As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tekken and Other Fighting Games That Aren't Tekken, I Guess (digital karate simulations)

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    The patch notes feel weird to me like some characters got a lot while other got like nothing. And I'm just talking the low/mid characters.

Like there is lack of consistency in how things are balanced.

Also hmm of all the Vskill 2s I think Rashid's might be a bit too degenerate.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    I don't know if I've ever been quite as disappointed in a patch as I have this latest SF5 sendoff. Seeing the high end of what some characters got really makes it feel like the ones I cared about got coal for Christmas.

i dunno man. sorry you feel that way, but the feedback I've seen is like 97% positive and overwhelmingly so... it's a whole new game

there IS a disparity in v-skill quality, but you have to bear in mind that some characters were completely defined by their v-skills, and they got some appropriately OP moves

like Laura's VS2 is insane. but think about what she is surrendering as a character to get it... she loses her anti-airing-crush-countering-half-screen-easy-to-make-safe-or-plus overhead that also has an unseeable dash cancel from half her normals

so yeah, she can have a one-button jump fireball, that's OK

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Ah, that time of year with all the post-Capcap/patch SF5 talk which encourages me to plug the stick in and try to play fight games again. This can possibly go wrong.

CE still has yet to drop until like next year right?

• Options
    Zxerol wrote: »
    Ah, that time of year with all the post-Capcap/patch SF5 talk which encourages me to plug the stick in and try to play fight games again. This can possibly go wrong.

CE still has yet to drop until like next year right?

it's effectively already out... the only thing that CE includes that you can't get right now is Seth

• Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    I don't know if I've ever been quite as disappointed in a patch as I have this latest SF5 sendoff. Seeing the high end of what some characters got really makes it feel like the ones I cared about got coal for Christmas.

i dunno man. sorry you feel that way, but the feedback I've seen is like 97% positive and overwhelmingly so... it's a whole new game

there IS a disparity in v-skill quality, but you have to bear in mind that some characters were completely defined by their v-skills, and they got some appropriately OP moves

like Laura's VS2 is insane. but think about what she is surrendering as a character to get it... she loses her anti-airing-crush-countering-half-screen-easy-to-make-safe-or-plus overhead that also has an unseeable dash cancel from half her normals

so yeah, she can have a one-button jump fireball, that's OK

I'm not saying it's a bad patch per se, just that I'm disappointed in it on a personal level. (Though I do have concerns as to how the balance will ultimately play out, particularly for Rashid.)
    I do think the characters who were *not* defined by their V-skills often got completely robbed by their VS2s, though. One look at Chun's cements that pretty easily, really.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i think capcom's goal with vskill 2 was to make them at least competitive with the character's vskill 1 so you'd actually have a choice to make, which sort of directly leads to people with good vskills need to get good vskills

now that capcom has had a major patch where one of their goals seemed to be "adding whiff punishing" i propose that for season 6 they "add antiairs"

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    *weeps in birdie's cr.mp*

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I think most vskill 2 are pretty good.

I just am annoyed Ryu's is very bad.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    i have now played SFV 3 nights in a row and not once have I emitted a primal scream

this is a new record

how many more weeks until the new Laura army shows up online to reignite the screaming

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    Every time I kill someone with bad spray I pop off mike ross style

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    cracked out a decent amount today online... only lost a few points with Honda but I can't play him in the slums. people too wild

Ken's VS2 is fucked up. it anti-air's like Laura's VS1 and he gets a juggle, and I think it's -2 OB? absolutely obscene

i always thought his VS1 was pretty hard to use correctly. so VS2 is for all the degenerate ass online kens, because I can't conceive of any situation where it's not the right button to push

Jasconius on
  • Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    cracked out a decent amount today online... only lost a few points with Honda but I can't play him in the slums. people too wild

Ken's VS2 is fucked up. it anti-air's like Laura's VS1 and he gets a juggle, and I think it's -2 OB? absolutely obscene

i always thought his VS1 was pretty hard to use correctly. so VS2 is for all the degenerate ass online kens, because I can't conceive of any situation where it's not the right button to push

I've been a Ryu player for 30 years, but it's time to see how the other half lives.

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I think with the recent patch Juri is probably now the worst character in the game.

A lot of the other low tiers got help to bring them at least mid and Juri is still Juri.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I think with the recent patch Juri is probably now the worst character in the game.

A lot of the other low tiers got help to bring them at least mid and Juri is still Juri.

don't worry, juri will be seth soon

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    When the hell did Yoshimitsu become a squid person?

• Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular

Juri is not close to the bottom imo. I don't even think she's bottom 5. Claw is definitely and comfortably worse, Alex Sim FANG Sagat probably are. And then it's a tossup between Ryu Juri Sakura etc. as OK characters who are well rounded but not exceptional at anything (ie they are mediocre in a game about mauling).

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options

He becomes a different weird thing in every version.

Are you coming back to it after a while away?

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    templewulf wrote: »

I just started 7. I don't think I played 6.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    yeah yoshimitsu has wildly different designs in basically every game he appears in

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options

I just started 7. I don't think I played 6.

Oh, nice! I skipped 6 too. I got T7 on PS4 and Steam, let me know if you wanna run some lobbies.

• Options
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    NcD0yxt.jpg

but lets not forget

kkbOdyG.png

• Options
    Euphemon wrote: »

Juri is not close to the bottom imo. I don't even think she's bottom 5. Claw is definitely and comfortably worse, Alex Sim FANG Sagat probably are. And then it's a tossup between Ryu Juri Sakura etc. as OK characters who are well rounded but not exceptional at anything (ie they are mediocre in a game about mauling).

i would say right now, amazingly, against all odds, and after 5 straight seasons of buffs, Sim is somehow the worst character in the game

i dont even know if Sim beats Gief anymore because Gief is low key pretty great right now

I don't think any other character in the game right now is as bad as Sim is, he's got his own special basement

• Options

i would say right now, amazingly, against all odds, and after 5 straight seasons of buffs, Sim is somehow the worst character in the game

i dont even know if Sim beats Gief anymore because Gief is low key pretty great right now

I don't think any other character in the game right now is as bad as Sim is, he's got his own special basement

rashid vs sim is like

damn it's worse than yun vs sim in SFIV:AE

• Options

You could easily rocket him up the charts by making him have no hurtbox during active frames like Menat. But they're way more scared of buffing zoners and grapplers than vortex bulldog horse shit.

• Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Yeah Sim is REAL bad right now, but the thing that makes me think claw is worse is that there is literally 0 people having even mild success with claw. And I know he got some stuff (and he got buffed), don't get me wrong, and normally I don't like using results to judge character balance (with rare exceptions) and this is one of those where at least dankadillas/mochi/jesse have SOMETHING going on with their sim. Claw is just, literally non-existent, he's not in the game.

I actually think Claw is pretty cool in theory, he just sucks.

Having said all that, Sim is rough but I think he still wins the Gief matchup.

Also rashid vs sim is bad but you should watch back some of the yun vs sim stuff in 4. That was a legit hopeless matchup as soon as yun got any sort of knockdown and he had so many ways to get in and sim had 0 tools as soon as he was in. It was worse.

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    Yeah Sim is REAL bad right now, but the thing that makes me think claw is worse is that there is literally 0 people having even mild success with claw. And I know he got some stuff, don't get me wrong, and normally I don't like using results to judge character balance (with rare exceptions) and this is one of those where at least dankadillas/mochi/jesse have SOMETHING going on with their sim. Claw is just, literally non-existent, he's not in the game.

I actually think Claw is pretty cool in theory, he just sucks.

Having said all that, Sim is rough but I think he still wins the Gief matchup.

Also rashid vs sim is bad but you should watch back some of the yun vs sim stuff in 4. That was a legit hopeless matchup as soon as yun got any sort of knockdown and he had so many ways to get in and sim had 0 tools as soon as he was in. It was worse.

I want to see an Omega version of these characters, where Vega can VS2 on block, to make every blockstring some hot bullshit.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-fLETV8sLA
    This wasn't USF4 but I also just realized you said AE so yeah...Also mentioned in the video: reportedly Daigo had never lost even a round to a Sim as Yun LOL. But watching it, you can see why. That's a worse matchup than any in V, straight up. Sim literally can't play. It might as well have been me on the stick.

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    Tekken 7's DLC seems really pricey! I want the DLC characters but...daaaamn.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Also grapplers are, in fact, vortex horseshit. So I think that's a contradictory statement, though your sentiment is not wrong. Falke having a huge hurtbox on her staff is some real sadness.

(also laura, gief, abigail got substantially buffed this season. alex did too but he doesn't matter)

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

wait for sales! They are regularly half price or better.

also what system are you playing this on?

• Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »

Just got t7 for xmas. Will look out for these deals on dlc.

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Heads up for those that didn't know. Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax Ignition is on sale till the 5th (Japan time) for the cheapest it's ever been. 75% off. About $18. The two DLC character packs aren't on sale sadly and are ~$7.50 a piece (or $15 for both).
    https://store.playstation.com/ja-jp/product/JP0177-CUSA03475_00-DFCIGNITION00000

It's French Bread's crazy (and crazy good) Light Novel character crossover fighter. The people that make Melty Blood and Under Night.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options

PLAYSTATION QUATRO

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Heads up for those that didn't know. Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax Ignition is on sale till the 5th (Japan time) for the cheapest it's ever been. 75% off. About $18. The two DLC character packs aren't on sale sadly and are ~$7.50 a piece (or $15 for both).
    https://store.playstation.com/ja-jp/product/JP0177-CUSA03475_00-DFCIGNITION00000

It's French Bread's crazy (and crazy good) Light Novel character crossover fighter. The people that make Melty Blood and Under Night.

just needs more colons and an EX or two in the title.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »

just needs more colons and an EX or two in the title.

Listen, if you wanna play Arcana Heart 3 Love Max SIX STARS!!!!!! you can just say so

• Options

PLAYSTATION QUATRO

Dope! Do we have each other on PSN? I'd love to get back into Tekken after not playing for a few months

• Options

PLAYSTATION QUATRO

Dope! Do we have each other on PSN? I'd love to get back into Tekken after not playing for a few months

Maybe? I'm RaijinQ on there.

I'm TERRIBLE right now.

• Options

PLAYSTATION QUATRO

Maybe? I'm RaijinQ on there.

I'm TERRIBLE right now.

I'm middling, but I also know other players at a beginner level, and I def don't mind running some training lobbies.

This discussion has been closed.