As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Overwatch] Thread: June Joust Starts May 21

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    BTW Thursday on Watchpoint

ZWZ8u8l.png

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I feel the Overwatch league was the wrong direction for the game because the overall fun of playing it tanked as there are people who even In QP with the attitude this is serious! with others throwing the match

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    You think that wouldn't be true without Overwatch League? Haaaaaaaaaaa

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I feel the Overwatch league was the wrong direction for the game because the overall fun of playing it tanked as there are people who even In QP with the attitude this is serious! with others throwing the match

On the contrary, I think the game is even more enjoyable having seen what the absolute best are capable of and learning the game better myself.

• Options
    SirToasty wrote: »

On the contrary, I think the game is even more enjoyable having seen what the absolute best are capable of and learning the game better myself.

I don't think they are the absolute best

• Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular

Yeah but they're sure as heck a lot better than me so there's still plenty to learn

• Options

Who is?

• Options

Who is?

Everyone has their high and low moments

• Options

Who is?

Everyone has their high and low moments

I don't really understand. I'm talking about the OWL as a whole. It's absolutely the highest level of play.

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Super looking so sad makes it even sweeter

You misspelled Sinatra

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Einzel wrote: »
    Super looking so sad makes it even sweeter

You misspelled Sinatra

So did you. :razz:

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    I know what I'm about.

• Options
    I forgot the Overwatch league uses the not current builds of characters
    So they still get the Op Brigitte

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular

Er, not really? OWL is a patch behind so there are a few major changes for other characters that aren't in, but Brigitte hasn't been touched in months, and the OWL version of her is the same as live.

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    DDing and Coma are streaming right now

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options

The only hero that plays differently in OWL from live is McCree (and a few small changes in others like Orisa) since that was the most recent patch. It'll be live for stage 4.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I'm getting a little better with Orisa. A little.

https://youtu.be/3dgdRtMGrEk

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    torb 👀👀👀👀💦💦💦💦💦

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Only 4 new legendaries? Things must have been rough over there the last 6 months

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    wrecking lucio ball

CALLED

THAT

SHIT.

:cool:

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    @Baidol are you back from vacation yet

it is time

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I am back for a few days starting tomorrow night and then away for another week.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Only 4 new legendaries? Things must have been rough over there the last 6 months

I'd have to guess that a lot of the artists are working on Overwatch 2 for the time being. If that's announced in November, it'll be out next year, so we'll probably see limited events like this until after that's out.

Of course OW2 will probably have a ton of exclusive cosmetics that you only get for OW1 (assuming OW2 is the rumored PVE expansion rather than a full reboot of the OW1 MP) by buying OW2.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    LUCIOBALLLLLLLLLL

• Options
    STILL SUUCCCKKKS

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    SORRY YOU DON'T LIKE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN

• Options
    I GOT TORBEACH IN MY FREE BOX AWW YISSSSSS

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    You know, I agreed with the role thing in Mystery Heroes comment previously, but I have changed my mind. Keep that Arcade mode chaotic, I love it this way. 4 Torbs? Fine. 2 Orisa and 3 Bastion? Bring it. The fun and interesting thing for me is trying to figure out how to beat random comps against random comps with zero team communication.

Also people getting tilted in that mode is very funny to me.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Mystery heroes is by far the most tilting game mode. I can't understand how so many people have the mental stamina for it to be a permanent game mode.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    You need to be able to laugh at the absurdity. Sometimes you lose and there's absolutely nothing you could've done and that's fine.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Yeah I just view it as a chance to practice whatever hero it decides to throw at me

Like I would never pick Hammond in QP or certainly comp because his playstyle is just so alien to me, but when I get him in MH now I spend my life looking at good grapple spots, getting used to the momentum, whatever. If I happen to win or live longer than a minute or two, so much the better!

That being said, I've definitely gone on like 8-9 game losing streaks, or I'll go like 5-12, and I'm just trying to get my damn boxes goddammit just let me win one!

• Options
    Mystery heroes is for just, I guess in my case, having fun and not worrying about winning at all.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    edited July 2019

I had heard about this but never saw any confirmation. Fragi is an interesting choice but I suppose they may want to use Rio for Ball and Fragi for Rein. Bischu is a solid pickup in general and Hotba can flex to some other things pretty well.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    they traded kyb to fusion as part of the deal, i hope this way all three of them get some play time cos i like all of them

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Mystery heroes is by far the most tilting game mode. I can't understand how so many people have the mental stamina for it to be a permanent game mode.

I feel like the best solution would be to have both Balanced (for whatever definition of “balance” the community chooses) and True Random. And then you can add a button on top of both of those for Shortest Queue which would throw you into either mode if you’re feeling extra flexible.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    they traded kyb to fusion as part of the deal, i hope this way all three of them get some play time cos i like all of them

most people are speculating that kyb is strictly going to be a DPS backup in the rare case that Carpe/EQO can't play, or just as a general backup to fill in for others who can't play

so unfortunately I wouldn't expect to see him in the lineup very often

Houk the Namebringer on
This discussion has been closed.