As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Salt Always. The Queen Is Dead (Skadi)! Long Live The Queen (Castoria)!

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Prisma Ilya rerun arrives on the 20th. Prepare yourselves, Miyu is coming. 4* rates activate.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Gonna be a busy month with that, valentine's day and (hopefully) the SERAPH rerun.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    It finally happened: Ushiwakamaru got animation and sprites update:

https://youtu.be/ihuaM7bNNa4

Now give her some costume, so she is not running around half naked!

• Options
    Shenl742Shenl742 Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I don't get ?
    [ENHANCE]
    Oh.

Shenl742 on
    FC: 1907-8030-1478
  • Options
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Mostly just catching up on the event myself, but in case anybody missed it they're also doing another 'Do a survey for some free tickets' thing.

Also, as much as Illya is adorable and deserves a good pat on the head, god damn but this is making me miss Roman. That man needed more hugs than he got.
    Against all evidence I am convinced adding Solomon as a servant is one of their 'break glass in case we need money fast' plans, and I would not even hesitate to prove their point.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    Magical Girl Berserkalot is dominating this event for me, even without being able to use the +Damage CE. No brakes on the Double Skadi train

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I suddenly wish I thought to just use magical girl Dantes just because, but I've been using Nitocris and Summer BB.

• Options
    The true appeal of magical girls is their ability to inspire the rest of us to do better.

9aZcdxM.jpg

Stacking buffs to make bigger numbers is more magic, this was proven at CERN.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    And challenge quest down. Nice and straightforward - seems like the main issue is juggling the threat posed by hard-hitting NPs that are out of sync, complicated by buffs on break bars. Actually scraped through on the first attempt, Double Skadi on Fran to clear the first 'wave' with Mash, Quetz, and Medusa on backup. Barely worked; Quetz was on her last legs and Mash wasn't far behind. Felt like I could do better though, so I took the rare step of trying it again.

Second attempt went a lot better: Mash, Marie, and a borrowed Parvati up front, with Medusa, Skadi, and Fran in reserve once everybody was on their last bars. Haven't used Marie much outside of farming, but she held out for a good long while and complemented Par's buffs well. Ultimately didn't actually need Fran, though Medusa and Skadi did have to step in for Mash and Marie after Chloe was dealt with. We eventually ran out of ways to stall Illya, but the stars aligned in a very literal sense and it became a story in two parts. Observe:
    7JHFQWU.jpg

I call your attention to Skadi's buffs still active on Medusa, as well as the latter's cards topped out and just waiting for an extra combo. One turn later...

F7IEJOL.jpg

Nothing personnel, kid.

To her credit, Miyu dragged it out for another three rounds after that. I do appreciate a fight when there are a few ways to approach it, and servants with less universally handy skillsets get to shine. Cute event, big numbers, handy drops, welfare I missed... good times all around. :+1:

Now I just need to resist rolling for Illya, because lord am I already in the hole when it comes to caster gems.

Stolls on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Limping to the end...

wgvd0Tjh.png

Just have to clear the rest of the shop. Thankfully this is one of the rare events I have drop CEs for somehow so I don't have -too- much left to do but man do I hate this structure.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Sliding in just under the wire on this one but all missions completed and shop bought out without needing to farm purely because I was insane and rolled way too much when this event first ran.

I might not have actually bothered doing all of it if weren't for that Testament costume. Couldn't miss out on that. But now it's time for a new Valentine event and an ungodly amount of data to download.

• Options
    Kaboodles_The_AssassinKaboodles_The_Assassin Kill the meat. Save the metal.Registered User regular
    I really liked background music for the fights in this event. It sounds like summer blockbuster chase music, or something out of UT2004. It's a bit silly when fighting literal cookie monsters though

sXXjb1B.png
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    New event started today, I allowed myself to spend 5 tickets on Murasaki.

I've got absolutely nothing out of that.

"Okay, just one more and I end it"

My first Saber Suzuka arrived one event early.

Good enough!

• Options
    edited February 2021
    I'm not particularly interested in Murasaki, but I threw some tickets anyway, since I want CEs and figured she'd at least be new for me. 20 tickets wound up getting me Fran, Ana (both new for NA account, apparently), two 5* event CEs, four 4* event CEs, and a couple 3* event CEs. That is a hell of a return for how many rolls I did!

Also, I'm a fan of this 5* CE, and not just for art. It only gives 2 hits of invincibility to Volumen's 3 hits, but it also boosts your NP strength, and more importantly it's a +Attack CE instead of +HP.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    5 pulls. 0 5* CEs. 6 4* CEs. 6 3* CEs before FP pulls.

No Genji Lady. Enkidu (NP3) spook instead.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I got a Liz

Also I added too much water to my oatmeal and my cat decided to wake me up by batting at my hands with very sharp claws

Not the best day TBH

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    2 Circes, no Murasaki

• Options
    edited February 2021
    A moment of silence for my craft essence storage. Or is there an in game gallery option?

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Well, that's 400 quartz gone and not a lot to show for it. Shame, there's not many Heian era folks in the game.

• Options
    "Hey there sport, that's a mighty fine pile of tickets and SQ you have there. I notice you didn't spend it on the magical girls?"
    Yeah, they're fun and all, but I'm kinda good on casters as it is. A lot of them still need blue gems-
    "I see, I see. What if the caster was a hot librarian and famous author? Does that help?"
    I mean, sure, but that's not really the prob-
    "A hard sell, eh? Well, she's an AOE caster with self-charge, group defense down, and a bunch of team buffs. How's that sound?"
    Weeeeell...
    "The colored sparkles push happy buttons in your brain."
    HOLD MY COFFEE IT'S GO TIME

CLNS0LO.jpg

Ahhh, that's the good stuff.

Couldn't resist trying, Murasaki looks fun. The intro fight wasn't much chance to try her out, but I liked the skills she had available, and anybody that applies debuff immunity gives me Fran plans. Welcome aboard! :+1:

Now, let's find out how chocolate is going to nearly doom what's left of the world this year...

• Options
    Shenl742Shenl742 Registered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »
    A moment of silence for my craft essence storage. Or is there an in game gallery option?

Yeah its in the My Room area, right?

FC: 1907-8030-1478
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Wonder if any of the new valentines scenes from this last year's servants can top Void Shiki.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Did one pull ten pull, got the 5star CE. and I got the Beautiful Dreamer CE from one of the early nodes. Neat.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    JP new Servant spoilers:
    oh shit oh fuck I'm not gonna be ready

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    OH GOD! OH GOD WHAT THE FUCK!

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I heard they added PVP too.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    I have no idea who that is

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

I'm assuming it's another Pseudo-Servant based on a little known fate waifu.

She kinda looks like that....Astrology girl??? in Waver's series???

• Options

I'm assuming it's another Pseudo-Servant based on a little known fate waifu.

She kinda looks like that....Astrology girl??? in Waver's series???

Astrology girl there was Ms. Animusphere. It's a happier timeline.

• Options
    edited February 2021

She's one of the leads of Fate/hollow ataraxia. The Fate/stay night sequel.

She's Kirei Kotomine's daughter.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    The Valkyries are great.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Skeith wrote: »
    The Valkyries are great.

I like how they react.
    Just immediately switching to killing the book without missing a beat.

• Options
    A few shots at Anastasia while she's on secondary rate-up as well as rolls for CEs...
    50 Singles:
    Single 6: 4* Event CE
    Single 8: 4* Event CE
    Single 10: Penthesilea NP5
    Single 17: Parvati NP2
    Single 21: Kaleidoscope CE
    Single 44: Atalante Alter
    Single 50: 4* Event CE

Well, a little disappointing but not completely fruitless. Of those pulls, the Parvati NP2's actually probably the most useful in the long run...

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    This challenge quest was pretty meme-able. But I kept it simple.

1sRjx76.png

Gotta love CE Star Bombs and Card Lock.

• Options
    10 tickets on the new JP valentines event got me Caren, NP2 Astolfo, and a 4* event CE. I'll take it!

Not sure how much I care about Caren really, but her skillset is really interesting. A lot of self NP charge while draining it from the party and enemies, an invuln skill that also grants a hit of invuln to the party, and a taunt. A weird mix. She also gets powered up from debuffs, which is interesting. I wonder if that's the purpose of the taunt?

• Options
    Why the heck is Astolfo trending on Twitter?

*clicks*

Oh...

• Options
    Well I was waiting for a Twitter announcement because fuck Facebook but come the 17th we will be finding out if we can live a real life within the digital sea.

CCC event returns