As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Giant Bomb] Noooooooooooooooo! :(

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    I wish it was just a you thing, but man you're not wrong to see a problem with how guns are viewed and delt with in the US and elsewhere.

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Totally, I just wanted to be clear that it doesn't mean I'm looking down on Brad and the gang or anything like that.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    I mean, I think guns are pretty cool, but I also think all semi-automatic firearms should be banned. You can do both at the same time. It's like lots of military stuff in games and movies, I think it's perfectly fine to enjoy that stuff and think it's cool and also be critical of it.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I'm the strange unicorn liberal who grew up in a household full of guns and have continued to be a collector and owner as an adult. I'm regularly torn with how I feel on the subject. I personally don't feel anything when I see the fake gun thing on the Bombcast, but I also appreciate that others feel very differently. It's a thorny issue to be sure.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I think the point of that story was Japan not giving a shit because they don't have the same issue with guns that the States do, and also that scene of the guns being inspected at the Japanese airport.

edit: You can be liberal and have guns. I think Gerstmann is/was a gun owner at one point in time. You can also believe that it needs to be regulated and controlled far more than it is.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    guns are bad
    we should illegalize all guns

fetishizing guns is part of a larger problem

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Dan living his best Dan life.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    That is too much soda

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    That is too much soda

At my current rate of consumption of soda, it would literally last me the rest of my life.

(Except I don't drink Mountain Dew)

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    if you're gonna drive to a Walmart an hour away you may as well buy that much soda.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    That is totally an image I would expect to see at a Walmart.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    His shaved head coupled with his scraggly beard peeking out of his mask is making me giggle for some unknown reason

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    That particular mountain dew is watermelon flavored too. And honestly, it kinda sucks.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I appreciate how mad Vinny is in today's Beastcast

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    His shaved head coupled with his scraggly beard peeking out of his mask is making me giggle for some unknown reason

Because he looks like someone you would see at Walmart buying a cart full of mountain dew

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Opty wrote: »

Because he looks like someone you would see at Walmart buying a cart full of mountain dew

Nah. He's wearing a mask.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    By this point I've kinda forgotten what it's like to go inside a store and buy groceries.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    By this point I've kinda forgotten what it's like to go inside a store and buy groceries.

It's the same as before, but you have to wear a stifling mask, say 6 feet away from everyone, and get incredibly angry at the people not following those first two rules.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Oh jeeze, apparently the Beast guys are having to move to a new building "fairly soon."

Sounds like it's going to really fuck with Bakalar's virtual CES plans.

• Options
    Vinny is right

There Is No Game is awesome

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Also I have to assume they just have to move out of the CBS building, they don't necessarily have to move into some place else, esp during a pandemic.

Or maybe they'll set up the new studio and then never use it.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    It's the same as before, but you have to wear a stifling mask, say 6 feet away from everyone, and get incredibly angry at the people not following those first two rules.
    Oh, I see the US is the same as the UK, then.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I have no intention of watching this until I've played it but Dan is an influencer for reals

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Dan playing is not as good as Dan backseating Brad playing, though.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Vinny playing is where the real magic is but Dan inspiring Brad is also good.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    Oh of course Vinny is the actual master player.

But Vinny works for an outlet, so he's probably not going to do their advertising for them.

steam_sig.png

• Options
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I get why they did it, but Brad is right: Hitman is meant to be episodic. Dumping it all at once just means people stop caring faster.

Edit: I guess it's good that it comes out after GOTY, so they don't have to rush to finish it for consideration. It will be a 2021 game.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Woo, Giant Bomb GOTY community voting is up.

https://www.giantbomb.com/articles/community-goty-2020-voting-begins/1100-6060/

tBbUZPi.png

Also complained on the forums in their voting bug reporting thread that Friendship with Benefits wasn't in their database, because dammit, that game is great.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    I certainly don't think the first 3 or 4 games all ended with an 'x' in the name... Nope, totally knew it's not Project Wingman X...

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    My list feels really weird and I may end up revising it but atm I can't see how:
    5wgd7r4pxi6t.png

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    a

To be fair, its really hard to find flavored caffeinated diet soda like this. If it were safe enough for me to go into a store, I would buy not that much, but maybe half or more. That stuff does just go bad after a year, and I couldnt justify buying a years supply. but thats like maybe 4 months in his cart based on how I drink soda. If it were regular times I'd get a road trip going for funsies with friends.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    thats like maybe 4 months in his cart based on how I drink soda.
    D:

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    thats like maybe 4 months in his cart based on how I drink soda.
    D:

1.4 12oz sodas a day isn't a big deal. Especially the amount of water/tea I drink on top of that.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I wrote up my list later than usual, but since it's generally tied to when they do their goty stuff I guess that makes sense.

For the community vote I figured HZD wouldn't be allowed even though the PC version came out this year, so I bumped everything up and dropped in Journey to the Savage Planet to the #10 slot.

• Options
    Red or AliveRed or Alive Registered User regular
    Shave your beard, Dan. Jeez Louise.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Man, I really had to scrape for my list, turns out I didn't play that many new games this year (I didn't bother ranking those I played but didn't enjoy). And somehow my #1 lasted from January for the entire year.

lfj6ow04cr82.png

Glal on
  • Options
    I HAVE LISTED
    lvz6pzd2rry7.png

coming in at a strong 11 was MS Flight Sim

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Woo, they approved Friendship with Benefits to their game database <3

Stabbity_Style.png
This discussion has been closed.