As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

KRANCH [bad food]

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I love the cheesy roll-up

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I mainly eat hot dogs cold straight from the packet while stood at the open fridge.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Atheraal wrote: »
    I realized today that I could top my crepes with butter, maple syrup, cinnamon sugar, and lime juice

Now I really want to try a cinnamon bun with citrus glaze instead of frosting

A bakery near where I lived in Portland made orange creme rolls. Basically just sticky buns but with a sweet orange syrup and some vanilla creme. They were fuckin' delicious and something I hadn't thought about for maybe 10 years until now. So, thanks, I guess!

Pinfeldorf Do you remember what bakery?

Nope, it was in NW by the Ben & Jerry's and McMiniman's. 10 years ago.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I love the cheesy roll-up

Thats all my neice asks for from Taco Bell. I gave her a gift card for Halloween amd apparently she bought like 15 and a frozen drink

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Taco Bell stopped carrying my favorite item, the Chicken Chipotle Griller

I’m pretty sure it was just to mess with me because they still carry the other, inferior Grillers.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Had the Beyond Meat Sausage on a bagel from Dunkin.
    Not bad, a heavily spiced breakfast 'sausage'. Seemed smaller than the regular meat but have to compare side by side.

Daughter reports high marks for the holiday brownie crumble donut.

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Atheraal wrote: »
    I realized today that I could top my crepes with butter, maple syrup, cinnamon sugar, and lime juice

Now I really want to try a cinnamon bun with citrus glaze instead of frosting

Pillsbury makes a can of orange rolls you can buy at most grocery stores that is exactly what you are describing.

• Options
    AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    Cool, hopefully we have them here in Canada

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    When I was small my snooty classist IODE grandmother came to our isolated barn house and caught me eatin raw hotdogs out the package and nearly got me comitted as a ward of the state

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    I remembered when we ran out of ice cream I ate the remaining ice cream cones plain out of the box.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    When I was small my snooty classist IODE grandmother came to our isolated barn house and caught me eatin raw hotdogs out the package and nearly got me comitted as a ward of the state

Whenever I have to babysit small children I'm pretty thrilled to get through an afternoon without anyone eating a spider. Or pooping somewhere weird.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    IODE?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    When I was small my snooty classist IODE grandmothercame to our isolated barn house and caught me eatin raw hotdogs out the package and nearly got me comitted as a ward of the state

So, uh... which IODE?
    https://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/IODE

V1m on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Sat down in the whole foods to drink my ginger kombucha (shut up I live in West Cambridge) and noticed the woman next to me has just ploughed through an entire large tray of lychees in about five minutes.
    So mad respect to that lady, also am annoyed I missed that they had lychees?!?

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Which WHAT

Also the Imperial Order Daughters of the Empire was a charity organisation/club for loyalist WASPS who all wore union jack underpants or so I certainly assume

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Tomorrow I will be partaking in some kind of Hot "Wing" challenge at a friends house.

But the friend is vegan so the wings are gonna be breaded, air fried cauliflower.

This could go either way.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I ordered pizza for lunch.

Pizza is really good. I don't know why we kept inventing food after we got to pizza, that's pretty much the game.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Sat down in the whole foods to drink my ginger kombucha (shut up I live in West Cambridge) and noticed the woman next to me has just ploughed through an entire large tray of lychees in about five minutes.
    So mad respect to that lady, also am annoyed I missed that they had lychees?!?

I think it's pretty clear that the other lady ordered all of them.
    Facts in evidence.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    so just to give y'all some idea what the situation in my fridge is right now, for lunch I'm having my last three fried corn tortillas, my last three eggs, fried, topped with the last of my friendsgiving gravy, the last of my aardvark sauce, and some of those deep fried onions in a can that nobody uses for anything except green bean casserole

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I throw those french-fried onions on absolutely everything

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    so just to give y'all some idea what the situation in my fridge is right now, for lunch I'm having my last three fried corn tortillas, my last three eggs, fried, topped with the last of my friendsgiving gravy, the last of my aardvark sauce, and some of those deep fried onions in a can that nobody uses for anything except green bean casserole

Have you just not gone to the store recently or are you eating the last of your food because you can't afford more?

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    the first thing

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

Toss em on a chili dog

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Madican wrote: »

Toss em on a chili dog

Fine! I will!

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I made pudding.

Or. I hope it sets up right into pudding.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I have no food in the house except beans and rice so I made beans and rice. Put a little tomato paste in there because I had it. And also cheese.

It is edible and maybe has a nutrient?

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I probably should have cooked the pudding longer

• Options
    Juggernut wrote: »
    I have no food in the house except beans and rice so I made beans and rice. Put a little tomato paste in there because I had it. And also cheese.

It is edible and maybe has a nutrient?

Nutrition-wise, you're golden. You have just described the meal that all human civilization up to this point has been based on. Plus tomato paste and cheese.

Now go build a pyramid, and make it snappy.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

Sounds to me like you're badly in need of Aardvark. I'm about 3 or 4 days behind you.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    This is ridiculous.

SPICY LOBSTER SEAFOOD HOTPOT LAKE! 15 Person SEAFOOD CHALLENGE in Singapore (17 mins)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXPdNh118yo

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I ordered pizza for lunch.

Pizza is really good. I don't know why we kept inventing food after we got to pizza, that's pretty much the game.
    While I would tend to agree, we needed to invent more foods to increase the number of pizza toppings.

sig.gif
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Wife and I went to the new giant Starbucks in Chicago today. Worlds largest. It was really cool and the pastries and the coffee was really really good. I bought a quarter pound of good good coffee beans and they gave us a free pound bag of other good coffee beans for free.

If you can check it out I recommend it!

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Wife and I went to the new giant Starbucks in Chicago today. Worlds largest. It was really cool and the pastries and the coffee was really really good. I bought a quarter pound of good good coffee beans and they gave us a free pound bag of other good coffee beans for free.

If you can check it out I recommend it!

Would like to check that out, just for the ridiculousness of it.

The ice cream is from a place in my town, so that's cool.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I had the gelato coffee malt and it was amazing

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Just had two curry puffs for lunch that were so dense and heavy that I'm posting from the upper mantle and may lose signal soon

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Bros Meat Pie Review in Bundaberg (6 mins)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQRcNPKDjKQ

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Just had two curry puffs for lunch that were so dense and heavy that I'm posting from the upper mantle and may lose signal soon

What is a curry puff? I'm imagining a pasty full of curry and am wondering if the reality could possibly be better than that.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited November 2019

What is a curry puff? I'm imagining a pasty full of curry and am wondering if the reality could possibly be better than that.

Wikipedia says that's basically it, yes - a hand-pie filled with curry chicken (and sometimes potatoes, etc).

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular

Wikipedia says that's basically it, yes - a hand-pie filled with curry chicken (and sometimes potatoes, etc).

They're really good! I usually prefer the veggie or sardine version more than the chicken.

This discussion has been closed.