As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

i like to watch the tv

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    We watched the first episode and a half and it was just...idk. nothing at all drew us in or seemed interesting. Everything had a ridiculous faux fantasy name, the plot seemed trite, and the only interesting characters were the birbs.

I'm for sure watching it for the visuals

The gelfling characters do get better but not a ton

The best hero character isnt introduced until halfway through episode 2 and cant speak english

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Rick and morty is good

People that quote Rick and morty at a wedding are not good

Rick and Morty is good and I'm a fan, but simultaneously I am also embarrassed I am a fan and wouldn't mention it as a show I like if asked "Hey, what shows do you like?" in small talk.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    The story stuff in Dark Crystal does get a bit better as it advances and they start paying off all the slow setup stuff they do early on, but it is a very high fantasy sort of story about prophecies and such

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    So, gen:LOCK. I watched the first episode and it was... fine... but does it get better?

sig.gif
  • Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    Dark Crystal is baller and so dang pretty.

It's been a while since a show has been this magical feelin'.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    So, gen:LOCK. I watched the first episode and it was... fine... but does it get better?

I guess it depends on what you’re after in a mech show. Personally I think it gets consistently better as it goes along.

Season 1 definitely feels more like a pilot as a whole, mostly due to the small episode count, but it starts to do some interesting things in regards to the concept of self and relationships in and out of combat, which I think will be really great if they stick with and expand on them in season 2.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    I loved the dark crystal movie as a kid so the TV show was a good nostalgia trip for me. They were faithful to the original in ways I enjoyed and I always respect good practical effects.

I enjoyed it and would watch a second season

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I like the dark crystal except the gelfling faces when they talk

Like the rest of the visual work is let down by the mouths moving like a gift shop rubber hand puppet

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    The gelflings are just too humanlike and because of that land straight in the uncanny valley.

• Options
    This is why the podlings are the secret best part of the show

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Agents of SHIELD is a great show, first half of s1 no withstanding. Some of the primary cast have legitimately impressive acting chops.

Season 6 just became available on Netflix a few days ago, so I'm looking forward to watching that

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    You know, if I had to had made a list in advance of predictions of how The Righteous Gemstones was gonna be based solely on the premise and cast, nowhere to be found on it would have been “Skyler Gisondo will be carrying most of the dramatic weight”

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Skyler Gisondo is a very good actor!

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Hup rules

• Options
    who is the least fuckable Gelfling and why is it Gurjin

• Options
    Tube wrote: »
    who is the least fuckable Gelfling and why is it Gurjin

Cause Gurjin has White Gelf Dreads

Runner up is Rian, got that sad sack widower energy

• Options
    hey tube which puppet from dark crystal do you want to fuck the most

• Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    Chamberlain probably makes freaky noises in bed

• Options
    hey tube which puppet from dark crystal do you want to fuck the most

that question is disrespectful

hang on let me check my notes

• Options
    Probably the wanderer

• Options
    Kruite wrote: »
    Chamberlain probably makes freaky noises in bed

Just imagine his usual hhhiiiiiuummm get slowly more intense and and staccatoed.

• Options
    Probably the wanderer

Its hard to say no to hader

• Options
    Four arms to cuddle with afterwards and a really low-pressure energy which is important when faced with a bizarre alien that you have to make love to due to the premise of the question

• Options
    I think I gotta go with the emperor

that Jason Isaacs smooth voice

aw yeah

• Options
    The emperor is definitely the skeksis to beat, he's also the only one who looks like he'd be mostly free of personal hygiene issues, he looks like a good smelling skeksis

• Options
    More like Sexsis

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    More like skexsis

• Options
    More like Sexsis

That is a very unfortunate choice of word

• Options
    The Heretic is both probably among the smelliest skeksis but also certainly the most tender.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Four arms to cuddle with afterwards and a really low-pressure energy which is important when faced with a bizarre alien that you have to make love to due to the premise of the question

Tube you should watch Steven universe the movie because it this oddly syncs up with a portion of it

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    I've been thinking more and more about how having four arms like Goro or even better six like The Kollector would be really keen, I'd enjoy that a lot and would find a lot of uses for my extra arms

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I haven't started on the new Dark Crystal series yet and I hate you all for planting these seeds prior to me doing so

• Options
    I mean they're getting pretty good at cyber arm replacements now and I'm thinking why replace an arm, why not add at least one arm for a a total of three or more.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I mean they're getting pretty good at cyber arm replacements now and I'm thinking why replace an arm, why not add at least one arm for a a total of three or more.

Muscular control would probably be an issue?

My uncle had a pretty good robot arm for a while there, and it was running off of the motions of his left pectoral and what he had left of his shoulder muscles. It all worked pretty well, but I imagine if those muscles are still working on their intended function, it could get a bit confused.

I know they've been working on directly neural interfaced prosthetics, but I'm not exactly sure how those would mesh with additional limbs either.

• Options
    Look I'm not a science guy just make me into a goro that's all I want

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular

Hang on let me get my contract signing pen

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

Hang on let me get my contract signing pen

you still haven't told me why I hate ginger!

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    That Netflix trailer for thier upcoming show Criminal looks like it is either inspired or a variant of Rooster Teeth's Murder Room.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Agents of SHIELD is a great show, first half of s1 no withstanding. Some of the primary cast have legitimately impressive acting chops.

Season 6 just became available on Netflix a few days ago, so I'm looking forward to watching that

Lower budget is relatively apparent, and it's a bit of a slower start than the past couple seasons, but it comes together and ends pretty strong. Not the best season, but I'd put it in the upper half.

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Rick and morty is good

People that quote Rick and morty at a wedding are not good

The worst part was my wife was sitting next to me and asked why I was in shock. She's never seen the show so when I explained the show and that the original speech was made by a total piece of shit protagonist, she shared my horror.

Unfortunately, the rest of her family was confused about the speech as well so she told them that I knew the context, and then had to explain that I watch a show that has a garbage main character that some people hero-worship and now I'm pretty sure everyone in her family thinks I'm a goddamn weirdo for knowing it.

which is why i never tell people I watch Rick and Morty

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
This discussion has been closed.