As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cyberpunk 2077, the Seizure Inducing Videogame, Released December 10

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I don't recall seeing it here but a cool thing that was brought up is how the stealing of cars is actually character skill based.

Like the ability to break into them/start them requires certain hacking skills. Or in order to be able to just hijack one you need to have the requisite strength be be ripping the door open.

Which is super cool. So you can't just go boosting cars all willy nilly. GTA this is not.

Gimme all the stat checks.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Theres not really a point where emotional driven hyperbolic exaggeration is better than an accurate explanation in the proper perspective.

Hate him if you like but being like that is being your own mob mentality and do you really wanna be that sort of person? I certainly dont.

I can condemn him for his idiocy and grossness just fine without implying hes a pedophile.

And that implication was definitely there in how it was coming across whether it was meant or not. Its not what you mean its how you sound.

Of course I say that but Id be happy dunking my countries conservative politicians in charge upside down in a vat of boiling acid and consider them all irredeemable psychopaths so its not like I dont understand how easy it is to think and talk that way if you really dont like someone.

I dont give a shit about this rando streamer tho so maybe that's why I can be more neutral about it.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Theres not really a point where emotional driven hyperbolic exaggeration is better than an accurate explanation in the proper perspective.

Hate him if you like but being like that is being your own mob mentality and do you really wanna be that sort of person? I certainly dont.

I can condemn him for his idiocy and grossness just fine without implying hes a pedophile.

And that implication was definitely there in how it was coming across whether it was meant or not. Its not what you mean its how you sound.

Of course I say that but Id be happy dunking my countries conservative politicians in charge upside down in a vat of boiling acid and consider them all irredeemable psychopaths so its not like I dont understand how easy it is to think and talk that way if you really dont like someone.

I dont give a shit about this rando streamer tho so maybe that's why I can be more neutral about it.

He's not a rando streamer, he's one of the biggest in the world. His return stream had 500k concurrent viewers. He routinely has 6 figure viewer streams.

Trying to downplay the dudes status is just as disingenuous as upscaling his offenses.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited October 2020

He's not a rando streamer, he's one of the biggest in the world. His return stream had 500k concurrent viewers. He routinely has 6 figure viewer streams.

Trying to downplay the dudes status is just as disingenuous as upscaling his offenses.

Sorry I meant rando to me. I know nothing about streamers. Hes definitely big and influentional and his actions are gross and a big deal. Hes not a pedophile tho. Hes a gross idiot. Its not downplaying to say that. Or to want to avoid implying he is a pedophile.

My bad should have thought about my wording better.

Ill be honest with you I know nothing about 99% of streamers theyre nobodies in my world view. They might as well exist in another universe. I appreciate that lots of people watch them tho. Its just not my thing. I didnt know how big he is until you told me the figures just now. He was just a name.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    iu7ocueelcuh.png

• Options
    What's that meant to mean?

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    What's that meant to mean?

Let's all be excellent to each other and happy that Keneau Reeves is definitely in the game.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    HE FILMED

CHILDREN

IN A BATHROOM

Fucking what?

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    HE FILMED

CHILDREN

IN A BATHROOM

Fucking what?
    They weren't fucking anything, which I think is what Morninglord is hung up on. Just to be clear, nobody except Morninglord has raised the issue of pedophilia. Dr. Disrespect went into a bathroom on a livestream because clearly he has some deficiencies with respect to decision-making, and there was at least one 17 year old kid or whatever in the bathroom, maybe peeing or some shit, I don't know. Whether or not this has anything at all to do with this game is entirely unknown because all we have to go on is the very same Dr. Disrespect making a vague tweet. Since this is the guy who livestreamed a bathroom I tend not to put very much weight on anything he says one way or the other, so I'm not exactly getting mad about this until we hear whether he's even, like, tangentially linked to the game, which again, just to emphasize, so far there is literally zero evidence that he's linked to the game in any way except for a tweet from this person who is clearly fucking dumb.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    I did not bring up pedophilia its been part of the conversation for two pages.

The only purpose of this post is to point that out.

Im hung up on nothing. Please do not read into my post and try to make me out as some sole madman. I was just giving my thoughts on an existing conversation.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Right, so he's not a pedophile, he's just a massive POS who took a livestream into a public bathroom where minors were present. He's just a massive POS who spread conspiracy theories about Covid being caused by 5G (and no, he can't hide behind the "shock jock" defense. It's a cop-out and if that we're the case then it's even worse because he knowingly spread misinfo and caused unknown amounts of harm for views/money).

If he's in this game I'm not buying it. That's the straw that will break the camels back. I really hope the rumors are false.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Why has this game had so many controversies? Kinda a rhetorical question.

They're making so many poor decisions.

Granted we dunno if this one is true yet.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    DrDisrespect definitely had a huge return on YouTube but he absolutely isn't pulling in 100K viewers on the regular. He does appear to be doing better in terms of viewers on YT though.

As for why not hyperbolizing the man's controversies is important: folks are already using this as evidence of CDPRs scumminess. "Well OF COURSE they would put a guy who films kids in the bathroom in their game!"

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    ED! wrote: »
    DrDisrespect definitely had a huge return on YouTube but he absolutely isn't pulling in 100K viewers on the regular. He does appear to be doing better in terms of viewers on YT though.

As for why not hyperbolizing the man's controversies is important: folks are already using this as evidence of CDPRs scumminess. "Well OF COURSE they would put a guy who films kids in the bathroom in their game!"

No one is hyperbolizing anything. He filmed a minor in a public bathroom, that is literally what he did. No one except the people defending him brought up pedophilia, and it is not neccesary to invoke it to abhor him for his actions there. What he did is bad enough on it's own, no playing it up needed. One of the myriad reasons why you don't bring a livestream into a public bathroom is because there could be minors in there, and you don't go into a public restroom with a live camera without at least knowing that you're probably going to violate someone's privacy. It's just something that any adult who has respect for others knows they shouldn't do. He and his crew went in there anyway, and the person who ended up being filmed wasn't an adult.

If he didn't want to be known as a guy who filmed a kid in a bathroom, then he shouldn't have brought his camera into a public restroom and filmed a kid. If CDPR doesn't want to be criticized or known for partnering with a guy who filmed a kid in a public bathroom, then they probably shouldn't partner with a guy who filmed a kid in a bathroom. Actions have consequences. I just hope that the rumor stays a rumor and that CDPR are smart enough not to partner with someone like that.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    Personally "livestreaming in a public bathroom" has already earned my max disgust.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Personally "livestreaming in a public bathroom" has already earned my max disgust.

Oh I can go so much lower

Is Disgust a stat in this game

I mean "Cool" is, so that's a semi-serious question

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »

Oh I can go so much lower

Is Disgust a stat in this game

I mean "Cool" is, so that's a semi-serious question

I mean for a disturbing number of people they seem to be interchangeable so that might get complicated

• Options
    cool is a stat

wtf happens if you max it

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    cool is a stat

I mean, I can only imagine your character becomes some kind of glorious futuristic futuristicer David Bowie

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    HE FILMED

CHILDREN

IN A BATHROOM

Fucking what?
    They weren't fucking anything, which I think is what Morninglord is hung up on. Just to be clear, nobody except Morninglord has raised the issue of pedophilia. Dr. Disrespect went into a bathroom on a livestream because clearly he has some deficiencies with respect to decision-making, and there was at least one 17 year old kid or whatever in the bathroom, maybe peeing or some shit, I don't know. Whether or not this has anything at all to do with this game is entirely unknown because all we have to go on is the very same Dr. Disrespect making a vague tweet. Since this is the guy who livestreamed a bathroom I tend not to put very much weight on anything he says one way or the other, so I'm not exactly getting mad about this until we hear whether he's even, like, tangentially linked to the game, which again, just to emphasize, so far there is literally zero evidence that he's linked to the game in any way except for a tweet from this person who is clearly fucking dumb.

Sorry, I wasn’t asking whether he was fucking and filming. It was more of a shocked question as I had never heard of this, somehow. To rephrase: “what the fuck?”

So I’m not really mad about whether or not he’s in the game, I’m mad that this human being has a massive platform for his depravity.

But also yeah, CDPR, if you put him in the game maybe rethink that.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    cool is a stat

I mean, I can only imagine your character becomes some kind of glorious futuristic futuristicer David Bowie

shit if this doesnt happen im gonna be super disappointed

• Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    Dr. Disrespect in the game won't keep me from buying and playing it. If it's some self-depricating shit I'd be onboard, honestly all of the streamers should be characters that mock their own flaws or are just terrible people. It kinda looks like the case with most, Jesse Cox's character I think was verified by himself as someone who likes robots a little TOO much.

That being said, Doc got off way too easy for what he did at E3, and while it's hard to judge someone who has a fake Twitch personality, I can judge his terrible life choices as well as the fans that stuck with him. While Twitch is alright about rewarding his behavior because he makes them lots of money, I don't see why anyone else needs to reward his controversy.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    DrD is banned from twitch, he's on youtube now

• Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    edited October 2020

Apologies, I remembered Twitch suspended him and then brought him back after about a month after the E3 incident. I forgot they later banned him completely for no official reason other than what I can assume is Shame.

Quiotu on
    wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    cool is a stat

It's cool as in composure

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Quiotu wrote: »

Apologies, I remembered Twitch suspended him and then brought him back after about a month after the E3 incident. I forgot they later banned him completely for no official reason other than what I can assume is Shame.
    They'd ridden the Shame out, the general assumption is he did something else that didn't leave any room for debate about how they should respond.
    General word that other streamers heard was he's out, it's permanent, we will not be discussing this further.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    December 10th is the new release date.

I gotta wonder how buggy the game was in it's current state that this forced their hand.

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Was coming to post this. Sigh

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    :(

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »

I gotta wonder how buggy the game was in it's current state that this forced their hand.

According to the text, the game is ready, they are just working on 'improvements'. Which doesn't really answer the question :D

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I'm sure this is to relieve any crunch they might be working :rotate:

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Bigity wrote: »
    Kyougu wrote: »

According to the text, the game is ready, they are just working on 'improvements'. Which doesn't really answer the question :D

Doesn't sound good, honestly.. Sounds like they're hotfixing important stuff that got through QM

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    So they've eroded any trust I have in their ability to give a date, which I suppose doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things...but it does mean I'm just going to assume it will get delayed again. Not getting my hopes up again for them to make a date they announced until the game is actually sitting on my PC.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Oh give me a fucking break. I REALLY want to see a post-mortem on the stewardship of this game because this is bonkers. You'd think this game was NO TIME TO DIE with how many same year delays it has gotten.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Even when it does come out this one might be in "wait for the Big Patch 6 months down the road" territory because it sure seems like it's got rather a lot of bugs.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    21 more days of crunch woooooo!

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    F

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I'm sure they have completely valid reasons to delay. Remember that productivity as a whole, world wide, is kind of in the shitter right now. I'm just annoyed they keep doing this two and three week delays right before the last date they announced, instead of just ripping the band aid off and admitting it's not going to be ready until 2021.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Fucking awesome. I'm sure I'll have no fucking difficulty getting time off 2 weeks before fucking Christmas.

At least they could have moved the launch day to a friday, instead of this weird Thursday fetish they have going on.

Plus it shows what a fucking sham their original launch date was. Remember when this was due out in April ?

This discussion has been closed.