As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Why do you play? You play because you played of course!

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    What does cloud sync do? I really think his AOSB is what I need. astronomical odds to get it on AOSB lucky though.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Just 3x enWind for entry/status (no extra effects)
    C1 is 6 Wind/NE, +50% wind for one turn, and enhance C2
    C2 is 1 Wind/NE overflow, higher multiplier if used after C1

https://ffrk-movie.static.sp.mbga.jp/soul_strike/10700100/20190623_h1cBVxU_i0M.mp4

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    How do syncs interact with double cast or ability double?
    Syncs are one SB? I guess one bar for 3 enwind is efficient at least.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    What does cloud sync do? I really think his AOSB is what I need. astronomical odds to get it on AOSB lucky though.

Wait for that FT pull that has Cloud's AOSB + AASB on it.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    How do syncs interact with double cast or ability double?
    Syncs are one SB? I guess one bar for 3 enwind is efficient at least.

Syncs cost 2 gauge.

Ability Double doesn't work with syncs in any way. They interact a little weirdly with AASBs. They respect the double cast (assuming it gives it, so not Kain or Cinque's AASB), but the infinite hones prevents them from 'linking' the abilities. In other words, if you use an AASB and a sync at the same time, it won't link the abilities (so you can use all four), and whatever you pick to use, including the sync commands, will be 2x cast.

If an LM or whatever has a chance for double cast, that works on the sync command when you use it, not the linked regular ability.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Cloud sync is nice, because it gives him a 6* equivalent wind ability to double with his Awakening. :P

• Options
    On public Wi-Fi at the Atlanta airport. It's inserting banner ads into my ffrk loading screens. Obnoxious.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Do we ever get grindable crystal waters

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Do we ever get grindable crystal waters

Not yet. They do keep upping the rewards because people keep asking for that though.

In other news, I saved for as long as I can stand, time to start draws again.

Used a Realm ticket on the Core draw: Tyro BSB, Elarra AASB.

Well shit. That's real effing good.

2nd ticket on Core draw: Dr. Mog glint, Tyro OSB (had to happen eventually), and Elarra Glint+

Whelp. Eject, eject, eject, stop right there! Two top prizes in two draws!

I have Tyro USB4, so his AASB, while better, isn't so much better it's worth drawing here anymore. If I want Godwall, I'll spend Anima Lenses.

I have a third ticket and I don't know what to do with it.

I think wait for tomorrow, do 10 x 10 draws, then based on that, consider discounted elemental draws, then assess, then probably ticket at an elemental banner, which has a higher 6* rate than the realm banners.

The best part of crummy winter sinus infections is definitely getting discos you were pulling for. I'm positively CHIPPER right now. Gotta hold on to that feeling the next time the game kicks me in the unmentionables.

E: This changes everything for auto-battle magicite!

silence1186 on
  • Options
    Yeah, if you have Elarra Awakening, no sense continuing to draw on core, all the other good stuff can be found in the lens shop. Well, not the glint+, but that is mostly quality of life.

I'm goin to start putting tickets at element banners where I need help. Probably starting with Earth.

• Options
    I think this might be possible. Hang out until 37 ish seconds was able to break first two walls with cloud usb and ZIDANE OSB. Good meter but not playing with novelist open and died to an unexpected primal essence. Hopefully triggering ZIDANE OSB and trance combined with cloud usb and usb zack chain salsa rebuff and bard attack song should get us through phase 3

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Man, I was contemplating selecting zidane awakening, but I just don't have enough slots for all his shit.

I'd have OSB, AOSB AASB, USB1, USB2, GSB that might all be worth having.

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    ...I have tons of shards and stuff that I could cash in now to fill in holes- I mean, let's face it, more stats for a currency I have nothing better to do with, well...

Do we get the stat increases now that we get auto mastery of SB stuff? Does it also apply to LMRs?

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    Man, I was contemplating selecting zidane awakening, but I just don't have enough slots for all his shit.

I'd have OSB, AOSB AASB, USB1, USB2, GSB that might all be worth having.

AOSB is good for Odin but seems kind worthless on Titan due to only three hits at less potency then the OSB. Probably want usb 2 glint AASB OSB. At least that’s my read on it. Might be easier to just go all in on cloud though. I forget what else you have.
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    ...I have tons of shards and stuff that I could cash in now to fill in holes- I mean, let's face it, more stats for a currency I have nothing better to do with, well...

Do we get the stat increases now that we get auto mastery of SB stuff? Does it also apply to LMRs?

They just added something else to spend lenses on actually. But yes lens relics are automastered as are LMR

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    From reddit, FF2 Gordon's new Awakening:

Gordon Awakening:

Instantly reduces the delay of the actions of all allies for three turns.

Temporarily grants the user Awoken [Safeguarding Support] Mode (Unlimited Support ability uses & reduces the delay of the user's Support abilities according to their rank)

Awoken [Safeguarding Support] Mode also causes every second Support abilities used to trigger the follow-up ability that grants all allies,

Magic Barrier, enabling them to avoid one magical attack, and
    Mirror Image, enabling them to avoid one physical attack.
    Causes the user's Support abilities to trigger a follow-up ability, depending on the user's stats, that

Deals four ranged physical Fire & Non-elemental attacks to one enemy and increases the damage of the physical attacks of all allies by a moderate amount. OR
    Deals four magical Fire & Non-elemental attacks to one enemy and increases the damage of the magical attacks of all allies by a moderate amount.
    Also causes the user's Support abilities to trigger another follow-up ability, depending on the user's stats, that

Deals four ranged physical or magical Fire & Non-elemental attacks to one enemy, and
    Temporarily lowers the target's Attack & Defense or Magic & Resistance by a moderate amount. The debuff granted by this follow-up ability alternates between the two effects each time it is triggered.

That is a LOT of text! I'm worried for complexity creep.

• Options
    I really think you are too late to worry about complexity! We are already past disgaea level.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    5/11 with 5 disco's today! 3 of them were dupes though, with one item being in there twice even. The new items are still pretty good, Kelger USB and Rikku realm chain.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    2/10 discos

Umaro USB
    Ovelia USB

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Hm wait. If the discount makes Arcanes less powerful for the meter than OSBs... I wonder if Gabranth would now be better than Cloud for Odin, as he has his Havy Bubsy and an OSB. Might be something to try.

—————

Friday ticket today got me a dupe Lenna BSB. Ah well.

————

The auto mastery is so freeing. My inventory has never looked as clean as it will be soon.

• Options
    Not all arcanes. Just the three hit ones suffer a lot.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Oh...well. On one hand. Discos on every pull. My last one was...Sazsh's USB! It's a magic boostga + astra. It's...different that's for sure. It might actually be useful.

Oh, and finally a daily hit! Tidus' BSB! New one too so +10 Atk.

All in all...hey they were free so no complaints. I've got a bunch of lenses so I might pull the trigger on Mustafa's USB.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Pretty sure I was seeing Sazh USB all over the place.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Daily hit: Vivi AASB?! Holy snikes. Excuse me while I reattach my jaw.

Doing Black Friday draws later, after work, but I don't see how they top this.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Not all arcanes. Just the three hit ones suffer a lot.

Assuming that the user has Break damage limit active, right?

Let’s see. Cloud’s Darkane is one of those 3-hitters. His USB is a wild card, though. Under ideal conditions, I’ve seen it do 50k per hit, easily outpacing 2 OSBs. But then, that’s absolutely ideal conditions; high chain and Imperil, and no rage on Odin. Hard to wrangle consistently. That and, while a lot of meter is built in that final phase, I don’t really expect that Cloud can USB every turn, in the same way that an OSB can be used. Tricky.

It’s just that I’m thinking on my previous attempts, and I think that Cloud could do a lot more if I didn’t need to build up his Arcane in that last phase.

Enlong on
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Hahaha holy crap. I tried Gabranth vs Odin and was like “this works OK, but I feel like I’m missing a lot of damage compared to Cloud. This may not be the way to do it”.

And then I left the battle to find that I’d forgotten to give Gabranth any Record Materia. No wonder his damage felt a little low. Given that, I’m now actually impressed by how well he did perform.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Final BF ticket
    1/10
    Maria LMR

Whoop de fucking doo. Oh well. If you had told me I'd have gotten Prompto's CSB out of it at the start, I would've been thrilled. The other 9 days of abject crap and I think 6 of 100% dupes does put a damper on it though.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Maria’s LMR is a nice piece of Earth armor, at the least. I have two copies for mages.

• Options
  • Options
    Black Friday free 10x10 draws
    1/10: Lightning brave USB
    2/10: Master glint (weakness dmg and 100% crit), Ovelia BSB (holy dmg, medium heal)
    2/10: Relm USB (last stand, periodic cast), Palom USB (lit aura, black magic double)
    3/10: Montblanc LMR (chance to quicken black magic), Tellah USB (black magic double, self KO), Yuna USB (chase summons)
    1/10: Kelger BSB (Earth aura)
    1/10: Gaffgarion AOSB
    2/10: Yuna glint (holy aura, party HP stock), dupe Edea AOSB
    3/10: Quistis OSB, dupe Morrow USB, dupe Locke AOSB
    2/10: dupe Yda LMR, Seymour USB (dark chase)
    2/10: dupe Faris USB, dupe Krile USB

High point is probably Yuna USB + glint, if I decide I want to tag her in for holy summoning? Or Quistis OSB for lolbio. Kelger BSB might get some use at some point as a source of earth aura, if I decide to pick up his USB from the lens shop.

Oh well, that was all free. 8 new 6* items and a decent amount of lenses.

• Options
    1/10 Squall fire usb

Powercreep is awesome. I just fielded a team of

Squall USB..3? and USB4 with his Dual Cast LM and the Fast Cast one too (instead of enFire) he used Inferno
    Greg CSB USB
    Bartz AASB using Blaststrike
    Tyro AASB
    Elarra Glint+ and USB1

And even with no imperil I was capping right away and was able to Sub30 easily against Mateus. Combining both USBs was pretty fun. Oh, I wish I had Squall's Fire AOSB to close it out tho. I think I'm gonna try Squall's BSB...3? And see how that works out.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Daily - Master SSB dupe
    Last BF - Zell USB dupe, Ceodore USB dupe

At least Zell is +fire, and while I have a ton of +holy swords, Ceodore's is somewhat unique as it also has some Mind boost.

I'll have to check my notes later, but overall I was mostly dupes. Most of the pulls had more than one relics. A disco every day. For the price of free, this was nice, would dupe again.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    From reddit, FF2 Gordon's new Awakening:

Gordon Awakening:

Instantly reduces the delay of the actions of all allies for three turns.

Temporarily grants the user Awoken [Safeguarding Support] Mode (Unlimited Support ability uses & reduces the delay of the user's Support abilities according to their rank)

Awoken [Safeguarding Support] Mode also causes every second Support abilities used to trigger the follow-up ability that grants all allies,

Magic Barrier, enabling them to avoid one magical attack, and
    Mirror Image, enabling them to avoid one physical attack.
    Causes the user's Support abilities to trigger a follow-up ability, depending on the user's stats, that

Deals four ranged physical Fire & Non-elemental attacks to one enemy and increases the damage of the physical attacks of all allies by a moderate amount. OR
    Deals four magical Fire & Non-elemental attacks to one enemy and increases the damage of the magical attacks of all allies by a moderate amount.
    Also causes the user's Support abilities to trigger another follow-up ability, depending on the user's stats, that

Deals four ranged physical or magical Fire & Non-elemental attacks to one enemy, and
    Temporarily lowers the target's Attack & Defense or Magic & Resistance by a moderate amount. The debuff granted by this follow-up ability alternates between the two effects each time it is triggered.

That is a LOT of text! I'm worried for complexity creep.

Damn, that sounds like an absolutely sick Awakening, with crazy amounts of blinking and party damage. If that's how Support characters and SBs are going forward we may actually see a comeback, with them being used instead of all DPS teams.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    re6mbwbabxk4.png

I know it doesn't look like its close at all, but if cloud USB1 hadn't fallen off unexpectedly I think I would have gotten it.
    Also I triggered Zidane AASB in phase 2 near the end but I should have saved it for in phase 3.
    Tyro USB1 putting in good work stopping interrupt.

edit: actually it just looks like a flaming snot is exploding on my phone.
    his lifebar is at the 79 chain count number.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Holy shit! I did it! Dark-weak Odin is DEAD!! And to Hel with him, the stupidly sturdy wall of a boss. That’s 4 BAEs collected!

I went and bought Sephiroth’s USB1 to get this done. I realized that the stacking Endark and the ATK boost would help him get enough damage in with his last-phase OSBs. But what really helped was delaying his Arcane so that it could send me into the final phase and then some; lopping off more of that final phase HP before his defenses get buffed helps out a lot in the DPS race. Also, Gabranth’s speed-cycling USB worked much better for me than his Bubsy. Damndest thing.

What a relief to be free of that one. Now I just need to wait until I get something to get a fifth team onto the board somehow. I’m happy to wait at this point.

Want to give a thanks to 38thDoe. That comment about Arcanes last night put me on the train of thought to field Gabranth instead of Cloud. Which proved very effective.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Chose Zidane, IX torment sub-30.

That USB2+GSB+LM2+AASB combo is ridiculous.

• Options
    What/when is this 2/40 free draw you mention?

• Options
    Part of the December fest. Should be in 16-17 days maybe?
    It's a 40 pull G 2.
    I have gotten 2 relics each at least the last two of these.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Okay, time to feel like a whale.

10 x 10 Black Friday draws:
    1) Marche BSB dupe, Deuce LMR (+buff duration), Dorgann USB (+Earth sword)
    2) Quina BSB1, Haurchefant USB (ugh)
    3) Lulu AOSB (+Ice bracer)
    4) Auron USB2 (finisher)
    5) Iris USB dupe, Quina USB (buff suite), Ayame USB (Retaliate)
    6) Marcus USB
    7) Seph OSB (lol)
    8) Kain AOSB
    9) Terra bUSB dupe, Faris bUSB (D/R/M break), Cyan USB (copy of Ayame's)
    10) Tyro OSB dupe, Tellah USB (self KO), Yuna bUSB dupe

Well, Disco every time, but not sure anything that's a game changer right now, for Torments or Odin. Faris bUSB might be the best piece. Still, free is free. Would've liked some outstanding Gen 2 chains or awakenings. What a sad world where Ultras aren't exciting.

E: I have ~450 mythril. Fest luckys are 160, and Elemental draws are 120. If I do elemental draws now, I probably need to forgo Tifa Synchro banner for just Lightning Synchro banner. Thoughts?

silence1186 on
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Gave Lakshami a shot, thought i needed Unicorn to save me from confuse/sleep. Looked up strats online: "Just power through with Shadow Dragon"
    oh ok
    swapped out Rufus with Sephiroth and powered through, no confuse/sleep
    so much for mechanics

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Aaand after much rainbow crystal mulching, 8 discounted elemental draws:
    Fire: Sabin USB
    Ice: Edea AOSB
    Lightning: Kain OSB, Lightning OSB, Queen Ultra
    Earth: Galuf USB1 dupe (buff suite, +Earth hammer), Yang AOSB, Emperor AASB <- Wow!
    Wind: Ricard USB (lol), Fujin AOSB dupe
    Water: Edge AOSB
    Holy: Raines OSB dupe
    Dark: Malach BSB, Vayne BSB

Peaked midway, ended on a fart.

I still have one realm/element ticket left, not sure where to throw it.

FF2 Torment should be in reach, anything else will require straining my brain.