As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Why do you play? You play because you played of course!

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Did we just get a banner with no event?

Also, don't forget to burn your tickets before they go away. Or do the gift dungeons.

Yeah. There was no FFXIV event. Fuck knows why they didn't put it on Sunday though.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular

Also, don't forget to burn your tickets before they go away. Or do the gift dungeons.

This is a banner we were supposed to get months ago. If they gave it to us months ago it would be on this lotr though.
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I think there is next to nothing on this draw for me. Could be the first skip of a lotr ever. What is happening to me?

Didn't even skip any of those FFXI draws when they hadn't been updated for like 18 months and only had one Shantotto USB from the dawn of USBs? Those pools were godawful. FFXI's pool still kind of is. Shantotto AASB or bust.

The difference here is that I have almost everything for Alphi now. So there's not much to get here. I probably will pull on XI for 5 mythril. Still don't have a lightning magic chain.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I got Yda’s USB. 8 Fire hits, Enfire, triple Blink, and 3 turns of instacast Monk.

OK, so clearly this thing is an attempt to apologize for how downright unusable Forbidden Chakra’s unique buff is, by letting her build it up at max speed and protect it with Blink. But even though that’s still not a strategy worth trying (among other things, Blink doesn’t stop nearly as much as it once did), the USB itself isn’t too bad. 3 turns of instant attacks is always appreciated, even if it doesn’t work on the USB recast. Only problem is she’s fighting Bartz for a slot, since Cor and Locke/Greg are a lock. Still, this is another option, and a good pick for attempts to speed up Ultima Weapon.

Enlong on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular

Completely neglected the dungeons. Kept telling myself I would wait until all the dungeons were open/tickets were given out, but there was no date listed in the announcement when that was, so I forgot. Thanks!

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I am saving all my tickets to give exp to my second Titan. Any day now.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Also is it me, or has the Transcendent Ruins event banner been jumping around every few days?

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    I am saving all my tickets to give exp to my second Titan. Any day now.

Put the xp in whatever you're going to inherit on the Titan. I did HP and heal boon, other good choices are Earth attack, wards, etc

• Options
    Oh I haven't even thought about that. I'm hoping I can beat him one more time and then it will take all my tickets to level him to 65. Otherwise I'll have to fight him again. Unthinkable.
    That being said my latest group of worthless losers are almost at 100 magia so maybe I should actually play the game for a change.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    hmmm...I'm so tempted to buy off Tidus' AASB. For Waifu and Odin purposes even tho Ifrit is still way off in my future.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    hmmm...I'm so tempted to buy off Tidus' AASB. For Waifu and Odin purposes even tho Ifrit is still way off in my future.

There will be many opportunities to try and get it via mythril before Ifrit, too. There’s that 25 mythril Awakening banner later this month, for one.

Enlong on
  • Options

In the Spring and Summer fests there SHOULD be banners where, if you pay 100 Mythril to pull on them twice, you get your choice of any AASB as a bonus relic.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    There's also the 5th Anniversary in March, when you can just get his AASB, AOSB, and en-water LMR for free.

• Options
    There's also the 5th Anniversary in March, when you can just get his AASB, AOSB, and en-water LMR for free.

Yeah the thing is I already have his AOSB and EnWater LMR. For that pull, if nothing changes, I should probably pull on Shantotto's since I don't have all three of her SBs. Still, it's probably just for funsies. I should look for some Earth AASBs tho, since I have none for Ramuh.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Wow. The "end of magicite" draws Japan is getting are fucking nuts. We already knew they were getting 35 ticket draws, but I think most of us assumed they would be for a generic pool of everything, or the standard elemental/realm draws, which are a bit behind the times (even their updated ones) and still have relatively low odds of AASBs or synchros.

It's neither of those. Its 35 draws on a special set of magicite banners, one for each elemental, each one headlined by a synchro, gen 2 CSB, and four AASBs.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/e9rnm7/magicite_support_pick_up_jp_megathread_fest/

They're handing out relics like candy. Really wonder what the end game here is.

E: Oh, maybe it's not a usual x11 ticket? Still, it's have to be like, x1 draw with no guaranteed anything for it to not be pretty nuts.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    @ArcTangent I shudder to think how tough the new Cardia dungeons are gonna be if they want us to be done asap with 6* magicite.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Wow. The "end of magicite" draws Japan is getting are fucking nuts. We already knew they were getting 35 ticket draws, but I think most of us assumed they would be for a generic pool of everything, or the standard elemental/realm draws, which are a bit behind the times (even their updated ones) and still have relatively low odds of AASBs or synchros.

It's neither of those. Its 35 draws on a special set of magicite banners, one for each elemental, each one headlined by a synchro, gen 2 CSB, and four AASBs.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/e9rnm7/magicite_support_pick_up_jp_megathread_fest/

They're handing out relics like candy. Really wonder what the end game here is.

E: Oh, maybe it's not a usual x11 ticket? Still, it's have to be like, x1 draw with no guaranteed anything for it to not be pretty nuts.

My suspicion is the EnElement requirement for 6* Magicite went over poorly (or maybe just the fights in general), and people have given up on that tier of content, and (most importantly for DeNa) stopped chasing banners to that end.

E: So this is to catch people up for this content, so they can be ready to spend for the next tier of content, rather than give up on the game as forever out of reach.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if they were getting complaints about being unable to use realm teams for content, hence the pivot. It's pretty darn tricky to even use a given realm in more than about two of the sixteen 5* magicite fights, much less any of the 6* magicite fights.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Jeez, 14 is so neglected. Looked at the relic list for the parade. Equal numbers of Awakening, AOSB, chain, and OSB (1 each)

Fry on
  • Options
    It’s so frustrating.

We got this big fancy event for Heavensward around the time Stormblood was coming out, and then... nothing. Well, incremental relic power boosts at some festivals and now this thing. But like... no new stages or bosses for as long as I can recall, no new characters despite having two expansions’ worth of material to pull from, no content from Stormblood beyond soul break inspirations... even the storming realm door hasn’t had an update since we had the Gaius fight!

I get that not everyone has or can play the MMOs, but there’s so much content they could use!

• Options
    My guess is that no one is dropping $$$$$ on pulls for XIV or XI so have some more nostalgia. And by nostalgia I mean a game where characters are just numbers.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Add some flashy new soul breaks and some characters with good skill sets, and money would probably be dropped. Heck, I activately roll on stuff containing XIII and XV characters despite not having played them behind the demos of XIII-2 and LR. The lack of interest likely stems from a lack of content.

Cold-dropping some MMO banners in the middle of the LOTR and just after a discount banner refresh doesn’t help them much, either. I doubt many people are spending a full 50 on anything right now.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Wow! Another Disco. This time Noel's Arcane! This could actually be fun for sub 30ing XIII.

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if they were getting complaints about being unable to use realm teams for content, hence the pivot. It's pretty darn tricky to even use a given realm in more than about two of the sixteen 5* magicite fights, much less any of the 6* magicite fights.

I mean, Tyro went from who the hell uses him to basically making fights way easier. Especially with the synergy he has with Elarra.

• Options
    Speaking of spending mythril on games I haven’t played, 13 draw for me a new Awakening, hot damn! And this one for an element that wasn’t solved for me yet.

Noel’s Awakening, specifically. 15 ice hits, Enice, and a mode that makes ice attacks speed up his next attack. Noel’s been edging on useful for a while, and this just finally sent him over the top. Between him and Squall’s USB, I think another Odin jusr became possible.

• Options
    Tiny FF11 event. This is weird. Extra missions to make up for it?

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    XIII draw: Fang USB1. I'll take it.

I'm a total sucker for XI but being this close to Fest pretty much kills any enthusiasm for using mythril. Alas.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    LOTR seems to be balancing out my free 10-pull luck.

Serah imperil burst/3

• Options
    1/3
    Serah G+

Not awful, but no functional use.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    I mean I'm a bad judge since I wouldn't spend a dime on this game no matter what but I’m long past caring if I’ve ever heard of a character to use them.

Also snow LMR. Okay?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I mean I'm a bad judge since I wouldn't spend a dime on this game no matter what but I’m long past caring if I’ve ever heard of a character to use them.

Also snow LMR. Okay?
    The one hat gives him a turn of instacast? If so, that’s good with his Chain.

• Options
    How is it with his unique deal ice damage to one target? ;)

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    How is it with his unique deal ice damage to one target? ;)

Absolutely amazing

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Wait. There's a mission to do 6 stages, but there's only 5 available.

What.

Edit:

There are five more stages to be unlocked... eventually, including 3 A++ level stages.

And this is the only time this format is ever used, apparently. Weird.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Good god. The updated rewards for magicite in Japan are giving people over a million greens, and like 16000 t3 lens all at once.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Good god. The updated rewards for magicite in Japan are giving people over a million greens, and like 16000 t3 lens all at once.

it's good to know that come 2021 I will be able to beat all the magicites and Odin.

• Options
    Oof. The flipside is that crystal waters are super SUPER fucking expensive. 1,000 greens each. 30 of each type available, refreshed every two weeks.

All the magicite were also switched to be similar to Torment rewards too, where you can get partial credit for clears.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Raines USB double cast darkness seems like a win. Does double cast work on things like BSB actions or only the actual honed abilites?

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    Raines USB double cast darkness seems like a win. Does double cast work on things like BSB actions or only the actual honed abilites?

Ability double doesn't work on Burst commands because it requires hones.

• Options

All the magicite were also switched to be similar to Torment rewards too, where you can get partial credit for clears.

Hey I was just asking for this

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    To do today:
    Core Dreams III - Ugh this guy just craps out the damage
    one or more titan kills
    37 fest tickets.

ugh.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀