BACK

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    JJ season 3 had already been mostly filmed as the others were being canceled

And it's already been advertised as the final season. I hope that it has a good resolution to the series.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    I thought punisher 2 was the last one?

EDIT: oh, I guess that came out already. Shows how much of an impact they had

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Oh hey, Abomination is being brought back in Immortal Hulk, lets see w-
    2w6984tuo5u1.jpg
    GAH OKAY

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Holy shit.

HEAD FINGERS.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Too real.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    The Hard Times is probably the best parody newsite on the internet

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    The Onion used to be, but then reality stole all their material.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Hey remember how the Marvel Comics #1000 thing was a shameless cash grab riding DC's coat-tails?

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    That's gotta be the artist poking fun at Marvel. They also included the infamous coffee Mary Jane drawing.

• Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    That was me! Thank you for the review, Dizzy D.

Sounds interesting enough for me to check it out in trade, I think. I'm already flushing enough money down the weekly toilet that I can probably wait until this is collected.

Update on Fairlady, I liked issue #2 a lot more than issue #1 (probably should have been the first issue).

Issue 2: Jenner is hired to investigate the death of a Fairman by his widow. According to the constables, the Fairman was killed by a dragon (suspicious as nobody has seen dragons in this area since the war.)

I think this issue was far better in establishing the character of Jenner than issue #1 where she was silent for most of the issue and also establishes the attitudes of the other Fairmen towards her (most of them are a rather sexist bunch that think it's not a woman's job. So we know that she is mostly an outsider in a close community, but still ). The mystery is straightforward and when solved makes complete sense, so that's always a plus for detective stories. Jenner is smart and resourceful and not above telling a big stinking lie to somebody to misdirect them (another plus in detective stories).

Downside: Oanu is still a complete cipher and probably only there so Jenner can explain her detectiving (I know that's not a word.) to somebody without abusing inner monologues. (But then she does have a bit where she does so in inner monologue.)

Art: Story has few fantastical elements this time, so less opportunities for the artist to show off, but is still good and the story this time has a lot more show instead of tell (a big problem in the first issue where the narration was accompanied by pictures of Jenner reading a diary in silence or having inner monologues while staring into her drink).

TLDR: big improvement over the first. Hope they keep this trend or otherwise keep this level and I'm satisfied with this series.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    2w6984tuo5u1.jpg
    GAH OKAY

Not sure how I feel about this reimagining of Two-Face.

• Options
    WotR #6's cover got revealed, looks like Aaron is serious about this starting the final stages of his Thor run
    rikxdihb2299.jpg
    Bringing back all 3 Thors from the God of Thunder days

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    2w6984tuo5u1.jpg
    GAH OKAY
    AAAAH IT IS EVEN WORSE THAN IT LOOKED:
    7w0vu87qi8ma.jpg
    vbivwmwasm6r.jpg

IT IS RICK JONES, UNWILLINGLY BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Hulk spoilers
    Boy it sure seems like banner was going to call the current hulk Maestro

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I guess they decided that "Abomination" was a name they had to aspire to, huh

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Hulk spoilers
    Boy it sure seems like banner was going to call the current hulk Maestro
    I think he was saying that would be the one thing worse than calling himself the Devil Hulk

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Zdarsky appears to have completely changed the Daredevil status quo and judging from his comments, it is gonna stay changed for a while
    Matt isn't Daredevil anymore.

After his come to Jesus moment with Spider-Man last issue, he hung up the tights.

He also isn't practicing law anymore. He has a new career, as a parole officer. However, he isn't doing it to catch people slipping up or throw them back in jail. He acknowledges the current justice system is broken and that it is designed to create repeat offenders or ruin people's lives for mistakes. But it is the system and they have to work within it. So he does everything he can to try and keep his parolees out of jail. If he can tell they are lying about being clean, he will try to get them rehab. If they can't find work, he has built up a lifetime of connections to call on. Etc.

And, most of all, Matt Murdock is happy.

Zdarsky has said that his run is a "different kind of Daredevil story" and that he is going to be sticking to his guns on it which is

Extremely refreshing

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i am starting to think chip zdarsky lied to me when he said it was gonna be all about that time daredevil beat up ultron with a stick

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    i am starting to think chip zdarsky lied to me when he said it was gonna be all about that time daredevil beat up ultron with a stick

I trust him to close that gap

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Zdarsky has been writing out of his mind the past couple of years

Soule's run left some very big shoes to fill, but the highlight so far has been
    the complete and total mental breakdown of the kingpin over someone besides him ending Daredevil

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    I think we're all familiar with Marvel's Avengers already. There's Captain Oldguy, The Metal Man, Lady Killspeople, Viking Boy, and The Incredible Hulk

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I think we're all familiar with Marvel's Avengers already. There's Captain Oldguy, The Metal Man, Lady Killspeople, Viking Boy, and The Incredible Hulk
    You forgot about Sad ArrowDad

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited May 2019

(Endgame)
    Nah, I hear he's a racist murderer now

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Nah, I hear he's a racist murderer now

but he is sad about it

gotta give him that

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Jeremy Renner in

The Saddest Racist

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    also whos viking boy

do you mean comical fat depressed man?

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Wait what? Did Jeremy Renner do something? Or did Hawkeye?

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Are we just spoiling Endgame now?

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    In Endgame which folks should still use spoilers for
    Clint goes on a Punisher rampage after his family dies

Folks call it racist because he kills some Japanese gangsters and is mentioned going through Mexico as well but he doesn't actually do anything racist in the movie and they say he has been cutting a swathe through the entire world so it ain't really accurate

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Jeremy Renner in

The Saddest Racist

Written & Directed by Clint Eastwood.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Ah geez I'm sorry y'all just completely slipped my mind

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Absolute Carnage preview:
    2ssy6bzrpr31.jpg
    2s9ewv1v4brp.jpg
    flaax6nn1ncw.jpg
    olnhhfebw0fa.jpg
    mlhrwh60gntm.jpg

I am bummed the Brock as Carnage thing was a fakeout because I really liked that hook, but I'm still real interested in where Cates goes with this

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Absolute Carnage preview:
    2ssy6bzrpr31.jpg
    2s9ewv1v4brp.jpg
    flaax6nn1ncw.jpg
    olnhhfebw0fa.jpg
    mlhrwh60gntm.jpg

I am bummed the Brock as Carnage thing was a fakeout because I really liked that hook, but I'm still real interested in where Cates goes with this

boooooo

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Is Moneta not Monet?

• Options
    Leah Williams is extremely good and needs to be writing at least one of the X-Books once the first wave of titles is revealed

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Carnage spoilers
    I thought All-Black the Necroblade turned out to be what became of the symbiote god?

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Carnage spoilers
    I thought All-Black the Necroblade turned out to be what became of the symbiote god?
    Nah, ALL-BLACK THE ANNIHIBLADE was his initial attempt before he created the symbiotes.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
This discussion has been closed.