As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Why do you play? You play because you played of course!

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular

E: I have ~450 mythril. Fest luckys are 160, and Elemental draws are 120. If I do elemental draws now, I probably need to forgo Tifa Synchro banner for just Lightning Synchro banner. Thoughts?

I'm at 280, but I did my elementals and only have 70 (select RoPs and AASB lucky) earmarked, so like... 250ish mythril to spend. I'm feeling good for Ifrit, and 90% sure that grabbing Toto's AASB on the Fest Dream will seal up Leviathan, but I've taken a couple whacks at Ramuh and... oof. Having Elarra's glint+ or AASB would help a lot, but I'm having trouble putting out enough damage to get through phase 1 before the first enEarth strip and paralyze, and if I don't, that fucks up everything else. Even when I get through that, I need to find a way to fit in Elarra's BSB somewhere, and the damage just never stops coming. I think that I could probably double heal it with Penelo AASB/Glint+, which could also free up Elarra to use her USB2 to amp damage, but I'd also be losing damage from kicking out Tyro and making her crit-sing, so I think it could make the later bit a little easier, but the early start will be even worse.

The short version is that I need to figure out which anti-Ramuh relics to chase. I think I'm happy to rule out FFV because, well, fuck those characters. Tifa synchro is basically hoping I get either her Sync or glint+. Her LMR might help some. Machina's AASB is... okay, but his USB is hot buttered garbage, and he doesn't have multi-cast natively. I do still need to sub30 the FF0 Torment though, so it'd at least help there. The other option is Rinoa synchro. I have Red CSB and Maria AASB, but Red is even more useless than Galuf and magic is harder to amp up. I also don't know what else might be on that banner. I'd love Enna Kros's AASB (if it's the same as Japan), but I'd need to find a way to get her BSB or USB so she could be usable. Blehhhhhhh.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Has anyone seen a graphic that shows where the hp thresholds are for Titan?

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Enna Kros will have her stuff in the Earth element banner, right? That’s a really large pool, though.

I wonder if she’d also be under Holy? Probably not.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: Β»
    Enna Kros will have her stuff in the Earth element banner, right? That’s a really large pool, though.

I wonder if she’d also be under Holy? Probably not.

I got her USB in the Earth banner. Don't think secondary elements count.

• Options
    Alright, and with Rude’s headband, I finally have a (pity) earth chain. I’m interested to finally try to use Kelger in something relevant; I haven’t done so since I was fighting Ixion.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Looking through the relic list for the Earth element banner, Enna's AOSB, USB, Glint (bad), and BSB are on it. No Awakening or Glint+.

Her LMR (doublecast black) is in the lens shop now. USB and BSB should be added to the shop in wave 3.

edit: Enna AOSB is on the holy banner, but not any of her other stuff. Most of Enna's SBs are on Mirages, if you want to check for yourself.

Fry on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Having so much fun fighting titan for 10-20 minutes and then having something go wrong and getting to start over.
    So much fun.

All of the funs.

I don't even know what I could pull that would help.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited December 2019
    7po7tjgkegnn.pngklx58huvbk4j.png

So in case anyone else wants to torture themselves you need to defend with everyone except for tyro ASAP, tyro casts USB3 then defends. The only way you have time to defend with Tyro is if you defend with everyone else again, don't defend with zack to keep his instant cast. At 5.88 cloud and zidane can lifesiphon a couple of times. Elarra casts USB1 at 9.83 after quakeja. cloud tyro and zidane can build meter. Defend with zidane before primal essence at 13.93. cloud and tyro should defend before primal essence at 23.62 Elarra USB1 again at 27.86 after sandstorm, Tyro casts USB3 again too. At this point cloud attacks until he gets full bar then casts USB2, Zack casts chain, Zidane USB2, Tyro entrusts to elarra, elarra gets bard song going then salsa. Cloud casts USB1, Zack USB1, Zidane Storm Assault Spam, Tyro summons slydra. Cloud casts raging quadstrike twice, then usb1 refresh. Zidane stands ready with quick cast from last elarra usb1 so he can quickly smash out that OSB to break the first wall before enwind is stripped. Cloud casts glint, then quadstrikes, zidane casts USB2 again, then USB1 if he has the meter. Tyro casts USB1 at some point to block cloud from getting interupted. He casts it again before phase 3. Elarra stares at the script keeping an eye out for back to back big attacks to USB1 before. Try to keep bard song from expiring 15s buff and salsa on the wall or titan before usb1 refresh hits it. Second wall gets broken by USB1 refresh, third wall by Cloud OSB I think. Both RW fabula Mage get cast by tyro when he is done entrusting all remaining meter to cloud. Cloud uses quadstrike to eliminate all rage. Zack should start a new chain around now, zidane needs to go USB2>AASB>dash and slash at high rage/storm assault at low rage. Get bard song up to full, salsa him, as high imperil as possible then Cloud USB1 over and over. Try and save Cloud USB1 for near the end of the fight because you won't have any hones then. Dead end take a long time to cast, don't give up. Zidane USB2 finished killed him with cap break from AASB.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I really need to get off my butt and beat Titan <_<

• Options
    Sigh...

So, now that I have a chain, Kelger does do respectable damage. Against zappy bird, he can max out Desert Mirage and get good hits off of his USB chase.

But in the time it took to get that chain, Bartz has basically eclipsed everyone else for Earth Damage. I can use Kelger, but Bartz does what he does better. It’s kinda sad, much as I do like Bartz. It’s just that I really do like what Kelger’s got, and I wanted to use him for some time. And behind Bartz, Kelger realistically still has to be better than Cinque and Tifa to get in, and that’s not happening anytime soon.

• Options
    Decided that the Tifa Synchro was my best bet for Ramuh help barring that healer AASB becoming translated somehow.

1/11 - Emperor CSB
    Oh just fuck off

2/11 - Machina AOSB, Tifa glint+
    Well, that's a significant power jump for Tifa. Doubt I'm going to try touching Ramuh again until after the fest. Still have ~185 mythril for fest stuff, although fuck knows what I'll do with it. I'm in a really poor position for both Shiva and somehow, also Valefor despite having two phys gen2 ice CSBs and 3 ice AASBs. None of these little shits have any way to re-enIce, so they're unusable.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    What else do you need for Tifa to make her Synchro work? Looks like the synchro doesn't recurr for 6 mo+. Thinking about pulling though I don't much care for most of the banner.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    I think the synchro does most of what you need. Maybe grab one of her Ultras or bursts to give her something to do for the rest of the fight, before the 15 seconds where you're Neo Falcons Diving the shit out of things.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Oh Synchro is also once per fight? That's a shame.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    What else do you need for Tifa to make her Synchro work? Looks like the synchro doesn't recurr for 6 mo+. Thinking about pulling though I don't much care for most of the banner.

I'd say that her AASB is preferred. Her USB2 is probably enough if you've got someone else strong, but it sucks up the hones like whoa. She has a BSB for initial enEarthing for phase 1 before you want to torch the fucker down.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Someone did a radiant shield Ramuh clear

ELH18I5WwAE-x7j?format=jpg

• Options
    16 minutes?!

That translates to, what, an hour or two of real time?

• Options
    Depends on how many animations you are triggering. My thoughts are 1:30 is somewhere around 20-30 minutes.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Enlong wrote: Β»
    16 minutes?!

That translates to, what, an hour or two of real time?
    It took roughly 3 hours real time, give or take.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/114492-final-fantasy-record-keeper/78179235/931192724

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    I can imagine myself trying that only to screw up a Last stand cast or something at the two and half hour mark.

I can imagine it because that's what happened when I tried King Behemoth earlier in the year.

In related news, got my Rock Mage squad decked out to try out King Beh for real. Got him down to about 5% but really lost steam with hones starting at the 50 sec mark. If I could just squeeze out a bit more damage before that late self-Thundaja I think I have this fight. Maria's USB is great, but just devours ability uses.

Going to finish up the Dirty Bird dungeon to get a +earth magic piece for Onion Knight and a 2nd chain Earthga for Rydai (replacing Fat Chocobo) and then the Transcendence dungeon to get a some more earth/lightning resist accessories which should help with those single target sunders.

• Options
    Did a draw on Earth bird, since my Ramuh team is going to suck
    3/11, Tifa Sync and LMR double monk, Machina AOSB

Feels nice to actually get the hit on the first draw once in a while

• Options
    Bluecyan wrote: Β»
    I can imagine myself trying that only to screw up a Last stand cast or something at the two and half hour mark.

I can imagine it because that's what happened when I tried King Behemoth earlier in the year.

In related news, got my Rock Mage squad decked out to try out King Beh for real. Got him down to about 5% but really lost steam with hones starting at the 50 sec mark. If I could just squeeze out a bit more damage before that late self-Thundaja I think I have this fight. Maria's USB is great, but just devours ability uses.

Going to finish up the Dirty Bird dungeon to get a +earth magic piece for Onion Knight and a 2nd chain Earthga for Rydai (replacing Fat Chocobo) and then the Transcendence dungeon to get a some more earth/lightning resist accessories which should help with those single target sunders.

What’s your team? Alphinaud helped me a lot on king bee. His SSB is available in the lens shop and contributes a ton of damage under king bee rage. Also he can summon and heal.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Bluecyan wrote: Β»

What’s your team? Alphinaud helped me a lot on king bee. His SSB is available in the lens shop and contributes a ton of damage under king bee rage. Also he can summon and heal.

Maria (USB/glint/AOSB) Chain Stonja r4/Chain Stonga r4
    Rydia (BSB) Titan r4/Fat Chocobo r5
    Edge (SSB) Both Earth Ninja skills
    Onion Knight (Sage USB) Meltdown r4 Protectaga
    Elarra (BSB/USB/Awakening) Mage song/6* Dance

Maria/Rydia just DPS the entire fight. Maria uses Stonga and drops glint when its up then USBs and transitions to stonja until four bars and goes glint->AOSB. Rydia uses big bird till Mournful cry and switches to Titan. Edge mostly builds meter to spam SSB in later fight to stay alive but does like 4k on average per attack despite the physical issues. Onion is there for buff and quick cast but seems to be doing subpar damage (2k per hit of meltdown) but also has the worst equipment of the lot. Elarra to buff and heal, she had the bard quick cast ability but never saw a good use for it (when she was free onion just used Sage so...) hoping the debuff will be more useful.
    Rydia tends to take a single target sunder mid fight taking her from full to triggering Last stand and then die on the next AOE, so she'd get the light/earth accessory to hopefully at least keep last stand to survive another hit.

The obvious thing is to start upping to r5s but it's also really expensive. Could try swapping Edge for Rude to get chain/imperil but not sure I could absorb the loss of Edge's SSB.

• Options
    I’d maybe swap onion and edge for another last stand healer and alphinaud. Maria should cap without chain or sage under usb. Might want to grab her bsb to fall back on cheaper than honing to rank five. You are ahead of my team though I never made stoneja

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Alternatively, ditch Onion and Elarra for two entrusters. Maria BSB and even a physical dude can take it down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeQCXlCQW_g

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Omg.... Re:Mind DLC comes out next Jan! Could we possibly get a new global KH event then!? Sora Synchro?! Sora Record Board?!

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    When do we get the perma-haste buff?

I keep forgetting to have a late battle casting for Titan

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: Β»
    When do we get the perma-haste buff?

I keep forgetting to have a late battle casting for Titan

Japan got it in July, so likely in a month, maybe two.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    If you are taking Tyro using the USB1 to block interrupt and reup haste is a pretty nice combo. Even gives minor HP stock.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Yeah, I use that. The issue was more I was re-upping wall a bit after 30s, then forgetting to do anything with haste after that, so it was falling off in phase 3.

I'm getting quite close now, but MAN damage falls off in phase 3. Zidane with Awakening active and a full 200% chain isn't breaking rage when it's rage 3. Oof.

• Options
    Dash and slash with artifact dagger has a higher potency try that?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Jragghen wrote: Β»
    Yeah, I use that. The issue was more I was re-upping wall a bit after 30s, then forgetting to do anything with haste after that, so it was falling off in phase 3.

I'm getting quite close now, but MAN damage falls off in phase 3. Zidane with Awakening active and a full 200% chain isn't breaking rage when it's rage 3. Oof.

After phase 1, his only non-piercing attack is super deep into phase 2, so unless you're spending like 30 seconds in phase 2 alone, you never need to refresh wall.

And yeah, phase 3 is rough.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Took 3 pulls but I got the sync and machina chain. My first two were machina glint and aosb which is kinda whatever but mostly made up for it in 3rd one.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Success and with four whole HP to spare!
    qcefkfnon1nm.png

Gave up on using Glint on Maria which let me get another USB cast and held off on the Arcane till she ran out of spells (which turned into the finishing blow). Kept everyone alive till the very end when Elarra went down.

• Options
    Maria's Glint is one of the poopy ones, I can't recommend spending meter on it.

• Options
    Yay, new record dungeons! Speaking of our OCs, I managed to clear the hardest version of Ullr Schwartz Dream, with no relics other than LMRs for Biggs or Wedge. Dr Mog had his chain, Elarra her USB1, and Tyro his USB1 and USB3. Probably I should've had Tyro use Entrust so Elarra could use her BSB; Ullr likes overstrikes in the last phase.

So that new Monk ability is still mistranslated as implying the heal targets the whole party. I wonder if people just aren't reporting it.

• Options
    Ok! With those dungeons I should be over 400 Mythril. Lots of tears incoming fellas! Hopefully tomorrow we get that Earth pick up banner. Let the spending begin!

• Options
    I’m scared to try Titan again. I hear that using him as the main is useful but I’m not sure when to use him that won’t mess up my timing. That being said I barely beat him the first time so I don’t know that I want to do that again either.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    I’m scared to try Titan again. I hear that using him as the main is useful but I’m not sure when to use him that won’t mess up my timing. That being said I barely beat him the first time so I don’t know that I want to do that again either.

I'm thinking part of my problem is that I've been running around with like 50 magia on most of my team. Looks like I'm going to XP grind a bit.

• Options
    My Titan team has between 307-504 Magia. It is probably a bit excessive.

38thDoE on steam