As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cyberpunk 2077, the Seizure Inducing Videogame, Released December 10

19596979899101»

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Great tip scheck, makes the game look MUCH better.

Drez, hit alt+z, click game filters, click 1, click add filter, select sharpen. Makes a world of difference. Crazy.

So yeah this game is HUGE. I've spent most of the day just walking around the city. It's amazing. And that's just, like 2 small blocks of the very first district.

@firewaterword Hey - question, when I click "Game Filters" in game, it only has one option - a toggle to enable Photo Mode?

hm, filter mode should be below photo mode.. it's the third option to the left
    kt3p16p7a37d.png
    you can also just press ALT + F3 to access is directly
    Then click on one of the three slots in the top row, select "add filter", and select the "sharpen" filter
    jk5hk3lhrrqy.png

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    My favorite bug so far. Slight spoiler for an early mission character.

https://youtu.be/7HSx6MOcHQ0

Dum Dum continues following you everywhere you go. Potentially a feature.

Bethesda would be proud.

You know, for a while I thought that maybe he was doing me a solid, that maybe I had enough street cred with the Maelstroms that he just decided to follow me around.

And then I loaded up again and he was gone... which was a shame, but it was fun taking him in to the shops when I was buying clothes and such.

Am I the only one who wants customized outfits? For some reason I feel the need to play this game with a work outfit and a play outfit.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular

Drez, hit alt+z, click game filters, click 1, click add filter, select sharpen. Makes a world of difference. Crazy.

So yeah this game is HUGE. I've spent most of the day just walking around the city. It's amazing. And that's just, like 2 small blocks of the very first district.

@firewaterword Hey - question, when I click "Game Filters" in game, it only has one option - a toggle to enable Photo Mode?

kt3p16p7a37d.png
    Then click on one of the three slots in the top row, select "add filter", and select the "sharpen" filter
    jk5hk3lhrrqy.png

I’m wasn’t getting those options.

Then I enabled “experimental features” in the GeForce Experience app and now when I click on Game Filter, I get an error that says “An error occurred. Please restart your game to use this feature.”

I then restarted my game a few times and even my computer. Nothing. Same error:

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Blunt weapons are technically non lethal but if you need to kill somebody, you can still do it with blunt by just hitting them while they're knocked out to finish them off.

Just throwing that out there for anybody that might need it.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    Any accepted recommendations for early level ups? Skills I should get first, etc?

Auto-delete junk, under crafting.

That also deletes the jewelry that you can sell for $750 though. Junk hasn't really been a problem for me at all, you can press one button to sell it.

The problem is all the guns I have to dismantle one at a time.

• Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular

kt3p16p7a37d.png
    jk5hk3lhrrqy.png

Anyone else read that as "VideoBewbies"?

... just me?

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    messing around with photo mode

4ynZLLoh.jpg

Smoa4Imh.jpg

also apparently hattori hanzo steel hammered and folded 10k times &c can chop 2 heads in one mighty blow with zero points in anything other than weebery

https://clips.twitch.tv/TriumphantFantasticRutabagaFunRun

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Big fan of counter attacking with melee, hopefully Bethesda steals that.

Also, the first mod we need is radio on foot. Kind of a waste to have all that music but only in the car.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    @autono-wally, erotibot300 @firewaterword

OK, after some research, I figured it out. Apparently, Star Wars Squadrons (which I have) disables NvCamera, which is necessary for Ansel and the various game filters employed by GeForce Experience. I had to manually go open up this: C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Ansel\NvCameraConfiguration.exe

And then I had to renable NvCamera. Just in case anyone else goes through this.

I can confirm that the Sharpen filter has a fantastic impact with no noticeable difference to performance. Thank you!

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular

OK, after some research, I figured it out. Apparently, Star Wars Squadrons (which I have) disables NvCamera, which is necessary for Ansel and the various game filters employed by GeForce Experience. I had to manually go open up this: C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Ansel\NvCameraConfiguration.exe

I can confirm that the Sharpen filter has a fantastic impact with no noticeable difference to performance. Thank you!

glad to hear it works nicely, and you found the solution!

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I’ve made a character. I think I’m going to redo it though. How’s the stealth system in the game? Say, what percentage subjectively can I stealth around and do things with no guns? Or is that not quite a thing here and I shouldn’t max stealth at the beginning?

• Options
    I’ve made a character. I think I’m going to redo it though. How’s the stealth system in the game? Say, what percentage subjectively can I stealth around and do things with no guns? Or is that not quite a thing here and I shouldn’t max stealth at the beginning?

From my limited experience, it's very hard to pull off at the beginning, but I have a feeling it will flesh out a lot more later in the game. You will likely want to concentrate on both Cool and Body in the game, as you will need to be stealthy to get close, and then be really tanky so you can survive running after your prey.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Finished the story sequence show in trailers. I am going to fucking kill everyone .

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular

It can be done but you're going to have to get creative and there are (from reviewers) some times where you have to shoot your way out. However, its possible through various distractions and hacks. You are likely going to be limited in the beginning though, lacking any real daemons (hacks you upload to a system) and quickhacks ("combat" hacks that happen outside of Breach mode) - or any real space on your Cyberdeck to hold the good stuff.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Stealth seems fairly good with hacking. Creating distractions or using other hacking abilities and then breaking necks and throwing knives is fun.

I spread around my perks lots so I’ve been trying bits of everything other then blunt melee.

Next char will be all about that though.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Finished the story sequence show in trailers. I am going to fucking kill everyone .

What's amazing is that, so far, everything I've seen from the trailers/gameplay has been pretty much ALL from the prologue. Be very interested to see where the story goes.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    So Johnny doesn’t seem
    like a good guy ... or someone I can trust

• Options
    edited December 2020
    So Johnny doesn’t seem
    like a good guy ... or someone I can trust

Johnny has always been a punk rocker violent terrorist. It's just not that noticeable because his enemies are megacorporations, and they are by far more shit than he will ever be.

Quiotu on
    wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular

Oh man this has been killing me, it was just broken on other games and I had no idea why so thanks for posting the fix! Works now!

Unfortunately for me just having the nvidia in-game overlay on in general drops about 20 fps, even before turning on filters (which don't seem to make it worse) so yeah, your results may vary I guess. I'm running Ultra RT presets (minus film grain and CA) at 3440x1440 with DLSS turned on and I get ~50-60 pretty consistently. The moment I turn on the overlay? ~30-40 FPS. I might mess around with it some more but ouch.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    Any accepted recommendations for early level ups? Skills I should get first, etc?

Auto-delete junk, under crafting.

Insert joke about accidentally deleting your junk here.

Insert joke about inserting your junk here.

• Options
    now this just seems like a sensible hat choice
    fkuiaog14lfw.png

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Yeah so my worst fears have come true. I can't play this on a controller due to my munted arm/hand. I was hoping since I managed to play horizon I'd manage it but I'm getting that old familiar arm pain. This is the same pain that resulted in finger lock several years ago so there's no chance of pushing it. This is my body saying "stop right now"

I rang up the retailer and explained my situation and they were nice enough to let me return it as long as its in new condition, which it is, i haven't even touched the other stuff that comes with the disc, and the discs are mint.

So now I'm downloading it on gog.

This is gonna be fun. I don't even have an ssd that can fit it and I don't have the funds or capability to buy one right now (long story, just accept its true atm, gonna get one asap).

Out of desperation I had a look into geforce now but that isn't available in Australia anyway. Flat out, not an option.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    z26iw7yj2ddr.jpg

Frick yes

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    now this just seems like a sensible hat choice
    fkuiaog14lfw.png

I need that hat.

My collector's edition guide was waiting on my porch when I got home from work. Took the shrink wrap off and thumbed through some images before it goes into the closet until my first playthrough is done.

This thing is legit, nearly 5lbs and the cover has metallic inks and a cool depth of field effect on it:
    9yv3l3zcg5tg.jpg

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    I'm so tempted by this game, especially with the rpg aspects, but I'm known to put 4-5 hours into an open world game and never touching it again.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Geth, recycle the thread

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was puttering along at 1/4 thrusters

@Drez will create the new thread
    @Drez is backup

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Glad this thread got to close on a software bug.

YL9WnCY.png
This discussion has been closed.