As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Collector's [Chat]

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Also gay people exert gay gravity and that's why we end up clustered, it's just science!
    Okay now to test this theory that's it's not due to societal pressure we're going to need 100 babies, and

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Look, maybe Chicago’s got problems but think of it as a fixer-upper prime city-based commune location

Also I’ve got like maybe a quarter commune worth of friends ready to go already if I really reached and got lucky on who was willing to buy in

Okay maybe a fifth

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Preacher, how does this thing work? Are they all playing each other, or are they taking turns going 1v1?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Good evening folks, making burgs for the family

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Also gay people exert gay gravity and that's why we end up clustered, it's just science!
    Okay now to test this theory that's it's not due to societal pressure we're going to need 100 babies, and

Producing 100 babies will be tough with our current resources, but not strictly impossible

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

If you put enough gay enough people close enough together you end up with a gay black hole and a gay event horizon from which nothing straight can escape

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Just make the sound investment and pour all your money into the commune

I’ve expressed here before but my life would be infinitely more satisfying if I could pour my money into a communal pot so that people I cared about could pursue their less lucrative passions
    Knowing I was providing for someone else that I cared about and lived with would be really nice

Yes hello let's talk

...but also I want to live *in* a city; none of this suburb nonsense you guys seem to prefer
    But you would be prime commune targets, yes (interestingly, the people I am thinking this might actually work out with in a couple years in Boston are also trans lesbians? Why are all my friends so gay...)

But the city has people in it! Liberal time over, fuck the environment!

I need to be able to walk to 3 coffee shops and 3 bars

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options

I’ve expressed here before but my life would be infinitely more satisfying if I could pour my money into a communal pot so that people I cared about could pursue their less lucrative passions
    Knowing I was providing for someone else that I cared about and lived with would be really nice

Yes hello let's talk

...but also I want to live *in* a city; none of this suburb nonsense you guys seem to prefer
    But you would be prime commune targets, yes (interestingly, the people I am thinking this might actually work out with in a couple years in Boston are also trans lesbians? Why are all my friends so gay...)

Can each bar/coffee shop have all the same employees, just running to get to w/e establishment before you so that you can feel like you're in a new bar/coffee shop?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options

Yes hello let's talk

Does starbucks count or does it have to be independent?

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    I need a She-Hulk origin movie that's less MCU and more MCV

(My Cousin Vinny)

I remember seeing some artwork from a new-ish run of She-Hulk a couple years ago that showed her, like, arguing a case in court while big and green and that's a movie I need.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Brody wrote: »
    Preacher, how does this thing work? Are they all playing each other, or are they taking turns going 1v1?

What the tournament? Everyone is playing everyone at a table. There are multiple tables, the one the tournament is showing is their prime table, but they cut to other action at other tables if someone is going all in or about to get knocked out.

If its a russian tournament everyone fucking folds every god damn hand and you forget what god damn game they are playing.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »
    Man I look at that and I see $$$$

I don't want to post how badly in debt I am.

(not as much as you'd think thanks to having a fairly stable job and no dependents, to be quite frank.)

yeah that's the only reason I made the comment

it's giving me second-hand anxiety after just recently going through an emergency holy shit we need to radically curb spending or we will be unable to clothe and feed the kids

what happened? Do you need help robbing Athenor's place for scratch?

nothing specifically happened. kid expenses crept up, spent more than planned on vacation, had to replace a car, few too many date nights, etc. etc., so we were slowly draining our savings and we had to sit down and figure out a strategy for keeping a tight budget and try and replenish those savings

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

What the tournament? Everyone is playing everyone at a table. There are multiple tables, the one the tournament is showing is their prime table, but they cut to other action at other tables if someone is going all in or about to get knocked out.

If its a russian tournament everyone fucking folds every god damn hand and you forget what god damn game they are playing.

Right, but it seems like they are only comparing two peoples hands at a time?

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Are you all pretty much describing Co-op apartment building ownership?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Waffles three days ago: Eh I don't need the virtual world, not seeing the VR hype

Waffles today as soon as I got home: LOG INTO YOUR COMPUTER SO I CAN PLAY BEAT SABER

Also uh that audio strap I told amazon didn't get delivered showed up. Apparently the delivery driver put it in a completely different building than the one we live in and a lady took it inside her apartment, then took it to the office this morning.

Amazon is sending me another one that should arrive tomorrow.

Whoops?

• Options

Right, but it seems like they are only comparing two peoples hands at a time?

Because most of the time people fold their hands in advance.

Its rare from when I've watched for multiple people to be playing a given hand.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Doodmann wrote: »

I actually want an arrangement with more communal spaces than that and the only private thing is bedrooms, but coop apartment ownership with regular joint meals and communal funds for various life things would be fine.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    I need a She-Hulk origin movie that's less MCU and more MCV

(My Cousin Vinny)

I remember seeing some artwork from a new-ish run of She-Hulk a couple years ago that showed her, like, arguing a case in court while big and green and that's a movie I need.

This is what you want.
    https://www.amazon.com/She-Hulk-1-Disorder-Charles-Soule/dp/0785190198

• Options
    VishNub wrote: »

Yes hello let's talk

Does starbucks count or does it have to be independent?

Ehh I guess I can stretch it to Starbucks, but I don’t frequent Starbucks when any other option is available so it’s not super useful to me really

• Options
    I took a bunch of imodium yesterday to fend off Montezuma's revenge as we were leaving and now I'm pounding fiber gummies to get things working again.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I mean

they said deliver it to a building

this is a building

close enough

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Preacher's post is pretty clear.

I thought I did, but admittedly I'm still in my early stages of becoming like my dad watching a lot of poker.

I think it's me.

I've had a hell of a day.

• Options

I actually want an arrangement with more communal spaces than that and the only private thing is bedrooms, but coop apartment ownership with regular joint meals and communal funds for various life things would be fine.

It'd be nice to have a private room and bathroom, with large/multiple living and cooking spaces. A slight upgrade from a Fraternity house situation.

I like to ART
  • Options
    I started reading a book about the history of Polynesia, it's kind of a bummer you can't admire the ludicrous hardship sailors survived in the Age of Discovery because of what they did when they landed. Also the whole time Europeans assumed there must be a Eurasia sized continent somewhere in the south Pacific because obviously the Earth should be symmetical! Imagine dying of thirst hunger and scurvy at the same time for such a stupid idea

• Options

It'd be nice to have a private room and bathroom, with large/multiple living and cooking spaces. A slight upgrade from a Fraternity house situation.

Minus all the frat bullshit.

• Options

Minus all the frat bullshit.

I'd like to agree, but it's still communal living. There's going to be some frat bullshit, just not gross 22 year old male frat bullshit.

I like to ART
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Definitely had hot sauce last night

Amazing

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    VishNub wrote: »
    I took a bunch of imodium yesterday to fend off Montezuma's revenge as we were leaving and now I'm pounding fiber gummies to get things working again.

You're having your own version of australian critter controlling with your bowels.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Like regardless of age there is a 100% chance with communal living that the bathroom situation is going to be contentious

• Options
    It's just human nature

• Options
    bowen wrote: »

Best response I read was "now you know its a real video game movie they added crunch time."

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I can't be the only one who's watched Texas Hold 'Em before.

Poker tournaments are some of the only live sports I can watch now without cable, its just pro wrestling and poker. So variations of carnival performances.

Man, eports is right there. MSI this weekend!

• Options
    I bet the new design will somehow be worse.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

RIP THAT creepy sonic

I wouldn't bet against someone guessing that whatever monstrosity they come up with next will be horrific in its own special way

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    also #1's teachers want him to get tested for autism and porp is emotional about it but im like

1) his pediatrician, prior teachers, and current therapist have never said anything about having him tested

2) even if he does turn out to be on the spectrum, he's still the same kid so w/e. just maybe gives us a better picture of how to help him.

A diagnosis will stick with him forever, but also getting. 504 plan in place ( or whatever they call it in IL) gives you an enormous stick to bludgeon the school system into submission with.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    spool32 wrote: »
    I can't be the only one who's watched Texas Hold 'Em before.

Poker tournaments are some of the only live sports I can watch now without cable, its just pro wrestling and poker. So variations of carnival performances.

Man, eports is right there. MSI this weekend!

Well I meant like sports as in like in person events.

I did watch MDI's but this season its been super boring because Method EU is ridiculous. And the meta sucks hard. I don't care about LoL or other competitive games for the most part.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Maybe this is a sign that the sonic movie just shouldn't have been made

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    landshark remember savants are on the spectrum and they are basically the most amazing people to have ever lived

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Maybe this is a sign that the sonic movie just shouldn't have been made

If only they did the same for the games.

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.