As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    In retrospect I like reynad for being one of the only people down on artifact pre release and breaking down why people wouldn't enjoy the feedback loop / mechanics and everyone hated him for it and they all look real dumb now

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    In retrospect I like reynad for being one of the only people down on artifact pre release and breaking down why people wouldn't enjoy the feedback loop / mechanics and everyone hated him for it and they all look real dumb now

Hey now I also said that Artifact was going to completely crater on release, I demand equal billing.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    I too would like credit for foreseeing the obvious!

Also, Wildstar is going to kill WoW.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    so far my experience in playing the free wing of the adventure is going "wow mage cards are a lot better than rogue cards"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Academic Espionage might be useful against the boss.

• Options
    two copies of the "enemies have -1 attack" treasure really neutering this final boss

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    vwk1c2q7hm6c.png

well fuck me i guess

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Reynad is someone whom I started out really disliking for his attitude, and eventually started to kinda grudgingly respect as he visibly grew and matured in personality and attitude over the years.

The trick for enjoying Reynad was to be a shitty teenager when he started so he matured at the same pace you did!

Every sign points to the Bazaar flopping, but if you asked most people how Some Guy starting his own esports team in 2014 when the industry seemed to have already peaked would go? I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow pulled it being sustainable out of thin air.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Also beat the boss first try, took going 10 deep into fatigue though

• Options
    yeah i still beat him, i just would have preferred to not have to do it against 387 HP

you really spend like, a while in each mode, and once you have a strat you kind of just grind it out

definitely has inflated HP as a result of the "they keep the HP" gimmick

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I suspect the later wings are much more likely to take multiple attempts.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    the murloc boss has beaten me 3 times now and i dont feel like wasting more time on this game mode, i have far better things to be doing with my life

tapping out

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    I suspect the later wings are much more likely to take multiple attempts.

Its more the heroic mode where things take a turn. At least for me. Though I did get the Murloc boss down to 73 health on the first run. Second run I just drew craptacularly and got beaten out by the insane hero power.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    tombs of terror is pretty fun.

I really like the solo adventures.

Still haven't beaten the last Dalaran Heist module on heroic yet. But I'm working it too.

Edit: I thought my deck was complete horseshit (every round a random minion gets evolved and all minions are +1 +1 with a wish spell I get on round 1, and a round one 1 cost that gives me a 2 3 4 and 5 cost card into my hand)...then I find the final boss with his huge hp and I'm like fuck I need a horseshit deck against this dude.

zepherin on
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Was able to get murloc boss down to 25 on the first run. The beginning of that run was super awkward as I had a lot of damaging spells I couldn't point face because they were immune and it felt like a waste playing them because I had an anomaly that did 1 to all minions every turn, so everything that got played was dying in short order anyway! So I kept having to kind of just...find ways to keep my hand size from ending at 10.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Beat the Murloc boss on my first attempt, so that was ... okay, I guess?

Had two of the -1 attack to enemy minions treasures (Ring of Scarabs?) so the only thing I really had to worry much about were Murloc Warleaders and Ol'Murkeyes.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Brawl is up: Construct a deck using only Basic, Common, and Rare cards.

I went straight Deathrattle Mech Hunter and it's still as disgusting (or fun) as you might remember.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    ic12nzc3l8sm.png

Beat the Murloc boss on my first try. And that fight reaffirmed my desire to not buy the additional wings. Who in their right mind thought having to whittle down a 300 health boss was a good idea? Oh and better yet, you'll have to go through 7 other bosses just to face it? Yeah, fuck that noise.

The single-player mode needs a serious overhaul.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Yeah, and it's pretty funny that your measly 12 SoU packs are locked behind all those grindfest bosses if you actually spend the $15/$20 on it. This expansion is literally going to be halfway done before you can get your last packs.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    I think it was a misguided attempt to make people have a reason to replay each wing again and again. Broadly speaking I was fine with it. But Heroic has just lost me the will to live.

Even if I'm doing nearly 250 damage in one session that one game takes FOREEEEEEVER. Let alone having to get back there on subsequent runs and finishing it off.

And the tail ends of those games is super tedious because you're just topdecking. Meanwhile the boss gets their hand refilled at every 100 health point, why couldn't they do something like that for the player too?

Muffinatron on
  • Options
    Yeah, and it's pretty funny that your measly 12 SoU packs are locked behind all those grindfest bosses if you actually spend the $15/$20 on it. This expansion is literally going to be halfway done before you can get your last packs.

Well no. You just need to kill 5 bosses. So you don't even need to reach those endgame guys.

• Options

Well no. You just need to kill 5 bosses. So you don't even need to reach those endgame guys.
    Oh, OK. I guess just the Golden Pack requires actual completion.

Although I did the first 7 bosses last night and no packs showed up so I'm not sure what's going on...

• Options

Oh, OK. I guess just the Golden Pack requires actual completion.

Although I did the first 7 bosses last night and no packs showed up so I'm not sure what's going on...

Weird. I got the packs once I completed the run so long as I killed 5 bosses or more.

• Options
    I guess the bosses don't count as killed until I actually complete my run (either killing or dying to the final boss)?

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Beat the Murloc boss on my first try. And that fight reaffirmed my desire to not buy the additional wings. Who in their right mind thought having to whittle down a 300 health boss was a good idea? Oh and better yet, you'll have to go through 7 other bosses just to face it? Yeah, fuck that noise.

The single-player mode needs a serious overhaul.

His health doesn't "regenerate". I got him down to 50 before dying on my first run (mostly due to picking the draw 2/no fatigue passive), and on my second run he started at 50 life and with the murlocnado hero power, so it was easy to kill him before that got up and running.

So the intention is to make you play multiple runs, yes. And then make you unlock everything again on Heroic for some ungodly reason.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    I was looking at the rewards. Honestly I think the normal mode cardback looks better than the heroic one.

So guess I'm just doing this for my own sense of satisfaction...

Anyway. Chapter 2 heroic done. Need to go back and finish up Chapter 1 (he's at 30ish health).

The deck I finished the chapter 2 boss with was kind of insane. I think it might've been able to do the full 300 in one. Double battlecries passive and it was Finley with the 1 mana overload (1) hero power that lets you discover a shaman/paladin battlecry minion. Oh and the other OP passive that gives you 1 mana discount on cards in your hand when you play an odd-cost card.

Muffinatron on
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Chapter 1 has been annoying, but I did the boss in Chapter 2 on the first shot.

I had the sword that gives +2 attack to everything in your deck (and returns to your hand), ended up getting a second copy, and by turns 9 and 10 I was dropping +20 and better attack minions that were either clearing things off or going face on the post-turn attack.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Regarding dalaran heist...

Why does it say i completed 1 run in heroic but 2 chapters show up as incomplete and i don't have the cardback?

Does the runcounter not distinguish between normal and heroic?

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    The Judge wrote: »
    Brawl is up: Construct a deck using only Basic, Common, and Rare cards.

I went straight Deathrattle Mech Hunter and it's still as disgusting (or fun) as you might remember.

I had a shaman quest and put together a greatest hits list, tunnel trogg, ancestral knowledge, devolve, jade claws, primalfin, totem golem, thing from below, fireguard, faceless, jade lightning, jade chieftain

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Just went against Vesh tonight. What a miserable, sadistic, unfun slog of an encounter. That's supposed to make me want to spend money on more of that?

• Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Just went against Vesh tonight. What a miserable, sadistic, unfun slog of an encounter. That's supposed to make me want to spend money on more of that?

Aw, what a disappointing twist.
    You were so close on liking this before.

I beat it on one try, deathrattle with reborn and 4 White Eyes really did the trick.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    The first phase was super drawn out and annoying. Clear board and do nothing with my extra attacks. Once it ramped up, any of my impactful minions just got turned into shitty Murlocs. What fun.

• Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Ow wait, I thought you were talking about the second one! First one, is really easy with Finley as he also gets damaged by your own murlocs, got him to 30 on the first try!

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Well he stops getting damaged by them with 200 life left

• Options
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Well he stops getting damaged by them with 200 life left

True but the second phase of the murloc statues also buffs your own murlocs.

Of course the third phase just lets him drop the murlocnados even sooner. Which might have something to do with dying at 30.

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Neat, so the game very much does not like something about the turn I just took in the adventure mode.

The app immediately crashed on my phone, and whenever I re-open it, it tries to reconnect me to that game and immediately crashes again.

Here's hoping I can finish that on desktop when I get home later.

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Boy oh boy is it exciting to see the single player adventure put unskippable dialogue before the start of each game, so that when the game inevitably loses track of my progress with those dialogue scenes I get to sit through them again in the future.

Does Blizzard not play this game when they poop?

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    Ow wait, I thought you were talking about the second one! First one, is really easy with Finley as he also gets damaged by your own murlocs, got him to 30 on the first try!
    I can only play Reno so that doesn't do a lot of good for me.

• Options
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    I can only play Reno so that doesn't do a lot of good for me.

You've got to pay to win. It's the hearthstone way.

Actually I ended up with a board of murlocs as Reno for much of that game. Murloc plague gave me the one that adds murlocs to your hand when you play one, and I already had one in hand from the dude that gives both players locs, so I could keep killing and playing my own murloc every turn while buffing my board with the enemy murloc golems. It worked real well all the way till we got down to murlocnado territory.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    VS #141 is up: https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-141/

Shaman is beginning to decline in poularity but is still the most popular. Combo Priest, Aggro/Control Warrior, and Reno Hunter remain the top decks. There's minor experimentation with Quest Hunter and Rogue right now as well.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc