Options

[Kids] are the best of times, the worst of times

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Ellie loves going to the hardware store and picking out flowers.

We got five more today.

I can't wait until autumn when we can get some bulbs to plant and I can show her how cool that is come spring.

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    For a moment I forgot you were in NZ, so I thought ‘she does know that fall is right now....’

Silly me.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Re: shirts:

Grab the hem on one side with the opposite hand and lift it up until you tickle yourself. Then pull the arm down and out of your sleeve. Repeat on the opposite side. Then remove over your head.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Nope sorry, if you're not taking your shirts off like John Cena, you are fucking up.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    It took me way too long to remember that Americans use the word shirt as a generic term for a top and you didn't all have business casual toddlers.

I blame fresh sleep deprivation

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Yeah, trying to figure out basic things so that you can teach it to the kids is hard. I finally figured out how to teach my daughter how to blow a bubble with gum. I'm keeping these kids in Velcro shoes forever

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Yeah, trying to figure out basic things so that you can teach it to the kids is hard. I finally figured out how to teach my daughter how to blow a bubble with gum. I'm keeping these kids in Velcro shoes forever

Omg yes Velcro shoes are a life saver.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Nope sorry, if you're not taking your shirts off like John Cena, you are fucking up.

I prefer the Hulk Hogan shirt removal technique. Pricier, but far more impressive.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Women do the arms cross and lift up shirt removal. Men do the grab behind the neck and pull forward method.

Nobody knows why.

• Options
    MusicDragonMusicDragon Registered User regular
    For women, if you do the grab behind neck and pull method, then the front of the shirt gets caught on/ bunched up under your boobs. At least that's the issue I've always had with it.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Men can have boobs too... Just saying... I wouldn't personally know.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    You know you’re an adult when the best part of your day is taking your pants off

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Counterpoint : taking someone else's pants off.

Counter-counterpoint : also taking someone else's pants off.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Pretty much as soon as I get home during the workweek I hop in the shower and get pajamas on.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    For women, if you do the grab behind neck and pull method, then the front of the shirt gets caught on/ bunched up under your boobs. At least that's the issue I've always had with it.

I imagine long hair also makes it difficult to take off a shirt that way.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    Does anyone have suggestions for PC games that can be played co-op with a 4 or 5 year old? I just got steamlink setup so playing from the couch is now an option.

• Options
    BlazeFire wrote: »
    Does anyone have suggestions for PC games that can be played co-op with a 4 or 5 year old? I just got steamlink setup so playing from the couch is now an option.

The Lego games are great. I played through the Jurassic World one with my 4-year-old and he loved it.

And not co-op, but the remastered Spyro and Crash Bandicoot trilogies are in the next humble bundle.

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    My kiddo and I put a lot of time into Lego games, particularly Lego Marvel Heroes 'cause it had a nice big city to wander around in and roleplay when not doing missions.

We played a little of Child of Light when she was 4 I think, which was a bit too soon still, but I'm looking forward to going back to it.

Castle Crashers is a relatively simple beatemup we played a bit of at 4-5.

Not co-op but Untitled Goose Game is a pretty big hit.

• Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Another agree for Lego games. I got the Lego Harry Potter games and Lego City Undercover in a bundle a while back and he loves playing those. We've completed the story of Undercover now so when he just wants to wander around the massive open world and cause some damage we play that

I've never heard him laugh so hard as he does when stealing the Old Man's stool in Untitled Goose Game. A close second is him trapping the child in the phone booth with the walkie-talkie and then honking through the door and the other walkie-talkie to get stereo honking

My mum got the Lego Batman games when they were free on EGS so he's working his way through those when he gets picked up from school by them.

Basically anything with little to no consequence when they run off a ledge for the fifteenth time in a row is what you want. They'll also get carried away beating up the bad guys and then wail on your character until death, laughing all the time, so you don't want to have it end the level / run then

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    How to teach your child to take off a shirt:

1. Show them how to grab bottom of shirt with both hands
    2. Tell them to pull the bottom of the shirt up as high as it will go
    3. Tickle the now exposed belly as your child struggles with being trapped inside of the shirt and not being able to see anything
    4. Wait 4 years or until they've figured out how to take it off for themselves

• Options
    We are officially ready for Halloween!

uc9j93t9w4du.jpg
    reaqntrqsbj4.jpg
    1ks9v3w4slac.jpg
    5r0ul7clmn7a.jpg

Also, two more kids books I narrated got uploaded! Spoilered since it's sort of advertising myself and not directly kid related (all 4 here, with the 2 newest ones first). I'll remove them if it's against forum rules to post these.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Eh, I think its OK as long as you combine it with actual poasts and its not going to be a weekly "whatsup heres ya boy MNC Dover with a new vid dont forget to smash like surprise and lemme know in the comments"

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    My favourite part of parenting is the dad jokes.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    I love my son very and I'm really enjoying looking after him whilst my wife goes back to work but I'm so tired :P

Managed a 45 minutes nap whilst he napped. Gonna start doing that more often until I get my energy back.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    SharpyVII wrote: »
    I love my son very and I'm really enjoying looking after him whilst my wife goes back to work but I'm so tired :P

Managed a 45 minutes nap whilst he napped. Gonna start doing that more often until I get my energy back.

Hahaha.. ha... haha... *starts snoring*

Actually, the other day, Sapling was taking a nap, and my wife and I were sitting on the couch eating, and I guess I feel asleep sitting up. Not even leaning back in the couch, just straight up and down.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    SharpyVII wrote: »

Hahaha.. ha... haha... *starts snoring*

Actually, the other day, Sapling was taking a nap, and my wife and I were sitting on the couch eating, and I guess I feel asleep sitting up. Not even leaning back in the couch, just straight up and down.

Ha, I know that feeling!

He's gone to bed at a normal time tonight! A little bit of resistance but he's been down for two hours now.

It's 2315 and I'm wide awake......

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Apparently 4 years ago was when I set up the changing table and got some decorations for Ellie's room.

5 years ago, we moved into the house.

• Options
    osuz6l6tr3r1.jpeg

My sweet Ellie, holding her best friend's baby brother.

She's 3.5 years old, he's 2.5 months.

• Options
    Time for trunk or treat
    60z2dbb5ckpr.jpg

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    My wife said "the fact that men still get to enjoy having their nipples touched despite their uselessness is another example of male privilege".

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Wait, do people actually exist who enjoy having their nipples touched

• Options
    Janson wrote: »

Wait, there are people that don't?!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Having my nipples touched in any fashion stirs feelings of anything from complete indifference to actual nausea in me, I have never liked it

Breastfeeding was tough, I actually avoided the mastitis and swelling that many people suffer, but I did feel pretty nauseated at times

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular

Provided I’ve said sure ahead of time, my wife and only my wife may briefly interact with my nipples if she really wants to. Otherwise they’re one of the most ticklish/sensitive spots and “keep yer mitts off”.

Then again my general rule for most people is “hands off/no touchie”.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Headed to Disney today with the kiddos. Wish us luck!

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »

Make sure you check in to let us know you survived. Godspeed.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »

God speed my friend. I still wake up in a cold sweat when remembering my tour of duty at Mouse World!

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Wait, there are people that don't?!

I'm a dude and I get about as much erotic enjoyment from my nipples being caressed/played with as I do blowing my nose, which is to say absolutely fuck-all. May as well try poking me in the eye with a sharp stick, at least that would get some sort of reaction out of me.

• Options
    Over the weekend, I secured a narration role for an Audible audio book! It’s geared towards kids, although it’s all Aesop’s Fables, so some of the stories might be tough for younger kids.

Then I woke up this morning with another offer to narrate another kids book?! I know I’ve only been doing voice work for a few months, but man, could I actually make something out of this voice over thing?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    That’s awesome!!! Good for you!