Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    I want to try the Murloc Paladin thing but don't want to go all-in with crafting Finley for it. What's a good sub?

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    I want to try the Murloc Paladin thing but don't want to go all-in with crafting Finley for it. What's a good sub?

there's plenty of lists that don't run him (i don't think he's necessarily needed either and i sure don't feel like spending the dust on him myself): https://hsreplay.net/decks/#playerClasses=PALADIN&sortBy=winrate&archetypes=157&excludedCards=53379

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Dibby wrote: »

there's plenty of lists that don't run him (i don't think he's necessarily needed either and i sure don't feel like spending the dust on him myself): https://hsreplay.net/decks/#playerClasses=PALADIN&sortBy=winrate&archetypes=157&excludedCards=53379
    Oh snap all I need is a chef nomi and I can put together a 61% WR deck... done.

zepherin on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Just wanted to put it out there that mechabomb warrior is still really good.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    if you cast earthquake with an immortal prelate on the board the game crashes

• Options
    edited August 2019
    @MNC Dover Saviors of UIdum is 2000% the best song, no contest

edit since i don't wanna double post:
    zepherin wrote: »

you don't even need to run Nomi either honestly. it gives the deck an edge but you can certainly run it without it.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    the WotOG song isn't there, poll is invalid

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    @MNC Dover Saviors of UIdum is 2000% the best song, no contest

edit since i don't wanna double post:
    zepherin wrote: »

you don't even need to run Nomi either honestly. it gives the deck an edge but you can certainly run it without it.
    Yeah but it provides a solid closer, and the alternatives don’t have the same functionality.

• Options
    Holy crap I’ve just started spanking people with this paladin deck. Quest rogue dead before quest completed, quest Druid same, quest shaman got the quest done but spent all their clears on murlocks.

• Options
    im like perpetually two games away from legend on my asian server highlander mage deck

i clown two guys then run into an aggro rogue/some wacky shit like quest hunter or aggro priest and lose that star back to where i was before

• Options

I saw Tidehunter as a common replacement but it seemed meh, so I wondered if anyone here had any experience with alternatives. I'll probably just go Tidehunter today.

• Options
    i got legend with highlander mage at last, took a little longer than i expected but it's fine

final boss was a token druid (i've seen a grand total of one quest druid ever since soa dropped, every other druid has been token because it is better)

he had a fast start but not enough buffs in hand and i was able to stall until i sand witch'd a pyroblast, had a 5 attack minion on board, and played a 1 mana alex for surprise lethal

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    How the fuck is anyone voting against JOURNEY TO UN'GOROOOOOO

fuckin' weirdos

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »

fuckin' weirdos

have you fucking seen the saviors of uldum video???????

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

fuckin' weirdos

no listen that video is the absolute tits, but JOURNEY TO UN'GOROOOOOO is fucking glorious.

• Options

fuckin' weirdos

no listen that video is the absolute tits, but JOURNEY TO UN'GOROOOOOO is fucking glorious.

zero chance in hell that beats THERE MIGHT BE MAGIC MONSTERS MUMMIES IN THE MARKETS AND ANCIENT MYSTICISM

THERE'S SURELY SCORCHING DESERTS, ADVENTURE, AND MUCH NEEDED NARCISSISM

no contest. NO CONTEST. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Doctor boom almost beat me but nomi saved my ass.

i73zie261ddm.png

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    the uldum song, I'll go as far to say, is not even not good. It was bad. I was very disappointed the thread had lied to me about how good it was when I first saw it.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    I’ve been playing Highlander Mage today.

It’s basically just the new Reno animation, except that I’m shooting dust at the opponent.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Murloc Paladin went well except against mages, which were at least half my opponents. I was 1-2 against them. I'm not sure if it's a good counter or if it was just my luck. Counterspell absolutely wrecks the Paladin game plan. And one of them managed to have both Mirror Entities, a Sea Giant, both Frost Novas, and a Conjurer's Calling in their top 10 cards so I got a nice, Fun and Interactive™ experience as only Hearthstone can offer, watching my hero get obliterated as I stared at a board full of helpless frozen minions turn after turn.

Also, god damn does the deck run out of gas fast if you don't draw any of your spells in your first 12 or so cards.

forty on
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular

Yeah Finley is very replaceable. He's a win more card if anything. Quite often he just gets pulled by Tip the Scales. Otherwise you play him so late into the game the new hero power barely makes a difference.

Just a low cost Murloc with a decent battlecry that lets you run up the score if you do get to play him.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJFxaLjrfzk

That Wild combo at 4:45 was brilliant.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I swapped from CWar over to Bomb Hunter. 9-0 and counting, I don't know why I even tried other decks.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    it's time for another round of Honest Hearthstone Cards (from Reddit): https://imgur.com/a/5JBYC5U

there's some fucking good ones in there, such as:
    0Np9i6M.png

Hah, they called out the unfixed typo!

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    zephyrus is definitely a card that makes you feel smart for playing

it's like, "HAHA I have picked the right thing (which was determined by a painstakingly crafted algorithm) VICTORY IS MINE'

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    zephyrus is definitely a card that makes you feel smart for playing

it's like, "HAHA I have picked the right thing (which was determined by a painstakingly crafted algorithm) VICTORY IS MINE'

soon the algorithm will start to get confused, and always offer youthful brewmaster. so you can play zephrys again.

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    zephrys is hardcoded to never offer a bounce effect, because you're not allowed to wish for more wishes

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    zephrys is hardcoded to never offer a bounce effect, because you're not allowed to wish for more wishes

that is

actually kind of great

• Options
    Packing your own wishes for more wishes into your deck is valid, though.

• Options
    SensationalSensational Registered User regular
    pvyJiy6.png

Very cool!

• Options
    pvyJiy6.png

Very cool!

Should've played around the Turn 4 Tip the Scales, dummy!!

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    man I just had a moment I wish I could clip and submit to trolden

rogue tried to coin out plague of flames to destroy my magnetized zilliax... only the coin tripped pressure plate which destroyed his only minion, and plague activated rat trap for exact lethal

man I have missed secret hunter

it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Man, that guy had the absolute dream scenario. I haven't had anything close to that good, yet. I did push from 7 to dad legend today with a solid win rate, though.

I wish I could have got a screenshot of my most miserable game, but I was playing on my tablet. My turn 1 was both Tip the Scales, a Toxfin, and a Coldlight Seer. Two turns later I'd drawn another Toxfin and Coldlight Seer. I guess I'm the anti-Trombone.

The deck is stupid fun though.

forty on
  • Options
    Highlander decks feel like playing arena in constructed except you didn't draft any bad cards

Every game is different

• Options
    yeah. i've been thinking about the logical drawbacks of such decks, their potential inconsistency, and how they nevertheless feel very satisfying to play; i think we underrate the flexibility that comes from not ever having redundant cards in hand.

maybe i just play bad decks that risk being stuck with duplicates of garbage...

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    If that sort of flexibility were worthwhile then people would play highlander decks without payoff cards.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    You get to have two different cards that are useless for the current game state instead of two of the same!

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Yilias wrote: »
    If that sort of flexibility were worthwhile then people would play highlander decks without payoff cards.

i'm not saying it makes up for the drawbacks. just that it might not be inconsequential as a benefit to the decks.

edit: again, it's an experiential thing as much as anything. it erases the frustration of having two copies of a card in hand that are terrible for the context. forty's dead right, but having two equally bad cards in hand doesn't feel as terrible as two slightly different bad cards in hand, and in most cases the latter is better because technically it increases your options, if only marginally

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    highlander hunter opponent gets tirion from zephrys, has a commanding board and life advantage

puzzle box of yogg saron: mind controls tirion, pyroblasts opponent, avenging wrath, double fireball

Beasteh on