As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

QUILTBAG: It’s Pride Time

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    hell yeah. welcome. don't forget to dilate

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    Hiya LGBT thread. I'm in a hospital bed recovering from lower surgery. After a journey/fight of almost ten years, I am in the proud possession of my very own vagina! Woo! :D 8-) Typing this is tricky with an IV line in one hand! :P

Welcome to the V squad! Your patch and rad jacket are in the mail. Hopefully your stay in the hospital is smooth and your recovery is swift!

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    hell yeah. welcome. don't forget to dilate

God this makes me wince

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    is that where all the rad jackets went

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Update: The pain I'm in combined with this whistling porter/janitor walking around the hallway on the ward is creating quite the surreal experience. I recognise the tune but can't quite remember the title of it.

I think it might be the Twin Peaks theme...

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Whistling music from Twin Peaks within earshot of people on mind altering medication should be illegal

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Yeah, yeesh. Laying here pondering if there is a testicle heaven and if they're in the medical waste incinerator already... Like ashes rising from a bonfire in Dark Souls. I feel my delirium right now is due to a mixture of exhaustion and a whole bunch of different medication...

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Hiya LGBT thread. I'm in a hospital bed recovering from lower surgery. After a journey/fight of almost ten years, I am in the proud possession of my very own vagina! Woo! :D 8-) Typing this is tricky with an IV line in one hand! :P

Welcome to the V squad! Your patch and rad jacket are in the mail. Hopefully your stay in the hospital is smooth and your recovery is swift!

Is that like the reverse of a Members Only jacket?

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Update: The pain I'm in combined with this whistling porter/janitor walking around the hallway on the ward is creating quite the surreal experience. I recognise the tune but can't quite remember the title of it.

I think it might be the Twin Peaks theme...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZwsK36BzcY

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Oh you get a cool jacket?

I should hurry up then.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    Holy Shit @Jedoc that's it! WTF. I am amazed.
    Talk about a tune to mess with patients minds with...

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Oh shit, I was joking. That's terrible!

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Holy Shit @Jedoc that's it! WTF. I am amazed.
    Talk about a tune to mess with patients minds with...

this is literally the worst thing to whistle at a hospital you're employed in.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    It’s a very good song to whistle in empty stairwells though

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I had a very bad night. Last night was the first night my Ex was no longer living with me.

As I sit here on the other side of this I know that everything I have done to chose a life as me was necessary.

The pain of having to now experience life as me and build a person from this wreckage inside, even "alone", is nothing compared to the slow death of myself I perpetuated for 40 years trying to be some version of me that I wasn't.

Bring it on.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    My favorite Bioware writer came out as non-binary on Twitter!

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Haha one of the nurses here is totally into the Witcher on Netflix. We did alternate verses of 'Valley of Plenty' and she wants me to show her how Geralt sounds like on the Switch. :biggrin:

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Less than a week til my first appointment about HRT stuff! Monday morning!

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    So I was poking around a bit trying to find some info on the endo I am seeing on Monday and came across this Position Statement that she co-wrote with several other endos from hospitals around Australia and it's... actually really fucking good?

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Who was it in this thread who, in the last couple months, had some really amazing progress with vocal coaching? Did you use an online trainer?

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    @The Sauce posted some stuff from her training a couple pages back.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    https://musservoice.com/

Online, yeah. I wholeheartedly recommend her.

Looks like she's running a 25% off special this month.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Thank you!

• Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Been a terrible run of news lately in the States. Governments at all levels, including the courts, coming after all of us, with a focus on trans people. They're even going after trans kids. Again.

I'm so ready for this nightmare to end.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Well... I just outed myself to a larger group than I was prepared for.

An acquaintance at a friend's birthday, whom I know had started going by a new name but beyond that hadn't interacted with in a few months mentioned issues with being a masc passing enby on dating platforms and we started discussing frustrations with amab enby life and uh

Well I'm home after that and my body keeps shaking and it's hard to stop

• Options
    edited January 2020
  • Options
    BhowBhow Sunny day, sweeping the clouds away. On my way to where the air is sweet.Registered User regular
    Happy Sunday morning to all the awesome people (and that definitely means YOU). Hugs for all who want one, fistbumps and/or winks for the rest.

E: No, autocorrect, "fistbumps" not "fistula." Definitely not "fistula."

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I feel like you probably shouldn't post other forum members' tweets here

Psykoma on
  • Options
    Psykoma wrote: »
    I feel like you probably shouldn't post other forum members' tweets here
    :question:

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Presumably if Erin wanted to post that here, she would have.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah, posting details like that, even if the original is from a public site, is putting a magnifying glass over some real personal stuff that they may not have intended such scrutiny.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Oh. @Erin The Red do you mind me posting our open twitter conversations here?

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    This is neat. And very gay.
    Four months before her twentieth birthday, Emily Dickinson (December 10, 1830–May 15, 1886) met the person who became her first love and remained her greatest — an orphaned mathematician-in-training by the name of Susan Gilbert, nine days her junior. Throughout the poet’s life, Susan would be her muse, her mentor, her primary reader and editor, her fiercest lifelong attachment, her “Only Woman in the World.”
    Emily Dickinson’s Electric Love Letters to Susan Gilbert

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Well, I leaned into my privilege and the benefit of anonymity at work and made the suggestion that everybody in the company should have preferred pronouns displayed in our signatures.

and the C level that replied didn't reply with outright derision! They actually said it was a good idea, but asking why such a change should apply to everybody and not just those that would care.

My reply was basically, if everybody has it then it's not a new thing to be spotted by somebody who wants something different. It's just the normal thing to see and so the company wouldn't be singling anybody out as being different if they chose to put their pronouns in their email signature.

So... we'll see what happens.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    It's been said before and I'm sure it'll be said again, but fuuuuuuuuuuck Kanye West.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    The Sauce wrote: »
    Been a terrible run of news lately in the States. Governments at all levels, including the courts, coming after all of us, with a focus on trans people. They're even going after trans kids. Again.

I'm so ready for this nightmare to end.

Well hopefully this is some good news from my home state.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2020/1/6/21034801/transgender-parents-illinois-baby-update-birth-certificate-system

Some of the termonology used might be a little iffy?, but seems to be a positive article overall.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

Which one(s)?
    DM me I guess?

• Options

Which one(s)?
    DM me I guess?
    It was was just the tweet about bleeding post op and my reply.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Hey folks.

So. I met someone wonderful over the internet. We met in person for the first time this weekend and did all sorts of Lewd things like hug and hold hands.

Anyway. Long story short I may be Demisexual instead of asexual. Also I never felt this level of gender euphoria as a nonbinary person before my now girlfriend told me I exuded massive nerd butch energy.

So. I’m extremely happy and queer and happy to be queer.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Hey folks.

So. I met someone wonderful over the internet. We met in person for the first time this weekend and did all sorts of Lewd things like hug and hold hands.

Anyway. Long story short I may be Demisexual instead of asexual. Also I never felt this level of gender euphoria as a nonbinary person before my now girlfriend told me I exuded massive nerd butch energy.

So. I’m extremely happy and queer and happy to be queer.

PG-13 forum, you sicko!

(congratulations that's wonderful)

This discussion has been closed.