As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BATTLETECH/MechWarrior] An Annihilator shot this thread straight through. [CLOSED]

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    FOMO strikes again! You might need those c-bills someday!

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    FOMO strikes again! You might need those c-bills someday!

I mean, I totally do need those CBills. I've got a huge pile of LFEs and ESes and DHSes I still need to buy.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Speaking of that. I really should just activate all of my Premium time before they shut this game down.

Edit: Yeah, 8,640 Hours banked.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    FYI if you know anyone considering BT via Humble, they just unlocked Flashpoint and the Shadowhawk DLC. I'm guessing the Urban DLC will also be part of the reveal.

So base game + Flashpoint + sexies for $12 -- oh and you get some other games with it.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Guess I'm going to have to update my credit card info attached to Humble. I never picked up the DLCs for Battletech, so I won't mind skimming those as I hand off the code for the base game to a friend (or my brother).

EDIT - ah...they also did an early reveal: Sonic Mania. Maybe I jumped the gun on updating my CC info...

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    If you know anyone with a sub to the newsletter, they also added a $3 discount to the bundle (if you want to jump in on it with someone)

• Options
    Also, oof...getting hit hard by choice paralysis with these reward mechs.

For the IS Medium, I was kind of eyeballing the Dervish Frenzy, Hellspawn Paralyzer, or I have no idea what else (YLW, maybe? or the Phoenix Hawk Roc just for the looks of it, hardpoints look kinda shit though)

For the Clan Medium, I have no idea. Black Lanner Bellonarius? The Viper? I just don't know.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    IS Medium I'd lean towards the Dervish.

Clan Medium Pakhet is the best of the bunch IMO

My stumbling block is the light choice. I have the K-9 and Grinner already, and I'm down to the Pirates Bane, Purifier, and Cipher (none of the rest excite me in any way).

Pirates Bane could be nice, but speedy light mechs aren't really my thing. Still, super fast light with stealth...
    Purifier has some interesting builds for a support light, which are super tempting.
    Cipher is...eh? I'm not a huge Piranha fan to begin with and I don't see what the Cipher brings that would change my mind.

Nobody on
  • Options
    Nobody wrote: »
    IS Medium I'd lean towards the Dervish.

IS Clan Pakhet is the best of the bunch IMO

My stumbling block is the light choice. I have the K-9 and Grinner already, and I'm down to the Pirates Bane, Purifier, and Cipher (none of the rest excite me in any way).

Pirates Bane could be nice, but speedy light mechs aren't really my thing. Still, super fast light with stealth...
    Purifier has some interesting builds for a support light, which are super tempting.
    Cipher is...eh? I'm not a huge Piranha fan to begin with and I don't see what the Cipher brings that would change my mind.

See, I went with the Cipher because I theorycrafted something that I'm sure is shit, but it seems funny to me:

8xER-micro lasers
    1xHeavy medium laser
    6xLMG (2.5t ammo)
    180XL engine

• Options
    I went with the Dervish just because it looks like so much fun running it with SRM2s and SRM4s with no ghost heat. But I already have the YLW and ROC so it made my decision easier.

I have the Cypher and yeah it is ok, but man the 12 MG standard version is so much better in my opinion. Mainly because the MGs just eat through anything faster than the Cypher can. Even head to head the 12 MGs overpower the Cypher's 6. But I do also run mine with a heavy medium laser instead of the Baradul meta 1ERSL and 2Micros.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I'm currently trying to decide whether I want to get more than one character to Guts 10 before moving forward with the Story. I've only got 6 pilots, and only 4 of them have high end stats.

I was originally trying to flesh out my mech pool with some additional heavies, but have been having a little trouble finding the right systems to farm (it's a learning experience, so no worries. Currently poking through New Vandenberg and...another system I can't remember to see if I can dig up some +'s items, but they are only 2-star systems so the mechs aren't flowing [rightly so])

• Options
    htmhtm Registered User regular
    For all the HBS BattleTech players on the thread, BT Advanced 3062 has now been updated to work with BT 1.7.

I highly recommend BTA 3062. It adds some gameplay elements and changes some mechanics which is cool and all, but what's really great about is the absolutely incredible amount of new weapons and mechs it adds to the game. There's shotgun ACs, gatling gun ACs, Medium Range Missiles, sawed-off PPCs, at least four different kind of Gauss Rifle, and LosTech everywhere.

The mechs are crazy, too. A few days ago, I salvaged a Black Knight variant with a hatchet (and it's actually canon). In future Inner Sphere, Black Knight chops limbs off you!

Anyway, if you're getting kind of bored of rearranging the AC/20s+++ in your collection of Atlases, then you should check out BTA 3062.

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    htm wrote: »
    For all the HBS BattleTech players on the thread, BT Advanced 3062 has now been updated to work with BT 1.7.

I highly recommend BTA 3062. It adds some gameplay elements and changes some mechanics which is cool and all, but what's really great about is the absolutely incredible amount of new weapons and mechs it adds to the game. There's shotgun ACs, gatling gun ACs, Medium Range Missiles, sawed-off PPCs, at least four different kind of Gauss Rifle, and LosTech everywhere.

The mechs are crazy, too. A few days ago, I salvaged a Black Knight variant with a hatchet (and it's actually canon). In future Inner Sphere, Black Knight chops limbs off you!

Anyway, if you're getting kind of bored of rearranging the AC/20s+++ in your collection of Atlases, then you should check out BTA 3062.

I think I'll check that out on my third playthrough.

After I start and finish my second playthrough.

After I finish my first campaign.

Sometime. Eventually.

Probably in 2021.

(Seriously though, that's cool that the game's pretty extensible for the modders.)

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Part 2 has arrived and it's a fucking whopper

GET HYPE FOR THE GHOSTS OF THE BLACK WATCH
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVrAdhCfc4

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    If any other BT player is wondering why there hasn't been any news on Heavy Metal DLC, the answer is probably because of PDXcon 2019 is 18-20th of October and they'll talk about it there. I had no idea Paradox even had its own convention.

• Options
    TIL that the capital of the Star League was fucking Seattle and I'm just cackling over the level of self-insert glory that is.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    2 hours, jeeeez.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Orca wrote: »
    2 hours, jeeeez.

If you don't wanna commit the time it's worth tuning in for the Ghosts of the Black Watch bit at 1:37:00

Course, I've got a predilection for bagpipe fueled badassery.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    I'm an hour or so in, listening in spurts as I plug away at job. Its good stuff!

But... now I miss FASA and the glorious attention they put into their fluff for a wargame/RPG setting.

• Options
    NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    Man, two straight hours of Tex Talks Battletech. I wish I could rub it all over my body.

Maybe if I turn up the bass...

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    TIL that the capital of the Star League was fucking Seattle and I'm just cackling over the level of self-insert glory that is.

Continued the tradition from Shadowrun!

• Options
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    TOGSolid wrote: »

Continued the tradition from Shadowrun!

Shit

everything makes sense now

• Options
    MWO:

Decided to skill up my Pakhet as an ATM boat. Then I'm going to swap it to a streak boat for FW shenanigans.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    MWO:

Decided to skill up my Pakhet as an ATM boat. Then I'm going to swap it to a streak boat for FW shenanigans.

Hey, whattaya know! I picked up a Pakhet to run as a 2xATM3/2xATM6 + 3xERML boat.

Erlkönig on
  • Options
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    MWO:

Hey, whattaya know! I picked up a Pakhet to run as a 2xATM3/2xATM6 + 3xERML boat.

2xATM-12, light tag, light probe, 2xERML.

Don't even need to swap components for it so you can use the (somewhat useful) So8 bonuses (turn rate, missile velocity, and xp gain).

• Options
    MWO:

2xATM-12, light tag, light probe, 2xERML.

Don't even need to swap components for it so you can use the (somewhat useful) So8 bonuses (turn rate, missile velocity, and xp gain).

I thought about doing twin-ATM12, but 4 streams of missiles seemed like it'd be a better alternative vs. just the 2 with how effective AMS is against ATMs. I'll have to try out both...y'know, for science!

• Options
    Nothing is funnier than the Huginn with MRMs.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I'm save scumming this story mission because I know I can full-salvage one of these assaults.

Awesome
    Zeus
    Battlemaster

I already get a Highlander out of it, so I'm leaning toward the Battlemaster. (this is a really fun mission!)

• Options
    nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Betsuni wrote: »

Dunno, an Urbie with an MRM is pretty swell.

nonoffensive on
  • Options

I had a similar build but ran a 10 and 20 instead for firing times. But switched it to the Hugin and now run Rocket Launchers in it. Might go back since the Raven tends to get targeted more than my Urbie.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options

I had a similar build but ran a 10 and 20 instead for firing times. But switched it to the Hugin and now run Rocket Launchers in it. Might go back since the Raven tends to get targeted more than my Urbie.

People are more skeered of the Urbie. Friggin' 30t assault mechs...

• Options
    I saw an AC/20 Raven the other day so I got all excited about making a stealth Gauss sniper Raven.

Then I saw that none of the ballistic hardpoint Ravens have ECM :(

• Options
    edited September 2019
    I saw an AC/20 Raven the other day so I got all excited about making a stealth Gauss sniper Raven.

Then I saw that none of the ballistic hardpoint Ravens have ECM :(

Yeah the old ECM Raven was pretty pitiful painting enemy mechs with their LLs.

Edit: you should make an ECM Arctic Cheetah like the B33f did long ago. It is so funny and bad.

People are more skeered of the Urbie. Friggin' 30t assault mechs...

Yeah, I know... But still, why my poor Raven was slaughtered for showering them with spit is beyond me. Not to mention the leg armor on a Raven sort of sucks.... Ok, yeah I'll put it back to being a SRM backstabber and my Urbie as the MRM shower stall.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Mugsley wrote: »
    I'm save scumming this story mission because I know I can full-salvage one of these assaults.

Awesome
    Zeus
    Battlemaster

I already get a Highlander out of it, so I'm leaning toward the Battlemaster. (this is a really fun mission!)

The Battlemaster and Zeus both look really cool, but they're basically brawler Orions with lower initiative and better punching. Neither would be much of an upgrade for you at this point if you already have an Orion. The Awesome, though, is a substantially different beast. If you ever want to try your hand at headshot sniping for fun and salvage, it's one of the best mechs for that.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Well color me interested! I've got 4 pilots with Tactics 9 and 6+ Gunnery.

Also it stinks having pilots with such lower skills and trying to be productive. Every called shot is still a prayer.

Edit: Black Knights and a normal Crab are my heaviest mechs atm

Mugsley on
  • Options
    So, I was going through the old Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries manual the other day and I noticed a mech name that I haven't seen before and couldn't place what it was (they use the IS designations for Clan mechs in the manual, but don't show pictures/photos of the mechs). It was bugging since I saw it, so I figured I'd look it up on Sarna. And now there's a Clan mech that I'm thoroughly sad will likely never have the Alex touch-up done for it in MWO or MW5:

The Conjuror (Hellhound). Unofficially known as the Wolverine IIc.

• Options
    So, I was going through the old Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries manual the other day and I noticed a mech name that I haven't seen before and couldn't place what it was (they use the IS designations for Clan mechs in the manual, but don't show pictures/photos of the mechs). It was bugging since I saw it, so I figured I'd look it up on Sarna. And now there's a Clan mech that I'm thoroughly sad will likely never have the Alex touch-up done for it in MWO or MW5:

The Conjuror (Hellhound). Unofficially known as the Wolverine IIc.

On the flip side, we're absolutely getting a revised sculpt of the Hellhound for the tabletop game, which I'm super jazzed for.

So, hey, you never know.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Well color me interested! I've got 4 pilots with Tactics 9 and 6+ Gunnery.

Also it stinks having pilots with such lower skills and trying to be productive. Every called shot is still a prayer.

Edit: Black Knights and a normal Crab are my heaviest mechs atm

Yeah, the BK is actually closer to an Awesome than it is to either the Battlemaster or Zeus, so maybe go with your original plan. Try to score the BM or Z in order to add some of that good ole AC/20 mayhem to your line-up.

htm on
  • Options
    So very sad news for me. My "new" used Mobo or CPU decided that it has lived enough and wants to start "going to sleep" (shutting off) when it feels like it. So now I get to go buy new hardware to allow it to go and join the other motherboards at my work desk.

What this means is that I'm going to be be able to do Oosik Night this week (and maybe next week). Also my adventures in BT is also on hold.

Just wanted to give a heads up that someone will have to lead the drop this week.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    On the one hand, I'm sad your hardware is failing on you. I know that feeling, and that sucks.

On the other hand, I smell an opportunity! Time to juice that bad boy up, man!