As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Remote Play Together is here: The whole internet can be your co-op couch now

• Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    Spent a good chunk of Saturday playing WRC 8 on A Certain Other Game Store, because it's a timed twelve month exclusive on PC. Also found out that my gaming PC lacks the horsepower to both play said game, and also stream it, so it may be time for an upgrade. Maybe throwing another 8gb of RAM will help? Otherwise it's time for a new processor/MoBo combo, and now we're talking about some actual money. I may have to resort to getting new stuff on PS4 and just using my PC as a streaming box.

Anyway, if you don't mind buying from ACOGS, and you have a Dirt-shaped hole in your life, WRC 8 is pretty good. Really unforgiving in a "Should I be playing this on Easy?" way that I'm unfamiliar with from other quasi-sim console racers, but good. It seems like the physics engine might be a little too snappy, but I need some more time to sort that out.

Spent Sunday playing "How fast can you run 26.2 miles?" and then recovered by watching Hand-Egg games while drinking beer. Beat my old 26.2 score by seven minutes. The 26.2 game has really good graphics, but I wish someone had turned off the weather effects for this race - five hours of misty rain just isn't great. It's like the devs were cheating to cover the low draw distance.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    shdwcaster wrote: »
    Spent a good chunk of Saturday playing WRC 8 on A Certain Other Game Store, because it's a timed twelve month exclusive on PC. Also found out that my gaming PC lacks the horsepower to both play said game, and also stream it, so it may be time for an upgrade. Maybe throwing another 8gb of RAM will help? Otherwise it's time for a new processor/MoBo combo, and now we're talking about some actual money. I may have to resort to getting new stuff on PS4 and just using my PC as a streaming box.

Anyway, if you don't mind buying from ACOGS, and you have a Dirt-shaped hole in your life, WRC 8 is pretty good. Really unforgiving in a "Should I be playing this on Easy?" way that I'm unfamiliar with from other quasi-sim console racers, but good. It seems like the physics engine might be a little too snappy, but I need some more time to sort that out.

Spent Sunday playing "How fast can you run 26.2 miles?" and then recovered by watching Hand-Egg games while drinking beer. Beat my old 26.2 score by seven minutes. The 26.2 game has really good graphics, but I wish someone had turned off the weather effects for this race - five hours of misty rain just isn't great. It's like the devs were cheating to cover the low draw distance.

Turok is probably the only guy who could beat Doom guy in a footrace

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    @Aistan if you want some tips or input, let me know. It took me 4 tries to get through the beginning of the game and really enjoy myself.

So I said "fuck this" and farmed better mechs after the super hard story mission with the ammo crates. I have 700 weeks days in the current game and I've finished 3 of 12 story missions after getting [really cool ship].

@shdwcaster someone crazy decided to add DLC and extend the game to 70.3 miles. It's the Dark Souls of running.

Mugsley on
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    7xyut29jvof2.png

Oh yeah, that totally reminds me... might as well cross-post this here.

Huh. A raspberry beret.

Like, the kind you find in a second-hand store?

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Okay so I did the Humble Bundle thing and have Battletech installing now so why is it when I look at the DLC bundles on Steam they don't do the thing where they discount the base game because you already own it? It doesn't even list it as already in my library!

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    7xyut29jvof2.png

Oh yeah, that totally reminds me... might as well cross-post this here.

Huh. A raspberry beret.

Like, the kind you find in a second-hand store?

And if it were warm, she wouldn't wear much more.

BECAUSE JAPAN.

Wow, that works on a couple levels.

• Options
    MassenaMassena Registered User regular
    Played around with Greedfall after the initial reviews looked promising. Have about 2 hours in and am just out of the tutorial area. So far, it looks exactly like whatever you think it is, and if you thought it looked cool as hell like I did, you're probably right.. The combat (I'm pistols and single blades) is clean if not too groundbreaking in any way. There are small amounts of jank (some of the animations and it REALLY doesn't seem too use system resources too efficiently), but nothing that would ruin things.

The game OOZES atmosphere. There's serious worldbuilding going on and it's all kind of familiar and kind of different and its presented through GREAT voice actors (I think I recognize a few from Witcher 3). Just got the main location, so I can't speak much to story, but so far I'm shocked this game only has a "mixed" rating. They're really nailing atmosphere, multiple approaches to situations, and a variety of factions (assuming the rest of the game delivers on the tutorial). There's a LOT to like here.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    9i1j511744fp.jpg

Man, I wish there was a easier way to get screenshots off a PS4.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Okay so I did the Humble Bundle thing and have Battletech installing now so why is it when I look at the DLC bundles on Steam they don't do the thing where they discount the base game because you already own it? It doesn't even list it as already in my library!
    DarkPrimus - I believe whether or not you get credit for owning the base game when you buy a bundle is up to the developer or publisher. It's definitely not a blanket policy.

Ed Gruberman on
    steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    9i1j511744fp.jpg

Press Share to take screenshot, go into Capture Gallery, highlight desired screenshot, press Options, copy to USB storage device?

I wish the Xbox One could do that, rather than having to upload to OneDrive first (which sometimes seems to not want to work, hence the annoyance).

• Options
    QuestorQuestor PAX Aus Tabletop [E] Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Right, so that was a good hour spent on character creation in MonHun

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Cant wait to get home from work to play Blasphemous. "Working" from home tomorrow is good timing as well. will get so much "work" done!!

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Questor wrote: »

How much of that was for your cat

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    9i1j511744fp.jpg

Press Share to take screenshot, go into Capture Gallery, highlight desired screenshot, press Options, copy to USB storage device?

I wish the Xbox One could do that, rather than having to upload to OneDrive first (which sometimes seems to not want to work, hence the annoyance).

Unplug USB, plug into PC, drag photo onto desktop.

Just sharing to Twitter and grabbing it off a garbage account is definitely easier than all that noise.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Questor wrote: »

Look at Speedy Gonzales over here...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Figgy wrote: »
    Jazz wrote: »
    9i1j511744fp.jpg

Unplug USB, plug into PC, drag photo onto desktop.

Just sharing to Twitter and grabbing it off a garbage account is definitely easier than all that noise.

I dunno, it takes two seconds to copy over. It's not that much of a faff really.

But both methods are definitely quicker than the slow-ass hoop to jump through on the Xbox.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    DarkPrimus - I believe whether or not you get credit for owning the base game when you buy a bundle is up to the developer or publisher. It's definitely not a blanket policy.

Ah, I didn't know that bundle codes would actually count differently. I suppose I can't fault them for that, considering how good a deal the bundles are. I'll just wait for the Winter Dale anyway.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Has there been a game that was literally just a super in-depth, character creator without any actual game? Sounds pointless, but completely viable as a joke/gag title for fun.

Edit: Like, call it something like "Epic Journey" and the entire point is to make this super detailed character that takes hours to complete. You can then share them in pre-rendered cutscene videos on social media or youtube. The videos would be stuff like a kata, a battle, a tea party, a flying/driving scene, and so forth.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Mugsley wrote: »

@shdwcaster someone crazy decided to add DLC and extend the game to 70.3 miles. It's the Dark Souls of running.

If I get good enough at my speed runs in the base game, I may check out that DLC. Or the other DLC that adds bicycles and swimming to the challenge. :biggrin:

• Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Has there been a game that was literally just a super in-depth, character creator without any actual game? Sounds pointless, but completely viable as a joke/gag title for fun.

Edit: Like, call it something like "Epic Journey" and the entire point is to make this super detailed character that takes hours to complete. You can then share them in pre-rendered cutscene videos on social media or youtube. The videos would be stuff like a kata, a battle, a tea party, a flying/driving scene, and so forth.

I recall Black Desert once being described as a character creator with a game bolted on to it.

• Options
    EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    Pokes head in between shifts and notices a Space Mutiny reference
    image0-22.jpg

Carry on

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular

Isn't that most MMOs?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    EvmaAlsar wrote: »
    Pokes head in between shifts and notices a Space Mutiny reference
    image0-22.jpg

Carry on

"Cole Flexgroin"

I'm dying :lol:

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

Blender?

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular

Some of the Illusion games have huge and very detailed character generators so your in-game waifus can be 100% accurate. I think one of them is even on Steam.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Mornington Crescent?

I remember playing it on the Genesis, the remake news came out of nowhere. Hopefully it doesn't get snapped up by EGS because it would make for some decent co-op.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »

Some of the Illusion games have huge and very detailed character generators so your in-game waifus can be 100% accurate. I think one of them is even on Steam.

One of their games just popped up on my Steam Special Offers area. Made me wonder if Steam knew I read MNCDover's post and wanted me to tell him about it.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    Just so we're clear, @Stolls is a monster who should not be trusted with catapults, or anything in an ACME box.
    They struck viciously, knowing my affection for slightly janky post-apocalyptic RPG's, and flung Underrail (and the expansion!) at me.
    Thanks mate! I had a quick look, and realised:

a) This game wants me to min-max my stats
    b) I need to spend a bit of time reading some character guides before I start so I don't make something I only find out is broken 20 hours in
    c) this may take some time

But it looks fun, and I look forward to a proper deep-dive shortly!

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

One of their games just popped up on my Steam Special Offers area. Made me wonder if Steam knew I read MNCDover's post and wanted me to tell him about it.

Was that Koikatsu Party?

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Betsuni wrote: »

Was that Koikatsu Party?

Yep, that is the one. Read the description since I was trying to figure out what it is. Plus to see if Pixie has it (she does not) which would mean it is a "quality" game. Then saw it is about character creation.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    Just so we're clear, @Stolls is a monster who should not be trusted with catapults, or anything in an ACME box.
    They struck viciously, knowing my affection for slightly janky post-apocalyptic RPG's, and flung Underrail (and the expansion!) at me.
    Thanks mate! I had a quick look, and realised:

a) This game wants me to min-max my stats
    b) I need to spend a bit of time reading some character guides before I start so I don't make something I only find out is broken 20 hours in
    c) this may take some time

But it looks fun, and I look forward to a proper deep-dive shortly!

The most important thing you need to know about Underrail is to use Oddity XP.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Surprised you all aren't talking about this game.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    I... I thought that was a joke when I skimmed through my gaming headlines this morning. Clicked on it and nope, it is really from KFC. Plus it has a Corgi in a Chef's outfit!

Edit: Bad keyboard.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    On the one hand, I hate weird advertising always trying to insert itself into your life.

On the other hand, Professor Dog.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I don't like @Shade, he's so mean. Look at the terribleness he unleashes, gifting people things like we got the time for this!

FfjOcWE.png

• Options
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    It should make you goto an IRL KFC for virtual dates and you get coupons for every successful Colonel Sanders flirt.

The future is scary and filled with corporate dating sims and chicken sandwiches. Karl Marx could never have predicated that this is how capitalism wins

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    I’m surprised it wasn’t Arby’s.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Syngyne wrote: »
    I’m surprised it wasn’t Arby’s.
    You can date an oven mitt on your own time :|

This discussion has been closed.