As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cyberpunk 2077, the Seizure Inducing Videogame, Released December 10

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I'll say that this photo mode lacks a key feature that would really help me make photos, and that's "have V look at camera"

Honestly after FF14 using any photo mode that doesn't have that feels so much worse, but this game feels especially finicky

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    How does saving work in this is it checkpoint autosave or manual?

theres both, it autsaves pretty often too

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Man, relatively early streetkid spoiler
    I was prepared to hate on the maelstrom, but then they offered me a toke, listened to reason, and in the end the guy even gave me his inhaler.

Nice people! Mostly!

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    I'll say that this photo mode lacks a key feature that would really help me make photos, and that's "have V look at camera"

Honestly after FF14 using any photo mode that doesn't have that feels so much worse, but this game feels especially finicky
    @Olivaw Look in the 'poses' section of the settings. It's definitely a feature that's in there, just not for every pose.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Every day we stray further from God's light.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    So, I made it up to the cold open last night, and FUCK

Story spoilers to follow:
    Jackie. I already saw it in the one trailer that intro'd Keanu, so I knew it was happening, but it still fucking sucked.

I'm at the part where Vik brings you back from near death due to the Dex headshot he gave you and V and Johnny are clashing and, I have to say, the writing and dialogue in this game has been on point.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    I long for the day developers no longer feel the need to spend time making junk items that clutter areas and waste your time picking them up then take up space in your inventory until you can convert them to real monies. Just such an unnecessary addition to any game—feels like we're incrementally improving, with how most of them have a "sell all junk" button, but man, just get rid of it.
    @SoundsPlush Agreed, though to be fair there is a perk you can get that auto-converts your junk items into crafting mats.
    Not sure where it is on the perk tree though, but I've definitely come across it while I was quickly browsing through the menus.

• Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Game looks and runs fine on series x but you can really tell it's up-resing in a lot of areas. No where near the shit show of the last gen consoles though.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Yeah. I am actually pretty disappointed with the customization options.

Like I felt games were actually finally starting to put decent Black people hairstyles in their games and this is very much a step back.

And then not being able to alter your build either.

But hey...you can change your penis size or whatever...something Saint's Row did last gen while also offering more options.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Yeah. I am actually pretty disappointed with the customization options.

Like I felt games were actually finally starting to put decent Black people hairstyles in their games and this is very much a step back.

And then not being able to alter your build either.

But hey...you can change your penis size or whatever...

I strongly suspect hairstyle mods are going to be among the first things to appear on the usual sites.

Well, that and more nipple/genital options.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I hope they're going to pile on some hairstyles/makeup colors/nails/tats/cyberware in the free DLC's

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Yeah. I will see. I'm still waiting for the game to wow me. So far this game is feeling very baby's first create a character game in a lot of ways.

Like its taken bits and pieces from Bioware, Bethesada and Rockstar games but with missteps they themselves already corrected years ago.

That said I'm still early so I'll give the game time to wow me, maybe I wouldn't be so annoyed if it wasn't for all that shit their PR/Hype machine was talking.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    I mean, this is actually the first character creator CDPR ever did..

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Best writing/story I've come across, at least up until the cold open, since W3.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    I long for the day developers no longer feel the need to spend time making junk items that clutter areas and waste your time picking them up then take up space in your inventory until you can convert them to real monies. Just such an unnecessary addition to any game—feels like we're incrementally improving, with how most of them have a "sell all junk" button, but man, just get rid of it.
    @SoundsPlush Agreed, though to be fair there is a perk you can get that auto-converts your junk items into crafting mats.
    Not sure where it is on the perk tree though, but I've definitely come across it while I was quickly browsing through the menus.

It's a Tech skill. There's actually a point in it being a skill as well. If the player wants to sell junk, don't take the skill. If the player just wants to strip everything for parts to make their own stuff, take the skill.
    Every day we stray further from God's light.

I don't even get what these folks are complaining about, they're running a high-end demanding modern game on budget tech from seven years ago. This would be like me bitching because I can't run Doom Eternal on my phone.

• Options
    I mean, this is actually the first character creator CDPR ever did..

And it shows.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular

In the crafting skill tree there's a 1 point perk that'll auto-breakdown any piece of "junk" you pick up into crafting mats as soon as you loot it. It also gives you a small amount of crafting XP as well for every piece.

Loot, Junk, and Skill Tree:
    DO NOT recommend this.

Last night I found two pieces of junk worth 750 €$ each.

Though the breaking down of the junk in the early game is 100% the way to level crafting easily.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    More keys I have to rebind in the XML file because they're not exposed in the ingame interface;

C key to advance tutorial prompts

Z key to toggle between the scan info and scan hacking menus found this one

Press R for non-lethal takedowns

Hold R to pick up bodies

This is amateur shit, guys

Rius on
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Hahaha holy shit, there's as a "V Shot First" camera pose

Edit: Oh, also, I think figured it out - I think the model in the mirror is what's being rendered on the character inventory screen. It's at like 1/4 resolution and detail or something.

Edit 2: Currently rolling with this Gideon the Ninth-inspired V, though I'm hoping I can mix it up as the game goes on.
    k6hy59dsxuwg.png

jdarksun on
  • Options
    how do you enter the camera posing UI again?

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2020

PC - press "N"

Real fucking intuitive, CDPR

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    I had the mirror bug out too on ps5. Was completely bald. It's obviously just a hardcoded thing since it only works when you interact with it and you can only do specific things with it, and they must have somehow screwed up and did that hardcoded stuff at low res.
    I reckon it's basically just running embedded video animations, like the ads.

It’s more likely that it’s not a mirror. And is instead a duplicate of your model reversed. The reason bugs happen is because sometimes it fails to load the assets on your model since it’s attaching your model assets to the mirror model and then running the animation sequence

This is how mirrors used to be done in games like deus ex (Though i do not believe that the model was swapped in deus ex) and it would be a simple option for an early implementation (which you might have for the mirror in a demo) that was not replaced with a proper mirror.

Resolution issues are probably just because you’re closer to the model than you normally would be that or because the mirror world is a static rendering environment with preset definitions because it was created as a module for a tech demo

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    The idea that I won't be able to customize my character differently after creation is a real damn downer. Even our friend Geralt could get a damn haircut. I want to change my haircolor at will, damnit!

Zombie Gandhi on
  • Options

PC - press "N"

(character screenshot)
    Life is a fleeting collection of memories
    obm2hlw193in.jpg

What? No, you can't play, I'm thinking

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular

PC - press "N"

It is.

Press "N" for "NOW I WILL STRIKE A POSE!"

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    omfg the fucking (relatively early game)
    taxi is killing me.

"Armed AI Taxis? Is that even legal?"
    "Of course, because of the second amandment! You're fully in your right to "bear" me"

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    But I will say while gameplay wise I am not impressed, I have enjoyed what I've seen of the setting.

• Options
    omfg the fucking (relatively early game)
    taxi is killing me.

"Armed AI Taxis? Is that even legal?"
    "Of course, because of the second amandment! You're fully in your right to "bear" me"

I'm fairly certain I know where you are in the game, and things are about to actually start happening.

Buckle up.

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    But I will say while gameplay wise I am not impressed, I have enjoyed what I've seen of the setting.

The shooting mechanics actually do get considerably better the more you play. I've noticed a massive improvement in feel, especially once you invest in some perks and start cranking that damage.

I actually had a gunfight I would classify as "exciting" fairly recently, and it ended with me bullcharging a guy who was almost dead (I was likewise) and just leveling them with a shotgun blast when he reloaded.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Joker: And here...we ...go

lec36299bv7g.png

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    htmhtm Registered User regular
    The idea that I won't be able to customize my character differently after creation is a real damn downer. Even our friend Geralt could get a damn haircut. I want to change my haircolor at will, damnit!

Yeah, the lack of a barbershop and transmog is pretty baffling.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited December 2020

It is truly bizarre to me that I can change out my character’s physics rendered genitals but the hair is a no go.

Quid on
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yeah the gunplay takes some getting used to, but now I'm in love with it, probably partly putting stats into it and then just getting used to it.

Big hand cannons allll day

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Dixon wrote: »
    Yeah the gunplay takes some getting used to, but now I'm in love with it, probably partly putting stats into it and then just getting used to it.

Big hand cannons allll day

The big f-off revolver definitely makes me feel like Decker looking to retire some fools.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Exactly, I'm just playing it as a Blade Runner simulator.

• Options
    Also I started the game on Hard, so I don't know if that colors my experiences

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    So I will probably play this when I build a new PC next spring, but out of morbid curiosity did anyone pick this up for regular ol' PS4, as in not the Pro? If so, how is it running?

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    I picked up that perk to auto-breakdown junk last night... Interesting tidbit, it actually removed the Junk area completely from my inventory too.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Super disappointed in this character creation.
    Most hairstyles are bad, and desperately need better AA.
    The short nails are too short and the long nails are just ridiculous.
    Hair colors are just wtf. Where's all the normal blondes and browns?
    Face piercing options need more ability to mix and match pieces.
    All of the tattoo options suck.
    Makeup options are generally bad. 6 lip color choices? But eleventy-nine nail colors?
    With everything else it does have, why no body piercings?
    Ah well. I can make do. Just had higher hopes.

Aside from that, the game is pretty cool so far. I'm a bit confused still on some game mechanics (hacking is weird), and apparently my V is made of tissue paper, but that's just me and I'll get it eventually. It runs decent and looks awesome (Ultra + RT, I'm steady at 62-68 FPS at 1440p; Ryzen 3700X + 3080 XC3 Ultra).

Haven't run into any major bugs yet. Just some graphical glitches. My favorite was Jackie walking into a shelf next to a locker, and the locker flipping out, the door spinning around like a fidget spinner, and magazines or papers pr something flying all over the room like confetti.

The mirror is fucky.

I found a cool hat.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
This discussion has been closed.