As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Collector's [Chat]

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2019
    2:30 into The Avengers and I am waiting for the good part

Vanguard on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Also my husband is in gay Paris for the next two weeks so I have already descended into madness and depravity at home

this boy needs boardgames stat!

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Also my husband is in gay Paris for the next two weeks so I have already descended into madness and depravity at home

this boy needs boardgames stat!

I’m doing dnd sat and GoT with my folks Sunday actually

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    2:30 into The Avengers and I am waiting for the good part

The first Avengers killed my interest in the main Marvel movies until Thor: Ragnarok.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »
    Cred i will tag you in any additional crab related content I come across.

@surrealitycheck

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    They added it to HBO, so I streamed it this afternoon.

https://youtu.be/tkbOvOYKJAE

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    My Dad just let me know he’s officially retired

• Options
    porpporp Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Today has been a shit day. The last straw was when number 2 said the reason he quit ballet is because he tried doing ballet at recess with some other girls who were doing it and they said boys don’t do ballet. I’m done. Out. This day sucks.

porp on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    So...do I just hang on to the free head strap they're sending me since the other one went missing and then showed up? Do I return it? I mean if it's gonna cost me something to return to them that's no good.

Having just used the one I got for a bit maaaan that's way better.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Oh damn Peter Mayhew passed away

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    porp wrote: »
    Today has been a shit day. The last straw was when number 2 said the reason he quit ballet is because he tried doing ballet at recess with some other girls who were doing it and they said boys don’t do ballet. I’m done. Out. This day sucks.

They are jealous. Ballet is awesome.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Oh damn Peter Mayhew passed away

Sad grunting and roaring noises

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

oh hey look it's my childhood

maybe show him some videos of Baryshnikov, Porp?

Or watch White Nights with Baryshnikov and Gregory Hines.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options

F those gender-essentialist assholes

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
  • Options
    Ballet dudes end up being stone cold foxes

• Options
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    They added it to HBO, so I streamed it this afternoon.

https://youtu.be/tkbOvOYKJAE

Now I have the theme song in my head

BOMMM BOOMMMM BOMMMMM BOM BOM

Doot dooo doot doo doot doo dooooo doo doo doooooo dooo dooooot dooooooooo

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Tell #1 that I did ballet as a kid and the ladies totally dug it

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
  • Options
    I think I convinced him to try again. And to give me the names of those girls.

• Options
    Oh shit porps taking out her hoops she ain’t playing

• Options
    I think I convinced him to try again. And to give me the names of those girls.

Wrath will come down like the cold rain

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Honestly the only thing I remember from the one (?) live ballet performance I've been to is that the dudes had raging boners with seemingly monster dongs

Coinage on
  • Options
    On the plus side, number 1 and 3 are trying out for a dance team at a cool place. Called extreme dance. @visiblehowl here’s the video they made last year.

https://youtu.be/yCAa6ubDppc

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Hi [chat]. I got new glasses.

qMNn21Cl.jpg

@credeiki @desc @Chanus

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    that's sick af Porp

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Oh the dual tone frames are very good for your eye color; good call!

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    credeiki wrote: »
    Oh the dual tone frames are very good for your eye color; good call!

I gotta thank my friend. Because I wouldn't normally do it but he was like, those look damn good on you.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Somebody texted me a pun about electricity with hurts/Hertz but they sent "Hurtz". Do I cut them out of my life y/y?

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Some notable items in my collection:

I've never watched Marie Kondo, and I don't know how much of my collection actually brings me "Joy." But there are a few items that I will likely never part with.

Figment

II1QXTYh.jpg

When I was 12, I went to Walt Disney World with my Aunt. It was amazing, even if I was forced to do math homework during it. My favorite place (outside of the Space Center) was definitely Epcot, where Sega was sponsoring an awesome arcade that I kicked butt in.

Figment has been with my Aunt ever since (I wanted the White Tiger Megazord as my souvenir instead). A few years ago, I told my Aunt how much that trip meant to me, and how seeing Figment reminded me of it, and her. So she gave me the Figment doll she got during that trip, and has been with her for over 20 years. In her words, paraphrased: She wanted to see me enjoy it while she was alive and around, rather than waiting to give it to me after she passed.

Beast Wars: Transmetal II Megatron

fCX3leKh.jpg

This is one of the first toys I got as part of my modern collecting experience. I remember finding it well after the series was off the air at my local Toys R Us, back in like 99 or 2000. It's kind of a crap toy by today's standards -- rubbery neck, brittle metallic paint, ugly proportions. But damnit, it was a TRANSFORMER DRAGON. Plus I think my brother had one and broke it, so I learned to buy my own toys rather than hope my younger brothers would be gentle with them. Guesses where the White Tiger Megazord went?

Transformers: Alternators

5QSyKUOh.jpg

Wanna know what my dream for the Transformers movies were? It was these toys. 1/24 scale car models, extremely accurate and licensed. In Japan, the line was called Binaltech and had die-cast metal, but Hasbro was too cheap for that. I've got pretty much the entire line except a couple very rare recolors. I'm pretty sure I have every mold released, including the extremely late Wal-mart exclusive Ravage and Rumble.

Seriously, these were kind of the precursor of the Masterpiece line, and I've yet to see a transformer match them in creativity. They would never sell for $20 today like they did back then.

Marvel Legends Build-a-figure Sentinel

IdrmKqdh.jpg

If I ever get desperate for money, this will be the one I sell... but man will I regret it. The build-a-figure was made out of like 8-12 pieces back in the ToyBiz days of Marvel action figures. I collected these right when I moved out of Rockford and headed to college. I was in a very dark place at the time, so this is kind of tied up in that.. but it is also an amazing figure and I'm glad to own it, so it balances.

The Lich King

JJc61VAh.jpg

I love WoW. Still do. I went by Myridiam in the Knights of Arcadia, if people remember me.

This was a gift from a coworker in thanks for how much work I did at the job. As one of my few gift items in my collection, it means a lot. Especially given how much of my life I spent trying to take that sonofabitch down. Feral DPS / healing for the win!

The Pride of Hiigara

O1a9CQdh.jpg

I forget why, but I got to be part of the closed beta for Homeworld. I loved Relic studios, and would do anything for them. I was a big part of their community back in 1999-2003, and any time I pop back up in those spheres some of the old-timers still recognize me and such. It makes me feel quite warm.

So when I found out Gearbox was putting out a CE of their Homeworld remaster, I ordered it blindly. I'm not unhappy with the choice, though like many I would've preferred the original Mothership.

Shadowrun: The First 20 years

JMr2sqOh.jpg

It's not complete, but I'd say I have about 70-80% of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th edition Shadowrun splat and sourcebooks. I loved the SNES Shadowrun game, and in 1998 (around the time Amazon just started up), I learned about the RPG for Shadowrun. I bought it.. and then bought more.

Fun fact: I wouldn't have graduated from high school without Shadowrun. We were required to do a job shadowing for our senior year, and write a report on it. I decided to go for broke, and contact FASA Studios to see if they would do so. Michael Mulvahill actually agreed, so one day mom drove me up to Chicago on Cermack Rd. and we toured FASA and learned how RPGs were made in 2000. I also made some lifelong friends. I got to see Mr. Mulvahill in 2014 when Hare-Brained was launching Golem, and he was so shocked to see me! :)

Cubivore, Zoids, and Zelda: OoT

ajVtBlXh.jpg

These are 2 extremely rare games I own, and 1 game that caused me to be a thief unwittingly.

I was a huge fan of the game E.V.O., the Search for Eden on SNES. So when I heard something like that was coming to the Gamecube, I had to get it. ... but I didn't. I want to say I found that copy in like 2005 or 2006 or something. It's my "have you heard of this rare game" go-to in my collection.

Zoids is rare as well, but come on. You knew I had to own this. :)

Zelda: OoT was the source of a lot of conflict. I pre-ordered Wind Waker at EB Games and got the bonus disk. Then I went to pick up the game after class. And waited. And waited. It never showed, and everyone else waiting for it was getting more and more upset. I used to work at EB Games' competitor, Babbages, which DID have Wind Waker in. The manager at EB Games wouldn't let me cancel my pre-order unless I returned the pre-order bonus. I was upset, but also decided to be stubborn. Even when Babbages offered to give me another pre-order bonus just to satisfy the manager, I didn't do it.

Finally, at like 10 (well after the store was supposed to close), the manager finally admitted that they weren't going to get any copies. In the process, because I was being "so loyal," he said I could pick out something to take. I picked a clearance item of Call of Cthulhu from the 3rd edition days. It was a bit more expensive than he was expecting, but he said go ahead. I took it, drove the 20 minutes home, and the next day drove the 20 minutes back just to pick it up first thing in the morning.

Years later I learned that manager was fired for embezzling from the company and other shady shit. Turns out that book I was given was one of the items that had gone missing. I haven't seen that book in a while - I think my bro may have it, but it is among one of the rare items I don't have anymore.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I have my insurance bonus to go toward a pair of glasses or two for this year

Maybe I should get them sooner rather than waiting until the end of year and rushing to claim it

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    I'm sorry I'm sure that stuffed thing is very personal but it's completely upstaged in that shot by the gold plated ultra megazord or whatever the fuck name that power rangers thing has.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    1-10 how guilty should I feel for someones diet pepsi in the fridge that fell out that someone had placed in front of my empty lunch bag when I hurriedly grabbed it to leave and just put the diet pepsi back on the shelf?

• Options
    Wow, what an amazingly badly timed bottom of the page

Ilpala wrote: »
    I'm sorry I'm sure that stuffed thing is very personal but it's completely upstaged in that shot by the gold plated ultra megazord or whatever the fuck name that power rangers thing has.

You have it right, it's an Ultra Megazord! Specifically the MMPR Legacy models that were put out a few years ago. Lots of die cast metal. It came black like that!

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I love this cat quid

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Somebody texted me a pun about electricity with hurts/Hertz but they sent "Hurtz". Do I cut them out of my life y/y?

What's the frequency with which they send you puns? Maybe you should get on their wavelength.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Feral

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    It’s the nurse’s last day so she brought fry bread for everyone

I had mine with honey and butter

Surprise fry bread is the best

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Wait, is the lego Sanctum Sanctorum modular neighborhood friendly?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
This discussion has been closed.