As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cyberpunk 2077, the Seizure Inducing Videogame, Released December 10

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    cncaudata wrote: »
    Is there any in-game rewards I should be chasing through social media or anything? Any good pre order rewards?

Not pre-ordering is its own reward.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    TBH, I can really only tell a difference with the reflections. Maaaaaybe the diffuse lighting. But the other 2? I'd need a side by side comparison

The biggest thing with screenspace reflections and raytraced reflections is if there's an object in front of the players view obscuring an object, the reflection will not appear, or there will be blocks of it cut out.

I don't have any pics of it but I remember that what screenspace does is take the player view and invert it. It's an image layer extrapolation.

Raytraced reflections gets rid of this.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    This might have already been confirmed (or been a given) but DLSS support on that is what I'm most excited for, especially with these new NVIDIA cards coming in two weeks. The implementation on CONTROL looked really good and I hope it's as good on this title.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    ED! wrote: »
    This might have already been confirmed (or been a given) but DLSS support on that is what I'm most excited for, especially with these new NVIDIA cards coming in two weeks. The implementation on CONTROL looked really good and I hope it's as good on this title.

DLSS 2.0 moved my game from kinda-blocky-45fps to 50-60 fps, looking as good as native resolution rendering.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    cncaudata wrote: »
    Is there any in-game rewards I should be chasing through social media or anything? Any good pre order rewards?

Amazon had a discount before.

Might still be there.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Night City Wire out; didn't hear anything about it coming up. Showed the city (and a decent shot of the map) and all the gangs (of which there are a lot).

. . . I'm guessing next month things will be focused on the corporations before the Nov. release.

Oh and PC specs. Recommended GPU is a 1060 and 4th gen i7.

ED! on
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Valentinos look cool.

• Options
    I would say of the gangs, Sixth Street looks the lamest both in design and I'm going to guess form. All of the ethnic-styled groups look fantastic.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I would say of the gangs, Sixth Street looks the lamest both in design and I'm going to guess form. All of the ethnic-styled groups look fantastic.

Voodoo Boys and Moxes are my favs. And definitely who I will work with when given the options.

But yea fuck Sixth Street. Their background is basically a bunch of folks who wanted to "stand up to street crime" and then just started acted like any other gang while pretending like they were something different.

This game is just looking so rad. The little scene riding the motorcycle has me super excited to ride around the city. All bikes no cars!

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    That background is repeated over and over again in history though. It's legit.

• Options
    Bigity wrote: »
    That background is repeated over and over again in history though. It's legit.

Oh exactly! Which makes them all the more dislikeable. A good antagonist is a believable antagonist because it will give you even stronger feelings about them.

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    My bad then, I thought you hated them because of the...quality of the background or something :D

• Options
    Bigity wrote: »
    My bad then, I thought you hated them because of the...quality of the background or something :D

Ohh. I can see how it would come off that way. Maybe my bad on the wording. But nah, they are just one of the gangs I will enjoy most working against and making mad at me. And ya know Maelstrom because they are crazy. But they are more of a scary sorta bad guy that will probably need to be avoided more early on.

• Options
    I mean they are all going to be scumbags let’s not forget this setting is cyberpunk . There is no “honorable” gang of killers here most likely.

• Options
    I mean they are all going to be scumbags let’s not forget this setting is cyberpunk . There is no “honorable” gang of killers here most likely.

Oh no doubt. Granted the Moxes kinda are? They don't like go out and kill folks. They exist to protect their own.

And the Voodoo Boys crimes are focused mostly on netrunning stuff. And they help protect their part of the city to keep it out of the reach of the corps.

So as far as the setting goes, those are causes I can get behind. Plus we are playing a Merc. We aren't exactly some pure hearted paladin of justice ourselves.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Please note that the game is both graphics- and processor-intensive, so make sure these components meet or exceed the minimum requirements. Also note that the minimum is created with Low settings and 1080p gaming in mind and Recommended with High and 1080p.

Minimum requirements:

OS: 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 10. DirectX® 12 is necessary to run the game.
    Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K or AMD FX-8310. Finding a CPUs performance hierarchy chart or comparison website and comparing one's CPU with our minimum is suggested.
    Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 3GB or AMD Radeon RX 470. Finding a graphics card performance hierarchy chart or comparison website and comparing one's video card with our minimum is suggested.
    RAM: 8 GB
    Disk space: 70 GB HDD (SSD recommended)

Recommended requirements:

OS: 64-bit Windows 10. DirectX 12 is necessary to run the game.
    Processor: Intel Core i7-4790 or AMD Ryzen 3 3200G
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB or AMD Radeon R9 Fury
    RAM: 12 GB
    Disk space: 70 GB SSD

More modest than I'd have expected honestly!

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Wonder why they bump up AMD's GPU's bit. Guess drivers...

Also, speak for yourself re: merc-hood. I will be a mercenary of goodness!

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    Please note that the game is both graphics- and processor-intensive, so make sure these components meet or exceed the minimum requirements. Also note that the minimum is created with Low settings and 1080p gaming in mind and Recommended with High and 1080p.

Minimum requirements:

OS: 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 10. DirectX® 12 is necessary to run the game.
    Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K or AMD FX-8310. Finding a CPUs performance hierarchy chart or comparison website and comparing one's CPU with our minimum is suggested.
    Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 3GB or AMD Radeon RX 470. Finding a graphics card performance hierarchy chart or comparison website and comparing one's video card with our minimum is suggested.

I wonder what you'll need for the above 1080p crowd, be nice if they'd shed some light on that.

I'm still sticking with whatever you have it wont be enough.

• Options
    emp123 wrote: »

Minimum requirements:

I wonder what you'll need for the above 1080p crowd, be nice if they'd shed some light on that.

I've got a 1440p display on my PC, and a bit of headroom spec-wise (i7-7820HK, GTX 1080 8GB, 16GB RAM) which may or may not be enough.

I'm curious what sort of framerates those specs are expecting.

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular

Minimum requirements:

Getting this on PC it is. My I5-8400 benchmarks higher than the recommended CPU (only slightly mind) but this is sure as hell going to run faster on my PC than my Xbox one S.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular

Oh no doubt. Granted the Moxes kinda are? They don't like go out and kill folks. They exist to protect their own.

And the Voodoo Boys crimes are focused mostly on netrunning stuff. And they help protect their part of the city to keep it out of the reach of the corps.

So as far as the setting goes, those are causes I can get behind. Plus we are playing a Merc. We aren't exactly some pure hearted paladin of justice ourselves.

I would not place bets on moxes being only reactive. The best defense can be a good offense.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular

Minimum requirements:

That was my reaction I am actually a bit above the recommended which I was NOT expecting for this game.

• Options
    edited September 2020

Minimum requirements:

I've got a 1440p display on my PC, and a bit of headroom spec-wise (i7-7820HK, GTX 1080 8GB, 16GB RAM) which may or may not be enough.

My guess is low quality 30 fps, at least for the required.

100% it's 1080p.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    I keep forgetting that this game is actually based on an IP with a wealth of lore; I thought SIXTH STREET was just some lame fratty-boy-NightCity-Love-It-Or-Leave-It gang. Good to hear there is more jelly in that doughnut.

• Options
    edited September 2020

Minimum requirements:

My guess is low quality 30 fps, at least for the required.

100% it's 1080p.

Well, they straight up say 1080p for both. I wonder if they're shooting for 30fps on both too - and what the variance is between Low and High settings. It's possible the recommended is going for 60fps, though. I'm feeling alright about the headroom I have over the recommended spec, though.

Still planning on playing on both PC and Xbox One X, but not yet sure about which order...

Two months (and one day) to go.

Jazz on
  • Options
    The main story is "slightly" shorter than TW3, which is fantastic news. I enjoyed the journey that TW3 took me on, but it was way too long and when you felt that the game was coming to completion (THAT battle) it really wasn't and you had a bit more to go. If they cut the fat on the main story and instead push it towards side quests, that will make CP77 a much better game if you ask me. Put some mini-Blood & Wine (which I still haven't finished - or HoS - will save that for the weeks leading up to CP77) style questlines in there that exist between main and side-mission and I will be a happy hog for that week of pure CP77 gaming.

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    The recommended specs are a 6 year old CPU and a nearly 5 year old mid-tier GPU? I'm curious to see what that translates to in settings because that seems pretty low, especially with a game that looks like it does in trailers.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    The recommended specs are a 6 year old CPU and a nearly 5 year old mid-tier GPU? I'm curious to see what that translates to in settings because that seems pretty low, especially with a game that looks like it does in trailers.

It's got to run on the Xbox one and PS4 with all the compromises that entails.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular

I normally play heart of gold characters. I price gouge employers I don’t like, so I can give price cuts to sympathetic people who need help.

Of course, they’re ALL scumbags, V is going to be one rich merc.

Still undecided on which background to go for. I’m tempted by Corporate, with an eye to stabbing them in the back later.

I do like the of Nomad, just to explore the outside of the city, before going in and acting like a hick.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    The main story is "slightly" shorter than TW3, which is fantastic news. I enjoyed the journey that TW3 took me on, but it was way too long and when you felt that the game was coming to completion (THAT battle) it really wasn't and you had a bit more to go. If they cut the fat on the main story and instead push it towards side quests, that will make CP77 a much better game if you ask me. Put some mini-Blood & Wine (which I still haven't finished - or HoS - will save that for the weeks leading up to CP77) style questlines in there that exist between main and side-mission and I will be a happy hog for that week of pure CP77 gaming.

HoS is excellent, but if you don't get around to that one you should at least get through B&W. It's a perfect sendoff for The Witcher and Geralt himself.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Shadowfire wrote: »

HoS is excellent, but if you don't get around to that one you should at least get through B&W. It's a perfect sendoff for The Witcher and Geralt himself.

Not to mention Toussaint is fucking gorgeous, especially with well calibrated HDR settings. You can taste the color of the sunsets.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    OmnomnomPancakeOmnomnomPancake Registered User regular
    Geralt woulda worked for the Corpos and I will, too.

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Geralt woulda worked for the Corpos and I will, too.

Within reason. And he has no qualms with killing his employers if they do something terrible.

• Options
    I dunno , the corpo nobody that gets stabbed in the back seems pretty fun for a background.

• Options
    Two months 👍

• Options
    edited September 2020

I can already tell they've downgraded animations from where they were when we got the Johnny Silverhand reveal trailer or even that gameplay demo from a while back.

Edit: And to be clear I'd much rather have a killer gaming experience than some slightly nicer animations.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    It's a Triple A video game. I'm not expecting any actual philosophical deep dives. It's shiny and you go pew pew.

All cyber, no punk.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    It's a Triple A video game. I'm not expecting any actual philosophical deep dives. It's shiny and you go pew pew.

All cyber, no punk.

Witcher 3 had some really good little stories in it.

I'm not gonna sell CDPRs writing team short just yet.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Honestly, I'm gonna wait a little bit. If this is all cyber, no punk at all? Hard pass. Cyberpunk is a sacrosanct genre, moreso now than ever.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular

Voodoo Boys and Moxes are my favs. And definitely who I will work with when given the options.

But yea fuck Sixth Street. Their background is basically a bunch of folks who wanted to "stand up to street crime" and then just started acted like any other gang while pretending like they were something different.

This game is just looking so rad. The little scene riding the motorcycle has me super excited to ride around the city. All bikes no cars!

Its pretty common though. Many, if not most gangs start out as protecting the neighborhood and then end up being the thugs that run it. Its a well-documented historical thing, especially among ethnic gangs. New group victimized by older more established groups. It even extends to Jails; The Mexican Mafia(la Eme), started as a self-defense group for Chicanos in Californian Jails due to white and black gangs victimizing them. Now they are the reason you don't want to do time in Cali Jails. Aryan Brotherhood started the same way. Bloods started as a response to Crip violence.

All that, just in California.

It does highlight how Cyberpunk2077 has created a city where genuine subcultures exist. Its not purely the Warriors with gangs like the Baseball Furies, but living breathing groupings with their own history and identity. There is a reason they act and dress the way they do. Their symbols mean something more.

PS: Hells angels and many other Motorcycle clubs started with WW2 vets buying cycles after the war, only to turn to crime later.

The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
This discussion has been closed.