As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Vampire: The Masquerade] Tremere and their BFFs, together at last

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    So we got a warrior class, then a mage class, my money’s on a rogue class next.

I would guess that of the 6 vanilla clans, none of them will be clans that were unavailable in the original Bloodlines. Nosferatu would probably be a ton of work, and I think they’ll save that for DLC. Malks might be in there, but they’ll likely save them for the final reveal since they’re a fan favorite and that’s how hype machines work.

My guess is the next clan revealed is Toreador.

Called it

/smugface

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I played a Toreador in my IRL campaign. I'll probably roll it again for this.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Based on the images Ventrue is basically guaranteed next.

Also now we have it sorta confirmed that the second power from the clans can overlap. Makes sense since the first ones all read as "SIGNATURE DISCIPLINE" but the second just refers top kindred as a whole.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin

I would guess that of the 6 vanilla clans, none of them will be clans that were unavailable in the original Bloodlines. Nosferatu would probably be a ton of work, and I think they’ll save that for DLC. Malks might be in there, but they’ll likely save them for the final reveal since they’re a fan favorite and that’s how hype machines work.

Called it

/smugface

“Based on the inclusion of vanilla and strawberry, I am making the bold claim that the next flavour will be chocolate”

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

Called it

/smugface

“Based on the inclusion of vanilla and strawberry, I am making the bold claim that the next flavour will be chocolate”

Mein Gott

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Calling it now: There's gonna be Ventrue

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Ahaha.

The celerity descriptions are actually different between the two.
    Assailants seem frozen in their attacks, cars crawl forward, bullets zip by lazily, and the vampire can get up to the kinds of stunts that, with a popular 80’s synth track in the background, would make an awesome movie scene.
    The crowds seem frozen in their steps, as the vampire dances between cars and bullet streaks. A more gauche clan might wish for a popular 80’s synth track in the background.

• Options
    The next clan will be either the ventrue or the kiasyd

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Ventrue is absurd, obviously our next clan is True Brujah to create drama with those fake Brujah.
    Yo, let's get some representation for Salubri Antitribu and Secret Werewolf in DLC.

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    bangs table

Nagaraja

bangs table

Nagaraja

bangs table

Nagaraja

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I find your keen desire to consume flesh to be a little bit

alarming.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Salubri is the easy money.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    The next clan will be either the ventrue or the kiasyd

Do the kiasyd have a relation to massive office buildings?

Because the picture for the next one is a massive office building in a city.

• Options
    Ah, so City Gangrel for sure, then.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular

Called it

/smugface

You never know, it could have been chocolate chip cookie dough or rocky road

It wasn’t, though

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Tzimisce fleshcrafter confirmed next

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Ventrue likely will have Dominate and Fortitude, if Presence is the Toreador's big thing. Which makes me wonder if Malks will get Dominate or Auspex. Dominate makes sense as being unique for Ventrue, but Malkavian use of dementate was fairly iconic in the original. I suppose they could allow them to use premonition in conversation with Ausepx for a new gimmick though, which might be more fitting.

Though the unique discipline thing won't last through some DLC anyway, especially if we get the Banu Haqim or Ministry since their discipline spreads have a lot of overlap with the main clans. Of course they could always give them some unique variations, like Banu Haqim losing Blood Skewer for a weapon buff (sort of combining their weapon buff ritual with the poison blood powers) would make a lot of sense. Or Ministry characters gaining serpent's eyes as a power instead for Presence.
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    bangs table

Nagaraja

bangs table

Nagaraja

bangs table

Nagaraja

Nagaraja are no longer a unique bloodline lore-wise. They've combined with the Capadocians, Giovanni, Samedi, Harbingers of Skulls, etc, to form the Hecata. Mind in Tabletop you could easily make a Nagaraja by making a Hecata with the Organovore flaw (when they release Hecata rules anyway). But at best for Bloodlines 2 you'll probably just get a generic Hecata if they are allowed to do that.

Edit: I realize this was meant as a joke, just think I had seen Nagaraja come up as a hopeful before and figured I would mention that whIle I had an excuse.

Iblis on
    Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    Kiasyd are the standard obscure bloodline joke which means that everyone knows who they are

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    My guess is second generation.

• Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Ahaha.

Assailants seem frozen in their attacks, cars crawl forward, bullets zip by lazily, and the vampire can get up to the kinds of stunts that, with a popular 80’s synth track in the background, would make an awesome movie scene.
    The crowds seem frozen in their steps, as the vampire dances between cars and bullet streaks. A more gauche clan might wish for a popular 80’s synth track in the background.

Hey I get those references! Also my first Vtm:Bloodlines 1 playthrough was a Toreador melee ninja. Felt like easy mode towards the end but I loved it. Will probably roll with that this time as well for my first playthrough.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I don't know that the unique discipline won't last through the DLC. All they need to do to keep it going is pick clans that it works with. It's not like they are going to add in every clan ever. Probably just a few more big ones that the set-up works with.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Kiasyd are the standard obscure bloodline joke which means that everyone knows who they are

Ahh.

I'm not cool enough to be in on the VTM jokes.

• Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    If the game sells well we may wind up with every clan that's even remotely feasible to represent in game. It's Paradox published and slotting in new clans for new playthroughs is pretty obvious DLC bux -- I know they're releasing some for free, but I wouldn't be shocked to see them get into releasing more exotic stuff for $10-15.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    They said specifically that added clans will be free.

Paid story stuff, but new clans are just free whenever they get added.

• Options
    They should add in Blood Brothers, to allow for co-op play.

And so speedrunners can do strats by starting a co-op game and then using Octopod or Coagulated Entity from the Sanguinus discipline to power up one of the characters they they control.

• Options

Oh I know what they said, and acknowledged it in my post, but wouldn't be surprised at all if that winds up being the "normal/Camarilla" clans, with some super exotic stuff being paid DLC if the economics of the game work out.

I don't think that's a bad thing either.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I don't know that the unique discipline won't last through the DLC. All they need to do to keep it going is pick clans that it works with. It's not like they are going to add in every clan ever. Probably just a few more big ones that the set-up works with.

If they're basing it off V5 there aren't a huge number of clans to choose from.

Nosferatu: Obfuscate, Animalism, Potence

Gangrel: Protean, Animalism, Fortitude

Banu Haqim: Blood Sorcery, Celerity, Obfuscate

The Ministry: Protean, Presence, Obfuscate

Lasombra (they're not officially released, but playtest materials are out): Oblivion, Dominate, Potence.

So assuming they add any of those clans, our only options which don't double up on a unique discipline are the Gangrel.

• Options
    I still really hope Lasombra gets added. Even though I know it’s a long shot. Their skill set is just so cool.

• Options
    If this were made in the late 90s, Lasombra would be the only clan you'd be able to play, because then the devs would be able to easily get away with having an in-universe excuse for not having to get over the technological hurdle of having mirrors that show your reflection.

• Options
    Iblis wrote: »

If they're basing it off V5 there aren't a huge number of clans to choose from.

Nosferatu: Obfuscate, Animalism, Potence

Gangrel: Protean, Animalism, Fortitude

Banu Haqim: Blood Sorcery, Celerity, Obfuscate

The Ministry: Protean, Presence, Obfuscate

Lasombra (they're not officially released, but playtest materials are out): Oblivion, Dominate, Potence.

So assuming they add any of those clans, our only options which don't double up on a unique discipline are the Gangrel.

Hmm interesting.

But even with some shuffling that actually could get you 3 more clans. And that already seems like a pretty big amount of free additions on a game that only has 5 to start.

Make fortitude the main for Ventrue, now that allows Lasombra to have dominate for secondary. Obfuscate can be the Nos main option and leave auspex as the secondary for Malks. And Gangrel get their Protean.

And of course they are spending much longer actually working out how they want to do all this and make it feel good. But like that's a 60% increase in clans right there and more overall clans than the first game.

So it seems completely possible and doable. And I also am not going to assume they are going to have some crazy amount of clans and keep adding stuff to the game forever or anything like that.

It could go any way of course. But it still seems not that hard for them to stick to the primary skills thing.

• Options
    Malks have Dominate, Auspex, and Obfuscate in V5, so they would have to have Obfuscate as their unique discipline.
    I still really hope Lasombra gets added. Even though I know it’s a long shot. Their skill set is just so cool.

I hope so too. Would be a good way to advertise their new book. Assuming they want that cross-product synergy going on.

• Options
    Ah interesting.

Well I guess we'll see what they do in about 2 weeks when the last clan gets shown.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Fiatil wrote: »

Oh I know what they said, and acknowledged it in my post, but wouldn't be surprised at all if that winds up being the "normal/Camarilla" clans, with some super exotic stuff being paid DLC if the economics of the game work out.

If they're go by the paradox model, they release the clan for free, then release a storyline or something for money at the same time, that ties in with that clan.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    KetBra wrote: »

If they're go by the paradox model, they release the clan for free, then release a storyline or something for money at the same time, that ties in with that clan.

The announced post-launch paid DLC is two story packs and one expansion.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Right, I'm just saying they could theoretically do more in the future if the game performs well and there is demand. It's not an apples to apples comparison because published v. developed and sandbox v. story game, but Paradox planned on "ending" Crusader Kings 2 a long ass time ago. People just keep asking for and paying for the DLC, and they changed their plans. Their published games do tend to have somewhat similar emphasis on DLC.

Also this is just like 90% wishful thinking too, because I don't think they'll add the more obscure clans unless we're willing to fork out some cash. And I am! If the game is sweet of course.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Right, I'm just saying they could theoretically do more in the future if the game performs well and there is demand. It's not an apples to apples comparison because published v. developed and sandbox v. story game, but Paradox planned on "ending" Crusader Kings 2 a long ass time ago. People just keep asking for and paying for the DLC, and they changed their plans. Their published games do tend to have somewhat similar emphasis on DLC.

Also this is just like 90% wishful thinking too, because I don't think they'll add the more obscure clans unless we're willing to fork out some cash. And I am! If the game is sweet of course.

I would love to see at least the original 7 clans and lasombra. Wouldn’t mind Settites or Assamites (or whatever the new names are). I can see them being a narrative stretch though.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Malk is a lot harder, unless the madness is very specific and narratively controlled.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Ahaha.

I have to admit, I do love bullet time in games.

This might be my next full price game, depending on reviews. I loved the first, so more of the same, in lovely 4K, would be very tempting.

• Options
    I feel like we're 100% getting Malkavian, whether on launch or one of the free DLC ones. It was such a huge fan favorite in the first game -- they're going to get it in there somehow.

steam_sig.png