As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] 3.11 is Harvest, aka Plants Vs Exiles aka Come On And Slam League

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    I kind of like the way this Dominating Blow+Chaber Cairn+Baron necromancer I've put together in PoB sounds, but I dread it feeling awful to actually play.

Do minions feel responsive and effective, or does it always feel like there's a big delay on your damage because they drag their asses?

I guess it depends on whether any of the minions I'd have (Sentinels of Dominance and Purity and Zombies Skeletons and a (Chaos?) Golem, I guess) have aggressive AI?

they do but there are a couple things u can do

first is that desecrate/offerings sends a "move to this location" instruction to minions not currently actively bashing somebody so u can herd ur minions around using this

the second is that if u have ranged spectres / ranged golems with the "golems are aggressive" jewel then they will shit on everything they can see

the third is going necro means u get reduced convocation cd, so high level high quality convocation can be used frequently after u have used engagement movement skills to make sure ur minious bois are always with u

broadly the sentinels of dominance are pretty fookin aggressive, as are the zombies these dayz

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    I dislike the implementation of most of celestial; it obscures information, the space bitmap doesn't respond or get lit by anything happening around it, etc. It just looks so wrong.

I'm sure it sells like hotcakes though.

Yeah but the cat is awesome.

• Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    Melee skeletons are agressive as hell, which is a big part of why they're my favorite summon. You can cast them in front of you and they basically become an expanding shield wall of death. Everything else I've used does feel like you need to drag them around a bit, but yeah there are ways around that.

And god damnit yes they are 100% nerfing ED now. The last 3 fresh MTX I've bought were immediately nerfed next league, the rumors are true!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Next time I get some extra money I'm buying a full set of celestial stuff. Armor, cape, character effect, weapon and shield skin, weapon effects, footsteps, everything.

Going to obscure the entire goddamned screen with outer space

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    todays finds! low tier alch and go is insane with legion mechanic

big league for rigwalds!!!
    COKA8rX.png

these are all strands and burials

uGvyL8l.png

cash money fresh splinters + raw currency
    En1yWZF.png

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    I have been trying some different builds and think I finally found one that I will be able to focus on for a couple of weeks. Reached 38 with an Incinerate/CwC/Volatile Dead Chieftain thing and it is getting silly. Especially if I lay down some Desecrate before I start channeling Incinerate.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Once consoles get the fix for Bladestorm's not hitting on cast I kind of want to turn my Cyclone beserker into Cyclone CoC bladestorm. Consistent increased MS when I'm clearing and 15% more AS on bosses.

Carpy on
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Putting aside all the builds I've been making for fun that will end up not going anywhere for a while, I'm looking at my Elementalist nodes and I can't figure out what to take.

Like, SoD and BoR and PoC and LotP and MoD and PoD all seem good.

I guess my 100% ignite chance and low ignite damage make SoD and BoR less valuable, maybe?
    Immunity to reflect seems sort of mandatory, since I do 100% fire.
    Another golem and better buffs on those two golems seems good.
    Fire pen, better HoA buff, and reduced reserve seems like a no-brainer

So I guess I'm leaning Liege Discord Calamity?

PoB doesn't seem to be simulating the effects of Conflux or the improved golem buffs from Liege, but unless the shock buff is bigger than I think the consistency of the extra golem+stronger golem effect must be better?

Here's my monstrosity if anyone is curious https://pob.party/share/orititeaniurom

Kamar on
  • Options
    Rius wrote: »
    I dislike the implementation of most of celestial; it obscures information, the space bitmap doesn't respond or get lit by anything happening around it, etc. It just looks so wrong.

I'm sure it sells like hotcakes though.

Yeah but the cat is awesome.

That's how they got me last league! That god damn awesome celestial cat Soulrend.

Granted the nerf wasn't too bad, but it still counts!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Man this league's challenges are actually so easy. I'm at 29 and it's only been 2 weeks.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    Putting aside all the builds I've been making for fun that will end up not going anywhere for a while, I'm looking at my Elementalist nodes and I can't figure out what to take.

Like, SoD and BoR and PoC and LotP and MoD and PoD all seem good.

I guess my 100% ignite chance and low ignite damage make SoD and BoR less valuable, maybe?
    Immunity to reflect seems sort of mandatory, since I do 100% fire.
    Another golem and better buffs on those two golems seems good.
    Fire pen, better HoA buff, and reduced reserve seems like a no-brainer

So I guess I'm leaning Liege Discord Calamity?

PoB doesn't seem to be simulating the effects of Conflux or the improved golem buffs from Liege, but unless the shock buff is bigger than I think the consistency of the extra golem+stronger golem effect must be better?

Here's my monstrosity if anyone is curious https://pob.party/share/orititeaniurom

Elementalist is in a bad spot for several reasons, but even before the nerf to prolif there was no good reason to take the anti reflect + leech node. Several other Ascendancies suffer from the same problem, where the dominant choices mean that other strong ones are just not viable

Slayer until this patch was the same way. Occultist without Wicked Ward is kind of there: Vile Bastion rules out either Malediction or one of the DoT clusters, and if you're not a Chaos or Cold based Occultist you might as well just skip Uber Lab. Old Occultist had 3 viable paths but no real reason to take just a 2 pointer, which is something a lot of Ascendancies suffer from.

Trickster is an example of doing it right: nearly every build can use Swift Killer, Weave the Arcane, and Patient Reaper, all strong 2 pointers. Ghost Dance and Escape Artist are strong enough choices to build around, but by no means mandatory (especially if you're not building any evasion rating). Most builds will want either Harness the Void or Prolonged Pain. There's nothing in there that makes you immediately know which 4 notables you want and might as well forget the others. My only critique is that Harness is probably strong enough to be a 4 pointer, and Prolonged Pain isn't, but that wouldn't actually change the routing for anything.

New Slayer is good now. Champion is a bit rough since the taunt branch and adrenaline are so ridiculous that getting Fortification feels subpar, but they're all good nodes. JUGG is one damage choice and 6 beefcake options you can't go wrong with. Necro is sort of underpowered overall but every choice is viable depending on the type of minion build you want to be. Chieftain looks nice but I have yet to see something really great with it that isn't totems. Gladiator sort of made Challenger necessary which makes Outmatch and Outlast look awful by comparison, and makes going for a block build force you out of taking bleedsplosions.

I'm interested to see how further reworks play out. I like when Ascendancies don't enforce a single style of play - things like Necromancer excepted because summoner is such a distinct archetype - and recent reworks to Trickster, Deadeye, and Slayer indicate that GGG wants support for diverse builds.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    What are the mechanics for skills granted by items? If I have allelopathy that gives me blight, does that blight get affected by the gems in allelopathy, or do I have to put a blight gem in there anyway if I want bonuses?

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Skills granted by items are supported by gems socketed in that item, and it's not required to link the item. So yeah, in that Allelopathy you can put Infused Channeling + Efficacy + Controlled Destruction + Swift (or Void) and have a 5L level 22 Blight.

It was by far and away the best way to run Blight until Vaal Blight came out, and now it's a question of whether or not you want the utility of a 4L Vaal Blight.

If you want Vaal Blight but still want that level 22 action, you can run a The Vertex helm and put a level 21 Vaal Blight in there.

• Options
    I just put my Vaal Blight in my Allelopathy and run a 4L Vaal Blight and a 4L level 22 Blight.

• Options
    Man, this game starts getting hard around act 6, it's nice. Now I'm scrambling to pay attention to resists and life on gear and improve them lol

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »
    Man, this game starts getting hard around act 6, it's nice. Now I'm scrambling to pay attention to resists and life on gear and improve them lol

Yeah, if you're not paying attention to resists it starts to really hurt when they debuff them all in Act 6 and beyond. Luckily it's not too hard to fix if you're paying attention to it and ID'ing rings and such. If you have even a small amount of currency you're welling to spend, you can probably find decent rares for an alc and some 1c leveling uniques with solid resists.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Fiatil wrote: »
    Darmak wrote: »

Yeah, if you're not paying attention to resists it starts to really hurt when they debuff them all in Act 6 and beyond. Luckily it's not too hard to fix if you're paying attention to it and ID'ing rings and such. If you have even a small amount of currency you're welling to spend, you can probably find decent rares for an alc and some 1c leveling uniques with solid resists.

I'm playing SSF, but I'm also finding and crafting enough stuff that I'm not doing too badly.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    lets not bury the lead here

8BHC3K7.png

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Get seven more so I can have one too!

I'm seeing some people say they've done a thousand burials and haven't gotten a Doctor this league, they made them crazy rare

• Options
    I found 3 last league, not even going to try this go around, gonna spam T16 Strands instead.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Oh ffs which streamer started using Kintsugi?

• Options
    Aktn BstrdAktn Bstrd Registered User regular
    Just so everyone knows you can get some free cosmetics from twitch prime right now until the 24th.

• Options
    also some decent little loots
    the one time this card is worth a fair bit!

n1AgS9X.png

ive gotten about 4 or 5 of the corrupted upg's, been decent money makers at low tiers!

dTbWlUI.png

you gotta love to see this, look at all that maraketh!!!

pyMAIyy.png

a completely unethical legion drop talisman. i think i have to use this!

GLFJI5u.png

big dump tab currency clearing, the # of raw currency from legion is pretty OP, even at very low tiers (im doing alch ans go t4 strands t5 burials)

IxPR8a0.png

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Why does your game look super pixelated, but your UI looks normal?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    My work laptop make everything look like a bob ross painting

You can do it too, lowest settings and enable dynamic resolution

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    My work laptop make everything look like a bob ross painting

You can do it too, lowest settings and enable dynamic resolution

Hey, if it works, it works!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Whats the inherent difference between 1h and 2h cyclone range?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    What are the mechanics for skills granted by items? If I have allelopathy that gives me blight, does that blight get affected by the gems in allelopathy, or do I have to put a blight gem in there anyway if I want bonuses?

Rius explained this for 99% of scenarios. Socket supports in the item -even unlinked - and they support the skill

There are some one offs that work differently. Some of this may have changed recently though.

-Soulwrest lets you double the maximum number of phantasms if you socket another Phantasm Support gem in it.

-Null's Inclination also had some weird interaction with how you could give non minion skills the minion tag via Phantasm Support so you could cast them, but I believe they changed that

-Death's Oath can be supported by Arcane Surge to give it a Spell tag so you can add supports like Controlled Destruction.

-Ngamahu's Flame does some weird things with the fire bursts but typically you just support them with damage gems.

-Socketing Empower doesn't work because it increases gem level, and the source of the skill isn't a gem. Enhance also doesn't work since it affects gem quality and these innate skills can't get quality. Enlighten doesn't work either, the gem says this explicitly.

-Hungry Loop is a whole metagame in and of itself and I wish I had more reasons to ever use it. It's hilarious but has such a huge opportunity cost.

-Items with support gem affixes give a socketed skill their mana multiplier in addition to the normal effects, which can do things like accidentally make your auras reserve more mana than you want.

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    I know you can't support aspects with Enlighten, I don't know about more generic auras like Envy though.

• Options
    Actually it can't. It specifies that it can't support skills that don't come from gems. I'll correct that.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    Yikes. After some trouble I decided to go tried and true and went Vortex Occultist. Oops. The leveling was fine but now I'm in maps and instead of being slow but tanky I'm slow but not tanky. I went CI because that's what you do but where my rule used to be 8K es before you leave white maps, it looks like I'm gonna have to drop that to 6K. The only D an Occultist has is ES so I'm running a Granite but this build has gone from fire and forget to constant fear. Skipped a Syndicate Research Lab which is anathema. Haven't even thought about Legion. Had to take a break from this terror. Now leveling a Trickster again. Thinking on Jugg. I want the tankiest tanky tanky that can kill stuff while running away.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    I'm thinking about farming Porcupine cards. Is this still a thing?

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    For what it's worth my trickster feels way tankier than my jugg felt this league. I can zip around Legions on t16 and as long as I don't sit in shit I'm good on my trickster. On my jugg I was constantly running away from the legion rares at t16 though my Jugg's gear was not very good.

• Options
    I'm thinking about farming Porcupine cards. Is this still a thing?

They're about 8c each on Softcore Legion atm. I've been selling them at 60c for a stack of 6. They're decently in demand for +level ED bows.

• Options
    Deathless Uber Elder down, never even got hit. Nice build Rius!

PoB has ED at 658k and Blight at 58k.

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Had some crazy luck and got 4 ex to drop last night.

Now I just have to decide if I want to spend all my money on my Ice Shot/Barrage voidfletcher deadeye or fund a new character that can be my money dump for the rest of the league. Upgrades for the voidfletcher would be going from 5 to 6 links on two items, which would be huge... but this thing already farms everything up to and including Shaper. I'd feel a bit squishy for Uber Elder, but no amount of money is really going to change that.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I feel like maybe I should wait until I get a little higher to switch to impale for my cyclone scion. Or something. Legion feels like it's a slog just trying to unlock the mobs.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Yilias wrote: »
    Deathless Uber Elder down, never even got hit. Nice build Rius!

PoB has ED at 658k and Blight at 58k.

Congrats! Those are bigger numbers than I have, I think; did you set Wither stacks to 15 or are you using a bow or something?

• Options
    Level 24 gem. Impresence and a master crafted wand were significant upgrades. Impresence in particular meant I could cut Charisma and Sovereignty for Arcane Swiftness and Arcane Guarding.

• Options
    Oh, I never finished leveling my empower to 3/4, that'll be a big chunk of it I reckon.

I always thought of Impresence as a way to add Temp Chains, but using it to reclaim a bunch of passives is also a great idea.

This discussion has been closed.