As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Collector's [Chat]

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Man, I'm super bored at work, although I have stuff I should be working on, but all I can think about is stuffing good in my mouth, and also how boring everything ever is.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    This is why I give the Path of Exile devs some ducats every league:
    A big topic in the gaming industry recently is development crunch. Some studios make their teams work 14 hour days to pack every patch full of the most fixes and improvements possible. Sometimes when we read our own Patch Notes threads and community feedback, we feel that we are being asked to do the same. I will not run this company that way.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/bjmndc/an_update_from_chris/

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Every Chad's actual name is Chadwick or Chadworthington or Chadforth or something else monstrously nerdy.

Be kind to Chads, they're all closeted geeks :(

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Maybe this is a sign that the sonic movie just shouldn't have been made

If only they did the same for the games.

"Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should"

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    spool32 wrote: »
    Every Chad's actual name is Chadwick or Chadworthington or Chadforth or something else monstrously nerdy.

Throckmorton here

shredding gnarly powder

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I don't see how it's remotely possible to change the design, the film releases this year... Nobody has time to redesign and re-render large parts of a movie in six months.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Which is the worst though
    Chad, Thad, or Brad?

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Which is the worst though
    Chad, Thad, or Brad?

yes

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    I don't see how it's remotely possible to change the design, the film releases this year... Nobody has time to redesign and re-render large parts of a movie in six months.
    They don't have to rerender the whole model, just add a mustache

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

Hot undergrad at work is named Chad and it’s unclear to me if it’s short for anything

He’s a short black guy with his hair in ponytail dreads and he was a physics major at a liberal arts college and just really does not come off as much of a ‘Chad’, I gotta say

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

RIP THAT creepy sonic

I wouldn't bet against someone guessing that whatever monstrosity they come up with next will be horrific in its own special way

Someone? I'm sorry but that CGI Sonic had to be designed by a committee, not artists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AySXu8x-RnA

• Options

What it's just Ctrl+c / Ctrl+v no big deal.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2019
    Maybe this is a sign that the sonic movie just shouldn't have been made

If only they did the same for the games.

"Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should"

This isn't true! Scientists definitely stop to think about whether or not they should, realize the answer is "shouldn't," then do it anyway.

Shivahn on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I love PoE and Chris as much as the next nerd. Dude still has some shitty opinions too. That said I still throw money at them because there is nothing better with Blizz handing the genre out with D3 and the "event".

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Coinage wrote: »

That makes sense, it could be a sprite also.

Okay then it works.

• Options
    credeiki wrote: »

Hot undergrad at work is named Chad and it’s unclear to me if it’s short for anything

He’s a short black guy with his hair in ponytail dreads and he was a physics major at a liberal arts college and just really does not come off as much of a ‘Chad’, I gotta say

His full name is Chadriche and he's very sensitive about it.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »

Chad... wick Boseman?

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    noooooo chewie

• Options
    I have no clue how to embed a steam screenshot but

BEHOLD
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/797611191264686112/5C897A023F4DB7FA15731514690C7E9646711DDD/

I have conquered Alut and Boras in the south. Alut was a long war that I had to press my peace settlement on just before they retook territory, I was lucky.

Boras which had a big army yielded immediately before I had taken a single province.

Yeha and Adoulia are my friends and I plan to convince them to become vassals. Aksum is a former vassal of Boras (whom I conquered), they will be conquered.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Peter Mayhew seemed like a really chill dude and 74 is no age at all :(

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    noooooo chewie

The modern chewie actor talked about him and his guidance at the episode 9 reveal. It was quite touching.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    I love PoE and Chris as much as the next nerd. Dude still has some shitty opinions too. That said I still throw money at them because there is nothing better with Blizz handing the genre out with D3 and the "event".

Though I'm unsure about what subject he has shitty opinions in, yeah, PoE is kind of in a league of its own.

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    House Chaddlepuff

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

Gm2yq5p.png

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    oh god bowen

Characters
  • Options
    Actually I might need to conquer that coastline since I have no way to build ships currently.

• Options

Though I'm unsure about what subject he has shitty opinions in, yeah, PoE is kind of in a league of its own.

Just some of his talks about leagues being good that had bad mechanics and the like. His insistance that maps are fine with having to buy them using a not in game system (this one will always grate on me as no excuse bad). Etc.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Holy shit Athenor. I'd be worried if I saw your place on a cable show. But as a nerd. That is a rockin' ass collection!

Remember he's not a hoader, he's a collector, that's what those two assholes on history taught me.

The only difference between hoarding and collecting is the number of jugs of urine in the location

I'll let you decide which one has more

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    bowen no

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    If you end up with an extra audio strap, Sniper, send it to meeeeee

vRyue2p.png
  • Options

Just some of his talks about leagues being good that had bad mechanics and the like. His insistance that maps are fine with having to buy them using a not in game system (this one will always grate on me as no excuse bad). Etc.

Oh whew I thought you meant... bad opinions like Notch kind of bad...

Not just like, disagreements on game design

I was really not ready to toss Chris in the fire

• Options
    JubTnrK.jpg?1

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    also #1's teachers want him to get tested for autism and porp is emotional about it but im like

1) his pediatrician, prior teachers, and current therapist have never said anything about having him tested

2) even if he does turn out to be on the spectrum, he's still the same kid so w/e. just maybe gives us a better picture of how to help him.

Best of luck man. I'm sure your kiddo is fine.

He would be fine either way you slut

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options

Oh whew I thought you meant... bad opinions like Notch kind of bad...

Not just like, disagreements on game design

I was really not ready to toss Chris in the fire

Oh lol no not that. If it was notch bad I wouldnt be throwing money at the company heh.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    This is new for me. Do I update the OP more? Make new posts? Make new posts and link them from the OP in case people are interested?

Does anyone care about an OP after the 2nd page (unless it's the amazing CYOA style ones)?

I'm home, I can take more pictures, but I don't want to be accused of conspicuous capitalism. I also do have thoughts about my collection that are both positive and negative, like what my favorite items are!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    That crab died for your conspicuous capitalism, you update the OP to your heart's desire

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »
    JubTnrK.jpg?1

Ah yes, the crabaguette.

Characters
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    vRyue2p.png
This discussion has been closed.