As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Why do you play? You play because you played of course!

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    HP% is now visible!

When we get the update, at least.

Darklyre on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    :whistle:

What a system. Make something annoying, then when they change it to better, we're grateful (HP boss%). Oh well, this is good news.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    This is their second whack at it too. They started with no HP bar.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    This is their second whack at it too. They started with no HP bar.

Fucking Baigan.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    To be more serious, I think this is more of a realization that battle design has progressed to a point that more information is needed than was needed before. I never would’ve needed HP percentage for something like Liquid Flame, but Torment Gilgamesh would be easier with it, and assholes like Odin are at the point where it’s almost required to do as well as the fight demands. Of course, if could all just be frustration tactics, but this does make some sense.

Enlong on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Farmable crystal waters via gyshal greens shop. Not sure if it's unlimited though.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    A new kind of limit break too, but it sounds dumb. Gauge shared by party. Powers up the more gauge builds, etc. Once per battle by anybody, etc.

Vivi's at 53:54 here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGLgWdk1HxI&feature=youtu.be&t=3234

Also, Historia Crystals, which are essentially magicite for realm characters. Zidane gets the first one.

Edit:
    Oh, they're EXACTLY magicite, even to the point where you equip them instead of magicite, but specifically power up realm characters instead.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Also 7* magicite equivalent fights, but for realm teams instead of elemental teams.

• Options
    These Limit Breaks are almost exactly the mechanics of FFXIV’s Limit Break system, down to everyone posing as someone uses the meter to do the attack.

Meanwhile, FFXIV hasnt had a new event in a long-ass time.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Also 7* magicite equivalent fights, but for realm teams instead of elemental teams.

Well... On one hand I welcome hybrid teams being relevant once more.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Odin lets you do hybrid teams.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Odin lets you do hybrid teams.

And thank god for that.

• Options
    Man for Fire Weak Odin is Last Stand necessary? I just keep getting creamed by turns 7-10 and can't survive Savage Collision.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Man for Fire Weak Odin is Last Stand necessary? I just keep getting creamed by turns 7-10 and can't survive Savage Collision.

If you can heal up to fill before Collision and have more than 10000 HP on your characters (via crystal waters and HP Boon Magicites), you can survive it, as it can’t do more than 9999.

Alternatively, it’s reduced by defense IIRC, so if you can fit in Wall by way of Divine Veil Grimoire or something, that will help.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    XV: 1/3 oh look a silly Gladio sword, probably another copy of his OSB or....uhhh...

Gladio Awakening get!

(That's 2 days out of 3 with new Awakenings, WTF)

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Huh. FF15 has the best chance for AASBs of all them by a large margin, mostly because its pool of relics, especially 6* relics, is so small.

And if Noctis's AASB might end up useful for 6* magicite after all...

Eh, what the hell.

1/3

Aaaaand it's Cor's AASB.

Best possible result! Zero regrets. Poor judgment not punished. First real fire AASB too outside Bartz. I may have an actual Shiva team now... except I can't pick up this jerk's USB from the shop, can I? Ugh.

...I can't even legend dive him because I don't have enough 4* vit motes. Cor, you're just a dumb butt all around.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I continue to despise the Elemental Proving Grounds. I just want to see how much damage I can do. Don't end the fight in a millisecond after showing the total.

E: And you know what! Eff Devastation Ozma. Turbo charging 3 SB bars and just murdering him for the principle of the matter, since I can't field a decent mixed team that can kill it.

For posterity:
    Elarra USB1/2 ATK song/ACM Ace Striker
    Emperor USB2/AASB Necro Countdown/Dark Zone +DMG
    CoD CSB/USB Touched by Darkness +DMG
    Sephiroth USB1/2/AASB/AOSB Demon Cross +DMG
    Edge SSB2 Dark Ninja +DMG
    RW: Raines AASB

Still messed up timing RW Raines AASB to power through the PHY immune phase and Seph's Awoken fell off, but I managed to limp over the finish line thanks to that same RW Raines AASB.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    No disco dupe for me tonight.

Just a five star dupe. So far rop lotr has been awful!

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Ugh, noctis bsb. Things could be better.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Ignis En Fire Materia. At least it's new.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Enlong wrote: Β»

If you can heal up to fill before Collision and have more than 10000 HP on your characters (via crystal waters and HP Boon Magicites), you can survive it, as it can’t do more than 9999.

Alternatively, it’s reduced by defense IIRC, so if you can fit in Wall by way of Divine Veil Grimoire or something, that will help.

OMG @Enlong you're the MVP.
    s168kra0ud14.png

This was exactly the only thing that I did different. Open up with DVG instead of Awakening or using Elarra's Glint+. You dah man. That's the 3rd Odin down. I've got two more Gen 2 Chains I could try (Water and Dark Phys).

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    First two parade draws were dupe 6*s. XV was Aranea enlightning LMR, which is fine given that I got her USB last time.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    XV: Gladiolus AASB! Gaia Force, go!

Edit: I really need a physical Earth chain. I've lucked into a bunch of physical earth AASBs, but the damage is anemic without the field buff. I could use Red XIII's magic chain but he's pretty useless on a physical team if I don't need an Entruster.

Darklyre on
  • Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Aranea USB!!! Which I promptly put to good use.
    tsxb4eog2t7l.png

Just a week turn around from finishing the last magicite and sub 30! Soooo much easier with 5* magicites and chains.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: Β»
    Ugh, noctis bsb. Things could be better.

Ditto. I will never get a non-free lit chain.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Gladio AOSB, that's 3/3 good items so far. I don't have much for him, but 20+1 is always good.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Hmmm...I'm having a bit of trouble with the first few turns on Water Weak Odin. I'm kinda considering using Tidus CSB's instead of Rikku's since he can build SB faster and then sub in Wakka for his Imperil USB.

edit: or just do the same thing as Fire and start with Tyro's USB3 and then use his AASB.

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    Edea unique today. +MAG and haste to the party? This was good back in the day.

• Options
    Ah, Inagural Parade. One of my favorites back then.

• Options
    There are way too many characters on this game. Feels like I'm not making any progress in getting them all to 100 magia.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Where's my FFXIV cast!

• Options
    Where's my FFXIV cast!

What's that more Type-0?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Today's LotR for XIV was a dupe, but it was one heck of a dupe: Alphinaud AASB dupe.

This is insane, I've pulled an Awakening on 3 of 4 days.

Also it's really weird to have a XIV banner drop on the same day of the LotR draw.

• Options
    Literally only thing I want is Alphinaud's AASB, and even that's pretty low desire since I don't care about magic Titan.

So of course I get it (and Yda's USB dupe) in a sim draw.

Still not using my 5 mythril though!

This pool is horrible.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    LOL dupe Papalymo OSB and Dupe Alph Glint! Amazing

• Options
    I think there is next to nothing on this draw for me. Could be the first skip of a lotr ever. What is happening to me?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    I think there is next to nothing on this draw for me. Could be the first skip of a lotr ever. What is happening to me?

Didn't even skip any of those FFXI draws when they hadn't been updated for like 18 months and only had one Shantotto USB from the dawn of USBs? Those pools were godawful. FFXI's pool still kind of is. Shantotto AASB or bust.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I also duped alph aasb. Oof.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I'm probably not skipping this one, but I'm skipping it for now, because I don't know if 5 mythril will make a difference on a pull or not.

• Options
    Did we just get a banner with no event?

Also, don't forget to burn your tickets before they go away. Or do the gift dungeons.