As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    if people don't want players to do "disrespectful" things they should pay them more not to

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I find the Snip-Snap stuff much more interesting drama: https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/d4tnb4/time_to_say_goodbye/

Don't balance your combo decks around arbitrary animation restrictions Blizz!

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Nooooo Haro, you fucker.

Time to start over again.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    I find the Snip-Snap stuff much more interesting drama: https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/d4tnb4/time_to_say_goodbye/

Don't balance your combo decks around arbitrary animation restrictions Blizz!

I just read about that! That's crazy negligent on Blizzard's part if true. Even so, you shouldn't be banning people for using your card... just fix the dang card lol. Seems simple enough.

• Options
    Most of them were doing slightly shady stuff like editing the dll to remove animations or running a macro to simulate mouse clicks. Banning those guys is probably fine. Other people getting caught in the ban wave is pretty amusing though.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Most of them were doing slightly shady stuff like editing the dll to remove animations or running a macro to simulate mouse clicks. Banning those guys is probably fine. Other people getting caught in the ban wave is pretty amusing though.

I agree. It makes me think that the way they are detecting cheaters is not accurate enough to warrant enforcing bans. They should have a better way of detecting dll edits or macro use.

• Options
    tbh i honestly think snipsnap is a mistake

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Echo/Magnetize is not a combination that should ever have been considered.

• Options
    I don't think Snip-Snap is as much of a mistake as cost reduction is. When things break most of the time it involves cheating something into play.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    I think normal use Snip-Snap is fine. Turn 9 you can create a wide board or one (1) large boi. He's pretty versatile otherwise but I don't think he's out of line.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    I think normal use Snip-Snap is fine. Turn 9 you can create a wide board or one (1) large boi. He's pretty versatile otherwise but I don't think he's out of line.
    And there are straight hard counters to him.

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I don't think Snip-Snap is as much of a mistake as cost reduction is. When things break most of the time it involves cheating something into play.

Especially when you consider cost reduction is something other card games do, and Snip-Snap/Echo is something well within Hearthstone's wheelhouse. Drop cost reduction, you don't need to pretend to be MtG. Just be Hearthstone.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »

Especially when you consider cost reduction is something other card games do, and Snip-Snap/Echo is something well within Hearthstone's wheelhouse. Drop cost reduction, you don't need to pretend to be MtG. Just be Hearthstone.

Hearthstone already has a dearth of mechanics. I don’t know if it’s so much “let’s be Magic” as it is “what else can we do within the constraints of the game’s limited design?”

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I need a friend for challenge and spectate quests. Ilpala#1975 Claimed!

Ilpala on
    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    So in prep for chasing EVIL out of the Tomb, I've started going back and doing the old single player modes I never completed. I just finished Dungeon Run, so I only need Monster Hunt, Rumble and part of Heroic Dalaran.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    The game's interface and timer aren't really built for infinite-till-you-run-out-of-clicks combos. Making 1 be the minimum cost for cost reduction might not be the worst idea.

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Seiko's statement from yesterday:
    Seiko wrote:
    ‪Im sorry everyone.‬
    ‪I never expected that this would be something that could escalate like this.‬

‪I’ve been playing autochess for quite a while now, practiced a ton for a really long time only for this qualifier and felt really good about my chances to win.‬

‪I didn’t mean to be disrespectful at all and was pretty happy that it didn’t seem like an issue ‬if I play both autochess and HS at the same time.

Im used to do/play multiple things/server at the same time and decided to take the risk.

I really thought I had enough practice, that I could handle playing both games without paying too much attention to autochess.
    Unfortunately it took too much attention though, which didn’t end up well in HS.

I got really punished for this and regret that I couldn’t evaluate the situation correctly.

Even though it sucks to throw away months of practice to not participate in the qualifier I was looking forward to so much. I should’ve known it’s the right thing to do.

Im currently still in the qualifier (R32), but unfortunately the league stage with 16 people will be played next weekend.
    I learned that I can’t handle both games at the same time and even though it hurts as someone who likes competing I will have to drop from the qualifier to not loose my main focus.

I apologize to disappoint everyone.

I'm not really on board with people saying this is disrespectful or whatever. Just like when Dog quit GM to stream more it seems like an economic choice. It's probably a bad decision to split your concentration like that but GM has fairly guaranteed paychecks regardless of performance. You can sandbag a week or two and make up for it the rest of your series to not hit the elimination cutoff. Depending on how good he is at autochess it could very well have been a +EV decision, although if he's dropping the autochess tourney then it probably didn't turn out to be.

I can sort of understand the way some people could consider it disrespectful to the tournament etc. But honestly if Blizzard didn't want that to happen they should've explicitly said so and put it in the contracts and then people would need to make a value call on whether that's for them. Obviously Dog figured it wasn't for him as is.

The throw was spectacularly bad. He played Shirvallah and didn't banker it and had 0 other copies. It was a basic and obvious mistake.

Part of me wonders if he hadn't had his web cam on and people hadn't seen him constantly looking away from the screen during the game whether anyone would have said a thing about it.

Cat decided to lie down on my keyboard in the middle of writing that post so you get her P.S. message here:
    ////////111; kj0..1[p[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[p1;;l;;;;;;;;;;;;;llkk b0

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Tombs of Terror releases tomorrow and hype is at a wonderful minimum.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Tombs of Terror releases tomorrow and hype is at a wonderful minimum.

And deservedly so. Hopefully they'll learn from this...assuming the rest of the world isn't buying in either.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I just don't care about it. It's the same thing, but more of it.

• Options
    Lost a ranked game due to a disconnect

when the game never actually started
    :(

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    y'all: tombs of terror bad, just same thing, capitalist greed

me, already having given my credit card, my state ID, my social security number, passwords to all my everything to blizzard:

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Look, I'll be a whale. Someone's gotta keep this game alive for the 3 people who still enjoy playing it.

• Options
    I like playing the game. I've just played this specific piece of the game as much as I want to.

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Yeah maybe this adventure not selling like hot, crack-filled cakes will force them to bring something new to the table...

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    Hmm, yes, maybe this will be the time a company understands what's happening and adjusts their strategy accordingly, instead of laying a bunch of people off and shrugging in confusion.

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    It's bound to happen sometime!

Now excuse me i have to go bet black on this here roulette table since it landed on red 20 times in a row.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    bwanie wrote: »
    Yeah maybe this adventure not selling like hot, crack-filled cakes will force them to bring something new to the table...

You say that as if it won't sell like hot crack-filled cakes.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    i don't think hearthstone will face any financial pressures for like, a while

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Hearthstone still has no real competition in the genre for people to go to instead. Artifact flopped harder than any other game has in history. Arena has performance issues with the client, no mobile client, and WotC/Hasbro seems to be having a lot of difficulty figuring out what and how they want to monetize it. Autochess and its offshoots seem pretty popular but I hesitate to call them the same genre.

• Options
    No clue on that Marvel game that Ben Brode and team are making, right?

Don't know if it's a CCG or not?

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    https://seconddinner.com/

Literally all we know so far is that it's a Marvel IP. They seem to still be accruing talent and putting together a team.

• Options
    They've had that one job posting since the start.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    Their twitter indicates that one was posted 2 weeks ago.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    There's also Reynad's Bazaar for his thousands of fans to be excited about that will surely flop.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I had honestly forgotten about Reynard until you just said his name.

I mean, I’m not going to knock someone for trying game design. But I never liked his attitude.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    I wish I had as much confidence in anything as Reynad has in everything.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Reynad is someone whom I started out really disliking for his attitude, and eventually started to kinda grudgingly respect as he visibly grew and matured in personality and attitude over the years.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Oof. First wing down. Beat boss in 1, somehow.