As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Server Admin [Chat]

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    Counterpoint Chats shouldn’t be recycled and should just go on and on for thousands of pages

Please no.

The new forums I joined for Transformers stuff have it set to like 20 posts per page by default, or something like that, and there are threads with over 3,000 pages. Kind of hard to find info in there!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Like our planet, we are running out of time

Our planet has plenty of time until Andromeda collides into the Milky Way.

How much time we have is on a different stop watch.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Recruiter just called me back from an interview I did about a month ago saying they wanted to move forward with me but needed a BRD writing sample. I do not write BRDs for fun. They are all work product and I am not sharing that. Also, this is for a temp to permanent position. In Miami. I am not uprooting my family unless you're willing to put a ring on it. No sir. I don't care that temp to perm is the way things are done in your shit swamp.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    23:05

Done working on the death march project for today

Damn straight I'm getting flex time for this.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Recruiter just called me back from an interview I did about a month ago saying they wanted to move forward with me but needed a BRD writing sample. I do not write BRDs for fun. They are all work product and I am not sharing that. Also, this is for a temp to permanent position. In Miami. I am not uprooting my family unless you're willing to put a ring on it. No sir. I don't care that temp to perm is the way things are done in your shit swamp.

you guys still eyeing that move to the south

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    do you guys think 👅🍑 daddy 💦🍌 will let us have 100 pages this time OwO

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

Yeah you start suggesting severance packages and suddenly "sorry this isn't a good fit".

Neither is temp to perm and you probably not paying me at all.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    do you guys think 👅🍑 daddy 💦🍌 will let us have 100 pages this time OwO

which mod should I tag with this?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

It's too asspensive. We're NYexiting

• Options

Chicago bruh

do it

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Do you guys have extended fam in the picture? coordinating that in-state is hard enough, idk how folks do it

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    23:05

Done working on the death march project for today

Damn straight I'm getting flex time for this.

???

49_300x300_Front_Color-NA.jpg?Size=NA&AttributeValue=NA&region={%22name%22:%22FrontCenter%22,%22width%22:9,%22height%22:9,%22alignment%22:%22MiddleCenter%22,%22orientation%22:0,%22dpi%22:150,%22crop_x%22:0,%22crop_y%22:0,%22crop_h%22:1350,%22crop_w%22:1350,%22scale%22:0,%22template%22:{%22id%22:67340698,%22params%22:{}}}

• Options

Chicago bruh

do it

Just for you, I will apply to everything on LinkedIn in the Chicago Metro Area with LinkedIn Easy Apply tonight

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Questionable decisions for an early weekend:

It's 21h
    Find an unopened can of whipped cream in the fridge (that you spent an hour looking for last weekend, but you apparently forgot to pack)
    Look at the "best before date" It's 3 days ago
    Think what you have in the house for whipped cream
    The answer: Nothing...except.....Irish coffee

Break the following rules: Don't drink calories, don't drink caffeine after 15h, don't drink alcohol alone.
    Early Weekend!

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    America's first wut

• Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    Don't edit tacos.

All tacos are beautiful.

• Options
    America's first wut
    This week, the magazine announced the creation of a new position to stand alongside its barbecue editor: beginning September 18th, José R. Ralat will become the magazine’s and the nation’s first taco editor
    (this is in Texas, of course)

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    r58ch5t25quz.jpeg

Booooooo

• Options
    End open = taco
    End folded = burrito

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    There's a certain feel when you finally find the cause of a bug that's been hounding your ass for hours at 4:30 and you have to keep yourself from screaming out "HOLY FUCK HOW DID WE NOT NOTICE THIS SOONER"

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    vj0dl1gm76c3.png

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    new thread almost made me forget I was going to say the world wasn't ready for gay Data (or, Gayta) in whenever TNG aired

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    new thread almost made me forget I was going to say the world wasn't ready for gay Data (or, Gayta) in whenever TNG aired

Well some lube maybe a little finger exercises you'd be ready.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    P10 wrote: »
    gayta would've made the world ready

• Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    vj0dl1gm76c3.png

chanus is old confirmed again

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    There's a certain feel when you finally find the cause of a bug that's been hounding your ass for hours at 4:30 and you have to keep yourself from screaming out "HOLY FUCK HOW DID WE NOT NOTICE THIS SOONER"

During my time as someone poking around in an ss13 codebranch, I once figured out that the reason the station's atmo system wasn't working, which had someone else digging through that pile of spaghetti code for days, was that, in the actual map, all of the vents had the "turned on" var set to 0. I noticed this because there was a single vent in a hallway that was actually turned on, which gave it a different sprite from the others.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    aggretsuka blyat

yob tvoyu mat &c

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/41648180/#Comment_41648180 @credeiki i just saw this

what if you got it written into your contract that on days when you have to do actual work, they're legally beholden to pay you double your normal rate. we could call it combat pay or hazard pay.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I just found out Siegfried & Roy were gay, for one another.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    I need to make a LinkedIn thingy I guess

I really thought it was just a fad that would blow over

maybe i'll do it tonight when porp is at book club

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    84ejenmzfd6f.jpeg

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

... you serious?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    linkedin is like if facebook were somehow slimier and more aggressive

at first you might think that doesn't seem possible. and yet...

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

... you serious?

Yes!

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    I need to make a LinkedIn thingy I guess

I really thought it was just a fad that would blow over

maybe i'll do it tonight when porp is at book club

What did you decide about your job? Staying?

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    linkedin is like if facebook were somehow slimier and more aggressive

at first you might think that doesn't seem possible. and yet...

But it DOES tell you whenever someone looks at your profile, so stalkers have a tough time of it.

• Options
    I wanna be extremely rich, so I can legally call my exes my “former lovers.”

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I wanna be extremely rich, so I can legally call my exes my “former lovers.”

Is that a rich only thing?

I've started saying "an old flame" since the term ex now has a very specific and higher value place in my vocabulary. I only have and hopefully will only ever have one "ex"

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I have now seen the new FFVII trailer.

I guess it's aimed exclusively at olds who played it first time round and designed to make them go oh yeah cool that bit and that guy but holy shit that is a badly put together trailer. Just all over the fucking place. And the voice acting is just so very, very bad.

This discussion has been closed.