As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Émilie du [Chât]elet

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    I have ready a good chunk of the new Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay book

This might be it, the game that is perfect for my group that wants something beyond DCC but maybe not the heft of BW

If nothing else, I love a game that devotes no fewer than 25 pages of all the ways I, the GM, can hurt the players

I very much want the age of sigmar one i wonder if it lets me harm my friends the same way

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    grrr NIS tried to process my disgaea 4 complete pre order and it failed, luckily I randomly saw the thread in G&T and have re pre ordered it, but idk if they're out of stock (what kind of 'pre order stock meter' has a level for '0-5% available'??? that 0 being in there doesn't inspire confidence!

probably means they have more than 0 that it's still orderable but you never know.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Honk wrote: »
    beyond "Eating them immediately after purchase", how does one keep potatoes?

mine always seem to go bad within a week. I though potatoes were supposed to keep longer than that!

They are supposed to.

Do you keep them in a warm and moist environment - that's the wrong environment. Otherwise I have no clue, other than the store you buy them in keep a big stock and when you buy them they're already old.

i keep them in a cabinet under my kitchen counter. I heard that potatoes need to be away from light and not much else. it's not particularly moist as far as i can tell.

BAD TATERS IMO

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    @21stCentury keep ‘em in the fridge?

• Options
    My advice is to use rice and pasta instead of potatoes because I like those better.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I had some potatoes go bad on me and they stained the cupboard.

Pen Gillete lost weight by just eating only potatoes for a while.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2019
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    Orphane wrote: »
    I’m not sure why fare jumpers annoy me so much. It’s the same feeling I get when a car drives down the shoulder of a highway during stop and go traffic to merge way later

It'a because we live in a society and dipshits who do this just think they're not subject to the same kind of social niceties that keep things turning

well I mean. not driving down the shoulder costs you nothing, fare isn't free. there's a difference here I feel the need to point out.

When someone drives down the shoulder instead of just zipper merging like everyone else someone inevitably has to stop and let them in wasting time

Time is money friend said in wow goblin voice

yeah but not literally. I don't like when people do that on the road either, though I'll give benefit of the doubt as often as possible that they really do have somewhere they need to be nownownow. but it's not the same, to me, to be impatient or late as it is to not have $ to get through the turnstile.

But it’s not that they don’t have the money to get through. They just don’t want to pay

[citation needed]

Vanguard on
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    Bethryn wrote: »
    39(+?) bodies found in the back of a lorry that appears to have come from Bulgaria.

?!?!?
    Without delving into politics, a common source of undocumented immigration into the UK is sneaking inside (or being knowingly stowed inside) vehicles taking the Channel Tunnel. Something went terribly wrong here.
    Could also be human trafficking. Can't say yet.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

mine always seem to go bad within a week. I though potatoes were supposed to keep longer than that!

They are supposed to.

Do you keep them in a warm and moist environment - that's the wrong environment. Otherwise I have no clue, other than the store you buy them in keep a big stock and when you buy them they're already old.

i keep them in a cabinet under my kitchen counter. I heard that potatoes need to be away from light and not much else. it's not particularly moist as far as i can tell.

BAD TATERS IMO

it keep happening though. :(

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    @21stCentury keep ‘em in the fridge?

i thought you weren't supposed to do that?

Also my fridge, as large as it is, doesn't have space for a big sack of potatos.

• Options

They are supposed to.

BAD TATERS IMO

I WARNED U ABOUT POTATOES

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I’m not sure why fare jumpers annoy me so much. It’s the same feeling I get when a car drives down the shoulder of a highway during stop and go traffic to merge way later

It'a because we live in a society and dipshits who do this just think they're not subject to the same kind of social niceties that keep things turning

well I mean. not driving down the shoulder costs you nothing, fare isn't free. there's a difference here I feel the need to point out.

When someone drives down the shoulder instead of just zipper merging like everyone else someone inevitably has to stop and let them in wasting time

Time is money friend said in wow goblin voice

yeah but not literally. I don't like when people do that on the road either, though I'll give benefit of the doubt as often as possible that they really do have somewhere they need to be nownownow. but it's not the same, to me, to be impatient or late as it is to not have $ to get through the turnstile.

But it’s not that they don’t have the money to get through. They just don’t want to pay

well I'm gonna leave that assumption to you, I'm sure everyone has different reasons.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options

They are supposed to.

BAD TATERS IMO

I WARNED U ABOUT POTATOES

Damn, i shouldn't have wanted to be a piece of shit all day and eat those potatos.

you told me dawg.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    can't believe larry king doesn't like polygon

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Burnage wrote: »

I love the footnote.

Someone on twitter pointed out something grating that i'm 1000% guilty of.

I mean, okay, maybe not 1000%. I have two main NB characters and only one of them is a monsterenby (The one in All my Hexes live in Texas, Newt) but i still feel called out.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    our wework is giving out free coffee flavoured Monster and it's as bad as that description would make you think

• Options
    Tav wrote: »
    our wework is giving out free coffee flavoured Monster and it's as bad as that description would make you think

sounds as bad as monster-flavored coffee.

• Options
    BAN PEOPLE FROM THE INTERNET

• Options
    i don't understand twitter

• Options

That'll bring the cash flow back imo

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    BAN PEOPLE FROM THE INTERNET

I can only ban them from part of the internet but I'm happy to start the ball rolling.

• Options
    evilbob wrote: »

@evilbob god i fuckin' hate CFG

• Options
    P10 wrote: »

which part?

• Options

they just pulled out on two major building deals in dublin but it's fine cus our one brought in a van to give out free chips last week

• Options

which part?
    the part that isn't thirstily following NSFW cosplayers

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

which part?

The algorithm part

• Options

which part?
    the part that isn't thirstily following NSFW cosplayers

oh i know only that part so let me explain.

People post words and pictures that don't always include NSFW cosplay and i laugh.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

sounds as bad as monster-flavored coffee.

You got your peanut butter in my thiol compounds!

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Prison wallet

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular

They are supposed to.

How do you mean go bad? If they sprout you can still eat them

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    i was bored and also baffled at some really dumb tweets i read so i made a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTJQ7tTBnM4

It's simple Jacob: They fell into a Clickbait trap where they reacted to a headline without reading the article.

I mean, I don't even think it's clickbait! It's just a pun about the actual content of the article!

• Options

They are supposed to.

They turn to sludge.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Potatoes start liquefying when they go bad.

• Options

they just pulled out on two major building deals in dublin but it's fine cus our one brought in a van to give out free chips last week

As soon as I heard about the Monster van I bought 50k shares.

• Options
    Are y'all keeping potatoes in a box in the sauna or something?

• Options
    I think it's unethical to keep potatoes.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular

They are supposed to.

They turn to sludge.

Hmm idk

I keep mine in a cabinet and they don’t seem to go off unless I leave them there for weeks

• Options
    Oh!

Did you put the pin back in the potato? It shouldn't go off if you put the pin back.

• Options
    I think it's unethical to keep potatoes.

At least let them play outside for a bit in a safe environment with strong fences so they don't wander into the road.

This discussion has been closed.