As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV] PATCH DAY! Mark ya spoilers!

• simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    Viera
    I have a duskwight alt on balmung

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    duskwights seem like maybe the rarest people in the game, they barely even get represented as NPCs

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Hyur
    My Hyur Highlander dude (DRG, SAM, GUN, SCH, SMN, MCH) and my Roegadyn Hellguard lady (NIN, MNK, WAR, BRD, DNC, AST) are both solid, no plans to change either of them. My third character (BLM, BLU, RDM, WHM, PAL, DKR) is still in fantasia limbo because I'm unhappy with their current deal from a RP perspective. The only thing I'm absolutely sure of is that #3 won't become a Hrothgar or Viera, until a hypothetical future where the developers commit to actually completing them.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    duskwights seem like maybe the rarest people in the game, they barely even get represented as NPCs

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the villain from the lancer quests.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    turtleant wrote: »

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the villain from the lancer quests.

I think when you first meet laurentius he's having a barfight with an unnamed duskwight?

• AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    Started out as Elezen since that is what I was in FF11, switched to blue catboy for a bit but then did a name change and race change now Arroz Gandules will forever be a brown midlander hyur.

Only thing I tend to change is hair style now and then.

• MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    I regret changing to Au Ra female, but only for one two things, when I walk in cutscenes, my hands look so ...awkward. And I miss the catboi ears....

Oh cool, Asahi is friendly, wants peace, willing to defend kids from trouble.... and most importantly, really cute.
    And noooow he's fucking Zenos follower. Goddamit, my luck with cute guys is horrid.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    I regret changing to Au Ra female, but only for one two things, when I walk in cutscenes, my hands look so ...awkward. And I miss the catboi ears....

Oh cool, Asahi is friendly, wants peace, willing to defend kids from trouble.... and most importantly, really cute.
    And noooow he's fucking Zenos follower. Goddamit, my luck with cute guys is horrid.

Well, you can always use the fox ears...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Miqo'te
    I'm surprised how few people here are planning to switch to viera, I wonder how much the general game population will skew from our local results. I think our miqo'te numbers are pretty comparable to the general population but we seem to have a lot less au'ra than I see walking around.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Well again, I would have

Hyur
    I'm surprised how few people here are planning to switch to viera, I wonder how much the general game population will skew from our local results. I think our miqo'te numbers are pretty comparable to the general population but we seem to have a lot less au'ra than I see walking around.

Yeah, personally I'm on the fence until we see more about the headgear.

Also the racial set is something I'd never use, unlike the Hyur ones (though Miqo'te and Elezen has nice ones too... I wish they'd gone through with removing race restrictions on them... but lalas probably make that a headache).

Miqo'te
    SE doesn't put out hard statistics about race/clan/gender choices anywhere, do they? I wanna see exactly how unpopular the midlander lady run animation makes them.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    I'm one of those odd people who is disappointed in the restrictions on Viera and Hrothgar, but wasn't planning on changing characters anyway.

I've made one change ever to my Lala, and that was to get the pompadour hairstyle when it came out. I still have my free Fantasia.

• BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    Elezen
    SE doesn't put out hard statistics about race/clan/gender choices anywhere, do they? I wanna see exactly how unpopular the midlander lady run animation makes them.

There is XIVCensus, which is fan run but scrapes from Lodestone. I don't remember anything more official.

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    7vigj61eue30.png

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    Miqo'te
    Bloodsheed wrote: »

There is XIVCensus, which is fan run but scrapes from Lodestone. I don't remember anything more official.

dang doesn't break it down by clan though

BahamutZERO.gif
  • AllyxiaAllyxia Registered User regular
    Hyur
    I did plan on making my Wildwood Elezen a Viera but for now he'll be staying an elf

Viera
    There's very few keepers of the moon miqote around also

Npc and pc

Miqo'te
    almost every miqo'te NPC you see who doesn't have a letter-apostrophe "A'bcdef" style first name is a keeper of the moon, most of the miqo'te in Gridania are keepers. Most of them in Ul'dah and Limsa are seekers of the sun though.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    That run's unpopular? I dunno, I found it endearing.
    I'm surprised how few people here are planning to switch to viera
    One of my alts is one that I specifically made last month for the sole purpose of switching it to Viera in July, just because I didn't want to switch any of the others that I'd gotten used to.

• DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    Au'Ra
    Any tips if I'm just starting out in Eureka? Elemental level 5, so I'm way below the threshold for most of the parties, which seems to be the prevailing advice

I want that Trex mount

edited May 2019
    Miqo'te
    SabreMau wrote: »
    One of my alts is one that I specifically made last month for the sole purpose of switching it to Viera in July, just because I didn't want to switch any of the others that I'd gotten used to.

maybe it isn't, I wanna see if it is or not
    to test my bias and such

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    Hyur
    SabreMau wrote: »

maybe it isn't, I wanna see if it is or not
    to test my bias and such

For what it's worth, that's what I play.

Miqo'te
    does the run animation bother you at all? maybe I'm just crazy

BahamutZERO.gif
  • NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    DrDinosaur wrote: »
    Any tips if I'm just starting out in Eureka? Elemental level 5, so I'm way below the threshold for most of the parties, which seems to be the prevailing advice

I want that Trex mount

Send out a shout looking for at least one other player to group with. Do the challenge logs. Its boring, but the most effective way of levelling. You can do it solo but you will get bored in about five minutes. If you're a healer, you can get into a fate group really early as healing isn't effected by level at all.

Once your a decent enough level to get rewards from most fates (like 15) the boxes come fast enough that the T-rex is really easy to get.

Hyur
    does the run animation bother you at all? maybe I'm just crazy

Not really? Kind of used to it at this point probably... since 2.0 at least (can't remember exactly what I used in 1.0)

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Hyur
    I feel like I'm seeing a lot of people running around leveling MCH now.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    Renzo wrote: »
    I feel like I'm seeing a lot of people running around leveling MCH now.

I sure am.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Hrothgar
    Mch is next sheet dragoon for me for sure.

And that's why I can't be a catman unless they fix the helmet/hat thing. That new mch hat is too good

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Mch went from zero interest to "That might be the DPS job I level"

But I'm sure as fuck not gonna bother playing it before the changes hit

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-xvdyJn48s

WE FAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    edited May 2019
    Miqo'te
    Hell yeah
    stormblood's soundtrack hasn't really been wowing me but shadowbringers' definitely has me hyped

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    Hyur
    i'm excited for hells of guitars

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Mch went from zero interest to "That might be the DPS job I level"

But I'm sure as fuck not gonna bother playing it before the changes hit

Yeah, I'm...really curious to see how the MCH and DRG changes shake out.

IKknkhU.gif
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Hrothgar
    SB had some solid, mostly eastern inspired kung fu movie style songs I really liked, but yeah compared to the HW soundtrack it was lack luster

Miqo'te
    I found the far east ambient track kind of grating, just not my kind of thing

BahamutZERO.gif
    Viera
    Drg having final chorus is all I need to keep playing

Hyur
    lots of leaks for my leaky lads

1558916550448.png
    1558916870787.png
    1558917077041.png
    unknown.png
    1558917253138.png
    1558915250099.png
    1558915715068.png
    1558916522100.png
    1558917250194.png
    1558917640627.png