As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Over the years I've had a bunch of my Warhammer books spiral bound. It's nice to see they are going that route.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    Apparently stuff from the GHB has leaked, and one notable thing is that there is points for a "Scinari Enlightener", a Lumineth hero which currently does not exist.

Kind of soft confirms that the autumn Order Battletome will be LRL, and that the rumours of them vs Tzeentch in a box are looking good. (Tzeentch doesn't have a likewise new character in the GHB, so it's possible that they're getting an updated existent sculpt à la the Skaven Deathmaster instead.)

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Tzeentch does still have a few resin heroes floating around the range that wouldn't mind an update, Blue Scribes, I think the Curseling and Fatemaster too?

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Can a player use all out defense and all out attack on one unit?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Stragint wrote: »

Realm lords

Wardens and the ballista with a banner with either the calligrave or stonemage
    As my brother plays this with the come and get it ideal [he uses the ballista to attack the wardens to defend them with the banner to buff and either the calligrave to get better shots or the stonemage for better D

Brainleech on
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »

No. A unit cannot receive more than one command ability in the same phase.

Though they could receive AoD in the shooting phase, then AoA in the subsequent combat phase.

• Options
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/06/22/a-big-balance-update-hits-the-mortal-realms-as-war-comes-to-gallet/

The new battlescroll marks the end of the previous priority targets/prime hunters bandaid, but actually contains some pretty solid, targeted fixes to a lot of both specific problem units and underperforming factions, a pretty solid balancing effort, I think.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    After two years of pandemic I might actually start playing again, two friends will be doing some Path for Glory/GHB 2022 starting at 1k points.

Was wondering what I can do with either Bone Bros or Large Adult Sons at 1k. Was kind of considering a Bone Pony list, but OBR feel a bit weird at 1k.

• Options
    I really started to play over the pandemic but small games as it became an on going discussion of how do we store our armies? the table to use? and other parts. My brother's snide comments about how the sylvaneth went from a handful of models to two handfuls
    I have yet to build the mortal slaanesh army I got earlier this year since I was playing with the demon part [I do need to get the keeper and I would like to get the voice and talon as well} since he will not let me play the with the DoK or Idoneth all the time
    I do need to get the Idoenth book as well

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    New Skaven battletome seems pretty solid. Really looking forward to the path to glory stuff I have access to now.

Just reinforced my PTG list to include 40 clanrats so now I'm rolling with an arch warlock, 5 skryre acolytes, and a unit of stormfiends.

Hopefully I can screen better and actually manage to win now.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Skaven feel very legit from the few games I have heard about from their new tome.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    A new hype box is on the horizon
    fauv5z94orff.png
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/06/27/magical-might-comes-to-the-fore-in-the-latest-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-battlebox/
    2qm8rsf8plrn.png
    Scinari Enlightener
    Realm Lords
    Vs
    Tzeentch
    pggzrko3y7lw.png
    The new Cursling

Sadly my brother just wants the new mage nothing else

• Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    GW please, I don't need even more Tzaangors.

I think I already have like 30 or 40.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Oh man, I loooove that withered twin guy. That’s a faction selling model.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    I kind of like the pose on the previous Curseling model, with the twin whispering in their brother's ear, but this one is fine too, and looks more like a generic character, whereas the old model was originally supposed to be a specific dude, if I remember right?

Lumineth sorceress is a pretty solid interpretation of a simple concept, I like her, even if the faction could probably have used some sort of infantry melee hero more than another 5 wound wizard, but whatever.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I have to admit, I've been saying very confidently for a long time that these two books were going to be LRL and Tzeentch. While I never had much doubt, it is really nice to see that I haven't been saying this for months to only look stupid later.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Can’t help but see the new curseling pose as “Look Marty! It erased!”
    This is in no way a bad thing.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    I kind of like the pose on the previous Curseling model, with the twin whispering in their brother's ear, but this one is fine too, and looks more like a generic character, whereas the old model was originally supposed to be a specific dude, if I remember right?

I agree that the interaction between them was more interesting in the previous one, but the way they were conjoined looked kind of bad imho (the withered twin's body extended out from the Curseling's in a way that looked more like a lazily-rendered appendage that suddenly becomes an upper torso). To me, the new one looks a lot better in that regard.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    I asked my brother if he wanted more of a melee hero or yet another Mage
    He said this mini [not seeing the rules} and the twins lean more to Tyrion than Teclis. As the Mage using Hysh as her power is the light compared to the moon. But he like me is more dismayed it's an another book just for one mini

• Options
    It's a clanrat and an odd coin this month
    cpt65gmsrql5.png

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Amazing how boring a lot of the realm lord models are

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Is that the citadel colour shield?

• Options
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Is that the citadel colour shield?

yes

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular

GW managed to turn my favourite faction of Warhammer into my least liked new faction in AoS. I turn into a salty curmudgeon everytime a new realmlord model is released.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Also aren't the realm lords like real shitty in the lore?

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    There are a lot of elves in AoS and I do not care for most of them

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options

Everyone is d6mqjl2lyaq3.jpg

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I was under the impression that a thing about all Warhammer factions is that they all suck in their own way.

• Options
    honovere wrote: »

GW managed to turn my favourite faction of Warhammer into my least liked new faction in AoS. I turn into a salty curmudgeon everytime a new realmlord model is released.

My brother is super salty about what happened to the wood elves. He did not have a lot of dryads and such because fire spells were popular with the people he played against [There was a lot of undead armies he would talk about ranging from the tomb kings to zombie hordes}
    His other army the High elves he is mad about how Caledor? is in Khaine end times book. Which is why he says when he finishes painting them he will just put them on display
    I have asked him if he will play the rebooted Warhammer and he said maybe but will not say what he will play?

With the Sylvaneth it is the part of the wood elves he did not have so it is in his words a goof around force
    The realm lords are in his words high elves perfected {though he wants a dragon rider or such}

I know I tired to get him less salty since the GW store had an odd deal with a dinged box of the Idoneth xmas deal if you bought the army book as well
    He got to a certain place in the book closed with a nope

Before they came out with the Realm Lords hype box he would loudly complain how I got the army I wanted to play in Warhammer [the DoK}

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular

Very fashy. Grimdarkified high elves.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    So I see the Skaven have Clanrats box, but is there anything like a Slave rats box?

Im trying to recreate a vermintide scenario

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    So I see the Skaven have Clanrats box, but is there anything like a Slave rats box?

I don't think Skaven slaves have a model in AoS. They definitely don't have rules.

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular

I'm sad that we never got an Ubersreik Five box. That would be a fun group of models to paint I think.

Release the box, then put rules for a custom Vermintide style scenario for Warcry in that month's White Dwarf. Bam. GW, if you're listening, you can have that one for free.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »

Very fashy. Grimdarkified high elves.

That's pretty much what I'd heard yeah. While it's true that in WH everybody is a bit of a dick, it feels like AoS leans into that way more than WHF did

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    I’m sure I’ve said it before but the grand alliances only measure on one axis in dnd terms; law vs chaos. With Death on the extreme end of law and Chaos on the chaos end (naturally). Expecting “good” from one faction or another just because they’re on Team Sigmar is building on a false assumption.

• Options
    I mean I didn't expect the Daughters of Khaine or any of the Vampires to be good guys, but I was sort of hoping the High Elf stand ins would at least be like, pretty alright. Like maybe a bit racist and arrogant but still generally more good than not.

• Options
    I don't know, the Flesh-eater Courts seem like normal aristocrats minding their own business. They're just a little hungry is all.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    I always found GW's settings to be childish and edgelordish. Everything is terrible and everyone is terrible and everything will end terribly. And I should care about any of this why?

(I have heard the argument that it's supposed to be satire but a) it's not particularly interesting anyway and b) everything I've read from them has been playing everything 100% straight, so I don't buy it.)

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    I'm willing to believe it started out as a decent attempt at satire, with soccer hooligan orcs and a spacefaring fascist British empire of the far future.

But so much has been built on top that the original idea isn't visible anymore. And then Age of Sigmar is pretty devoid of any deeper meaning.

I still like the aesthetics of it all though, and the little that I've played of it has been fun.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    They have cool minis and the game's alright, but the setting is mostly a collection of my least favorite tropes. And what cool ideas there are, story and setting wise, are buried under that.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
This discussion has been closed.