As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cyberpunk 2077, the Seizure Inducing Videogame, Released December 10

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    I'm really uncomfortable with how much they shown that leans into latinx as gang member.

It's the laziest trope possible, and Im worried of how much it'll be in the full game.

So, I do agree, but all the gangs are based on gangs in the source material, and Mike Pondsmith (who wrote the source material) is himself a POC so I'm a little optimistic it will rise above the tropes?

Maybe not! I could be way putting my foot in my mouth here!

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    the 3 very different origins is getting me hype for this game

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    "smart" gun in a cyberpunk setting makes me hope that at some point the gun goes "Sorry! You are not using approved GunCorp(TM) bullets! We're shutting down your account until you re-up your monthly sub :) "

"I AM LITERALLY USING THE BULLETS. THAT I BOUGHT FROM YOUR FUCKING STORE--"

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Maybe its just a regular shotgun with a graduates cap on it.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    the 3 very different origins is getting me hype for this game

Yeah I'm gonna be all in on that nomad for the first run, but the corpo start will definitely need to be another playthru.

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Maybe its just a regular shotgun with a graduates cap on it.

I will accept this if and only if it constantly reminds us that it has a PhD and insists on being called Dr. Smartgun. I will also accept it complaining about how much student debt it has.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Gun: "No, trust me, you do NOT want to kneecap this guy. Both barrels. To the face. See the tattoo there? Partially obscured by the shirt sleeve? Gang enforcer, he has to come after you and whoever you care about and brutally murder you. The wear on his pistol grip shows he practices regularly, and the sheen of his gun suggests regular maintenance. His medical record shows treatment for gunshot wounds only once, but his police record shows him as affiliated with the gang for at least ten years in this role. Really, you got lucky here and you should not let this guy walk away."

PC: "...damn, you really are a smart gun." BOOMBOOM!

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    It would also be fun if it was like Super Good Advice from Destiny and just constantly shouted bad advice because it was bored.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    The 2013 Shadow Warrior gave me a decided taste for having an unkillable voice in my head that was somewhat unable to decide if it would be better to help me reach my goal or more fun to get me killed.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I'll also accept a gun that constantly berates you for using it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fABjEHBjzA

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    I prefer that aussie shotgun from BL TPS that screams things like " 'ave a go ya mug" (sp?)

Never have I regretted having to discard a weapon more when it got outpowered : (

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    "smart" gun in a cyberpunk setting makes me hope that at some point the gun goes "Sorry! You are not using approved GunCorp(TM) bullets! We're shutting down your account until you re-up your monthly sub :) "

"I AM LITERALLY USING THE BULLETS. THAT I BOUGHT FROM YOUR FUCKING STORE--"

I was hoping for sassy commentary a la the edumacated sword in BG2.

• Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    Don’t know if to open or or not. Eeeep.

5vbn098a007o.jpeg

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Yes, open it! I need to know whether to get it :wink:

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I sadly ordered mine right after they went out of stock..

Wonder how long the wait is for restocking?

Also man... so many people are misreading these lifepaths.

The amount of people thinking it's like 3 totally different stories is stunning.

They gave a specific example of what it means outside of the prologue! It's unique dialogue choices!

It's super cool but dear lord set your expectations properly people.

• Options
    The lifepaths makes me think sort of Dragon Age Origins. Different start locations and situations (informing a bit of who your V is and setting the stage for those different dialogue choices) that ultimately converge to roughly the same spot an hour or two in.

• Options
    I sadly ordered mine right after they went out of stock..

Wonder how long the wait is for restocking?

Also man... so many people are misreading these lifepaths.

The amount of people thinking it's like 3 totally different stories is stunning.

They gave a specific example of what it means outside of the prologue! It's unique dialogue choices!

It's super cool but dear lord set your expectations properly people.

Wait, are you saying that Cyberpunk 2077 won't be three totally different games in one? Pshaw, *so* over triple A games you guys

on a serious note: I did like how certain choices locked you into paths in Witcher 2, but I would not want or expect that from setting my origin story in Cyberpunk

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    I want to hang out with Tom. He looks like a pretty cool guy.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I'm curious if lifepath dialogue options show up but are greyed out if you're not that lifepath so that you can see where you8 can come back to on other playthroughs.
    For that matter, I also wonder how often different options come up due to your lifepath. Are they something the the devs throw in once or twice per lifepath, or do they show up pretty often in different circumstances?

• Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    I'm curious if lifepath dialogue options show up but are greyed out if you're not that lifepath so that you can see where you8 can come back to on other playthroughs.
    For that matter, I also wonder how often different options come up due to your lifepath. Are they something the the devs throw in once or twice per lifepath, or do they show up pretty often in different circumstances?

I bet they'll be minor things that crop up frequently and major things that hit infrequently but are really cool and make sense. Like, Street Kid can just ignore the quests to meet the Fixer in Heywood, knows more about street drugs or if someone is bullshitting them and can get more money in a mission. A Corpo would never have those options but can shmooze their way into high class establishments, or suspect that some other corp is going to double cross them on a job so they can make contingency plans.

It'll probably also influence your starting kit quite a bit. I bet a Corpo has a cool smart pistol and a Nomad has a janky shotgun, Street Kid has a well-worn auto pistol or smg or something.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    I refuse, REFUSE, to get hyped about this game until it is in the hands of reviewers. That said, the backstory trailer looked like fun. Definitely corpo start.

And we've already seen gameplay footage of backstory giving dialogue options I'm sure; I think it was in that one hour video of gameplay.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »

I doubt they would go with the greyed out option.

That can sometimes work for a game with stats that can be adjusted through the game for the sake of folks that want to know what more they would need.

But since there would legit be no way to get those options in your playthrough that would be pretty strange to just show you options that have legit nothing at all to do with your character.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Lifepaths rarely ever make any kind of real impact on a story, but I like them as a way of organically cue'ing me into knowing what kinda character archetypes I can, and want to, play

Nomadic outsider with a big iron on my hip
    Corpo jerkface, probably with lots of nasty expensive cyberware
    related to the above, corpo jerkface with a katana and a suit
    impulsive ex gang-banger with a submachine gun and a big mouth

and etc etc

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Not gonna lie those two recent trailers have spiked my hype for this game quite a bit. Although I'm concerned with the static feel of the AI in the tools of destruction trailer.

Throughout the whole tools of destruction trailer I kept going "Ooh cool toy I gotta try that! No wait I gotta play that! No that! Holy shit you can do that? Oh man I want all of these."

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Kana wrote: »
    Lifepaths rarely ever make any kind of real impact on a story, but I like them as a way of organically cue'ing me into knowing what kinda character archetypes I can, and want to, play

Nomadic outsider with a big iron on my hip
    Corpo jerkface, probably with lots of nasty expensive cyberware
    related to the above, corpo jerkface with a katana and a suit
    impulsive ex gang-banger with a submachine gun and a big mouth

and etc etc

im just going to play my usual failed goth lesbian, im pretty sure her uselessness can emanate from all 3 sources

ever tried, ever failed, fail again, fail better

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    oh also at some point I have to play corporate background with an eye and arm upgrade and otherwise just all dialogue

maxresdefault.jpg

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    Okay quick scan over the art book is pretty good. Basically covers the years before 2077, Night City, Corporations, Districts, Gangs etc.

Has some good artwork and is littered with “Adverts”.

Nothing super spoileri-sh that hasn’t been seen already. Couple of characters we already know about but no Johnny Silverhand artwork, unless I missed it. Has a decent amount to read in it. There is a fair few pages of info on brain dance for example.

• Options
    Okay quick scan over the art book is pretty good. Basically covers the years before 2077, Night City, Corporations, Districts, Gangs etc.

Nothing super spoileri-sh that hasn’t been seen already. Couple of characters we already know about but no Johnny Silverhand artwork, unless I missed it. Has a decent amount to read in it. There is a fair few pages of info on brain dance for example.

I just realized B&N still had them in stock so I switched my order to there.

I originally was gonna skip it but man I could go for a lore dive and I used to love those kind of books when I was a little kid. A good excuse to go back to that feeling for a little bit.

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular

I'm guessing no Johnny Silverhand as it is a rights thing.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    I'm sold. (Pre-)Ordered a copy from Forbidden Planet as I think it's officially coming out later here (Amazon UK are showing it as coming from Amazon US, for more money).

• Options
    Someone took some stills from the weapons trailer.

Damn these details are amazing.

https://i.imgur.com/6M6hvN2.jpg

• Options
    It's pure coincidence that after looking at that screenshot, I googled "new gpus" huh

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    My GTX 1080-powered laptop and Xbox One X are wondering how they'll manage. It looks impossible.

• Options
    I'm really curious how nvidia will position their new cards, with the pandemic/economic crisis going on

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Just seems like a bad time for new hardware launches, from expensive GPUs to expensive consoles.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    My GTX 1080-powered laptop and Xbox One X are wondering how they'll manage. It looks impossible.

Yeah! 1080! Ha ha... *looks at 760*

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    I'm probably going to depend on GeForce Now at least in the beginning. So far they haven't disappointed.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    I'm really curious how nvidia will position their new cards, with the pandemic/economic crisis going on

We'll supposedly be finding out at the end of the month.

5gsowHm.png
This discussion has been closed.