As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Witcher] Watching Season 2 is Your Destiny, Probably

• Options
    BlarghyBlarghy Registered User regular
    I did basically everything in W3, including the expansion packs, gwent, and completed every single marker on every map. Final tally, 223 hours. :(

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Speaking of those hospital scenes, minorish spoilers,
    I remember the surgeon inspecting some dead guy and it turned out to be some witcher who was in the battle for some reason? Is that dude in a short story?
    It's Coen, who you see with the other wintering witchers in Kaer Morhen at the start of Blood of Elves. Ciri predicts his death, I think

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    The first game is hella flawed, but the scene where
    Geralt, Dandelion, Zoltan, and Shani are sitting around drinking and telling stories is one of my favorite moments in gaming. It expanded my conception of just what kinds of stories and experiences you could have in a game.

Phillishere on
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    The Last Wish is this week's #1 bestseller on Amazon.

Regardless of what Sapkowski actually thinks of the show he must be pretty happy with it right now.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Digging all those designs except Ciri but then I think she's taking over her (foster) momma.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Interesting the artist is capitalizing on the popularity of the show, but used the game and book?) version of Triss.

Great work, just interesting. Wonder if they're pieces they had completed before.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Those pieces have been floating around for a few months, prior to the show's release

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    I really love the music in this show. I've been listening to it a lot.

Final episode spoilers

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    My dad watched the show but he keeps calling it "The Whistler" when talking about it for some reason

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Those pieces have been floating around for a few months, prior to the show's release

That explains it, thanks!
    Platy wrote: »
    My dad watched the show but he keeps calling it "The Whistler" when talking about it for some reason

Ha, love it. Geralt whistling instead of 'Hmm' or 'Fuck'.

Or maybe different whistles instead of hand signs for Aard, Igni, etc.

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    To be fair I whistled a ton in W3 trying to get Roach off of houses and the like.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

That explains it, thanks!

Ha, love it. Geralt whistling instead of 'Hmm' or 'Fuck'.

Or maybe different whistles instead of hand signs for Aard, Igni, etc.

Yondu as a witcher

• Options
    Finished The Last Wish. Think my favourite story was The Edge of the World. Overall was surprised how talkative and friendly Geralt seemed. It's kind of weird actually that the games and show have him being such a stoic grump, because he's really not like that in the book.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular

My dad still refers to Stranger Things as Mysterious Ways

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Does one need to start a new game to get access to dlc content like the new haircuts and stuff? Cuz me and my husband was all psyched about the new hair styles but none of the barbers seem to be offering them.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Does one need to start a new game to get access to dlc content like the new haircuts and stuff? Cuz me and my husband was all psyched about the new hair styles but none of the barbers seem to be offering them.

You need to turn on the dlc in the game menu.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »

Is this on PC? I'm having trouble finding any option menu for it.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »

Is this on PC? I'm having trouble finding any option menu for it.

Now that I think more on it. I have the GOG version on pc and you set the dlc in the l launcher. Not sure about Steam.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    I'm trying some stuff I found in some steam threads about other people having the same issue (always a good sign that I didn't, personally, break my game) so fingers crossed I suppose

• Options
    edited January 2020
    I'm trying some stuff I found in some steam threads about other people having the same issue (always a good sign that I didn't, personally, break my game) so fingers crossed I suppose

If you're using steam, check that the DLC is installed via the steam manager. Next, there is a menu in options somewhere in-game where you can toggle dlc

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »

If you're using steam, check that the DLC is installed via the steam manager. Next, there is a menu in options somewhere in-game where you can toggle dlc

Is it the same menu where you can make Triss and Ciri change outfits and feel vaguely like a creep?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    I'm trying that now, steam has to download all the stuff so that's gonna be like an hour, hopefully it works!

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Uuuuugggfhhhhhdhdkakabcbdiwofbfn it didn't work

I REALLY don't wanna have to do a full reinstallation that would super bum me out I've made so much progress already!

Uninstalled all dlc, reinstalled after a two hour download, restarting steam where appropriate, and it STILL doesn't wanna register the dlc. It says "dlc available!" at the bottom of the main menu, but no additional menu for the content we assuredly have.

In the words of Geralt of Rivia, "hm... Fuck."

Edit: and apparently the husband checked the ini and the dlc is seemingly enabled in the ini but none of the dlc haircuts are showing up as options in the barbershop, nor is Yen in her special outfit or whatever. I'm miffed!

Metzger Meister on
  • Options

I REALLY don't wanna have to do a full reinstallation that would super bum me out I've made so much progress already!

Uninstalled all dlc, reinstalled after a two hour download, restarting steam where appropriate, and it STILL doesn't wanna register the dlc. It says "dlc available!" at the bottom of the main menu, but no additional menu for the content we assuredly have.

Edit: and apparently the husband checked the ini and the dlc is seemingly enabled in the ini but none of the dlc haircuts are showing up as options in the barbershop, nor is Yen in her special outfit or whatever. I'm miffed!

Check the dlc menu?

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options

Check the dlc menu?

There is no dlc menu! This is the crux of the issue!

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular

Check the dlc menu?

There is no dlc menu! This is the crux of the issue!

But have you tried checking the menu that has the dlc?

• Options
    I think the DLC menu only shows up in the main start up menu, not the one you can access while playing (apologies if that is useless information)

You could also try verifying your game data in the steam client? Sometimes that fixes things what gone wonky

• Options
    YES I FIXED IT I'M THE SMARTEST PERSON ALIVE AND IT DEFINITELY WASN'T MY FAULT IN THE FIRST PLACE BECAUSE OF A DUMB MOD CONFLICT

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    did somebody in here talk about this? I can't remember if this is my idea or stolen, lol

We go to the Ren Faire every year, me and my friends, and I usually dress like a plain ol' monk, but this year I'm gonna wear Jaskier's outfit and fill my pockets with change and throw it at people dressed like Geralt

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Ya gotta practice your coin toss

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Throw all the coins at them at once, in a sock, really hard and fast

• Options
    how's your lute-playing

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    I have really mixed feelings on the show, but Zigrin is a LOT of fun. Going full "I'LL BURN YER HOOSE DOWN" Scottish is just a total blast to see on a televised program

He's loads of fun, but I'm not a huge fan of "burn yer hoose down Scottish" as a concept. He's, like, wildly stereotypical (or, not really, but more someone's idea of stereotypical) if you want to place him in our Scotland.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    did somebody in here talk about this? I can't remember if this is my idea or stolen, lol

We go to the Ren Faire every year, me and my friends, and I usually dress like a plain ol' monk, but this year I'm gonna wear Jaskier's outfit and fill my pockets with change and throw it at people dressed like Geralt

I saw an Imgur post from some ren fair honcho encouraging this very behaviour as a way of showing acceptance to all the newbie witcher cosplayers.

• Options
    Mayday wrote: »

I saw an Imgur post from some ren fair honcho encouraging this very behaviour as a way of showing acceptance to all the newbie witcher cosplayers.

Cue the last-minute pieces of paper stuck everywhere, *UNDERHAND* TOSSES ONLY!

Kind of cool if there's an uptick in Witchers. Saw there's going to be another printing of the books.

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Last Episode
    Forgot to mention that when Geralt is falling over after getting wounded he says something to the effect of "Looks like it won't be happily ever after, Roach"

Which oddly enough seems to imply the show is going with my theory that "and they lived happily ever after" was Geralt's last wish

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    Just got done watching the series again. Definitely noticed its flaws more the second time around. Still tentatively hopeful for the second season though.

Probably my opinion of it has been affected by now having done some of the reading. Some of the changes from the stories made me scratch my head.

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    how's your lute-playing

If it's bad just get a broken lute and blame it on the elves.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Throw all the coins at them at once, in a sock, really hard and fast

Money really does open doors.

steam_sig.png