As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Impeachment] Intel Cmte Report Released (OP-2) | Judiciary Hearings Begin (2019/12/04)

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Dunder wrote: »
    Monwyn wrote: »
    Slortex wrote: »
    Some clown called into C-Span's Democratic line regarding Marie Yovanovitch's career choice, insinuating she should be a financial advisor instead of an ambassador because she turned a 200,000 salary over 33 years into a net worth of over 6 million. Then said something about deep state operatives.

But... $200,000 x 33 = $6,600,000. Basic math is too much, I guess?

I mean, that dude is dumb, but most people don't save every dollar they earn on account of the need to, you know, live

Although I'm sure an ambassador is basically provided free housing by the government, which would help a lot

no need to save every penny. Compound interest is a thing, especially over 33 years.

We just got word of multiple corroborating first hand accounts of the president loudly admitting to crimes in public and you are talking about the ROI on the ex-ambassador's investments.

Every single thing I hear/see about Holmes's testimony is ridiculously damning.

(Politico reporter)

Two devastating details from Holmes’s testimony, just read on air by CNN: 1. He personally heard Trump demand investigation of Biden. 2. Sondland said Trump didn’t care about the war with Russia because he only cared about things that benefited him, like the Biden investigation.

Like, just comically damning.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    How's this for pizazz?

(CNN reporter with a CNN screenshot of quite the Trump quote)

Clap those orange cheeks.

Go to jail.

• Options
    Also, apparently Holmes said Sondland claimed the surprise freeze on aid came straight from Trump. (CNN Reporter)

Sondland is going to be having a very, very stressful weekend.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I just wish there was more evidence than “I heard thing.” But I guess it doesn’t matter, because the GOP has blatantly ignored damning evidence already.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    I just wish there was more evidence than “I heard thing.” But I guess it doesn’t matter, because the GOP has blatantly ignored damning evidence already.

Oh there is. It's just that Trump has fucking hidden it all on classified servers and shit.

• Options
    edited November 2019

Oh there is. It's just that Trump has fucking hidden it all on classified servers and shit.

Or is preventing the firsthand source from testifying.

Or in Sondland's case, is lying and deeply regretting testifying in the first place.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular

Or is preventing the firsthand source from testifying.

Or in Sondland's case, is lying and deeply regretting testifying in the first place.

This is day three of the public phase of the inquiry.

Three!

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Sondland's new hobby is trying to figure out how much he has to give to not go to prison.

• Options
    NotYouNotYou Registered User regular
    Sondland is very much regretting paying a million dollars for his current position.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    NotYou wrote: »
    Sondland is very much regretting paying a million dollars for his current position.

it’s like his get out of into jail free for a million dollars card

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Talk about a fuckin monkey's paw wish huh

• Options
    Martini_PhilosopherMartini_Philosopher Registered User regular
    NotYou wrote: »

Thought it was going to be a vacation. Those lovely beaches. The beautiful women (men?)! And you never really have to work. Let the lifers do the real work. That's what they're there for. Just listen to the President when he calls. Trust me.

All opinions are my own and in no way reflect that of my employer.
  • Options
    CNN Producer

NEW: After private White House meeting, Giuliani associate Lev Parnas said he was on a 'secret mission' for Trump, sources tell CNN's @VickyPJWard

Giuliani and his pals are... so bad at everything.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    CNN Producer

NEW: After private White House meeting, Giuliani associate Lev Parnas said he was on a 'secret mission' for Trump, sources tell CNN's @VickyPJWard

Reminds me of the stupid kid in Junior high who'd brag about selling weed out of his locker.

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    These people deserve absolutely everything that's coming to them.

And I'm going to drink it up like ambrosia.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    These people deserve absolutely everything that's coming to them.

And I'm going to drink it up like ambrosia.

And look at the mast that the GOP, FOX, and billionaires have tied themselves to.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    I generally don’t have a lot of good to say about any news media, much less US news media, but you folks have a real public good in the PBS News Hour. It seems to focus on the content of the news by having a modern but deeply generic backdrop.

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I generally don’t have a lot of good to say about any news media, much less US news media, but you folks have a real public good in the PBS News Hour. It seems to focus on the content of the news by having a modern but deeply generic backdrop.

Plus its anchored by people that speak with well-reasoned nuance and can articulate at a college level, instead of attempting to get a viral soundbite into the memesphere ASAP.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular

PBS gave us Mr. Rogers, Bob Ross, Sesame Street, and Mystery!. I'm pretty sure one day in the future there will be a history book about American contributions to humanity which will feature both the highlight of PBS and the low-light of Trump's presidency.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular

And its anchored by people that speak with well reasoned nuance and articulate at a college level, instead of attempting to get a viral soundbite into the memesphere ASAP.

Though it's really a shame Gwen Ifill died. I'd love to know her take.

• Options
    Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    edited November 2019

As with all things good, the GOP is deeply inimical to it and has tried to cut funding to it before.

Twenty Sided on
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    CNN Producer

Reminds me of the stupid kid in Junior high who'd brag about selling weed out of his locker.

I went to school with a kid like that.

-he never got caught-

Giuliani and his pals are -worse- than that kid. Think about that.

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    CNN Producer

-he never got caught-

I did business with the kid like that.

These people are an insult to criminality.

• Options
    Trace wrote: »
    CNN Producer

-he never got caught-

Our kid got caught and then booted.He then went to the same college as me, where he got booted within the first month when his roommate walked in on him cutting up a pound of weed with an electric meat slicer.

Tying this back to the thread Some people can't help themselves. Look at Roger Stone. Even if Trump pardons him, he'll find a way to fuckup again and land himself in more trouble. Same with Trump. He dodged Mueller and then almost immediately stepped in shit again.

• Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    Tying this back to the thread Some people can't help themselves. Look at Roger Stone. Even if Trump pardons him, he'll find a way to fuckup again and land himself in more trouble. Same with Trump. He dodged Mueller and then almost immediately stepped in shit again.

Trump pardoning Stone would be a complete disaster, since it would mean that stone could be compelled to testify to their hearts content with no fear of violating his fifth amendment rights and also further cement that trump is desperately trying to circumvent the law.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Gaddez wrote: »

Trump pardoning Stone would be a complete disaster, since it would mean that stone could be compelled to testify to their hearts content with no fear of violating his fifth amendment rights and also further cement that trump is desperately trying to circumvent the law.

So what you're saying is that it will definitely happen.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    moniker wrote: »

And its anchored by people that speak with well reasoned nuance and articulate at a college level, instead of attempting to get a viral soundbite into the memesphere ASAP.

Though it's really a shame Gwen Ifill died. I'd love to know her take.

What I didn’t know that, fuck :(

• Options
    RhahRhah Registered User regular
    I just realized since Trump cannot control the volume of his voice, so they place him next to a running helicopter so everybody thinks its normal.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular

Yeah, but Stone would get up on the stand and gleefully lie his ass off about everything.

• Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »

Yeah, but Stone would get up on the stand and gleefully lie his ass off about everything.

Then back to prison with him!

Does Trump get to pardon that too? Infinite loop of pardons?

• Options
    The reality is that we are rapidly approaching a place where the truth is obvious. Pre-presidency, people had the luxury of assuming Trump's shit was an act. They don't anymore.

Mueller was fuzzy, and rough for people to process. Ukraine and Trump's actions and coverup (tweeting at Yovanavitch) are not.

The populace will either make the right choice on this, or they won't. This is why Biden's poll numbers give me hope and confidence. I don't think it's that people are IGNORING Biden's flaws- they just don't care. Joe's already proven himself stable as VP, whereas Trump is a fucking slimemonster. I think people are more trusting of a candidate with human foibles, rather than the ones promising them things that seem unnattainable, which is why he is STILL outperforming wlWarren and Sanders. This is an oversimplification, but it feels right.

We'll see.

• Options
    TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular

Or else, just not show up if and when summoned.

Not like anyone actually pays any consequence for that these days.

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular

Ignoring congressional subpoenas and ignoring big-boy court subpoenas are two totally different beasts and the federal judiciary does not play around like congress does.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I Zimbra wrote: »

Ignoring congressional subpoenas and ignoring big-boy court subpoenas are two totally different beasts and the federal judiciary does not play around like congress does.

Also, the judge can actually order you arrested, and already has a place you can be held.

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I Zimbra wrote: »

Also, the judge can actually order you arrested, and already has a place you can be held.

Yup. The three things Congress doesn't really have, that the Judiciary does.

1) Not giving a fuck about politics, or being seen as partisan.
    2) A law enforcement arm that isn't a relic of a bygone era, and has thousands of people backing it up.
    3) A place to lock people up, that's well suited to doing so.

Of course, if it's a criminal case, then it doesn't matter what Stone says, as long as Trump is President. But that doesn't save Stone. And as we've seen, Trump is hesitant to pull the trigger on pardons for his cronies. Sure, he did Arpaio, and these three military disgraces. But Manafort and Cohen are still in prison. Does Stone really think Trump will go to the mat for him?

Probably. Nothing has more undeserved confidence than a mediocre white conservative male.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    MSNBC correspondent:

Some news from the Morrison deposition that will create more intrigue - Morrison says BOLTON had a one-on-one meeting with TRUMP about releasing Ukraine security assistance. Bolton told Morrison after Trump "wasn't ready to do it."

BOLTON also had very specific advice about what to do about anything SONDLAND-related: "Do not get involved, and make sure the lawyers are tracking."
    Bolton really needs to be forced to give testimony.

Couscous on
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    I got the sense from Bolton's lawyers that he wants to testify but wanted something in exchange. Like immunity.

• Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    So AG Barr gave an insane lesson in projection to the Federalist Society last night, where he laid out just how much the president should be above the law.

It's pissed a bunch of lawyer types off and renewed public calls for his impeachment. This speech is rather scary when you think about what Trump might try as impeachment continues to get uglier for him.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Barr, of all people, talking about having scruples... Idk that's some Omega level irony

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Jesus Christ that is a scary speech from anyone in power, let alone the attorney general

This discussion has been closed.