As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cyberpunk 2077, the Seizure Inducing Videogame, Released December 10

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i got a 2070super for my new build on the basis i would swap for a high power 3k series when it drops but its entirely possible it runs decently on something like that

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    I may even dust off my OG Xbox One to see how that handles it.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    i got a 2070super for my new build on the basis i would swap for a high power 3k series when it drops but its entirely possible it runs decently on something like that

They're talking about a doubling of raytracing capabilities and tensor power on top of a 30-40% boost in raster.

I'm going to a 3070 I think.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I have faith in my 1080Ti, it's still beating the shit out of everything I feed it.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I'll just be popping it into a new PS5 and calling it a day.

Doing everything in my power to go full console only gaming this gen (except MTG Arena because that won't require ever getting a new PC).

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    According to Reddit, which quoted an article by The FPS Review, the 2080 Ti struggled to maintain 60FPS (sometimes dropping to just under 30fps) at 1080P with DLSS 2.0 enabled, but with all bells and whistles on.

I'm thinking ray tracing is something that I might just leave off for a future play through on upgraded hardware.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    According to Reddit, which quoted an article by The FPS Review, the 2080 Ti struggled to maintain 60FPS (sometimes dropping to just under 30fps) at 1080P with DLSS 2.0 enabled, but with all bells and whistles on.

I'm thinking ray tracing is something that I might just leave off for a future play through on upgraded hardware.

Yikes

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Bigity wrote: »
    Talith wrote: »

Yikes

I can wait for the NVIDIA optimization guide. A lot of times there are settings that can be turned to medium or low with no real perceptible loss in quality but a large gain in frames. I go to this well a lot, but after getting 5 FPS back by turning the cloud options down on AC: Odyssey I always fiddle with the settings.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I mean the game is also not out for several months and optimization is usually the absolute last step.

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    RDR2 that last setting of water physics gave me back like 15fps on average...so yeah I agree

I think the 30XX series will really help with this as well. They are specifically adding tensors cores to help with the RT cause yeah it's a massive impact currently on the cards.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I kinda want to do PC for promise of mods, but Witcher 3 never really wound up with much in the way of mods. I might just do Series X and get it on that, rather than buy a 3070.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Hmmm, may need to get an upgrade for my 1070 soon

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    A pun on roots is somewhere in there

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I am going to wait and see what AMD does this Fall. Rumor has it the replacement for their current 5700XT card will clock in at ~500-600 dollars, match off against the current nVidia flagship (will be beaten by the ones being announced later this month almost certainly), but will have a better version of the ray tracing core that will be in both the PS5 and xbox series x, so you know ray tracing will have settings that actually work with a wide amount of game support for that hardware.

If that ends up being true, getting that card will be a no brainer.

I refuse to pay much more than that for a gaming peripheral, so if AMD doesn't deliver that I will likely just get the series X, where I know the game will work.

Man, I really want to dive into this game.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    That laser arm whip is hopefully a good weapon for non hackers.

As someone who played Shadowrun Dragonfall, I can tell you that whip cyberware is the shit.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »

That's what my current rig has, gonna pass it down as an excuse to upgrade.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    the 3 very different origins is getting me hype for this game

Yeah I'm gonna be all in on that nomad for the first run, but the corpo start will definitely need to be another playthru.
    That nomad shit just straight up spoke to me. Really looking forward to this.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    There's some new footage in there so if you aren't interested in being spoiled. Also, I actually thought SAMURAI was a real band and now understand why I had such a hard time finding any more of "their" music. This also has me REALLY confused about Silverhands role in all of this as
    the singer, even as a younger version of himself, does not sound like Keanu Reeves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TeA_23YK0E

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Release the system requirements, you cowards.

Also I will await the digital foundry review to see if it runs well enough on my Xbox One S.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
  • Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    Bigity wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »

That's what my current rig has, gonna pass it down as an excuse to upgrade.

I'm going to stick with my 1070 and hope I can at least run it decently on "medium", but at this point my graphics card is the least of my problems... I think my processor is something like a 3rd or 4th gen i5 which even with a modest overclock is just not going to cut it.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    ltt294vow90y.png

vai0d0onb6dz.png

I'm in trouble.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I think most of you are worried over nothing. This is a game that a PS4 and XB1 can run.

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Just turn off what ever nvidia gimmics and some post effects and it'll run fine.

Hair physics in Witcher 3 was like 90% of the gpu load when it came out.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    I am reminded that, admittedly years after the original versions came out, this is the company that shoehorned The Witcher 2 into the Xbox 360 and The Witcher 3 into the Switch, both very creditably.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    Just turn off what ever nvidia gimmics and some post effects and it'll run fine.

Thankfully Hairworks was probably the last gimmicky thing they've done.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    I don't want it to look like the ps4 version tho.
    I want it to look lovely.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Horizon Zero Dawn on the PS4 was lovely.

A competent developer can coax a lot out of that hardware.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Loveliest

You know what I mean.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    3clipse wrote: »
    I have faith in my 1080Ti, it's still beating the shit out of everything I feed it.

I have faith in my literally just today doing a 401k loan to nuke all of my credit card debit with a totally not at all irresponsible enough set aside to build a new PC :P

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular

I have faith in my literally just today doing a 401k loan to nuke all of my credit card debit with a totally not at all irresponsible enough set aside to build a new PC :P

I mean, I think it would be irresponsible not too...

• Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular

I love that aesthetic. I hope the game accommodates some hard sci-fi/military hardware looks too, and its not all just super streetwear.

I mean at least there's trauma team kit, whether its available to the player or not who knows.

• Options
    We know Miltech is an available manufacturer. There will probably be clothing as well.

• Options

If it make sense for you, it's your money. I've done it, when it was cheaper in the long run to pay something off or buy something expensive outright.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited August 2020

I love that aesthetic. I hope the game accommodates some hard sci-fi/military hardware looks too, and its not all just super streetwear.

I mean at least there's trauma team kit, whether its available to the player or not who knows.

As mentioned, Militech is America's foremost military Megacorp. I'd be shocked if there weren't military gear options. Also, that dude has a whole profile of similar designs, his Artstation page is in the link. I just picked my favorite.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    TBH, I can really only tell a difference with the reflections. Maaaaaybe the diffuse lighting. But the other 2? I'd need a side by side comparison

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »

The game does, in fact, have dynamic lighting even without ray tracing.

• Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    Is there any in-game rewards I should be chasing through social media or anything? Any good pre order rewards?

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
This discussion has been closed.