As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Salt Always. The Queen Is Dead (Skadi)! Long Live The Queen (Castoria)!

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    For as much as I use her I probably should've gotten NP2 at least but she's more there to just crit things in the face less than NP damage, so it's not the hugest miss.

Gotta save for this summer still, though. Whiffing on Reines hurt.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    MagicalGoatsMagicalGoats Registered User regular
    Finished last weekly quest, got up to 30 saint quartz, and sitting on one summon ticket.
    So! Since Salieri is my favorite character recently, and my guy needs a higher NP level, here we go!
    Joan of Arc Alter finally answered my call?! The best man shoved off into the ditch by the best friend, I can't even be mad. So I guess just gotta hurry up and try to unlock her Shinjuku outfit.

There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life, that cannot be improved with pizza.
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    If you really want Salieri NP levels hit the Avenger class summon during Anniversary. Since he's the only 3* Avenger he'll show up a bunch.

• Options
    Rate-up changed, a few more token shots at Okki

10 Singles:
    Nothing

Roll 1: 4* CE, EMIYA (Alter) NP2, 500-Year Obsession CE
    Roll 2: Tamamo-no-Mae NP3, 4* CE, 4* CE
    That...is a strangely appropriate spook
    Roll 3: Kscope CE, 4* CE
    Roll 4: 4* CE, 4* CE, 4* CE

Blah. Oh well, not completely fruitless I guess.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    We have an official OP animation for Fate/Grand Carnival.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKFvR7iDsQ8

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    I cannot wait for that show. It's going to be glorious madness

• Options
    TenekTenek Registered User regular
    LB4 tomorrow! Hooray!

• Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Yeah, outside of key story moments FGO fits in perfectly with Carnival Phantasm's madcap nonsense. Based on that bit with the CE, I'm expecting at least one moment where Stheno shows up unexpectedly and everybody's disappointed.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    Fate/Grand Carnival clips and stills are cycling around and I think I saw the best image yet
    Dangerous Beast Lancelot

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I have obtained Lakshimi “Definitely Not Jeanne” Bai

On the one hand I’m not that excited for her

On the other hand I have an abiding love for servants nobody else seems to want, so maybe I’ll come around on her

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I like Lakshmibai and am looking forward to getting more characterization for her in this chapter. I admittedly don't use her very often, though.

As far as rolling on NA goes, I'm waiting for the second banner. Not planning to go super hard or anything, but I'd like to get both the 4* and the 3* if I can.

• Options
    Threw some tickets in and got a rock

• Options
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Thew a single ten pull.
    NP2 Gil Caster
    NP4 Tomoe
    NP2 Rama
    NP1 William Tell

...okay, yeah, sure. I can live with this.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    I have obtained Lakshimi “Definitely Not Jeanne” Bai

On the one hand I’m not that excited for her

On the other hand I have an abiding love for servants nobody else seems to want, so maybe I’ll come around on her

At least there's a reason for that design decision, I guess.
    Wy7wPSH.png

• Options
    June's summon tickets got me absolutely and utterly nothing. Black Keys, and Hektor. So many Hektors. On the other hand got 20 saint quartz for logging in, so sure I'll go grind out a few missions in Camelot for another 10...

When she said Rani of Jhansi I'll admit, my mind went directly to Rani VIII and I was hoping against hope she was some sort of Pseudo-Servant, since Rani was by far my preferred route in Extra. Another set of gold sparkles, and suddenly I got myself an elephant! Statue! Oh no, I recognize that name. Hi, Jinako.

There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life, that cannot be improved with pizza.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    The protagonist starting India by successfully pulling Karna and Rama in the same go is ruining my immersion.

On the other hand, I did give the banner a couple tries hoping for at least a William Tell, and then this happened:

owjdxqM.jpg

Interesting side note, both showed gold orbs in the animation, which makes me wonder if it doesn't reseed the indicator (no tell, spook, gold orbs, or rainbow if applicable) if you get lucky again in the same pull. But anyway, the gacha has spoken, and Lakshmibai looks neat; haven't run into her in the plot yet but looking forward to it. Welcome aboard! :+1:

Stolls on
  • Options
    Over on JP, I just had my last go of rolling for Summer Tomoe (who is only a 4*). Between last year and this year, I did about 160 rolls on her banners. I was at least able to get her last year, but only getting NP1 was very disappointing (but I grailed her to 100 anyway). All I wanted this year was to just get her up to NP2, so she can at least pretend to compete with Muramasa, but alas. It was not to be.

In my last 11-roll, I was spooked by saber Lancelot. And the second-last roll was Abby. I guess that's a good way to end it, but talk about getting wrong luck at the wrong time.

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Just finished Section 5 of Lost Belt 4
    So, Arjuna has somehow devoured all of the gods of India, and is using their power to essentially speed up exponentially the cycle of death/rebirth, to such a measure that the world's existence is measured in about a week? In a bid to expunge all of the evils of the world he seems to be purposefully blinding himself to the glaring flaw of the Kali slaughtering people every cycle so the belt is going to keep winding up with less and less people. So, it's still a slow death of the world, just masked by the glaringly FAST death of the world that happens every frickin' week?

Did I get that about right?
    Loving the story so far, but having some trouble focusing, the game itself lacks a rewind/recap button, and the wikis would probably spoil me on the whole shebang :(

MagicalGoats on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Bought the newest Fire 10 HD tablet and now I can have twitch playing in the corner while playing FGO. Fun little thing.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Mostly enjoying LB4 so far, but man some of the later bosses are challenge quests in disguise. In particular the final clash with
    god Arjuna, with a superpowered Karna as a mandatory support
    is basically the worst of all worlds: multiple break bars on a berserker boss with apparently complete debuff immunity and several unremovable buffs. Strong enough to punch through foreigners' class advantage and gains some nasty buffs with every bar, including a full charge on the first and pierce invuln on the second. Near as I can tell, the idea is to build around the plot-required support and stall for time, or just blitz the boss down ASAP; honestly I have no idea how they intended this to be solved, it took about ten tries.

What finally worked was the following:
    Mash, Scathach, support Karna up front, with Herc, Medea, and MHXX on backup. Scathach has MLBed Kaleido to fire on turn one, and thanks to a chain is able to break the bar in the same turn. Mash stalls for time as best she can, Karna brings the pain in subsequent turns. Herc has Gudaguda poster girl and holds the line for another three turns - which didn't always work, because sometimes Arjuna would somehow trigger Herc's guts and then simply change targets. Regardless, the idea is to break the second bar and immediately have Medea step in to remove the pierce invuln, along with other buffs.

By now Arjuna is ready to and does fire his NP (Karna's NP seal is worthless here), removing the frontline entirely and instead bringing Medea in alongside XX. Medea has a CE with invuln on it to buy her time once she brings his pierce down, MHXX hits him as hard as possible. Even this comes down to the wire with Medea making a stand and finishing him on almost certainly her last turn.

That one is just some hot bullshit, and I fully understand anybody that just brute forces it; I'd have done so myself if I hadn't spent the CSes earlier and was too stubborn to just use SQ.

• Options
    TenekTenek Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Stolls wrote: »
    Mostly enjoying LB4 so far, but man some of the later bosses are challenge quests in disguise. In particular the final clash with
    god Arjuna, with a superpowered Karna as a mandatory support
    is basically the worst of all worlds: multiple break bars on a berserker boss with apparently complete debuff immunity and several unremovable buffs. Strong enough to punch through foreigners' class advantage and gains some nasty buffs with every bar, including a full charge on the first and pierce invuln on the second. Near as I can tell, the idea is to build around the plot-required support and stall for time, or just blitz the boss down ASAP; honestly I have no idea how they intended this to be solved, it took about ten tries.

What finally worked was the following:
    Mash, Scathach, support Karna up front, with Herc, Medea, and MHXX on backup. Scathach has MLBed Kaleido to fire on turn one, and thanks to a chain is able to break the bar in the same turn. Mash stalls for time as best she can, Karna brings the pain in subsequent turns. Herc has Gudaguda poster girl and holds the line for another three turns - which didn't always work, because sometimes Arjuna would somehow trigger Herc's guts and then simply change targets. Regardless, the idea is to break the second bar and immediately have Medea step in to remove the pierce invuln, along with other buffs.

By now Arjuna is ready to and does fire his NP (Karna's NP seal is worthless here), removing the frontline entirely and instead bringing Medea in alongside XX. Medea has a CE with invuln on it to buy her time once she brings his pierce down, MHXX hits him as hard as possible. Even this comes down to the wire with Medea making a stand and finishing him on almost certainly her last turn.

That one is just some hot bullshit, and I fully understand anybody that just brute forces it; I'd have done so myself if I hadn't spent the CSes earlier and was too stubborn to just use SQ.

Yeah, I used CS on that one. Debuff immunity was really annoying since it just deletes so many things from your kit. Kind of a shame, though, that you can't go back and try it 'properly' like with a normal CQ.

Overall, though, LB4 was pretty awesome. Totally whiffed on the pulls (just NP1 Lancelot in 180SQ) but the characters were great and Team Foreigner was nice for most of the Berserkers. ^_^

Tenek on
  • Options
    Geez. I was rolling until I got a copy of Asclepius (heads up, he's an extremely good support, but is story-locked. Thankfully you only need NP1), and I got both Arjuna and NP2 Ash on the way. Why is my luck always so good when I don't really care that much?

Certainly not complaining in this instance. I'll probably wind up grailing Ash.

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    I got one Asclepios and one Ash in 3 tickets, so that's definitely satisfying for me.

Now back to saving for Anniversary and Summer 4.

Asthariel on
  • Options
    Was going to pass on this banner since Summer Musashi is around the corner for looping purposes, but then I saw Asclepius was on it and I needed a copy.

So anyway now I have Asclepius and Altjuna.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Man, eggs are god awful to farm.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    So, apparently Nasu needed something to do during Covid and spent all that time writing Lostbelt 6. They just released it in Japan and to show how much paper would be used if they were to print the entirety of the story in real life they brought out some of those typical printer refill packs.

Nine of them stacked on top of each other.

Mercy on the poor editor who had to go through all of that.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    So, apparently Nasu needed something to do during Covid and spent all that time writing Lostbelt 6. They just released it in Japan and to show how much paper would be used if they were to print the entirety of the story in real life they brought out some of those typical printer refill packs.

Nine of them stacked on top of each other.

Mercy on the poor editor who had to go through all of that.

Oh Jesus Christ

Can’t wait to eventually have to transcribe all that for my podcast

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    I wanted to save for Annirversary without rolling for LB4, but now Arjuna Alter AND Karna are on the same banner, and God forgive me, my perseverance is getting lower and lower...

• Options
    I did it, I bamboozled desire sensor!

I wanted both Karna and Arjuna Alter, so I waited for their shared banner, as the game would spook me with Karna instead of the new hotness (I would be happy with any of them).

Instead, I acquired Arjuna Alter after only 90 SQ (and one Emiya spook instead of Ash), so my good luck with Lostbelt Kings continues (I only lack Ivan).

• Options
    Finished LB4.

Story discussion aside, all I can say is
    "Stab and Penetrate, Thrust and Impale!"

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    After striking out twice during the previous Nero Bride banners, she finally came home after only 3 ten-draws. I actually got two at once, so I’ve gone from no Bride to NP2 Bride instantly.

Now to save up for Space Ishtar.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Make ready, the final Guda Guda starts on the 20th

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    When do we get the first Bride buff that gives her a targeted battery, anyways?

And then I found out she now also gives special attack mod against Sky in JP, which is probably the broadest category outside of Enuma Elish?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    When do we get the first Bride buff that gives her a targeted battery, anyways?

And then I found out she now also gives special attack mod against Sky in JP, which is probably the broadest category outside of Enuma Elish?

August for the NP Charge.
    Akihabara Explosion Event (~March 2023) for the Sky bonus damage.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Make ready, the final Guda Guda starts on the 20th

MAOU MAOU MAOU

• Options
    I'm all in for the welfare Lancer just because of her design. I have no idea what she even does

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I'm all in for the welfare Lancer just because of her design. I have no idea what she even does

Li Shuwen things.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    NP2 Godjuna secured(and an NP5 Hot Wheels on the way, nice), no spooks but an incredible lack of 5*'s in about 800 Quartz. But then again, quality over quantity as the only 5*'s I got were the two copies of Godjuna.

Even have a nice 150 quartz left over for a shot at MAOU, and a Kindle Fire 10 on the way to replace my poor 6 Max(yeah, SIX MAX) as my FGO machine. Life's pretty good.

• Options

Li Shuwen things.

I also have no idea what he does. In FGO at least, he's a right bastard to fight in Extella Link.