Options

[MTG] Throne of Eldraine spoiler season is upon us!

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Rosethorn_Halberd_EN.png

that's... a common equipment all right

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    turtleant wrote: »
    Just realized the auto tapping in Arena is totally going to cause a bunch of missed adamant triggers when people forget about it.

they will very likely change the programming

Maybe. I already play with autotapping off because it does not play nicely with my monoblack deck with field of ruin

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Probably don't even need to change the programing. I forget what mechanic it was but something I did while drafting the other day forced me to manual tap my land. Like the game wouldn't tap for me because what I tapped mattered for the spell. So that sort of thing has already be addressed. When you cast one of those the game will be like "Hey player how you paying for that?".

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    My guess is Adamant will behave like Kicker where you select the mode when you cast it and then it taps based on that.

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Probably don't even need to change the programing. I forget what mechanic it was but something I did while drafting the other day forced me to manual tap my land. Like the game wouldn't tap for me because what I tapped mattered for the spell. So that sort of thing has already be addressed. When you cast one of those the game will be like "Hey player how you paying for that?".

Chamber Sentry is currently the only spell on Arena that does that AFAIK (X artifact that cares about colors spent).

And if MTGO is getting support for Adamant then I'm sure similar measures were taken for the program they actually care about.
    admanb wrote: »
    My guess is Adamant will behave like Kicker where you select the mode when you cast it and then it taps based on that.

Maybe, although Adamant isn't optional. If you only control swamps you HAVE to mill 4 for Cauldron's Gift.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    BreakfastPMBreakfastPM Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    32py7o4kqjcf.png

Is this constructed playable? The 2 CMC is throwing me off. That seems low enough to be playable in a control shell where you're likely to trigger it often.

I will be trying one to two copies in Izzet Phoenix most likely. Most likely it won't be better than Saheeli but it's only uncommon so it's worth a shot.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    0cynu3be7kn31.png

Garruk's back,

Back again

Garruk's back,

And a friend

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    gqsRBFV.jpg

Hmm. Alt win con for Golos Gates o'dead.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Boy do I hate that they kept planeswalking Jason Voorhees on the shelf for a million years and then just handwaved the most imteresting thing about him away.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    p0xl1x9nbkn31.png

Island

~ ETB tapped unless you control three other islands

If this ETB untapped, put target instant or sorcery from your yard on top of your library.

Seems real good. Softlock if you have two Cryptic Commands as well, which is cute

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    deathlessknight.jpg
    Deathless Knight
    [B/G][B/G][B/G][B/G]
    Creature - Skeleton Knight
    Haste

Whenever you gain life for the first time each turn, return Deathless Knight from your graveyard to your hand.

oooooooh hello

brb finding things with "discard a card" in their costs

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    astrobstrd wrote: »
    Boy do I hate that they kept planeswalking Jason Voorhees on the shelf for a million years and then just handwaved the most imteresting thing about him away.

Maybe it's not actually broken? He's working with a trickster, after all.

But I don't know.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    no the curse is broken, the kenrith siblings do it

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    no the curse is broken, the kenrith siblings do it

Technically the Cauldron of Eternity does it but Will was there.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Now he can sanely chop off heads

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Curious to see how hamfisted the reunion of Garruk and Liliana will be now that she's officially face turned.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Curious to see how hamfisted the reunion of Garruk and Liliana will be now that she's officially face turned.

*garruk gets immediately recursed*

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

I mean... just because he's uncursed doesn't mean he's forgiven her. Or that they were ever friendly to begin with.

Plus she still has Kaya hunting her down as well.

The next time we see Lili she could be in deep trouble on multiple fronts.

• Options
    I suspect they won't meet for a while

One of the problems they've had with Garruk is finding his niche in the story. The move to planeswalker hunter was an attempt to solve that, but alienated everyone who already liked Garruk. It made him difficult to include in storylines, and probably didn't bring in a lot of new Garruk fans. Now they're shifting him into more of a hermit mentor role, where he loathes society and wants to avoid the cultures of the multiverse, but respects young planeswalkers like the Kenriths enough to hang around a bit and show them some ropes, give them some survival skills. It brings back some of that original Garruk flavour and also makes it easier to slot him into storylines. (Conspiratorially, it also provides a green mentor archetype for when Ajani's storyline wraps up soon with Elspeth)

"Garruk meets Liliana again" is a story event that there's no need to blow early, they can save it for when it's most appropriately dramatic.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Garruk was already my fave, but Jason Voorhees'ing him was the best thing they ever did to him.

My guess is that they wanted to bring him back so people stopped asking but didn't want to sacrifice any IPs to have a proper return make sense.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I haven't followed the story close, is a member of the gatewatch actually on eldraine to be the audience pov and if so what is the given reason for visiting

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I haven't followed the story close, is a member of the gatewatch actually on eldraine to be the audience pov and if so what is the given reason for visiting

No and the Eldrain book apparently takes place quite a bit before War of the Spark, as the Twins aren't planeswalkers yet for most of it.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options

No and the Eldrain book apparently takes place quite a bit before War of the Spark, as the Twins aren't planeswalkers yet for most of it.

Oh okay, thats kinda neat

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options

Well... either that or Battlebond takes place way after War. They're equally likely.

I actually asked MaRo this for his traditional set mailbag column. We'll see if he answers in a few weeks.

• Options
    Pretty sure WAR has to take place before Eldraine (and Battlebond after both) since Bolas specifically doesn't pull Garruk to not get the tasty sparks killed before he can harvest them, and he's supposed to know the status of like all walkers pre WAR

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    AbsurdPropositionAbsurdProposition Registered User regular
    I assumed Garruk wasn't in WAR because the black/green PW slot was already taken by Vraska.

• Options
    I assumed Garruk wasn't in WAR because the black/green PW slot was already taken by Vraska.

I'm pretty sure there were more planeswalkers there than the ones who got cards.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    mostly it falls under Don't Worry About It

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    mostly it falls under Don't Worry About It

*vague waving motions with hand*

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    hl70bxruywhb.png

Speecy spicy

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    But those are 2 of the best things...

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Those lips are too well rendered

They look like ridiculous badly photoshopped in pictures of real lips (at least on my phone)

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Comes down before Risen Reef, hilarious.

• Options
    That a good very hateful bear.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Hmm yes Ill take 4 for azorius flyers ty

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    The fucking lip hoola hoop oh my god

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    They're opening a $450 "Throne of Eldraine Deluxe Edition" box on the official MTG Twitch that contains:
    - a partial uncut foil sheet (9 cards)
    - a premium 360 card set-themed binder
    - an art print of Garruk, Cursed Huntsman
    - a foil borderless Garruk, Cursed Huntsman card
    - a non-foil Kenrith, the Returned King
    - 16 Throne of Eldraine premium boosters
    - an Arena Mega-code (Garruk exquisite sleeve, card/card style for Garruk, Charming Prince, The Magic Mirror, Witch's Vengeance, Bonecrusher Giant, and Questing Beast)

On sale Oct. 2nd at the Wizards online store and they'll have some international shipping this time. Not every country, but most of Europe, North and South America, Japan, and South Korea were mentioned. Full list will be up in an article later.

Edit: Confirmed limited to one per person.

jgeis on
  • Options
    Also I think this was unknown before but they are also saying that if you preorder or buy a regular (draft) box at your FLGS you'll get a free collector booster "while supplies last."

• Options
    YOOO INSTANT SPEED T VOICE

svzkquko8phm.png

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.