Options

[MTG] Throne of Eldraine spoiler season is upon us!

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    your creature leaves play, then it comes back

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    And then you get to do it again.

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Usually for enters the battlefield triggers. Also a slight callback to phasing, an old mechanic.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    It can also be used to dodge removal and can make negative auras fall off but yeah usually its to make a strong etb effect happen more

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    It can also be used to dodge removal and can make negative auras fall off but yeah usually its to make a strong etb effect happen more

Also some shenanigans with the convoke spirit that gets 2 +1/+1 counters if you have no tapped lands when it enters.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
  • Options
    Like to see Alesha, Ral, Tomik, Chandra, and Nissa on there too, but that is pretty rad

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    wall of stone is very strong

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    gfjcAmI.png

Players don't read cards: part 19 in a series.

Much as I love the flavour of Mono-Black, Mono-Green remains my fav overall.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    gfjcAmI.png

Players don't read cards: part 19 in a series.

Much as I love the flavour of Mono-Black, Mono-Green remains my fav overall.

I've done that exactly once too

• Options
    My favorite is still people using Kasmina's Transmutation on my Ugin's Conjurants.

I've fired off my fair share of burn with a Wanderer out though.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    I made an oopsy once and did -7 on new Chandra when my opponent had shalai out.

Won't do that again after rereading my card

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Last night at draft my first pack was a foil Oath of Kaya and a sarkhan... oath is kind of a pet card of mine so i picked that. Of course second pack i also open a chandra. the best win of the night was probably chandra -7 into chandras pyrohelix and oath of kaya for lethal. i should have known i would be punished for taking the shiny card.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I'm never gonna judge somebody for money drafting, but on the other hand Sarkhan is both one of the biggest bombs in the set and worth more than a foil Oath of Kaya, so I'm mostly just baffled.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    sarkhan is a monster card

oath is both pretty and good, but dear lord dreggin boy is stronk

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    I was in GW auras in M19 draft and you better believe when I opened a foil Bolas P3 I announced it and slammed it as my pick

E: How did autocorrect go from "Bolas" to "Avila's"?

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Finally got to play my new Nicol Bolas deck Friday night.

I cast a Combustible Gearhulk and picked a friend that was on twentyish life and is always willing to sell out the table rather than losing anything of his own.

Except this time he didn't and had me mill the three cards. He was happy to see the Blood Crypt but it was immediately followed by two high end Nicol Bolas' that nuked him for fifteen and someone else finished him off the following turn.

• Options
    milski wrote: »
    I'm never gonna judge somebody for money drafting, but on the other hand Sarkhan is both one of the biggest bombs in the set and worth more than a foil Oath of Kaya, so I'm mostly just baffled.

Oh i totally did it knowing oath is like a 75 cent rare and like 1.50 for a foil and that sarkhan is quite a bit more. Also it's weird as fuck that there are like 6 gameshops in Tulsa and none of them do standard.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Wot

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Thankfully Dave Newberg of... "Brad Neely’s Harg Nallin’ Sclopio Peepio" fame is on board as a producer.

• Options
    metaghost wrote: »
    Thankfully Dave Newberg of... "Brad Neely’s Harg Nallin’ Sclopio Peepio" fame is on board as a producer.

Brad Neely's Harg Nallin Sclopio Peepio is incredible so hell yeah

• Options
    The London Mulligan rule will become THE mulligan rule beginning with the release of Core Set 2020.

• Options
    DiorinixDiorinix Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Hi folks - long time since I came around this way.

Thought I'd share some tournament success I just had - I finished 2nd in our local area MCQ this weekend! Not bad for a guy who hasn't touched Arena for 3 months and only plays FNM now.

168 players came to battle in Edmonton, Alberta, so we were looking at 8 rounds of swiss before the cut to top 8. The store that was awarded the hosting privilege was putting up a $1500 flight voucher to the winner to make the trip to Barcelona more affordable.

I played the following:

jn9pp3x200us.png

Brian Braun-Duin posted an untested list at the end of his article on Friday, and this is 74/75 of that list - the single substitution being +1 Kaya Orzhov Usurper for -1 Teferi Time Raveler. This change was key in at least 2 of my swiss matches.

Ultimately I lost to UR Phoenix with Saheeli. The velocity and advantage gained by the tokens were too much for my little Hero to match, and I was dispatched on camera (twitch.tv/mtgalberta for the vod) in 2 quick games.

I loved my deck, but I was certainly carried by its own power and a healthy dose of luck through the day. Upsides were going 3-0 against mono red, including my win - and - in during round 8. I was fortunate to dodge my bad match ups almost all day or got very lucky in 2 of the situations that could have gone much worse. If anyone wants more details I'll pop my head in through the day and answer when I can.

Diorinix on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mmmmm....toasty.
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Huh. I was looking up when Modern Horizons prerelease was and managed to end up on this page: https://wpn.wizards.com/en/event/prerelease-modern-horizons

Towards the bottom--stores are allowed to do draft instead of sealed for their prerelease?

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Yeah, sets that are made to be drafted you can just draft instead of getting a prerelease box

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Yeah, sets that are made to be drafted you can just draft instead of getting a prerelease box

TBF this is the first* time they've held an actual prerelease for the yearly draft release.

*Or maybe the second? I forget how Battlebond was set up.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Yeah regular sets get sealed prereleases because it’s the most accessible format for newer players. While MH probably works as well as any other set for sealed, it’s very much designed for enfranchised players who are already familiar with the references and 37 returning mechanics, so they might as well do drafts to let those players try to focus their decks a bit more.

• Options
    so my sister hasn't played since we were in middle school, but she has a few strong Instagram opinions about the new show
    w9YQrNO.jpg?1dJRj3tP.jpg

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    i want to build 4c dreadhorde on arena since I have it in paper and love it but its absurd how many rare wildcards I need vs how quick you get them

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Im going to figure out how to make jund superfriends work for the sole purpose of calling it junderbuddies.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    gonna make a jund artifact deck and call it junderware

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Jund heavy on land destruction, Jundland Wasted.

• Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    Jund saga deck?
    Jundertale

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Grixis PW deck named Legion of Doom

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    what would a musical genre called "jundwave" sound like

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
This discussion has been closed.