As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] 3.11 is Harvest, aka Plants Vs Exiles aka Come On And Slam League

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    I think that is smart, even though it might reduce the impact of the release a bit. Much less can go wrong when you don't cram in all the new stuff at once.

• Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Fuck I need to do Shaper/Elder/Uber Elder before the end of the league lol
    Maybe I'll just pick up one of my guys from Standard and do it there

Can someone explain this requirement to me. I don't think I've ever killed Uber Elder either although I know I'm there having died plenty times to Uber Elder.

The Shaper/Elder storyline is being removed in 3.9 in about 3 weeks. It's being replaced by an entirely new Atlas system with it's own storyline about how the Exiles that killed Elder went mad with power and took over the Atlas.
    Shaper/Elder/Uber will still be available, but with no more linear path to them, the Guardians will now be random rare Zana missions for Shaper and random map bosses for Elder. I've never done them, so I've never gotten any of the story or done the fights.

So it's a lore thing. Not having actually completed Uber Elder won't impact anything otherwise (say like unlocking Scion in Act 3).

Yeah p much this.

I'd kill the shaper for the cheevo

I thought the final map Zana mod for the given challenge league was locked behind Uber Elder?

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Bow Glad with bleeds and challenger charges, Bow Champ with impales, Bow Slayer with leech and 20 % culling. I have no idea what will be better given the need to also do fast mapping, have tankiness, what strong uniques have stronger synergy with the potential build etc. There is also Deadeye of course but that only has generic projectile supports and Rupture.

Edit: Bow Glad kind of only makes use of six of the eight ascendancy points though.

Absalon on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Absalon wrote: »
    Bow Glad with bleeds and challenger charges, Bow Champ with impales, Bow Slayer with leech and 20 % culling. I have no idea what will be better given the need to also do fast mapping, have tankiness, what strong uniques have stronger synergy with the potential build etc. There is also Deadeye of course but that only has generic projectile supports and Rupture.

There could also be some Deadeye/Raider reworks. Powerful precision and Gathering Winds aren't anything to sneeze at. Ranger hasn't been touched since, what, Herald of Agony was released?

Edit: Deadeye hasn't been touched since 3.2, Raider has literally never been touched.

jungleroomx on
  • Options

There could also be some Deadeye/Raider reworks. Powerful precision and Gathering Winds aren't anything to sneeze at. Ranger hasn't been touched since, what, Herald of Agony was released?

Edit: Deadeye hasn't been touched since 3.2, Raider has literally never been touched.

If Raider or Deadeye get some interesting changes (Ballista passives maybe?) those are options too, but I have played squishy but evasive Rangers a couple of times now and I've never played a bow Duelist.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

If Raider or Deadeye get some interesting changes (Ballista passives maybe?) those are options too, but I have played squishy but evasive Rangers a couple of times now and I've never played a bow Duelist.

That's fair. I think we'll see some ballista passives on the Deadeye (Add them in to the pierce/ricochet passives).

I did an impale bow champ last league but it felt a lot like my bleed raider, really good but not good enough for T15+ without some serious exalts.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I sort of ballparked a deadeye build with impale and it looked like the tree wasn't too weird. Although its kind of annoying that half the tree as is is behind Far Shot, which is counter productive if you grab Point Blank.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

They did shuffle some numbers on raider last patch but nothing major

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Raider is pretty good. I played a cold based Lightning Arrow Raider in Betrayal with the frenzy harbinger bow and Hyrri's Ire that had capped dodge/spell dodge and 6k life.

If Raider is buffed like ascendancies from the past few leagues it will be insane.

• Options
    Heffling wrote: »
    Raider is pretty good. I played a cold based Lightning Arrow Raider in Betrayal with the frenzy harbinger bow and Hyrri's Ire that had capped dodge/spell dodge and 6k life.

If Raider is buffed like ascendancies from the past few leagues it will be insane.

In Blight I went with Cobra Lash, Pathfinder out the gate, but a huge change in 3.8 that kind of went under the radar was that it was no longer really viable to map without killing the boss.

I had a great clear speed with Pathfinder, but switching to Raider, I found that the clear speed was almost exactly as good, while still being really survivable.

I will say that getting 6K life on Rangers is an expensive proposition.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Puncture+Barrage with Ensnaring and so on is going to make single target a cakewalk for a Duelist bleed bow, especially with a well-placed Lioneye's Fall. Picking an ascendancy is going to be horribly tough though.
    Slayer: Bane and Fervour. Just leech, culling, no reflected phys and extra damage against rares/bosses will always be useful. Quite reliant on leech.
    Gladiator: Gratuitous Violence and Challenger. Great clearing and easy bleed damage with maim and blind, but the Uber Lab points are rendered almost useless. However: Rearguard and a Lioneye's Fall in the right place can give a bunch of block together with Painforged.
    Champion: Looks the best for now. Worthy Foe makes accuracy much less relevant, Master of Metal for better hits and bleeds, Inspirational. More impales for bigger hits and bleeds, Dread or War Banner and HoP to get minions and extra damage.

Absalon on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    what are those ascendancy names they seem unfamiliar

i thought there was only necromancer, occultist and elementalist?

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Puncture+Barrage with Ensnaring and so on is going to make single target a cakewalk for a Duelist bleed bow, especially with a well-placed Lioneye's Fall. Picking an ascendancy is going to be horribly tough though.
    Slayer: Bane and Fervour. Just leech, culling, no reflected phys and extra damage against rares/bosses will always be useful. Quite reliant on leech.
    Gladiator: Gratuitous Violence and Challenger. Great clearing and easy bleed damage with maim and blind, but the Uber Lab points are rendered almost useless. However: Rearguard and a Lioneye's Fall in the right place can give a bunch of block together with Painforged.
    Champion: Looks the best for now. Worthy Foe makes accuracy much less relevant, Master of Metal for better hits and bleeds, Inspirational. More impales for bigger hits and bleeds, Dread or War Banner and HoP to get minions and extra damage.

Why run barrage and ensnaring? Ensnaring only benefits if you don't take stacking bleeds, and if the bleeds don't stack there's no need for barrage.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Etiowsa wrote: »

Why run barrage and ensnaring? Ensnaring only benefits if you don't take stacking bleeds, and if the bleeds don't stack there's no need for barrage.

Theres some bleed builds that utilize the extra damage from ailments to do some serious dmg, so the barrage isn't stacking bleeding, its impaling a bleeding enemy and stacking mad physical dmg. It ends up being more akin to shock than poison.

jungleroomx on
  • Options

Theres some bleed builds that utilize the extra damage from ailments to do some serious dmg, so the barrage isn't stacking bleeding, its impaling a bleeding enemy and stacking mad physical dmg. It ends up being more akin to shock than poison.

That's fine, but it still doesn't explain ensnaring shot in the build.

• Options

That's fine, but it still doesn't explain ensnaring shot in the build.

Put them in a ranged totem, stops enemies and gives you 20% more damage.

More like why not?

• Options
    Ah, I didn't know it amped damage as is. makes sense now.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    CrownoftheInwardEye.jpg

A rare helm is a bit of a trade-off.

Absalon on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    So you're gaining +30% converted from two sources (Mana & Life for Attacks, Mana & ES for Spells).

Assuming a 200% life (184% from build + 16% from the helm, & 100% increased mana from tree which is probably the harder bit), you gain +60% Attack Damage & +30% Damage. Higher than that for ES builds, but I don't play ES builds and don't know what their typical +ES% values look like aside from being more than life typically.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Aegis wrote: »
    So you're gaining +30% converted from two sources (Mana & Life for Attacks, Mana & ES for Spells).

Assuming a 200% life (184% from build + 16% from the helm, & 100% increased mana from tree which is probably the harder bit), you gain +60% Attack Damage & +30% Damage. Higher than that for ES builds, but I don't play ES builds and don't know what their typical +ES% values look like aside from being more than life typically.

It's not terribly difficult to hit 10k ES

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »

it also gives at least 16% life, mana, and ES, which is nothing to sneeze at.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    What're the (relatively) good melee skills at the moment? Poe.ninja suggests there's 'Cyclone' and then 'everything else sucks' but I've always though spin attacks looked goofy so I can't run Cyclone.

Could I do something like, uh, Wild Strike elementalist without being horribly weak?

Or some sort of CWC Blade Flurry thing?

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    What're the (relatively) good melee skills at the moment? Poe.ninja suggests there's 'Cyclone' and then 'everything else sucks' but I've always though spin attacks looked goofy so I can't run Cyclone.

Could I do something like, uh, Wild Strike elementalist without being horribly weak?

Or some sort of CWC Blade Flurry thing?

Most melee skills feel pretty good right now, as you can stutter step. I would stay away from ‘strike’ skills as they feel clunky without berserker or very high attack speed

Any melee build can go pure phys, stack impale effect and dread banner, and will demolish the atlas

Cyclone is definitely the best feeling and easiest to play melee skill. It scales great, has powerful supports (infusion, pulversize, impale) and works with almost any ascendancy

Cwc is generally not worth it, as you would need to scale a second skill. BF is very powerful without cwc

Elementalist is not amazing at melee, especially since the prolif nerf. Im sure @surrealitycheck could give you some stupid fun advice however

Wildstrike is incredibly powerful with the lightning chain enchant helm, however its stupid expensive. Blocking 2 elements and just rolling slayer/champ/serker/jugg will feel great however.

Melee got super buffed in 3.7, and its off meta currently so its pretty cheap to hit 1-2m shaper dps on most builds, which is more than enough for all content besixe deep delves

EQ, and vaal eq especially feel amazing after their buffs and you will feel like a monster just one shotting things

Im personally a big fan of ground slam and stun oriented builds, so much that i even had a fiv card and wrote a guide for it

Shameless self promotion
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2618769/page/1

If you have more questions i can definitely help

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    literally every attack build is viable
    its just gear and sensible defensive choices. if gear is a problem then careful map selection and decent defensive cooldown usage will get u well into red maps before having to invest a single chaos in anything
    i mean i did like 10+ red maps with 2k life and 800 es and 0 in 2 resistances as a smite/glacial hammer occultist literally using a 20-30 phys damage 6.5 crit staff dying maybe twice to tanking boss mechanics without turning on brane, the way the game works atm u can basically do wat u want especially if u are willing to write the occasional death off to random mechanics. key thing for squishy builds is just have something with freeze, blind, aoe slow, budget choices are eg temp chains enfeeble, sensible defensive %dr skill like steelskin, etc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQQeP68FrDo&feature=youtu.be
    basically any single target namelock skill can be made spicy and with the animation changes nothing really feels icky. pick the skill u like the most and class depending u can always turn it into a clearspeed monster by abusing explosion mechanics
    if u really need clear then u can even do dumb things like this...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2lZ9dlq3Ys&feature=youtu.be
    where u just use a bunch of duration skills (static strike, vaal earthquake, etc) and put coc setups on them of an appropriate kind and use them to run around killing everything while u use ur precious single target skill for the occasional big boi. basically u can do wat u want dont let them stop u

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    CrownoftheInwardEye.jpg

A rare helm is a bit of a trade-off.

This is crazy good for mana stacking mom warbringer berserker

Something like 4.5k heal rvery 1.8s, on top
    Of 104% attack damage

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Ive been eyeing an infernal blow for clear and ancestral warchief for bossing serker for starting 3.9

Big splosions, huge single target and dirt cheap in the bow meta

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    During the off season I've been playing a bit of D3. It's been a few years.

I mean, yeah, it's p fun, but I already miss all the crazy customization/planning/execution of PoE. Plus there's only 1 endgame, and that's grinding out Greater Rifts. I think it may end up being another few years.

And this is a Bow league! I have never been present for a league where bows get some love, and it's my favorite build type, so yay!

• Options
    https://youtu.be/nwF4XdRCA4g

Showing the gems in action. Focus on puncture is interesting.

• Options
    Puncture+Barrage helps with the atk speed penalty for the former, which will help with single target a bunch.

• Options
    Puncture+Barrage helps with the atk speed penalty for the former, which will help with single target a bunch.

Puncture/Barrage is gonna be nasty af for Impale

• Options
    Exactly what I've been thinking. Both Gladiator and Champion can go far with that.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Exactly what I've been thinking. Both Gladiator and Champion can go far with that.

Deadeye with a Crimson Storm bow and crit focus is probably going to be my build depending on a few things (mostly if the ballista supports get some love on the ascendancies), but I can see me rolling a Champion as well.

This is the league my damn Crimson Storm build becomes completely endgame viable.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    imagine thinking ur doing a build that doesnt use doedres skin, a bunch of minions and uh wolves with...
    *spins dial*
    winters breath and double strike. yes
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQxpxdO8Y_A&feature=youtu.be
    japes aside maybe theres something funny and fun to be done with barrage and bow ele hit if it rolls the new element between ticks
    or... mine... wand... ele hit? barrage and the multiple detonation minez for MAXIMUM SPAM. presumably arrow nova doesnt work with wands as that with kb would have been EXTREMELY FUKED UP. also barrage power siphon for blue goo, i wonder how the auto-targeting works

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

I mean, yeah, it's p fun, but I already miss all the crazy customization/planning/execution of PoE. Plus there's only 1 endgame, and that's grinding out Greater Rifts. I think it may end up being another few years.

And this is a Bow league! I have never been present for a league where bows get some love, and it's my favorite build type, so yay!

Funny, I've been playing Grim Dawn since I never touched it before.

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    user wrote: »

Funny, I've been playing Grim Dawn since I never touched it before.

How has Grim Dawn been?

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Zizaran is streaming from GGG headquarters right now, interviewing Chris and other devs and new 4.0 gameplay:

Chris teases a neat thing: https://clips.twitch.tv/SillyDiligentEggplantPlanking

• Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    I think I'm going to make a Siege Ballista build next league, viability be damned. I always get that one bow eventually. (maybe arctic breath or wand/kinetic blast to see what they're about)

akirasig.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    So I've caught the late season PoE bug, and want to try to beat shaper on my incredibly fancy skellymancer before they nerf my skellymancer and change the end game.

Does anyone have a buncha red maps they would be willing to part with in blight league? I'm down to buy them in bulk if so. I'll be around later this evening after I finish Thanksgiving-ing, and for the rest of the weekend.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    they wont nerf summons

theyre not nerfable really the way they are structured now

u will be able to faceplant next leauge with ur delishush minions

obF2Wuw.png
This discussion has been closed.