As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Elden Ring] Has Shattered (CLOSED SPOILERS)

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    Bloodhound Knight Darriwil pro strats:
    I'm at level 24 and was chunking him for like a quarter of his health per jump attack and coincidentally nearly all of his attacks can be hopped over.

Second try took like a whole minute.
    That's the one in a limgrave superjail, right?
    His poise isn't great, with the great epee I just full-RT'd him during his spawn, then guard countered him for a stagger and riposte. Then I full-RT'd him during his wakeup, and guard countered him for a stagger and etc etc until dead.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    lmao, the dungeon behind the key forcefield in the starting cave
    I've been doing coop on the boss down there, literally the last 5 hosts I've been summoned by have gotten grabbed and one-shot in the first 15 seconds of the fight. I've done 20 or so attempts so far and it was never this consistent until now.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    oof; i'm in a merchant buying things and all of a sudden i get jerked out because some boss character came riding by and nuked me and the merchant both in one hit....now the merchants dead and I had yet to buy his keys :(

According to the wiki, dead generic merchants should have their wares added to the twins in the hub.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2022
    I've been doing coop on the boss down there, literally the last 5 hosts I've been summoned by have gotten grabbed and one-shot in the first 15 seconds of the fight. I've done 20 or so attempts so far and it was never this consistent until now.

i legit died more to that fucking chariot than any boss in the game

its legitimately impossible for me to be patient im just like EHHH I CAN MAKE IT JUST and then the tip scrapes my left kneecap and im dead

its the marshmallow test of difficulty laser-targeting those with poor selfcontrol, disgusting

also i think u can res dead merchants by doing something at the church of vows but havent tried

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Turtle 🐢 Pope loves you!!!!

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    here is an interesting fact i learned about beastmen railgun snipers; there's an item that
    is supposed to conceal you when crouched and not near enemies, they ignore this and still shoot you in the head from 20 miles away

FFFFFUUUU game

Yeah items lie, there is a trinket that says it'll save you from falling damage, that's a lie it doesn't do shit.
    It'll stop you from taking non-lethal fall damage.

Similarly, double jumping on the horse just before impact stops you taking non lethal fall damage but doesn't do shit about lethal falls

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    here is an interesting fact i learned about beastmen railgun snipers; there's an item that
    is supposed to conceal you when crouched and not near enemies, they ignore this and still shoot you in the head from 20 miles away

FFFFFUUUU game

Yeah items lie, there is a trinket that says it'll save you from falling damage, that's a lie it doesn't do shit.

Similarly, double jumping on the horse just before impact stops you taking non lethal fall damage but doesn't do shit about lethal falls

I've heard it can actually kill you as well; apparently whether fall damage is fatal or not is based on total time in the air before you land; the double jump adds more air time and can move a fall from survivable to instadeath

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

FFFFFUUUU game

I've heard it can actually kill you as well; apparently whether fall damage is fatal or not is based on total time in the air before you land; the double jump adds more air time and can move a fall from survivable to instadeath
    Huh, I wonder if you could wedge yourself between two pieces of that type of geometry that forcibly slides you off it, such that they end up holding you up off the ground for a while, and end up dying when you eventually get loose.

• Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Okay I am dumb, help my understand elden ring staffs:

I have two staffs, both have B int attribute scaling. I get that, that means that like, the more int Int I have the more damage.

One has a sorcery scaling of 152 and one has a sorcery scaling of 60.

However the one with a sorcery scaling of 152 only requires 28 int while the one with a sorcery scaling of 60 requires 52 int?

Is sorcery scaling bad…???

Assuming you have less than 52 INT, the reason it the 52 INT staff has a listed scaling of 60 is because you're getting a huge penalty to scaling due to not meeting the requirements.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    korodullin wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Okay I am dumb, help my understand elden ring staffs:

I have two staffs, both have B int attribute scaling. I get that, that means that like, the more int Int I have the more damage.

One has a sorcery scaling of 152 and one has a sorcery scaling of 60.

However the one with a sorcery scaling of 152 only requires 28 int while the one with a sorcery scaling of 60 requires 52 int?

Is sorcery scaling bad…???

Assuming you have less than 52 INT, the reason it the 52 INT staff has a listed scaling of 60 is because you're getting a huge penalty to scaling due to not meeting the requirements.

It's also not guaranteed that they scale the same with upgrades. And many of the sorc staffs have a special rider, they could be times differently.

Because it's a multi variable problem it may take a bit for all of the math to get sorted.

About upgrade stones:
    According to the wiki (6) stones will be buy able, bringing a weapon to +18. So only past that will you be forced into farming, or maybe hardcapped like in Souls

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    KisidanKisidan Registered User regular
    I've been playing at a heavy load for the entire game because I figured the armour was helping a lot.

Switched up this morning to test out a medium load and obliterated one of the Evergaol assholes who was giving me grief without needing to use any healing items.

Turns out being able to dodge more than a few inches at a time is real helpful. Who knew?

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Kisidan wrote: »
    I've been playing at a heavy load for the entire game because I figured the armour was helping a lot.

Switched up this morning to test out a medium load and obliterated one of the Evergaol assholes who was giving me grief without needing to use any healing items.

Turns out being able to dodge more than a few inches at a time is real helpful. Who knew?

yeah heavy load is brutal. it also smashes your backstep recovery and im pretty sure iframes too which is extra targic

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    i found a vaguely piratey hat!
    it was on one of the plebes lingering underneath a couple of sniping sorcerers immediately after the wolf boss at the academy

took about half an hour to grind out - part of the "aristocrat" garb set. look, was it worth it? patently... no. but i will die a bunch with no armour to roleplay it out for at least ten more minutes

xeefcn1pd28w.jpg

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    55 hours on record, I just found out you can run in this game.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular

i legit died more to that fucking chariot than any boss in the game

its legitimately impossible for me to be patient im just like EHHH I CAN MAKE IT JUST and then the tip scrapes my left kneecap and im dead

its the marshmallow test of difficulty laser-targeting those with poor selfcontrol, disgusting

also i think u can res dead merchants by doing something at the church of vows but havent tried

Boy was it ever satisfying to
    drop one of the exploding pots hanging overhead onto that stupid chariot and fucking kill it dead.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    rennala boss fight 4/5 on the susometer
    im more than just a pretty pair of feet ladies cmon

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

FFFFFUUUU game

Oh no.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I seem to be advancing a few NPC quests. Most of them involve finding someone sobbing over the dead body of a loved one and swearing revenge.
    I am still very concerned about blind grape lady wandering around the very dangerous lake. I found a second grape (so far both grapes have been nearby where she waits) and she's off again without a clue as to where.

• Options
    I finally found how to get onto that cliff cave near the beach.

God that was stressing me.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    bsjezz wrote: »
    i found a vaguely piratey hat!
    it was on one of the plebes lingering underneath a couple of sniping sorcerers immediately after the wolf boss at the academy

took about half an hour to grind out - part of the "aristocrat" garb set. look, was it worth it? patently... no. but i will die a bunch with no armour to roleplay it out for at least ten more minutes

xeefcn1pd28w.jpg
    whatever the prisoner starts with might work if you wanna do the dashing pirate style

• Options
    Fucking hell.

NEVER ASK IF I WANT TO RES THE HORSE JUST FUCKING DO IT.

There are so many irritations to mounted combat that shouldn’t be there.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular

Oh my God! I just realised how much harder that must have been making that bloody chariot trap on myself!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options

FFFFFUUUU game

Huh, I wonder if you could wedge yourself between two pieces of that type of geometry that forcibly slides you off it, such that they end up holding you up off the ground for a while, and end up dying when you eventually get loose.

can confirm this

sliding terrain counts, and u get delayed fall damage, even though torrent will look like he's grounded

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    danxdanx Registered User regular

Holding the run button also speeds up your crouch speed. Not a lot but enough.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Hmm some real stutters in the post elevator area today, much worse than the jitter I had on the Treedude. Maybe it got patched in the wrong direction......

I thought I was done with the area (at least until much later), but I missed a boss checking the wiki......

I did DPS on the puzzle enabled boss as a summon for a total tin can, was fun too see how people can play differently. He just stood there with his greatshield up if an attack came in.

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    I seem to be advancing a few NPC quests. Most of them involve finding someone sobbing over the dead body of a loved one and swearing revenge.
    I am still very concerned about blind grape lady wandering around the very dangerous lake. I found a second grape (so far both grapes have been nearby where she waits) and she's off again without a clue as to where.
    I lost her! I need to go see where she's at. Also I found a dude in a pot, and handing over that medallion turned a lady in a ghost. Wasn't expecting that.

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Patch 1.02.2 for PC available now
    ✔️ Fixed an issue where the graphics card was not being used, resulting in slow performance.
    ✔️ Fixed a bug that caused the game to quit under certain conditions during a battle with the Fire Giant.
    ✔️ Fixed other bugs.

Wait... not being used? As in using the integrated one?

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Drovek wrote: »
    ✔️ Fixed an issue where the graphics card was not being used, resulting in slow performance.
    ✔️ Fixed a bug that caused the game to quit under certain conditions during a battle with the Fire Giant.
    ✔️ Fixed other bugs.

i imagine thats just a translation of the idea of generic "gpu usage" not being optimal on some systems as opposed to people getting the old switcheroo on the integrated surely?

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    Man, I am not having a good time with the zweihander. Feels like needing to wait for bigger openings I'm less likely to get staggers with it than something like a straight sword, even, since stagger bars either deplete over time or reset after a bit.

Also sometimes I can neutral jump attack an immobile enemy I'm already facing and completely whiff, which is...weird. Also feels a lot more likely to not begin a critical animation when I walk up and neutral R1 than anything else, though I can't fathom why that would be.

edit: Like, my character is higher level than anyone else I've fought Godrick with, using a +7 weapon, and it took me like 15 attempts to beat him. I've one or two-shot him on every other character I've fought him with.

Kamar on
  • Options
    FiskebentFiskebent DenmarkRegistered User regular
    It's weird, because if it's using the integrated one, doesn't the monitor need to be plugged into that, rather than the GPU?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    spoiler for rennala boss fight, but it seems like bloodhound quickstep has nearly complete iframes which is nutty
    im legit standing inside her beam? wat. also i deffo fought her a bit late because she went down like lil baby but i assume everybody finds that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeSGxb74Qjo

surfpossum re: crits from behind

100% had that experience. crit detection with ultras is definitely off, ive had so many weird non-detections both on staggered enemies and behind

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    This is the first souls game I have never played multiplayer. Been trying to get summoned for an hour again with no luck :(

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »
    This is the first souls game I have never played multiplayer. Been trying to get summoned for an hour again with no luck :(

During the weekend I could get summoned every few minutes for Margit and Godrick. These last couple of days I didn't get a single summon on PC.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    This Radahn fight is some of the dumbest shit they have ever done in one of these games.

Edit: This is it, this is imo the worst from soft boss ever made. By miles. It topples Defiled Amygdala for shittiest and worst designed boss they have ever done.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    "do 3 invasions"

ok sure

takes 10minutes to find somebody to invade, they dc

second one, they dc

third i get in says "they have completed their objective" and im booted out

counts for the quest tho i guess...

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    This is shit. Absolute 100% shit. Who the fuck thought this should be in the game?
    Now I have to turn the game to offline mode as the millions of messages on the beach combined with my colourblindness mean I can’t fucking see the summon signs!

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Decided to reroll an Astrologer as I've never played a caster build in and FROM games and holy shit this is a very different gaming experience. It's definitely less challenging but also interesting still in that you're a bit of a glass cannon.

Picking up the Meteorite Staff and the rock hurling spells early definitely doesn't hurt either.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    OMG

Having to do Anastasia without getting hit at all due to one-shot-ko. I have gotten her to 1 mm left. Literally any blow. Figure not to rush. Due to camera lock I back up in a fog wall corner and I didn’t even know there was a fog wall around me. Jfc dark souls

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Drovek wrote: »
    ✔️ Fixed other bugs.

i imagine thats just a translation of the idea of generic "gpu usage" not being optimal on some systems as opposed to people getting the old switcheroo on the integrated surely?

No, genuinely just used integrated graphics. You could go and edit a bunch of windows config shit to get it to use your actual graphics card. This patch stops that happening

• Options
    edited March 2022
    This boss is why I will never play this game ever again once I finish. I never want to do that fight ever again.

Edit: Got him!

Aegeri on
This discussion has been closed.