As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Elden Ring] Has Shattered (CLOSED SPOILERS)

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    Sword and board.

SWORD AND BOARD.
    again???

I know, I know, it’s disgusting.

I might try that twin blade thingy lots of people used in the network test.

Sword and sword.

SWORD AND SWORD.

Board and board?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Sword and board.

SWORD AND BOARD.
    again???

I know, I know, it’s disgusting.

I might try that twin blade thingy lots of people used in the network test.

Sword and sword.

SWORD AND SWORD.

Board and board?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70Z2t7nq_sU

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    The Elden Ring contains more zones than ever before seen in a From game.

Including;

Poison Swamp
    Toxic Marsh
    Venomous Quagmire
    Contagious Bog
    Blighted Fenland
    Miasmic Bayou
    Baneful Moor
    Corrupted Morass
    Malignant Wetland
    Viral Sump
    Infectious Salina

Please look forward to it!

Just black/green and black/blue dual lands at that as well.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    I just remembered that Power Stance is back in Elden Ring. Now it's time to fulfill my destiny and wield TWO of the smashiest hammers I can find.

Cruor on
  • Options
    AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular
    Give me a threaded cane. Come on From bring back some trick weapons.

Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Give me a threaded cane. Come on From bring back some trick weapons.

I just want D2's bone fist to make a come back.

Something that's going to be interesting is from what we saw in the Network test, ashes of war have taken the place of infusions. A side effect of this is that unique weapons with their own unique weapon art cannot be ash'd. Interested to see how that hits build crafting

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    I think I'm going to go with the Samurai, so that I can do melee but also cheese enemies and bosses with arrows

I'm generally not great at Souls games (my favorite being DS2 since you can actually farm away enemy spawns!), so I'm definitely not above cheesing my way through them. I've seen footage of one open world Elden Ring boss get cheesed by sleep arrows and getting elevation on them, and well, NO SHAME that's probably what I'm going to do too!

what class will YOU pick and why? Here's a handy stat chart:
    e2g96bp2b385.png

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i don't know what mind and arcane are so it's hard to know what stats to dump

vagabond starts with a halberd, i may do that

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular

oh thats a good point, I don't think they've been posted yet:
    2aJWY6B.jpg

https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Stats

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    In my head i'm going to play some sort of Sword and Fire type, so i'm probably aiming at starting with Confessor and gunning for a Dex/Faith build. Though depending on how easy it is to nab starting gear etcera, Wretch holds a fair amount of appeal for sheer stat freedom

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Dexterity all the way baby. While I did enjoy my great hammer run in DS3 it just wasn't quite as satisfying as parry and fast stab action is.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    Dexterity all the way baby.

Don’t objectify me

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

vagabond starts with a halberd, i may do that

Mind is attunement and arcane is luck. Theres some small differences but I think thinking of them like that is a pretty good predictor.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    sounds like arcane might also be the scaling stat for some sort of alternate sorcery like dark magic in the DS's

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    sounds like arcane might also be the scaling stat for some sort of alternate sorcery like dark magic in the DS's

Man if they put Path of Exile-style chaos magic in here (magic based on entropy and rot, all DOT) I would flip my shit.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

Man if they put Path of Exile-style chaos magic in here (magic based on entropy and rot, all DOT) I would flip my shit.

I'm hoping for surprise bloodborne personally

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    I think I'm going to go with the Samurai, so that I can do melee but also cheese enemies and bosses with arrows

I'm generally not great at Souls games (my favorite being DS2 since you can actually farm away enemy spawns!), so I'm definitely not above cheesing my way through them. I've seen footage of one open world Elden Ring boss get cheesed by sleep arrows and getting elevation on them, and well, NO SHAME that's probably what I'm going to do too!

what class will YOU pick and why? Here's a handy stat chart:
    e2g96bp2b385.png

Vagabond!

Because I like his aesthetics the best. And his background story is one that I like and he comes with a sword I can wield with 2 hands.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Yeah, looks like Samurai or Warrior for me. I'm a dex fiend.

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Probably Vagabond from a purely stat-based perspective, since it dumps not-Luck.

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Souls games leveling intimidates me. So many stats. I never use magic or anything because strength, dex and a one or two health related stats and endurance all seem so Important

616610-1.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Souls games leveling intimidates me. So many stats. I never use magic or anything because strength, dex and a one or two health related stats and endurance all seem so Important

Once you look up soft caps it becomes less scary.

It makes things make much more sense when you see where diminishing turns hits so it feels more ok to spread them out a bit more.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Hero for me, gotta get a head start on blasting my strength for double hammer nonsense.

• Options
    I think it might be hero for me. I'm going STR/INT but having a headstart on the stats needed for the big bonk is going to get things moving at the start.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Has it been clarified how summons work? Can you use them anywhere all of the time or what?

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    I'm definitely going down the dex/int line, but I'm not sure who I'm starting with.

Leaning heavily toward Astrologer, but it depends on what starting sorceries he has....

EDIT: And what "arcane" governs, because I'm also interested in the Bandit

Arch on
  • Options
    Wonder if I should play a safe build with plenty of health or just stop at 20 until/unless I feel the pinch in endgame like I usually do for PvE runs now.

• Options
    Arch wrote: »
    I'm definitely going down the dex/int line, but I'm not sure who I'm starting with.

Leaning heavily toward Astrologer, but it depends on what starting sorceries he has....

EDIT: And what "arcane" governs, because I'm also interested in the Bandit

Discovery stat, and probably bleed/poison/some weird kind of magic they haven't announced yet.

• Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Has it been clarified how summons work? Can you use them anywhere all of the time or what?

People summons yeah.

Spirit summons, only in certain areas.

• Options
    I wonder what Death Resistance will be, from the wiki it appears to be the new Curse mechanic where it's a bar that fills up and ends with a death blow. Personally I've never been a fan of it EXCEPT for that DS3 level where you dip your head in candle wax for immunity. I'm hoping there won't be a ton of enemies/locations with it

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Interesting.

I meet the reccomended spec (just) bar CPU. As I have an I5-8400.

I'll wait for some benchmark videos on youtube before I buy.

Also 12GB of ram as the minimum. That's new.

• Options
    edited February 2022
    oh my god

one of these people who got to play 6 hours of the final build of Elden Ring says he was able to equip quickstep (like the thrall axe/dagger weapon art) on a UGS

if it works the same as the DS3 quickstep, it doesn't just have great iframes, it lets you cancel into those iframes earlier in recovery.

Kamar on
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I was eyeballing an upgrade of my CPU to a 5800X and I just might pull the trigger now (I've got a 3600)

Also, super glad I purchased that 32 gigs of RAM.

(I need to buy a new motherboard too because MSI never updated my admittedly dirt cheap board, but I'm going forward with it this afternoon)

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    My computer isn't a monster, but it's nice to finally be back to where I can run anything I want at 1080/60+ and still have room for videos on my other monitor or whatever without my computer chugging.

edit: It'll be so much better than my first time through DS3, where CPU-intensive bonfires could crash my poor Q6600 and then get me stuck in a crash loop when I tried to reload.

Kamar on
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    oh my god

one of these people who got to play 6 hours of the final build of Elden Ring says he was able to equip quickstep (like the thrall axe/dagger weapon art) on a UGS

if it works the same as the DS3 quickstep, it doesn't just have great iframes, it lets you cancel into those iframes earlier in recovery.

I have zero idea what any of this means

but I'm excited

(also yay 60gb)

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Sekiro only needed 13 GB, Dark Souls 3 is 18.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    I was expecting up to 100, so I'm happy

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    el_vicio wrote: »
    I was expecting up to 100, so I'm happy

From games are pretty well optimized when it comes to disk space, this is like 200 gigs in EA bytes

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I’ve been playing ds3 this week and I accidentally used a quick step dagger as my first weapon and now I can’t use anything else. Like I’m a glass cannon ninja boy but I’ll get behind you and shank your ass

I would love to learn to parry but it seems like there’s a ton of frame the enemy attack is doing damage to me and I can’t figure out which/when I need to have my parry connect

I’ve even successfully partied the abyss watched and yet took half damage when I did it. How is that a thing? Basically parry seems insanely difficult in this game and the slightest mistake eats half my health. Maybe it’s more viable in a tankier setup instead of naked dodge boy?

616610-1.png
  • Options
    MovitzMovitz Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Well fuck. I have an i5-7600K and no interest in any other game for the foreseeable future. I have no intention to upgrade.

Crossing my fingers that the 7600K speed 3.8 GHz vs 8400 2.8GHz will make up for the lack of cores (4 vs 6). Thankfully steam has its return policy.

Edit: Jesus, computer hardware prices are insane. Last I was looking at upgrades was ~3-4 years ago. Crypto morons and the semiconductor shortage is really tangible apparently.

Movitz on
This discussion has been closed.