As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Ah I took a more full bodied picture from the front since some of my previous ones came out unfocused I noticed in retrospect.

bZoDq46h.jpg

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    That is so good.

Even though I want him for AoS, I am still putting the dead primaris marine on him.

Only good use for one of those models.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    honovere wrote: »
    I bet belakor's sword painted with one of those super black blacks would look cool.

squidmar did some tests with musou black

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMgPNudXHV4

tl:dr it absorbs so much light that even a thin layer will make discerning any model contours or details near impossible, but it's very delicate and powdery when dried so it can be rubbed off easy without sealant

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I think that using one of those superblack paints for little details might be cool. Stuff like portals, or open doorways, or the bottom of wells or small pits to fake distance.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    honovere wrote: »
    I bet belakor's sword painted with one of those super black blacks would look cool.

squidmar did some tests with musou black

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMgPNudXHV4

tl:dr it absorbs so much light that even a thin layer will make discerning any model contours or details near impossible, but it's very delicate and powdery when dried so it can be rubbed off easy without sealant

Midwinter Minis also did one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8IY0Wz50ag

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    It's definitely for display models only. But I think it might work well for the smokey shadows of Belakor's sword.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Ok I've ordered the Musou, hopefully this clears customs, the vendor doesn't seem sure it will.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    That are some cool and freaky vampires alright. But how many characters can you even field in a single army. There must be a dozen vampires by now plus the blood Knights.

Oh, dire wolves.

And now for something completely different. Chibi AoS video games

honovere on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Radukar the Beast is 100% from a repurposed Cursed City expansion.

• Options
    Yeah, that a "you haven't even seen my final form yet" expansion

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Yeah, that pretty much confirms there's nothing new coming for cursed city but that there was at some point. We might see some as white dwarf content at some point, but perhaps not after the limited run of the main box.

I'm not huge on Kragnos, I've never been a big fan of when they try to boost Destruction by making a big Destruction guy to boss everyone around, I don't play Destruction, I play Ogors, you know? Plus I generally need an aesthetic through-line in my armies, and he doesn't really match. Cool model though!

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    What put Cursed City down? Covid?

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    No-Quarter wrote: »

It's a spooky mystery! There's tonnes of rumours circling around, but we probably won't ever know unless someone in the relevant department speaks up. Could be covid, could be brexit tariffs, could be moulds breaking, could be all sorts of things.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    No-Quarter wrote: »

Shipping logistics probably. Combo Covid/Brexit with a seasoning of Ever Given.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Fucking brexit, man

• Options
    So with Kragnos closing out Broken Realms, I'm guessing we are on track for a 3rd Edition release this summer?

I just want a new book for my Nigthaunt D:

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Not really feeling the Vampidragotaurs. The middle limbs being hand like wings doesn’t sit right. Feels like it would be really awkward in flight.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    That Kragnos mini (or maybe the paint job) seems pretty meh to me.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    That Kragnos mini (or maybe the paint job) seems pretty meh to me.

It just looks like a really big normal guy

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Doesn't help that to me he looks like a sweet Beasts of Chaos character.

• Options
    nV47YPf7gFroOdmf.jpg

that's a spicy rule for him though

note, it's the casting value no roll

• Options
    Yeah, that's pretty juicy, they said he had a 2+ save on the show too, and they mentioned his wound count but I can't recall if it was 14 or 18.

• Options
    it's just very weird he's from ghur and a beastly manthing

and

not in BoC???

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Am I the only one hyped for Soulblights?

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »

I am vampire curious I just don't have enough play time to split between 40k and aos at the moment.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

I would be if it wasn't for my ghosts sitting on the shelf and scowling at me.

• Options
    Dont care about any vampires but vampirates

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Dont care about any vampires but vampirates

I feel they will do that for the Warhammer Reboot since they are a popular part of the total war game

• Options
    NechriahNechriah Chookity!Registered User regular

I keep looking at AoS and I think the vampires might be what finally gets me to take the plunge

I’m mostly into the hobby side of things, I sometimes play 40K with a friend and his kid, but my local store seems to have more of an AoS scene so I’m thinking it’s Dracula time

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular

I'm super hyped but there's just no room for a new AoS faction in my limited hobby time.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular

At least one other person is.

(It's me.)

Those vengorians, dang. I love the other characters too, great sculpts.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    My partner is!

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, the vampires all look sweet for sure, if I had space I'd be interested in making them my Death army. I just wish they'd leaned more into the bloodborne monstrosity vibe rather than mostly just redoing vampire counts, I was hoping for more AoS wackiness.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Similar to complaints above about Kragnos looking too much like a Beasts of Chaos IC, I think going Bloodborne-style with the new vampires would just end up making them look like Chaos mutants & daemons (specifically Khorne for the early stuff, Nurgle and/or Tzeentch for the later stuff). Bloodborne is amazing, but it's not trying to separate death and madness into distinct factions like AoS is.

Edit: alternatively, Flesh Eater Courts already exist, and they kinda match the early Bloodborne stuff.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I find it kind of sad people are begging for new beastmen after seeing Kragnos sighting how they really have not had an update for sometime
    Craftworld players find it quaint

• Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    Kragnos looks like a generic monster model from a 3rd party mini company. It's an objectively great model that makes me feel nothing.

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Maybe if they had done something interesting with his face/head at least. As is he really just looks like a big centigor. Plus spikes growing out of random places is looking more chaos than destruction, too.

honovere on
  • Options
    The big demon horns don't help either, a big crown of drake bones or something might suit better.

• Options
    Or a nice set of antlers.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Hey GW if you're reading this do me a favor and release Warcry rules for the enemies from Cursed City as well as those cool looking vampire hunter humans you've been showing off so I can have a small scale vampires vs vampire hunters skirmish game k thanks.

This discussion has been closed.