As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cyberpunk 2077, the Seizure Inducing Videogame, Released December 10

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    I read a bunch of reviews and went into my (PS4 on PS5) preorder, I think, with my expectations well-tempered.

Was up 'till 5AM' playing this thing. And here's the twist - I hated The Witcher and The Witcher II and The Witcher III. Liked none of them. Was so jealous of the experience reviewers and players described, 'cause those games just never, ever grabbed me.

This one's got me. Oh yes. I'm digging a CDPR game, FINALLY.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    remember the "it's ok to not like things" internet video of days gone by?

we really need an "it's ok for you to love something without taking criticism of that thing as a personal attack on your identity" version for the modern age.

. . .you really think someone responding with a The Last Jedi meme is taking the criticism as a personal attack? Come on now. As a great man once said:
    41JRFhJt6tL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    End of prologue (2-3 hours ingame or so?)
    after the heist
    is there any way to save jackie?

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    I haven't really seen many bugs. The biggest thing I've noticed is not being able to pick up some junk on the ground pretty often. In the combat tutorial it wouldn't let me "tag" the people but I also don't think I have the gear to be able to do that so maybe not a bug, especially since it was past the requires part of the tutorial.

I also don't really understand why everyone thinks the game is supposed to be lgbt progressive. It's made by a Polish company, a country that very recently had mass protests about an abortion law. They don't even have women's rights down, let alone smaller minorities of people. They may say they want to be inclusive or something, but that kind of progressivism just isn't there. While they weren't technically in the ussr they were pretty much a part of it, so they've had 30 years to change society and that just isn't enough frankly.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    I gotta say I haven't heard a UI text complaint since the original Dead Rising.
    Tiny text and ui becomes more of a problem for me as time goes on. 2077 is definitely guilty of it.

Its a race to see who can develop the game that requires a microscope to read.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    End of prologue (2-3 hours ingame or so?)
    after the heist
    is there any way to save jackie?

I'm very very positive it's a single unifying story beat.

I KNEW about it and still
    it kind of fucking broke me for a split second. The characters in this game are so good

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Yeah if you take really good character creators from other games, both recent and older, the one here really doesn't rate at all. The end result you can get looks nice because it's a nice looking game, but they way they let you pick the options is so poor it's hard to get the exact result you want out of it.

And getting the result you want is the most important part of a character creator.

If it was a matter of resources that the creator be a bit shit because work had to go elsewhere, then I'm (just) ok with it

The good news is that it can be reasonably fixed with just a bigger breadth of options, possibly from the DLCs, but yeah it's not going to rival a TES or Dark Souls creator (Or hell, Monster Hunter or Nioh 2)

This is CDPR. They could have put resources anywhere they wanted to for this game. My gut feeling for years now has been that they let scope creep get away from them and then didn't have time to finish nearly anything they wanted to cram into the game. Hence the crunch and delays, and then this buggy mess we have at release for them to continue working on.

Yeah I guess they could have done even more crunch time

I think this is right on. I'm not buying the game just yet, but it seems pretty obvious that a lot of this stuff is down to just trying to get the thing out of the door. Ultimately CDPR only has themselves to blame for this, but the decision to release this game wasn't a 100% internal, developer driven "wait until it's ready" thing. Despite being their own publisher, they appear to have taken on quite a lot of private capital to fund their very expensive game. If you feel like reading the details of their October investor call, it's pretty obvious that the decision to release on the 10th was to placate their investors more than rabid fans.

I'm not saying to forgive them for it, because they were overly optimistic with their projections and at some point you can't keep telling your investors to wait. But I do think given time they'll fix most of the issues (with the large exception of performance on prior gen consoles -- that one is just going to be rough with the game pushing the limits of next gen consoles and high end PCs), and unfortunately the practical choices, due to CPDR's prior dumb choices, were to release it now or do even more, even crunchier crunch.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Fiatil wrote: »
    Yeah if you take really good character creators from other games, both recent and older, the one here really doesn't rate at all. The end result you can get looks nice because it's a nice looking game, but they way they let you pick the options is so poor it's hard to get the exact result you want out of it.

And getting the result you want is the most important part of a character creator.

If it was a matter of resources that the creator be a bit shit because work had to go elsewhere, then I'm (just) ok with it

The good news is that it can be reasonably fixed with just a bigger breadth of options, possibly from the DLCs, but yeah it's not going to rival a TES or Dark Souls creator (Or hell, Monster Hunter or Nioh 2)

This is CDPR. They could have put resources anywhere they wanted to for this game. My gut feeling for years now has been that they let scope creep get away from them and then didn't have time to finish nearly anything they wanted to cram into the game. Hence the crunch and delays, and then this buggy mess we have at release for them to continue working on.

Yeah I guess they could have done even more crunch time

I think this is right on. I'm not buying the game just yet, but it seems pretty obvious that a lot of this stuff is down to just trying to get the thing out of the door. Ultimately CDPR only has themselves to blame for this, but the decision to release this game wasn't a 100% internal, developer driven "wait until it's ready" thing. Despite being their own publisher, they appear to have taken on quite a lot of private capital to fund their very expensive game. If you feel like reading the details of their October investor call, it's pretty obvious that the decision to release on the 10th was to placate their investors more than rabid fans.

I'm not saying to forgive them for it, because they were overly optimistic with their projections and at some point you can't keep telling your investors to wait. But I do think given time they'll fix most of the issues (with the large exception of performance on prior gen consoles -- that one is just going to be rough with the game pushing the limits of next gen consoles and high end PCs), and unfortunately the practical choices, due to CPDR's prior dumb choices, were to release it now or do even more, even crunchier crunch.

Oh it's 100% a result of scope creep, no doubt.

I think it'll also be something that gets gradually "fleshed out" as it were in the free DLC's. Which are "Shit we originally planned to do buuuuuut" items.

But yeah, I think CP2077 just kind of shows why things like Star Citizen are so difficult to produce, and why a lot of games are either broadly shallow or deeply specific with their mechanics.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Responding to criticism with your own rebuttal is not taking something as a personal attack on your identity.

I disagree with their assertion and am fully allowed to say something, correct?

I can’t read the fucking text on the inventory screen, dude.

That’s not something you can say is “wrong” that is my objective experience.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Responding to criticism with your own rebuttal is not taking something as a personal attack on your identity.

your response was "nuh uh" which feels like one of the most reasonable responses you've given to criticism of the game and developer these last few months.

• Options
    edited December 2020

your response was "nuh uh" which feels like one of the most reasonable responses you've given to criticism of the game and developer these last few months.

Here we go

Sorry, it's tough typing while my eyes keep rolling out of the sockets

Here: I hate everyone at CDPR and hope they all die in fires. That's what you want me to say, correct? Can I please go back to liking a game without being guilt tripped about how much I lavish praise and love and lick the corporate boots of some polish dev house?

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I was going to hold off, but it got gifted to me and I streamed the first bits of it last night and it sure did lock me into scanner slow mo and break hilariously less than an hour into the game. Bodes well!

Game is real pretty, gonna have to mess with the graphics when I have time, but a 2070 Super and a 3900X with RTX turned off was running everything else at ~60 with the defaults all set to ultra, so should be fine.

The locked scanner slowmo bug happened to me at first Night City thing in the apartment where you looking for the girl.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    IceyIcey Registered User regular
    The locked scanner thing happened to me as well in that section. I thought it was a bug, but it turns out I had hit caps lock which is a toggle for the scanner. Could be the same issue for others?

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    edited December 2020

You're correct, it's just not a complaint I often hear. If you're running certain resolutions, I guess the dark on dark could make it more difficult.

Wasn't there also an issue with the UI and colorblind folks?

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Yeah...tbh the hype surrounding this game was overblown. Partly because of CDPR and partly because of their rabid fanbase.

But if you wanted to play something that feels like Bioware, Bethesda and Rockstar did the fusion dance then this is up your alley(It even has all the bugs!)

And I have been in the market for a AAA character-driven RPG so here I am.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    How's the music? I'm super into synthwave so I hope there's some good synth music...

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    rando
    urahonky wrote: »
    How's the music? I'm super into synthwave so I hope there's some good synth music...

I like it very much.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

Leans toward industrial, but it's all tone-appropriate and done well, at least so far.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Music has been good so far and its usually applied well to fit the situation.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Are there bugs? Yes. (I couldn’t pick up items that had the “nc/u” icon above them, but wouldn’t select - I need thems disassembly parts!)

Is there some problematic stuff pointed out in some of the reviews? yes, and that is causing some internal conflict, no doubt.

However, I spent 10 minutes watching a talk show, commercials, and a DW-like news segment for a fictional city in a fictional world. There were a lot of developers that put their essence into this game and it shows.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
  • Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    Are DMCA notices cyberpunk?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Fiatil wrote: »
    Are DMCA notices cyberpunk?

No, just normal corporate dystopia.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    one of the channels on your apartment TV is named like "all ads" or something similar and honestly, that made me feel all the cyber punks

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I'm also going to give them at least a partial COVID pass. Not a total one, some of the stuff that got through QA seems shameful...but as someone who works in software, the first three'ish months of quarantine were like dead time. It took people a while to get fully ramped up to working remote. Our velocity line in Jira looked like a ramen bowl. And that's writing line of business software that really doesn't require a ton of artistic collaboration. It's absolutely fair to give them a dose of criticism but we also need to acknowledge the dumpster fire that has been 2020 in terms of getting work done in many fields.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Lorek wrote: »
    I picked up that perk to auto-breakdown junk last night... Interesting tidbit, it actually removed the Junk area completely from my inventory too.

I need that perk in real life.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Dusda wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    Anyone have any thoughts on this?

It looks like this even with HDR off.

What the fuck. Is the light supposed to be blinding?
    I'm on PC, on a 2080 Ti, with all settings on Ultra. It runs great but... is this how the game is supposed to look?

(Possible gameplay spoilers)
    Cyberpunk2.jpg

Or is that just my HDR settings, maybe?

edit: Note, that's not constant, just from certain angles.

edit 2: This is my shitty joke about light bloom literally coming back to haunt me, isn't it.

Minor spoilers.
    This is before you've met up with the first ripper doc, right? Sensitivity to light is one of the symptoms he mentions. I dunno if that's causing this, but I had the same thing and never saw it again after meeting with him.
    Correct. Interesting! Thank you.

• Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular

You're correct, it's just not a complaint I often hear. If you're running certain resolutions, I guess the dark on dark could make it more difficult.

For me, using the Deu colorblind option turns the light cyan text into a dark blue that is quite hard to read against the generally dark environments. At least on the monitor I use. I had to turn it back off.

Also, I'd agree that some of the text is too small. For example the environmental conversation subtitles above people are pretty small.

But most bizarrely, even though the game has a text size slider, it has no effect on that text. I don't think it has any effect on the UI text either.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    edited December 2020

For me, using the Deu colorblind option turns the light cyan text into a dark blue that is quite hard to read against the generally dark environments. At least on the monitor I use. I had to turn it back off.

Also, I'd agree that some of the text is too small. For example the environmental conversation subtitles above people are pretty small.

But most bizarrely, even though the game has a text size slider, it has no effect on that text. I don't think it has any effect on the UI text either.

To the bolded: Lol are you kidding? They made the colorblind options harder to see than the normal stuff? C'mon Skeeeeeup CDPR

The text slider having no effect on the UI just kind of cements how much of a trash fire the UI is.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    The text slider is specifically for subtitle text only

• Options
    turning on the default setting nvidia overlay "sharpen" filter makes the game notably crisper at the cost of almost no performance btw

this is true even with both chrom aberration and film grain off

gets rid of the weird foggy feeling free

Hey @surrealitycheck question: Where is that setting? I never use the Nvidia overlay or GeForce experience - where is that sharpen option? I just went in and used the "optimize" feature via GeForce Experience. Looking for what else I can tweak.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    God damn. I didn't know "the conflict" in this game was going to be this heavy. Jesus.

. . .I'm also finding a lot of the complaints from the reviews to just - not be there? The UI is a bit unwieldy sure but it works. There are bugs but I haven't crashed once and I've yet to see t-poses out of LIZZIES. Yes you get a ton of quests, but theres nothing forcing you to answer the call immediately and there are no prompts poking you to do so. Loot is definitely plentiful, however without it you're not crafting any health items or ammo.

At least the praise for the story hit the mark. I'm honestly hoping things slow down a bit honestly.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Great tip scheck, makes the game look MUCH better.

Drez, hit alt+z, click game filters, click 1, click add filter, select sharpen. Makes a world of difference. Crazy.

So yeah this game is HUGE. I've spent most of the day just walking around the city. It's amazing. And that's just, like 2 small blocks of the very first district.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    fms1eiwvnhsh.jpeg

Yeah camera mode checks out. :3

• Options
    turning on the default setting nvidia overlay "sharpen" filter makes the game notably crisper at the cost of almost no performance btw

Hey surrealitycheck question: Where is that setting? I never use the Nvidia overlay or GeForce experience - where is that sharpen option? I just went in and used the "optimize" feature via GeForce Experience. Looking for what else I can tweak.

It's in the GFE in-game Overlay by filters

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Finding all the clues in this mini game is going to be hard but they will not escape me!

• Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    I'm worried about getting this game (mostly my CPU)
    I run:
    i5 - 6600 3.3Ghz
    16GB memory
    RTX 3070 FE

Would it be straining? Not looking for Ultra, but seems like a hefty game!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      Great tip scheck, makes the game look MUCH better.

Drez, hit alt+z, click game filters, click 1, click add filter, select sharpen. Makes a world of difference. Crazy.

So yeah this game is HUGE. I've spent most of the day just walking around the city. It's amazing. And that's just, like 2 small blocks of the very first district.

Thanks!

Oh is ALT-Z what that Nvidia infobox talks about every time I load the game and then ignore? Good to know for the future, lol.

• Options

Hey surrealitycheck question: Where is that setting? I never use the Nvidia overlay or GeForce experience - where is that sharpen option? I just went in and used the "optimize" feature via GeForce Experience. Looking for what else I can tweak.

It's in the GFE in-game Overlay by filters

Thanks!

• Options
      surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
      the first weapon i found is a hot pink double barrel

i call this the "accidental discharge"

215g67spnoeh.png

obF2Wuw.png
    This discussion has been closed.