As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cyberpunk 2077, the Seizure Inducing Videogame, Released December 10

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I long for the day developers no longer feel the need to spend time making junk items that clutter areas and waste your time picking them up then take up space in your inventory until you can convert them to real monies. Just such an unnecessary addition to any game—feels like we're incrementally improving, with how most of them have a "sell all junk" button, but man, just get rid of it.

You could always just not pick up everything you see, including the stuff that's literally just there to provide clutter / set dressing / make the place look more real.

*realizes entire thread is staring at him*

... sorry, I don't know what I was thinking.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    I've been getting pretty lucky on my gear pickups being both good and in theme with Corpo-V:

Cyberpunk2077-2020-12-10-15-48-04-127.jpg

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    It is really weird that you can kill almost anyone and there are often no repercussions. I guess I mostly target gang members with bounties, but I feel like in an elder scrolls game or something you would still get guards hunting you down.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    I long for the day developers no longer feel the need to spend time making junk items that clutter areas and waste your time picking them up then take up space in your inventory until you can convert them to real monies. Just such an unnecessary addition to any game—feels like we're incrementally improving, with how most of them have a "sell all junk" button, but man, just get rid of it.

You could always just not pick up everything you see, including the stuff that's literally just there to provide clutter / set dressing / make the place look more real.

*realizes entire thread is staring at him*

... sorry, I don't know what I was thinking.

The tons of items in here makes sense though: they all give you materials for crafting. Like there definitely should be a "mark as junk" option but it's not like what you pick up is pointless.

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    the first weapon i found is a hot pink double barrel

i call this the "accidental discharge"

215g67spnoeh.png

Well fuck me.

I need this weapon.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    The revolver I use is called "shooting blanks"

wait

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    It is really weird that you can kill almost anyone and there are often no repercussions. I guess I mostly target gang members with bounties, but I feel like in an elder scrolls game or something you would still get guards hunting you down.

Kill civilians and there is armed responses from cops

In theory

Do it enough and they send MaxTac for you

I haven't tried it

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    the first weapon i found is a hot pink double barrel

i call this the "accidental discharge"

215g67spnoeh.png

Well fuck me.

I need this weapon.

I was gonna say, looks like a Pixie Special to me

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Ok awesome side gig spoiler
    found a rouge ninja in a motorbike helmet killing his gang members. He was was overleveled for me but I have the Bleeding skill for blades + my electric katana so I wore him down. He didn't drop anything too cool but I did steal his motorcycle and my God I want a motorbike so bad right now. You can ride it in third person!!

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    My favorite bug so far. Slight spoiler for an early mission character.

https://youtu.be/7HSx6MOcHQ0

Dum Dum continues following you everywhere you go. Potentially a feature.

Bethesda would be proud.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    FYI, for steam dudes (and probably other launchers), you can skip the CDPR launcher by adding
    --launcher-skip

to your launch options.

and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    Anyone playing this on base ps4? It seems like a dumpster fire that shouldn't have been released from what I've seen online, but I'm happy to be told otherwise.

I'm playing and yeah. Resolution is butts and a lot of pop-in, also constant frame rate dips.

It reminds me a lot of playing Morrowind on the original Xbox.

At least you haven't run into any cliff racers.
    Yet.

• Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    TimFiji wrote: »
    I'm worried about getting this game (mostly my CPU)
    I run:
    i5 - 6600 3.3Ghz
    16GB memory
    RTX 3070 FE

Would it be straining? Not looking for Ultra, but seems like a hefty game!

Should have no problem.

I've got
    i5 - 6600 3.3Ghz
    16GB memory
    GTX 1080 TI

Running mostly Ultra but not at 4k and with some shadows and stuff turned down.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Ah yes.

Pistol, Shotgun and Katana, the tried and true close quarters setup.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Are these blue quests just randomly generated ones that just repeat?

If they're just gonna pop up again, eh, I won't bother.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Ah yes.

Need to somehow mod a shotgun that shoots katanas.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Are these blue quests just randomly generated ones that just repeat?

If they're just gonna pop up again, eh, I won't bother.

I've gotten several purple items from those.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    There I am talking to Jackie when I notice dude on the left in nothing but short shorts and a shark tooth necklace chilling and having a smoke. Game has atmosphere I tell you what.

gaAWFV3h.png?1

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I remembered, suddenly, the original teaser trailer for this game. I think it's the music that triggered the memory for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvVjkqB3LH0

What the hell was I doing in 2013 when this trailer first came out, I wonder

• Options
    Ah yes.

Fuck that

Mod a katana to shoot shotguns

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Ah yes.

Fuck that

Mod a katana to shoot shotguns

I think that would only work in a Bond film opening credit sequence.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Oh my lord am I having fun now or what

I said, fuck it, 60 fps it is, cranked everything up and turned on RTX Ultra + DLSS Balanced. It's a big sluggy in big populated areas but whatever. So now I'm doing the first couple story missions, Corpo background, and

Not only did I get special conversation interaction options with the Militech corpo face, not only did I get her to pony up the money to buy her own thing that was stolen from her, but now I have the option not only to hack the datachip and remove the tracer virus, but I can make a copy of the thing too for my own use?!?

Fuckin' fantastic.

Edit: aww, it gave me a random thing and not the thing. But still, random things are pretty awesome. I'm not specifically trying to be HACKERMAN on this playthrough but it's very tempting.

Rius on
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    DF’s look at base PS4 performance. Base Xbox coming next.

https://youtu.be/C5pHpQqhmR4

720p-900p. But mostly 720p. Paired by slowdowns, stuttering, and the game’s FPS often running in the 20s, and sometimes 10s.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    I’m just walking down the street and find a giant gold plated hand cannon, also applies a flaming DoT.

This thing just erases people.

I’ve been mostly exploring, I wandered into some biz district and there was just an all out war. I guess everything didn’t scaled, they wiped me out so quick.

This game is exactly what I’ve wanted for so very long. It’s living up to the hype for myself. It’s going to be another long night.

Dixon on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Starting off well with the pre-rendered intro cinematic hard locking my pc having to hard reboot.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    Starting off well with the pre-rendered intro cinematic hard locking my pc having to hard reboot.

i don't think there's a pre-rendered anything at the start. Are your drivers up to date?

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Can someone show me how the hell you're supposed to hack? I don't understand the minigame yet and the tutorial was less than helpful (it should give you one where it doesn't tell you exactly what to hit).

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Can someone show me how the hell you're supposed to hack? I don't understand the minigame yet and the tutorial was less than helpful (it should give you one where it doesn't tell you exactly what to hit).

Basically you need to hit the numbers in sequence, so don't just click any number though, find one in the same column as the next number in the sequence. I'm dyslexic when it comes to numbers so it's tough for me, gotta take it slow.

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular

as far as I undestand, your 100% goal is to finish all sequences-
    let's say you have a 2 sequence and a 3 sequence, for two different goals. you can finish those after each other and get both goals
    Sometimes, the goals have overlapping sequences, that makes it easier
    I'm not 100% certain on what row or column you get after you click one row or collumn, but intuitively I'm somehow managing.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    some of the NPCs really going for bold looks
    ccttllmw0syt.png

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options

Basically you need to hit the numbers in sequence, so don't just click any number though, find one in the same column as the next number in the sequence. I'm dyslexic when it comes to numbers so it's tough for me, gotta take it slow.

The highlighted rows/columns always switch between horizontal and vertical, so you need to kind of think a few steps ahead.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Vehicle KBAM feels very unpleasant. I will keep a controller handy exclusively for driving, as I do in Battlefield games.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    god damn. the english voice work is so good.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular

Selecting a hex number from the grid toggles your selection from horizontal to vertical. You have to get the correct sequence of characters by planning them out based on that pattern. You'll see multiple starting points, or none at all. If you had a sequence of 55 1D 9A you might go through a grid like "I have two 55s in this row. The second 55 has a 1D in that column so I'll pick that one. 9A is also in the same row as 1D so I'll complete the pattern there."

You don't have to start with the correct choice, but picking a wrong one will put you back at the beginning.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Aumni wrote: »

Selecting a hex number from the grid toggles your selection from horizontal to vertical. You have to get the correct sequence of characters by planning them out based on that pattern. You'll see multiple starting points, or none at all. If you had a sequence of 55 1D 9A you might go through a grid like "I have two 55s in this row. The second 55 has a 1D in that column so I'll pick that one. 9A is also in the same row as 1D so I'll complete the pattern there."

You don't have to start with the correct choice, but picking a wrong one will put you back at the beginning.

Ohhhh Okay that makes more sense. Thank you everybody!

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Aistan wrote: »
    Yeah if you take really good character creators from other games, both recent and older, the one here really doesn't rate at all. The end result you can get looks nice because it's a nice looking game, but they way they let you pick the options is so poor it's hard to get the exact result you want out of it.

And getting the result you want is the most important part of a character creator.

If it was a matter of resources that the creator be a bit shit because work had to go elsewhere, then I'm (just) ok with it

The good news is that it can be reasonably fixed with just a bigger breadth of options, possibly from the DLCs, but yeah it's not going to rival a TES or Dark Souls creator (Or hell, Monster Hunter or Nioh 2)

This is CDPR. They could have put resources anywhere they wanted to for this game. My gut feeling for years now has been that they let scope creep get away from them and then didn't have time to finish nearly anything they wanted to cram into the game. Hence the crunch and delays, and then this buggy mess we have at release for them to continue working on.

Yeah I guess they could have done even more crunch time

Or they could have had good management and a good plan and taken their employees' well-being into account, having sensible work hours or hiring more people.

• Options
    Those of you using the default control schemes; is there a fast way to change which grenades/stims are equipped, something like a combat wheel? Seems odd that I have to go into my inventory screen to change which grenade I'm gonna throw.

• Options
    some of the NPCs really going for bold looks
    ccttllmw0syt.png

I have so many questions for this person...

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Rius wrote: »
    Those of you using the default control schemes; is there a fast way to change which grenades/stims are equipped, something like a combat wheel? Seems odd that I have to go into my inventory screen to change which grenade I'm gonna throw.

On controller you do it by holding Y, going to grenade, and then using the d-pad to switch grenade type.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    That person just looks like they've put on a jacket while going to/from the pool, and they want a place to keep the phone when it's not being used. Nothing weird there.

Aistan on
This discussion has been closed.